Jump to content
    Robert Rex
  • Author
  • 2,981 Words
  • 5,065 Views
  • 29 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Joe the Welder - 8. SO Not a Typical Monday!

Lot's of stuff going on in this chapter! Get ready!

Typical Monday—at least the morning.

Drank almost the full pot of coffee after the mostly sleepless night I had. Joe's meeting with the Child Protective Services social worker is this afternoon. Can't worry about Joe's action/reaction to her visit any more.

Morning at the office went well. Threw myself into some clients I needed to
follow up with—one couple had narrowed down their choice of homes between 2, and wanted to “think about it” over the weekend. Hope to get that pinned down with them, get the offer written up and submitted to the other agent.

They made their decision, they're meeting me at 2:00 pm to get the paperwork
going.

Did some marketing work. Got out some mailings and emails announcing a new
listing I had for sale. Nice home out on the lake, priced well. It'll sell, just need to get the word out.

Lots of phone calls covering details on existing purchase transactions, and
scheduling home inspections, termite inspections, and home warranty followups.
Whew! It's now 11:45, and still haven't started the paperwork for the couple
buying the place.

Grabbed a quick bargain burger from a place down the street, worked at my desk, got the paperwork done by 1:45 just as they pulled in outside my office—in a new luxury sport ute. Uh oh.

Ok, Rex, let's get this paperwork going! We're excited!”

Great! Let's go in the conference room, go over the paperwork so you know what you're signing. We'll also need to get a current loan approval letter from your loan officer replacing the one you've got and tailored to this transaction—that way the sellers know you're submitting a solid offer.”

Called the loan officer, he was at a late lunch. Went over all the paperwork for
'em, and after answering a few questions from 'em, got signatures on all the
documents. After getting everything done, the receptionist announced the call
from the loan officer.

Barry, we're submitting an offer on the Everett's new home. Can you fax me over an update approval letter?”

Sure—are the Everett's still there? Can I speak to 'em to review over a few details?” Passed the phone to hubby.

After a few minutes, and overhearing him explain about their finances—and the
purchase of a new car--he handed the phone to me, face downcast.

Rex, they no longer qualify to buy a place. Their buying a new car pushed their
monthly debt-to-income ratio beyond allowable limits, and they don't have enough money to put more down to get a lower payment. Sorry to say it, but it looks like this one is dead.”

Chatted with the Everett's a few more minutes, suggesting some options—a lesser house, another lender, etc. After getting lukewarm responses, it's clear their dream is on hold till they can save up more money for a bigger down payment.

Shook hands with 'em and they left. It's now 3 o'clock,

FUCK! I'd been working with 'em for over 2 months, had showed 'em multiple
properties. And now this. And lost a good chunk of today dealing with this
failed transaction.

Time for a smoke and cup of coffee. Thank God there's a Starbucks coffee shop at the end of the strip mall we're in. Told the receptionist where I was going, and headed out.

Got my coffee, sat outside and lit my smoke. Suddenly hearing my name being
yelled over and over; turn, look, and here's Joe running full steam toward me.

He looks like shit, red-faced, eyes swollen from crying, cheeks puffy, sweating
from the run down here from my office.

Rex, Rex---we got our kids! We got our kids!” He picks me up in a bear hug,
pulls me back down—and give me a fire-laced kiss, as hot as anything we've ever
done.

Here we go again—kissing at Starbucks in front of God, coffee drinkers, and half
the town since we're on a busy city street. He's still hanging on so hard I can
hardly breathe.

Mrs.-Patterson-said-she-thought-we'd-make-great-parents-and-we-can-get-the-kids-We-just-need-to-do-a-few-things-to-the-place-to-get-it-whipped-in-line-for-'em-and-then-we-can-have-'em-when-school's-out-in-6-weeks-Oh-my-God-we're-gonna-be-daddies!” By now he's talking at the top of his lungs.

All in that unforgettable all-in-one-breath style Joe's mastered.

