Jump to content
    Robert Rex
  • Author
  • 3,431 Words
  • 4,666 Views
  • 13 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Landfall - 5. The Ugly Green Monster

Barry's past is revealed....and is that ugly green monster raising his head?

I'm cuddled up against David's back as I wake, my arm thrown across his chest. Even more surprising, my morning erection is buried in the cleft of his ass. Even with my underwear and his between us, no question about what's happening here.

I can rationalize it saying it's been a while since I've slept with someone. Or that I'm lonely, and missing Jackie's intimacy. Or that I got cold during the night. Or some other bullshit. Truthfully, it just feels damn good. Easy. Natural. Like I said, damn good.

Guess I squirmed a little, David's shoulder twitches, and I hear a low groan as he starts to stretch awake. I'm frozen in place, including my hard on against his ass.

“Morning” comes out as low rumble, and his hand wipes the sleep from his eyes as he turns his head. “You sleep ok, buddy?” His eyes lock on me, still bleary from sleep.

“Yeah, I did fine.” I manage to roll to my back. “Sorry about the cuddle thing.”

“Don't be. Kinda liked it actually.” He flips over, now on his other side, looking at me. “These things happen.” Grinning. “Ready to start your day?”

“Yup. You wanna hit the shower first, or me?”

“You go ahead, after we get cleaned up, we'll grab breakfast. I'll check to make sure the guys are up and going—I'm sure they are, it's what....” Stretching to look over me at the clock on my nightstand, “.....7:40, so they're up. And then after breakfast, got a few things to go over with you.”

Roll out of bed, grab a pair of clean boxer briefs and head to the bathroom. Turn on the shower, and wait for the water to warm up. Yeah, it takes a while—not much water pressure and plumbing in an old house conspire for a long wait for me. Realize I've left my travel kit on the dresser, pull my boxers back on, and go out to get it.

David's lying totally uncovered, naked, on top of the sheets, jacking off, eyes closed, one hand playing with his nipple, the other beating his meat like he's mad at it. I freeze, then start moving back to the bathroom. Hear a low groan, and as I do, the damn hardwood floor squeaks underneath my bare feet. David opens his eyes and sees me just as he sprays his chest and belly with a load and a half.

“I forgot my shave stuff....”

“Oh, damn...”

Our words mesh. Know I'm every bit as beet-faced as I've ever been. And not only is David's face red from his orgasm, his embarrassment at being caught masturbating compounds it, and the red spreads from his face to the top of his shoulders and chest.

“Uh, getting in the shower now.....” I crawl in under the hot water. And, although I hadn't planned on it, jacked myself in there. Money shots in porn are some of the best parts—and I'd just seen David's live. And yeah, it was hot.

Finished the shower, pulled on the fresh boxer briefs, shaved and came out to get dressed. David's sitting on the side of the bed in his underwear.

“Hey, uh, Barry.....I'm sorry about that. Figured you were in the shower, and that I had time for it.”

“David, don't worry about it.” I grinned. “We all do it—in fact, just took care of mine in the shower. Guess we're both horndogs.” Another grin, and David visibly relaxes.

“Thanks, buddy. And yeah, I'll be more careful next time.” A shy smile crosses his face.

“Now, get your ass in the shower—I'm hungry, and definitely need some coffee!” We both start laughing, and things are back to normal between us.

Greg and Jonathan join us for breakfast. We're all in typical tourist mode of t-shirts, shorts, and flip flops. After gallons of coffee among the 4 of us, and hearty meals each, we all stand, and head out to the patio by the pool.

“David, we need to run a few errands. We only grabbed clothes for last night, since yesterday happened in advance of the plan, need to fill up the Suburban, grab some cash from the bank, and so on. You guys ok with us being away for a couple of hours?” Greg already had the keys in his hand as Jonathan spoke.

“Sure. Barry and I are gonna go over some stuff this morning for a couple of hours till lunch, then we'll relax this afternoon, and see how the rest of the day goes. Take your time, guys.”

The boys headed off, while David and I finished coffee.

“Ok, Barry, here's what I thought we'd do. While they're gone, we can go over your new history, and I can do some coaching on how you can handle questions. I'm not gonna beat all of this into you today, since we've got a few weeks before the trial, so you've got time to get comfortable with it. You may even field questions from Jonathan and Greg, since they only know you as “Barry”. That'll be good rehearsal times for ya, since they'll be softball questions, and if ya do slip up in the timeline, I can fix it with ya later.”

“After we're done, or when they get back, we can just relax. I think you can use the break. And we'll play the rest of the day by ear. You ok with this approach?”

“Fine with me, David, let's get to it. You know I'm not one to just sit around—I like to stay busy.”

“Oh, one more thing, Barry. I like for my friends to call me Dave. You'd done it once, but you're back to David. I count you as a friend, so use the friend name, huh?” He smiled that mega-watt smile.

