Jump to content
    Robert Rex
  • Author
  • 4,156 Words
  • 4,669 Views
  • 22 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Landfall - 21. Bring it on!

Lots happening in this chapter! Life is about to change dramatically for Dave and Barry, and this chapter wraps up the old and starts the new. Dave In Charge (DIC) comes out to play.
Definitely adult situations here.

“Ok, we're ready. Call him, set up a meeting, let's get this done.”

We'd been up for several hours, now by the pool, made notes on the notepad of items to review/negotiate with Sid. Dave had added a few things, both in terms of negotiation items as well as questions about his move. We'd agreed that I had far more negotiating experience, and since the Bureau wanted me, had more bargaining power. Dave makes the call, sets up a noon meeting.

Sid arrives promptly. Dave's picked up sandwiches and we start talking as we eat lunch.

“Sid, Dave and I have talked it over, and if we can reach agreement on some of the issues we've got, we're going to New Orleans.” Sid smiles, apparently pleased with our decision as he pulls two folders from the portfolio case he brought with him.

“Before I go over the New Orleans file, let's hear about your issues, Barry.” Dave nods and smiles at me, then sits and listens as I review the items we covered.

Either Sid is a shitty negotiator—doubtful—or the Bureau really wants me in New Orleans. He agreed to everything we asked for, from full relo expenses for Dave to some leave time for Dave to settle into whatever house we end up buying. Even agreed to pick up the accounting costs of the bar, and tax reporting expenses, plus all the licensing and insurance costs. All that above and beyond any Bureau buy-in costs (40% of purchase price and bar transfers fully to me after 3 years) or the monthly stipend they'd pay me for the next 3 years.

“How are you handling having negotiations going on with an unnamed purchaser, Sid?” Sid grins, surprised that I'd thought of that, I guess.

“Barry, we've got a real estate agent there we're working with. Got a confidentiality agreement signed with a 'buyer non-disclosure' clause in it, using a front man posing as an assistant for an international business man. He's been the point of contact during our negotiations so far. You'll form a limited liability corporation to take ownership of the bar and run the business. That'll keep your name out of it, as well as any Bureau involvement.”

“Ok, then other than purchase price, which we'll figure out after we finalize the acquisition costs, let's find out about this place, Sid.”

“Ok, guys, here's the info about the town and the bar.” Dave immediately grabs the section that covers the town—demographics, map, major attractions courtesy of the local Chamber of Commerce. I grab the bar info, including pics, abbreviated financials, and the flyer the real estate agent had prepared. Both of us going over the packets we'd selected.

“What's the current offer price on the bar, Sid?” I pointed to the real estate flyer, with the asking price. Sid didn't know the current offer—the listing Realtor had to keep that confidential to maintain a fair position for his client. “Our real estate agent there, a Robert Rex, seems to think the other buyer's offer is low, but knows the owners of the bar, and knows they're really wanting to sell, so if we come up with something halfway decent in terms of price, he thinks they'll accept it.”

“Ok, let's do this Sid: Let's offer 'em a price that's fair and realistic. The bar is overpriced based on the financials and monthly cash flow. I'm betting they already have a 'real' purchase price in mind. We can speed up the process if we quit dicking around with petty negotiations over a couple of thousand dollars here and there. Let's make a good offer, cut to the chase, and get a deal done quickly.”

Dave's been silent the whole time, and nods agreement at my approach.

I mention a figure, then tell Sid, “Tell our agent that offer is valid until noon Monday. We'll get the current fixtures, equipment, and liquor inventory. It'll be a cash transaction, and we can close as soon as the title work is complete. I've got enough to cover the purchase price, the Bureau can reimburse their share after closing.”

Sid nods agreement while Dave's eyebrows shoot up to his hairline in surprise. He gives a bewildered look, but quickly hides it.

“One more thing, Barry—you're gonna need this.” Sid passes over a folder with a large sealed envelope in it, my name on it.

Open it up, inside is a neatly typed list of account numbers, balances as of Thursday before Sid flew in yesterday, and a Chase checkbook, imprinted with my name, and the address of the bed and breakfast. There's also the contact name of the car dealer for the vehicle they're buying for me, along with the purchase allowance we'd agreed upon. Also inside are a new social security card, new Louisiana driver's license, new passport, a Chase ATM/debit card, and a black American Express Card, complete with a fake “member since” date.

All the ID's and the Chase card have a remarkable image of me on 'em, looks like a photograph, but recognize it as a computer-enhanced image of the plastic surgeon's projection of my face.

“All those accounts are active as of yesterday, Barry. You have full access to your funds as needed. And there's no limit on the American Express card, plus you get member rewards.” Sid grins.

“Pretty confident that I'd accept New Orleans, weren't ya, Sid?”

“I came prepared. Got another folder with the same stuff, except for Billings. Yeah, I was a Boy Scout.” Sid chuckles.

“Ok, if there's nothing else, I'll call Rex, and get our offer rolling.” Sid stands to leave, I reach to shake his hand.

“Thanks for all your help on this, Sid. I appreciate it, and don't know if I've ever said it.”

Sid just smiles as we shake. “Glad to do it, Barry. You've made a real difference so far, and there's more to come. We thank you.”

Dave shakes Sid's hand, too. “Thank you for all of this.” Dave's quieter, more reserved; can't read him at all.

“Sid, before you go, we're going out tonight with Jonathan and Greg for dinner, then drinks and dancing. You wanna join us?” Dave cuts his eyes quickly to me, then looks back at Sid after I'd extended the invitation.

“Sure! Beats sitting in the room or finding a bar on my own.” Sid's smiling, pleased to be included. “Give a call later after you get the plans finalized. I'm going back to my hotel, maybe nap by the pool.”