The crowd broke into applause, along with the agents, receptionist, and manager from my office. My office came down after Joe barreled into there from the cab, yelling for me. The receptionist told him I was here grabbing coffee, and he ran back out, yelling all the way. Guess they figured he'd tell me my house was on fire or something, and wanted to see the response.

Joe, that's great news! Know you're excited about getting the kids.” He looked
dumbstruck, face frozen.

Rex, wait a minute. You don't want the kids? You don't want ME and the kids?
Look, Rex....” His eyes teared up almost spilling over.

No, no, no—I love you, you big lug, and I love the kids, too! I just wanna make
sure you know what you're getting into with me, and me and the kids. It's a big
step for you and for them. We've never talked about all this. I know how I feel
about you but.....” and left the question hanging. Along with my pounding chest
and twisting guts.

Damn bright sunlight. Always makes my eyes water.

Long pause. Crickets chirping. Joe standing open-mouthed looking like I'd
bitch-slapped him. Traffic noise? What traffic noise? The world is stopped.

Look, fucker, I'm not the best at this emotional shit. But goddammit, Rex, I
fucking love your ass. You make me crazy. I never knew I could feel like this
about anyone. I always know you've got my back. No one has every made me feel more taken care of, or more proud of who I’m with, or make me wanna be a better man. I'm not good at saying it, but you gotta know—I love and need you in my life. We got it good, Rex, and you're not going anywhere, you bastard.”

In a loud voice the whole strip shopping center can hear, Joe continues, “I LOVE
THIS MAN AND ONE DAY I'M GONNA MARRY HIM!” Another kiss that takes my breath away—really, seriously can't breathe. More applause and cheering. And when we separate, slaps on the back from well wishers.

Damn sunlight must be getting brighter. Eyes watering more.

Any other questions, Rex?”

Uh......no. The brain is officially jello. Who am I and what planet is this?

Joe, let's get out of here. We need to talk, do some planning for the kids.”
Finally. Complete sentences can still come from my quasi-functional brain.

Left the coffee shop, went back to my office to get keys to the minivan from my desk, and we spent the night at my place.

We made love all night long.

Guys talk about “sex”, “fucking”, and “making love” as though it's all the same.
Or “sex” is reserved for among friends, “fucking” for sport, and “making love”
as though it's some sort of delicate ballet. Not with Joe and me.

Think of the dance of the linebackers. Or the tension between goalie and
forward. Hard. Rough. High energy. Bodies grappling together. Sweat. Muscles
alternately tense and relaxed.

And through it all an underlying tenderness and trust in the look, the kiss, in
the touch, no matter how rough the surface contact feels. When it gets kinkier,
with bondage, or toys, or even a few rough slaps on the ass, there's always the
sense that it's a measured, controlled explosion between men with far more of a
connection than just physical. When making love is done, the connection
continues, deeper, stronger, better, in the conversation and mere intimacy of
holding and caresses.

Fuckin' great night. Maybe. Best. Ever.

Of course, we're getting the kids. Joe's notifying Ms. Patterson first thing.

Talked the next morning before I took Joe to work. My house, although only a
two-bedroom is bigger than Joe's townhouse. Sara Elizabeth can have the bedroom, and I'll hit the foster parents up to see if they'll sell the bunk beds. We can convert the dining room in my place to the boys' room until I can find us a
bigger place. There's a guest full bath close enough that everyone will be
happy.

And, Joe's gonna need another vehicle to handle running around with kids
activities as well as his job.

The foster folks and Joe and me sat with the kids and we decided that we'd make
the move after school's over so they could stay focused on their studies. Besides, it's only about a month. The kids will still go to the same schools when schools start back up in the fall. We've got large school districts, so no problem there. And that'll give us time to get the place ready for 'em.

When the weekend hits, discussion about our finances takes place out on the
patio over coffee. Just like any couple.

Joe, looks like we've got enough between us, and with the rents we're paying,
we can afford to buy a new place for all of us. Whaddya think?”