“Easily done, buddy. Dave it is.”

With that, we dove into Dave's file on me. According to the file, I was raised by a military father and stay at home mom, I'd lived all over the country, moving a lot as a kid. Went to a small college in Montana, got my business degree. Moved all over with each job in sales and operations for a variety of manufacturing companies. Married, it didn't work out, had a boy and girl grown and on their own, and we'd drifted apart. Now exploring new job options—whatever they turn out to be, that's being finalized.

Remarkably, there was quite a bit of truth hidden in that fabricated history. My dad was Army, did logistics for 'em, and we did move some when I was a kid, just not as much as the history indicated. I did go to college at a small school when dad was stationed in Minnesota, and I did start off in marketing at the bank, so guess a sales background was there. Yeah, the marriage didn't work out, but only because of Jackie's death. And yeah, my kids and I were no longer close—only because of the witness protection plan we'd developed to make sure they were safe.

Jackie's death. Less than a couple of weeks ago, but a lifetime ago. All of this started then. Am I really gonna pull this off?

“That's the key to making your cover story work, Barry. It's deliberately mixing fact with some fiction, so it's believable, but is vague enough you really can't get pinned down on it. If someone asks, yeah, you may have had a job in Atlanta, and your job or home was off Peachtree. Hell, half the streets in Atlanta are named “Peachtree”, and differ only by directional, and the addition of “street”, “road”, “lane”, etc. Sounds believable , but you really aren't giving detail. And, we'll be fleshing out your story with details as we go along, so don't worry about it.

We'd gone over my history in a question and answer format, with Dave firing the questions, and coaching my answers for a couple of hours, when 6 other guys came out by the pool, screwdrivers or mimosas in hand. Younger guys, maybe college age.

“They with your team, Dave?” Since the Bureau owned this place, figured they were.

“Nope, just relax, though. They're guests here. Agents are welcome to use the place when availability allows, but we do advertise the place, and make a little revenue from it. And between the credit cards and ID they give us, we vet 'em to make sure they're ok. No worries.”

Just at that point, one of the guys comes over, volleyball in one hand, drink in the other. “You guys up for some pool volleyball? We could use ya. We're going to the beach after lunch, but figure there's time to get in a couple of games here first.”

Dave looked at the guy, then me. “Sure, it'd be a good break from work—you ready to get your team's ass whupped, Barry?” Cocky bastard was grinning big.

“Bring it on, buddy. We'll see. But let's get into some trunks first, ok?”

The visitor nodded, we raced back to the room, jumped into swim gear—me in board shorts, Dave in square-cut speedos. Grabbing towels, we headed back, and got to the pool just as the net went up on the standards. The teams had already divided up, so Dave and I just stepped off into the pool, introduced ourselves to the guys, and found positions. As we played, found out about the guys. All of 'em were from Tennessee, all just graduated from college there, and had decided to take a two week vacation before diving into the career pool after Memorial Day. And, as I'd kinda figured out, they were all gay. Two of the guys on the my team were lovers, all the others were single.

The game went well, and the intensity increased the longer we played. Our rotation brought Dave and me face to face across the net. Dave picked up on the trash talk that had been going on, and aimed his words at me. The other guys only egged him on.

“Do we need to slow the game down for ya? We moving too fast? Can ya keep up?” The guys were laughing as Dave piled it on.

“We'll see, buddy. But we're in the lead, and I'm doing my part. Watch and see, boy!”

Ball goes over the net on our serve, and is volleyed back to us. We bat it around, then back across the net. And, after several volleys back and forth between teams, the ball ends up coming to me. Remarkably, I'd had time to prepare, launched myself out of the water, and spiked the ball down toward Dave.

Dave had been a little slower on the uptake, and the guy in the yellow speedos next to him went up as well, since the ball was headed between 'em. He and Dave collided mid-air, and went underwater as the ball hit the pool, then bounded up out of the pool across the decking.

They came up together, chest to chest, coughing and sputtering. Mr. Speedo looked up at Dave, smiled, and said thanks, but made no effort to let go of Dave. Dave just looked at him, smiled, and said, “We'll get it next time,” and started backing away from the guy. Dave looked over at me, a kinda funny look, and got back into position for the next play.

Who does this Mr. Speedo think he is, feeling Dave up like that in a pool?!?!

We finished the game, my team won, and everyone got out of the pool, dried off. The guys said thanks, they were going to lunch, then the beach, invited us to join 'em. Dave explained we had friends joining us shortly, but that we'd do it another time. And with that, Dave and I were alone by the pool again.

“Ok, Barry, what was that look you gave me?” Dave was smirking, trying not to laugh.

“What look?”

“That look when Larry and I came up out of the pool together.”

“I didn't have a look.”

