Jump to content
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Post-Humorously - 18. Chapter 18

I have to thank God that I have good teachers what make me that I am today.

If many scientist would not take the chance, it was impossible to invent the Mars.

If Columbus would not have been sail, when can you find the new land?

Gambling is called gambling for a reason.

Badly injuring himself landing on shallow water.

What would have happened if the rocket had failed during the launch? Or if the moon had monsters on its surface?

Being a first grade teacher, I always think of things at a 6-year-old’s level.

Seeing things from high places is not the same as seeing them from the same level.

Basically, one does not follow the speed limits on the highway. It's a known thing.

Fetal accidents.

An effort to combat highway safety.

Cheeses are most useful for eating.

Abnormously.

Poopularity.

As a father, I help set parameters for my children's choices, choosing to give them pre-selected options with graduated risks. I have done this most explicitly in their swimming lessons. They both began afraid of the deeper water, concerned that they would literally sink and not swim. I did not enjoy watching them be thrown into the deep end by the instructor. I knew this terrified them because of the perceived risks, and I know it terrified me as their father to watch them struggle. However, without being allowed to swallow a few lungs-full of water, they would not have been able to begin to trust their bodies and their instructors. Their being thrown in the deep end, sink some, and then begin to recognize their own inherent ability to conquer the water was invaluable. It taught them that, sometimes, risks are a gateway to rewards. They now love swimming and were able to pass their swim test by age 4.

Let's say a scientist discovers that cancer is actually viral and virtually indestructible. But he also discovers that it’s originating in a small genetic population of people spread all over the world. If that population were removed, the virus would not be able to proliferate. The world would be cured of cancer. Further, he develops a toxin which kills only that population, without pain, and it can be manufactured cheaply and in great quantities. Would you make everyone take it?

copyright 2018 by Richard Eisbrouch
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..