You're the go-to guy on this one, Rex. You say it, we'll do it. But the idea
sounds good, a little more room for us and the kids, and....”

I know what ya want,” and start laughing. “I can see it now. All of us in a big
house, kids and dogs playing in the yard behind the picket fence and matching
minivans in the driveway. Of course, hafta throw in lots of hot kinky sex. And
growing old together.” I stole a kiss. “Not exactly the Brady Bunch, but close
enough. Suburban happiness!” I grinned.

Ding, ding, ding. Spidey sense going off---loudly; yup, this is gonna happen.

Joe looks at me and grins big, eyes wide with wonder. “What's that ringing?”
Yeah, his spidey sense just got turned on with mine.

I just laughed. “I'll explain later, boy.”

It's been almost a year since Joe and I first met. A simple casual encounter with “Joe the Welder”. Now our fuckin' spidey senses are in sync.

Despite all the times he's kept me off balance with his public displays of
affection; despite my worries about how he was dealing with his gay/bi/whatever
feelings; despite the confusion I've had about where I stood with him—or where
he stood with me; despite of (or because of) a few rough spots, the clarity is
here.

Yeah, we got it good.

Joe's moving in next week.

EPILOGUE

Been a year since Joe moved in. Here's the update:

Frank, our favorite bartender, still owns and works at the Main Street Bar, and
Elaine his wife helps out from time to time when her schedule allows. They
bought a great house on the lake from me about 6 months ago, and he's in the
process of opening a 2nd bar in a town 30 or so miles away with the same feel as
Main Street. If it does well, he has dreams of franchising the Main Street's
concept nationwide.

Brandon did a plea deal with the district attorney and is now serving a 10-20
year sentence for attempted murder. Joe makes the 3 hour drive to visit him
every couple or 3 months. So far, only Braydon will go with him to see his
dad—the rest of the kids don't care about seeing him. Brandon was surprisingly
ok with us taking the kids. Think he's had time to think, or maybe he's met
someone important to him while in jail.

Ms. (Dianne) Patterson at Child Protective Services pushed through the foster
parent placement with the court in only 2 weeks, and, 6 months after Brandon's
sentencing, pushed through a full adoption of Brandon's kids for us. (Since
Brandon's wife abandoned the kids more than 18 months ago and has been
untraceable, the court went with us. And Brandon's mom had no interest in taking the kids—she simply can't with her poor health.) Dianne's been tireless on our behalf. We're good friends now, too. And Dianne's hinted that we'd be great foster parents for some of the gay kids that are harder to place.

Braydon is now 11, and a real sports nut. Plays junior league baseball and
junior varsity football. Watches every sport shown on ESPN. He's gotten a growth spurt, and is about to enter adolescence with his body changing and sex drive going up. Joe's already sweating about having the sex talk with him; I'll
probably end up doing that.

Clay is now 9 almost 10. Every bit as much an athlete as Braydon, but he's
suddenly developed an interest in drawing and art. He's a little quieter than
Braydon, a little more book focused, and a great kid with the same big heart as
Joe. Braydon always kids him about being “the smart one”, though both of their
grades are good.

Sara Elizabeth is pushing 7, becoming quite the young lady, loves to play with
her dolls' hair, and play makeup, and is incredibly outgoing. Every weekend
she's included by all the kids in her class in their birthday parties or
sleepovers. She's doing well in first grade.

Sandy still works at the distribution center. And, Sandy has met a man, been
dating him for 6 months or so. Their relationship seems to be going well. He's a
good guy, loves Andy to pieces, and stops by regularly here both when Andy's
here, and even when he's not.

Andy stays with us a lot because of the shifts and hours his mom works. Andy, 10, soon to be 11, is inseparable from our boys—to the point he's got a bed in their room for his frequent overnight stayovers. Andy and Braydon are in the same grade, but always make time during their study sessions to help Clay. And yeah, even though we've got the extra space, the boys all want to room together.