“Yeah, ya did, and I'd almost swear it looked like you were jealous!” At this point, Dave is laughing—whether at me or the circumstances in the pool, I'm not sure. “Caught me off guard, but I think I like it!” Now he's loudly laughing.

I'm grinning, too, but fire back, “yeah, that's it, I'm jealous of your volleyball skills—two of ya there and ya STILL missed it!” We both laughed for a few more seconds, then it got quiet, and we're both still looking at each other intensely.

Was I jealous?

Greg and Jonathan walked up at that moment, so at least I didn't have to provide further explanation. Guess I may have some thinking to do.

“We stopped by Subway, got sandwiches, figured we could do those here, and enjoy the pool the rest of the afternoon, “ Greg said, waiving around a big bag, with chips about to fall out of the top. “Got everything, sandwiches, chips, drinks, and cookies for desert. Let's eat.”

David and I filled 'em in on the guys, and the game, as we ate. And we talked about maybe going to the beach with 'em tomorrow.

We all peeled off our shirts, laid by the pool on the loungers, soaking up the sun, first time I've really had time to do that. And despite the other guys there, and some occasional banter, it's quiet. And I'm thinking.

Is this plan really gonna come together? Lots of variables there. Can I really pull off creating and living a new life? Definitely a challenge. Was I really jealous of Dave and Mr. Speedo? That one bounced around as much as any of the other questions. Does that mean I'm developing feelings for Dave? Possessing him? My mind was tumbling but my body was soaking up the sun, and relaxing.

Guess I must have dozed off, when I'm aware of a hand on my shoulder, gently shaking me. “Wake up, Barry, you're getting burned.”

“What time is it?”

“Almost 4,” Dave replies. “Think we ought to go back to the room, get you packed and ready to move to your room tonight, Barry. Plus you need to get out of the sun. You're already turning red.”

Grabbed our shirts, everyone went back up to our rooms. As we passed Greg and Jonathan's room, the oriental floor runner down the hall felt funny—almost squishy. The closer to our room, the worse it got. And by the time we stood in front of our door, the water was visibly oozing out of the rug as we stood. There was water puddling on the hardwood floor in front of the door to my new room.

Dave headed downstairs to the front desk, came back with the clerk in tow, and a room key in hand. He opened the door, and we all heard the sound as the door displaced standing water.

Like most older homes, the floors aren't perfectly level, especially on 2nd floor rooms, which show the result of a house settling over the years. In this case, water from the bathroom had filled up the guest room, with the slope of the room contributing to several inches of water next to the bed and nightstand on the outside wall.

“Oh my god, the hardwoods are gonna be ruined! The furniture! I'll call a plumber and then get someone out to clean it up as soon as possible! But, this is the only room that's open, sir, so looks like you're gonna hafta keep bunking with your buddy—or we'll hafta get you to another hotel away from your friends, sir.” The clerk is looking at me for instruction on how to proceed.

Dave would never allow me to go separately to another hotel. And it'd be unlikely that Jonathan and Greg would end up next door as the Bureau required. “Ok, we'll stay where we're at—Dave will just hafta put up with my snoring till it's fixed, so for the sake of his health, I hope it moves quickly!” I chuckled, and Jonathan and Greg grinned, while Dave had a look of relief on his face.

Went inside our rooms, I peeled off the shirt, announced I was taking a shower to get rid of the chlorine from the pool, and headed in with a pair of fresh boxers. Came out a few minutes later, cleaner, and Dave gasped.

“You look like a lobster!” He was right, My shoulders and chest looked like a red Solo cup. Tops of my thighs, too. And they were already stinging and hot to the touch. Guess my sleep time in the sun was longer than I thought.

Dave called the front desk, pulled on a shirt, and headed out. Back in a few minutes with some lotion. “This has a numbing agent, plus moisturizers to help cool the skin.” He stepped away, came back with a glass and put a couple of pills in my hand. “Aspirin to help ease the discomfort. Take 'em now.” I did. “Now, I'm gonna put this stuff on ya, you're gonna lie down, and maybe nap. No arguments.” Dave was definitely in charge.

Dave rubbed me down, combining the soothing lotion with the feel of his strong hands in what could have been one of the best massages of my life. Firm hands working me over, especially the kinks I didn't know I had in the shoulders. By the time he'd finished, I was definitely ready to nap.

Dave pulled back the sheet, made me get in and pull the sheet up over me. “You're gonna get chilled between the sunburn and the air conditioning. You stay there. I'm gonna get cleaned up.”

When I woke up, the light outside was fading. Dave was propped up with a bunch of pillows under his back, reading something on his iPad. He scooted down on top of the covers next to me. “How ya feeling?”

“I'm ok, just didn't realize I was that tired. Really didn't expect to nap. What time is it?”

“It's almost 6. That much sun will take it out of ya. Figured we'd get dressed, grab some dinner, then relax back here. Really don't figure you'll be in the mood for much else, am I right?”