Mrs. Sheldon, is still as independent as ever—but her hip has been giving her
problems, and climbing stairs in her townhouse wasn't helping. At 68, we
convinced her to sell her townhouse, and now lives with us, taking care of the
kids and house. She's got her own “mother in law” suite attached to the garage,
so she still feels independent. Since Joe's mom is still in Michigan, she's a
great substitute grandmother for “our kids”, Andy included. If we're the “Brady
Bunch”, she's our “Alice”--funny, wise, energetic, and a damn good cook.

Chuck Edmundson, my cop buddy and his wife Danielle are good friends. We trade out a lot of weekends between their pool and our back yard, grilling in both places. And half the time Sara Elizabeth will get away from the boys with their daughter, who's in her class, and spend the night with her at their place while their boy, who's in the same class with Clay, stays with Braydon, Clay, and Andy here. Yeah, not a lot of sleep happens on those nights. And we've taught 'em all to play flag football, and Joe and I will occasionally join in—and they love it. But, based on what Dani has said, there are some problems; she's afraid he's cheating on her. They're good folks; hope it works out.

As for Joe and me? Well, you already know we got the kids, with Andy a constant visitor, and Mrs. Sheldon being the housekeeper extraordinaire, cook, and substitute grandmother.

Yeah, we did end up with matching minivans—the local mom and pop florists were closing down their operations due to his heart condition, so we bought his
wife's luxury minivan for Joe, since they wanted a sedan. As fate would have it,
it's the same color as mine.

A month after the kids moved in, I found us a house which we've bought. It's a
big old mostly-restored house, just right around the corner from Joe's old
townhouse and Sandy's current place, so Andy can walk the few blocks anytime.

In the historic district, it's got 4 bedrooms and 3 baths in the main house and
a mother-in-law suite attached to the garage with it's own bath and kitchenette.
It'd been used as a small boarding house at the turn of the 1900's, so it's got
high ceilings, big rooms now that the smaller sleeping rooms have been combined, hardwood floors, and only needed some cosmetic work by Joe to bring it back to good shape. Thankfully the kitchen had been redone, so we had an almost new 6-burner range to feed the animals—Joe included. Thankfully, the price was within reach, and had been discounted due to the cosmetics it needed.

There's also a small room off the master downstairs—I guess it used to be a cloak room for the parlor—and Joe's ready to mount a sling, and keep our toys in there. Yup, still have kinky sex, my Joe's an insatiable bottom/sub, and that may become a mini “dungeon”.

A couple of months after we moved in, Joe formally proposed to me—this time at
the nicest restaurant in town. We flew out of state, got married there, and came
back to a great reception that Mrs. Shelton put together with a group of friends
to surprise us. Over 400 friends showed up at the hotel ballroom to honor us!
Quite a night!

And before you ask, the house is on a half-block corner lot, with oak trees big
enough I can't reach around, surrounded by a wrought iron fence There is a
small rose garden in back that's mostly overgrown and in the way, and it's
surrounded by a white picket fence—and Joe won't even consider getting rid of
the garden or the fencing. He kids me about the whole “white picket fence”
thing. And Joe made a couple of rocking chairs for us to watch the kids and the new lab puppies from the front porch.

Yeah, it's true. We got it good.

Thank you to everyone who's "liked", "followed", and commented on the story. It really means a lot to every writer here when you take a couple of minutes to do that--it's a real motivator!
You'll see Joe and Rex again in my new story, "Landfall" here, and you'll be ahead of the other readers, since you already know their background.
Again, thank you for reading!
Copyright © 2014 Robert Rex; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 38
  • Love 5
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



What a superb ending to a wonderful story. Between florescent lighting, dust and bright sunshine, it's a wonder that Rex's eyes are ever dry :huh: .You hit all the right buttons with this chapter from the emotional "we got the kids" to the amazing definition of what sex/f'ing/making love is. One of the best descriptions that I have ever read. I am so glad that they are going to be a part of Landfall. I love that story already. The Epilogue was great...it is so nice for the reader when all the loose ends are tied up the way you did it...Kudos and cheers...Gary

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 11/21/2014 08:12 AM, Headstall said:
What a superb ending to a wonderful story. Between florescent lighting, dust and bright sunshine, it's a wonder that Rex's eyes are ever dry :huh: .You hit all the right buttons with this chapter from the emotional "we got the kids" to the amazing definition of what sex/f'ing/making love is. One of the best descriptions that I have ever read. I am so glad that they are going to be a part of Landfall. I love that story already. The Epilogue was great...it is so nice for the reader when all the loose ends are tied up the way you did it...Kudos and cheers...Gary
Glad ya liked it, Headstall! This is my first story, so adding the epilogue was something I'd wanted to do on the story--wish several of my favorite stories had 'em!

Yup, you'll see Joe and Rex in Landfall, currently scheduled here for next week....Quite the change in Rex from the no-nonsense business guy he started out being to the softie he is now, isn't there?

Again, glad you enjoyed the story--thanks for reading!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

See, Gary? Told ya you'd like it!

 

Rex- Looking forward to Landfall since I haven't read it like this one. Now I'll be able to make comments without fear of giving stuff away. ;p

 

Way to go stud!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/21/2014 08:38 AM, Carlos Hazday said:
See, Gary? Told ya you'd like it!

 

Rex- Looking forward to Landfall since I haven't read it like this one. Now I'll be able to make comments without fear of giving stuff away. ;p

 

Way to go stud!

Hey, buddy, it was your encouragement that got me to post "Joe" here!

Think you're gonna like "Landfall". It's a complex story, far more than "Joe", plenty of plot twists--hoping it keeps you interested! Scheduled to drop chapter 1 next week.

Thanks again for the kind words and support!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Thanks for the journey! I love it when the characters are so real, and these two are like a couple of people I know! I see great things in the future for this family.

And now, I sit, and not so patiently wait for Landfall.... (it's going to be a long weekend, sigh)

 

Chris

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/23/2014 04:57 AM, mollyhousemouse said:
Thanks for the journey! I love it when the characters are so real, and these two are like a couple of people I know! I see great things in the future for this family.

And now, I sit, and not so patiently wait for Landfall.... (it's going to be a long weekend, sigh)

 

Chris

Molly/Chris, thanks for the kind words!

You'll see Joe and Rex again, later, in "Landfall", and their roles will expand in the story. I think you'll enjoy what both of them have become.

(BTW, Landfall is currently scheduled for Tuesday. It's a different story line from the Joe and Rex story--but hope you'll like it!)

Thanks again for following the story!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Loved this story! Though, because I began 'Landfall' first, it remains 'topdog'!! :*) Both are well written, sensitive, teary, sexy entries that make them such a pleasure to read!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful work...you and a couple of other authors on this site, definitely would get the "I'd Buy Before a James Patterson" award!! :thumbup:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 01/23/2015 12:50 AM, Onim said:
Loved this story! Though, because I began 'Landfall' first, it remains 'topdog'!! :*) Both are well written, sensitive, teary, sexy entries that make them such a pleasure to read!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful work...you and a couple of other authors on this site, definitely would get the "I'd Buy Before a James Patterson" award!! :thumbup:
Aw, thanks, Onim! Glad you enjoyed the story!

And, get ready...you'll see Joe and Rex in "Landfall" shortly--so knowing their history, you'll be ahead!

This is gonna be in the CSR discussion forum on Monday. The formal will be open all day, and I'll be there live Monday night from 7-9 pm Central to answer any questions you come up with (and I'm not limiting the discussion to just "Joe" either!). Hope you can join in!