“You're right, cowboy. So how come you aren't burned?”

“I got up, went inside to grab drinks, and really didn't nap out for long, so just didn't get your exposure. I'll call the guys, how about dinner at 6:30 or 7. I've already cleaned up, so just need to pull on some clothes”. Hadn't realized Dave was lying next to me in his underwear. He grabs the phone off the nightstand, sets up dinner at 7 with the guys, and goes to the closet. He snatches a hawaiian print shirt out, throws it and a pair of cargo shorts to me.

“You'll be comfortable in those, no constricting clothing on your chest or legs.” He's right of course.

Met the guys in the lobby, headed out to a great “home cooking” restaurant. Hadn't had chicken fried steak in a while—it's a real comfort food of mine—and really enjoyed the meal. All the other guys did too.

Driving back, Greg whipped into a convenience store, Dave ran in, came out in a couple of minutes. He reached in the bag and pulled out a bottle of vinegar. “Ta-DA! This will cut the burn and turn that damn near tan overnight, Barry. You'll just smell like a salad, but it's a minor price to pay.”

Back in the room, stripped down to our underwear, Dave rubs me down again, this time with vinegar. “It's got a molecule that goes through the top layer of skin, same molecule used to tan leather, you're gonna feel lots better tomorrow.”

Got in bed, lights out, repeat of last night, both of us on our side of the bed on our backs.

In a low voice, Dave asks, “ok, buddy, tell the truth—you WERE jealous of that guy today, weren't ya?”

Long pause. The truth's the best response here. “Yeah, I guess I was. You're all I've got in this new world, Dave, and I don't know that guy. Guess I'm just a little insecure right now.”

Dave reaches over, finds my hand, grabs it, squeezes it. “I've got ya on this, Barry. I'm not going anywhere.”

Sleep comes quickly.

Thanks for sticking with the story--there's plenty more excitement ahead!
I'll be publishing every 5 days or so up unti Christmas week, when I'll be away from GA with family obligations for a week or so. Check back regularily for new chapters!
Thank you for your likes and comments! I appreciate your feedback more than you can know!
Copyright © 2015 Robert Rex; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 37
  • Love 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 12/11/2014 12:26 AM, Ben Highlander said:
The whole straight guy falls in love with a man is almost my favourite theme, if not my favourite. Loving this.
Glad you're enjoying the story, Ben! But just wait....lots more happening ahead.

Thanks for following the story so far!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I can't believe that I forgot to review this chapter...it is such a good one. I must have got distracted. The masturbation scene was awkward and hilarious. I felt their pain lol. Even better was the pool scene where Barry has to face how much Dave has come to mean to him...and not just as his handler. This brilliantly written scene shows Barry that he has a lot more to think about and figure out. Admitting later, in bed, that he WAS jealous lets me know that Barry faces life head on...and Dave's response was just what Barry needed to hear. Another well done job in the progression of this captivating story...cheers...Gary

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Another completely captivating chapter! I am especially enjoying how you are slowly and relentlessly teasing us with the mating dance between Dave and Barry.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
On 01/01/2015 10:55 AM, charlieocho said:
Another completely captivating chapter! I am especially enjoying how you are slowly and relentlessly teasing us with the mating dance between Dave and Barry.
No tease here--I'm just reporting the developments as they occur!

Besides, you're loving it!

Thanks for the review!

  • Haha 2
Link to comment

Hmm, not impressed with letting Barry get sunburned. But hopefully it will turn into a normal tan before the trial. And it does constitute a good excuse to stay inside and for David to touch Barry. He must be in an agony of hope for his feelings to be returned, but it's difficult to have a relationship when things are so unequal. Barry is completely dependent on Dave.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 03/18/2015 01:43 PM, flamingo136 said:
Just a quick acknowledgement..........LOVE THIS STORY..........On to chapter 6 :) Mike
Damn! You're zippety-do-dahing through this story! I'm gonna hafta write faster!

Seriously...glad you're enjoying it...means a lot!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I'd like someone in my life. Too bad Dave's taken, or about to be. 😉 Your characters are very personable and engaging. I am really getting to know and like them! Thanks.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 1/9/2018 at 1:07 PM, JeffreyL said:

I'd like someone in my life. Too bad Dave's taken, or about to be. 😉 Your characters are very personable and engaging. I am really getting to know and like them! Thanks.

Ditto

Link to comment
On 1/9/2018 at 11:07 PM, JeffreyL said:

I'd like someone in my life. Too bad Dave's taken, or about to be. 😉 Your characters are very personable and engaging. I am really getting to know and like them! Thanks.

That's how I feel too. Getting to know and like these guys. 

Link to comment

Haven't had vinegar for suntan since I was a kid. A thing my mom used to do. 👍 

Really enjoying the story.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..