Thanks for the kind words--you made my day!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Well, bud, I finally finished your story and I'm damn glad I did. This needs to be made into a movie. You start us off nice and easy, getting to know the characters, getting to feel for them, and then you flip a switch and suddenly we are on an emotional roller coaster that got me to hate a character (glad Brandon is not getting out easy), and absolutely love your protagonists. That bit when Joe is in the hospital and Rex used the L word nearly made me tear up (but you never heard me say that), and I couldn't stop grinning like an idiot right along with basically the entire town at the end of the story. I'm so glad you didn't skimp out on the good stuff and gave us even an epilogue to learn how everyone is doing. It's nice when an author takes the time to think about what happens to his characters once the bright burst of action in the main story is over.

I think I particularly enjoyed your portrayal of the evolving relationship between the two men. I think it exemplifies the complexity of male sexuality very nicely, and you gave us two real people who were brave enough to love each other and as a result found not only happiness for themselves, but for others around them (I swear I could hear kids laughing and dogs barking in the background as I was finishing up… To paraphrase you, damn dust keeps getting in my eye). The tone and atmosphere of the story is also particularly unique, with both the main characters inner dialogue and the way other characters talk adding to what I personally find a very refreshing, personal way of interacting with others that you simply cannot get in large cities with all their anonymity.

Thanks for sharing! :D

  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 03/04/2015 08:08 AM, albertnothlit said:
Well, bud, I finally finished your story and I'm damn glad I did. This needs to be made into a movie. You start us off nice and easy, getting to know the characters, getting to feel for them, and then you flip a switch and suddenly we are on an emotional roller coaster that got me to hate a character (glad Brandon is not getting out easy), and absolutely love your protagonists. That bit when Joe is in the hospital and Rex used the L word nearly made me tear up (but you never heard me say that), and I couldn't stop grinning like an idiot right along with basically the entire town at the end of the story. I'm so glad you didn't skimp out on the good stuff and gave us even an epilogue to learn how everyone is doing. It's nice when an author takes the time to think about what happens to his characters once the bright burst of action in the main story is over.

I think I particularly enjoyed your portrayal of the evolving relationship between the two men. I think it exemplifies the complexity of male sexuality very nicely, and you gave us two real people who were brave enough to love each other and as a result found not only happiness for themselves, but for others around them (I swear I could hear kids laughing and dogs barking in the background as I was finishing up… To paraphrase you, damn dust keeps getting in my eye). The tone and atmosphere of the story is also particularly unique, with both the main characters inner dialogue and the way other characters talk adding to what I personally find a very refreshing, personal way of interacting with others that you simply cannot get in large cities with all their anonymity.

Thanks for sharing! :D

Albert, THANK YOU for such a stunning review!

I'm really glad you enjoyed the story. As I've mentioned elsewhere, the story originally started with the idea of how many gay men explore their relationships with other men through sex; it turned into far more. Yes, its got its moments of high drama, but through it all, it's still very much a story of two men in love; exploring, learning, and overall, making things better!

I'm glad you mentioned the epilogue--I've been frustrated many times that other authors don't do that...somehow, in this story, it seemed fitting. Yeah, I'm a sucker for "happy ever after", and the epilogue illustrates that further for all the characters here.

BTW, if you've been following my current story, "Landfall", you're about to meet Joe and Rex again!

Again, thank you for a review that had my eyes watering--maybe the dust or maybe the fluorescent lighting, I dunno ;) --but know that you made my day!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

This is the first of your stories I've read. I really enjoyed getting to know Joe and Red, and I enjoyed their happy ending! Looking forward to the next story. Thank you. Jeff

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 01/10/2016 07:40 PM, JeffreyL said:

This is the first of your stories I've read. I really enjoyed getting to know Joe and Red, and I enjoyed their happy ending! Looking forward to the next story. Thank you. Jeff

Glad you enjoyed the story! Joe and Rex are like lots of other guys you know--sometimes rowdy behaviors, but at heart good guys, and certainly interesting. And the devotion they end up developing for each other and those around them is nothing less than heroic, just like what we see in a lot of friends' lives daily.

Thanks for reading!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 01/16/2016 11:55 AM, skinnydragon said:

Great story Rex!

I'm glad I caught up. Now I can continue with Lion's Lair and not worry I'm missing some backstory.

Glad you enjoyed it!

I must admit, was originally hesitant about publishing it here, since it's far more erotic than most of the stories. But, the eroticism is part of the guys' exploration and building of the relationship--just like it is with lots of men--and it served its purpose. And, it WAS my first story ever, so that only added to my uncertainty about it being here!

Thanks for reading, and the comments!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Rex, this has got to be at least my third reading of this story. I adore these two! What a great combination steamy chemistry and sweet love.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 04/28/2016 06:51 AM, pzetts3 said:

Rex, this has got to be at least my third reading of this story. I adore these two! What a great combination steamy chemistry and sweet love.

Aw, Pzetts...I'm honored that you've found Joe and Rex's story worthy of re-reading! They're great characters, and I'm thrilled that you're enjoying them--both their chemistry and their love.

THANK YOU! You made my day!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

This is one of the best I have read in years. I found myself smiling through most of the story. Well written, wonderful humor and an overall feel good piece.
A job very well done Robert, it's hard to believe this is your first story.

 

Sincerely,
Bart

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 09/18/2016 05:02 PM, badbart said:

This is one of the best I have read in years. I found myself smiling through most of the story. Well written, wonderful humor and an overall feel good piece.

A job very well done Robert, it's hard to believe this is your first story.

 

Sincerely,

Bart

Bart, THANK YOU so much for the kind comments! I'm really glad you enjoyed the tale, including the offbeat humor! *grin

Yup, it's the first story I ever wrote--but you'll see Joe and Rex again (briefly) in "Landfall", and with a little more detail, in my newest story, "Lion's Lair". They're great guys--and one of the nicest compliments I can receive is when someone finds the characters and dialogue to be "real".

THANK YOU again for the comments--You made my day!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 09/27/2016 06:02 AM, Cinnamon said:

Great story, I fully enjoyed it.

THANK YOU for the kind words--glad you enjoyed it!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Great story. I read this and 'Landfall' in the wrong order ( both great stories)
I worked out though after meeting Rex and Joe in 'Landfall' was nice find out they're story too.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/08/2016 01:33 PM, Cajbor said:

Great story. I read this and 'Landfall' in the wrong order ( both great stories)

I worked out though after meeting Rex and Joe in 'Landfall' was nice find out they're story too.

Glad you were able to get the "back" story on Joe and Rex. Isn't that the way we find out a lot of things about new friends--we take what we know at the start and "fill in" their past as we learn more about them?

And, I deliberately made each story a stand-alone tale, so that one story isn't a required read for the other; but, it IS nice to get some of the blanks filled in on their lives.

You'll see Joe and Rex, and Dave and Barry make appearances in "Lion's Lair". So keep reading!

THANK YOU for your picking up this story! Glad you enjoyed it!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

LOL, Joe may be bad about expressing his emotions but when he finally does it, he goes the full monty. Nice to know they're set for life and still have it good. This was an amazing first story, Rex, and I apologize for not reviewing until now.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 01/23/2017 07:22 AM, Timothy M. said:

LOL, Joe may be bad about expressing his emotions but when he finally does it, he goes the full monty. Nice to know they're set for life and still have it good. This was an amazing first story, Rex, and I apologize for not reviewing until now.

Thank you for the kind words here!

You're absolutely right--Joe is definitely an all-or-nothing kind of guy. One of those men of few words, but they all carry weight.

And, since you know they appear in other stories of mine, you've now got the backstory on 'em.

THANK YOU for reading and reviewing!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Well, I have decided I have read this story before. But, by the time I realized it I was enjoying it all over again. It was just as good this time around so I hope I "stumble" across it again in the future.
Thanks for heartwarming story.
Jim

  • Like 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..