Dave's phone rings as Sid walks away. “This is David.”

A few minutes of chat, a few questions and “uh-huhs” from Dave and the call ends.

“That was my buddy in the Chicago office. Same thing as the others; very closed-mouthed on New Orleans. He did say that it was really big, that whatever's going on is gonna change all the rules.”

Hmm. This may be a bigger thing than Sid ever let on. And Dave is obviously thinking about it, and the challenges ahead.

“While you've got the phone out, go ahead and call Jonathan and Greg. Let's set something up for tonight.”

“I will; just wish you hadn't invited Sid. Think we'd all relax a little more without him there, and I'm still not totally convinced this isn't a setup, Barry.” So that explains his subdued response to Sid earlier.

“And what was that look when we were talking about the bar deal? You really looked funny when we were talking money.”

“Yeah, I was caught off guard by that. Knew you had some cash, just had forgotten how much. We're gonna hafta talk about money at some point as a couple. I'm not nearly at the same level as you—and I'm not gonna let money get in the way of our relationship.” Dave's looking serious, obviously concerned about this.

“Look, Dave, money isn't going to get in the way of us. We'll definitely talk about it, but it's just another tool to get us where we need to go. Do this: look over these accounts, you'll see exactly what I've got. Then, can we talk about this once we get to New Orleans?”

“Sure—but understand this is a big issue with me. And it's not going away.” He looks over the list of accounts, and lets out a low whistle.

“Damn, just didn't really click with me—my Bulldog is rich!” He grins, but it's pretty flat.

Stand and kiss my big lawman lug. “No, the money issue isn't going away, but it's not gonna slow us down, either. Don't worry—we've worked through lots of stuff, this is just another work-around.”

“Ok, Bulldog, I'll trust ya on this.” Dave smiles a genuine smile, and calls the guys for dinner plans tonight. Gets that finalized, calls and leaves a message for Sid with the dinner location.

The rest of the afternoon is spent shirtless by the pool. Got cleaned up, met the guys at a small Italian restaurant, Sid joins us as the appetizers are delivered. He's dressed in navy shorts, sandals, Izod-type shirt, every bit as casual as the rest of us.

Dinner is surprisingly relaxed, conversation flows, Dave is far more relaxed around Sid than I'd expected. And Sid is a natural conversationalist, throwing out interesting tidbits during the free-for-all climate, and cracking one-liners with the best of us.

Paid the tab with my new American Express card. Remarkably liberating to have that kind of control—haven't had that in the 3 months since all this started. Walking to our cars, we figure out the next stop is one the gay dance bars we visited a couple of months ago. Yeah it was the same bar Dave and I danced and kissed at.

Sid enthusiastically agrees to join us. Really couldn't envision the Assistant Director of the FBI enjoying himself—but he did, and had some good moves on the dance floor. Bought rounds of drinks, danced with us all at one point or another. Totally comfortable with the bar.

“Surprised at how relaxed you are in a gay bar, Sid. Lots of straight guys wouldn't be as laid-back,” I'd commented while everyone else was out dancing.

“No problem here, Barry. My brother is gay, and he and his partner have taken me out lots of times with them and their friends. After my wife died, he and his buddies were responsible for pulling me out of the funk I was in. Never had a problem with gays in the Bureau, either. I've had to fight for some of 'em—lots of the other agents originally had a problem with gays on the force—but now that they've been around and seen that it's all about the job, we've had very, very few issues.”

So that's why he's cool with Dave, and Jonathan and Greg.

After a full night out, with plenty to drink, we're all hot, sweaty, and a little buzzed from the alcohol. Break up after hugs all around—including to/from Sid—and head back to our places.

Quick shower for both Dave and me, and we both crash and burn in the sack. Relaxed and out of it enough, woke up the next morn to the nightstand light still on. Nice to relax to that level; maybe getting things settled for New Orleans and the new life ahead has really taken away a lot of stress.

Wake up on Sunday morn, Dave's already gone. Out for a run, I guess. His phone rings, but hear it in the shower, and tell him about it when he gets back in.

I'm naked, shaving; Dave hands the phone to me, shirtless and barefoot in just running shorts, still sweating from his run. “It's Sid.”

“Mornin', Sid. Glad ya survived the night. What's going on?” I stop shaving, swipe away some of the shave crèam that's on the edge of the phone from that half of my face that's unshaven.

“Our agent just called, Barry. You just bought a bar! Congratulations!”

“Damn, that was fast, Sid. Really didn't expect a response that quickly. They were obviously ready to sell and liked our offer. So what's the next step for us?”

“Barry, think you need to get to New Orleans, meet with our Realtor there and give him a check for the earnest money deposit, look over the place, start getting familiar with the area. You'll have a few days before closing to get settled into temporary housing, get a car, et cetera. I'm already booked to fly back to D.C. later this afternoon. You and Dave take the Bureau plane, fly in tomorrow morning, and get this process underway.”

“Ok, we'll get packed tonight,” Dave nods as I'm talking, “and we'll head out tomorrow. Again, thanks for all your help on this, Sid. Really looking forward to the next phase of all this.”

That last part wasn't a lie. Feeling like I've got a direction/purpose, and feeling physically and emotionally better than I have in ages. This'll be a completely fresh start for me. And for Dave and me.

“So, Mr. Bar Owner, you're back in business again. How's that feeling?” Dave grins as he leans in for a kiss—not just a chaste one, either. Full-blown, hot passion, tongues dueling, makes me breathless. He pulls away from the kiss, shave cream smeared along the jaw line of his face.

“Feels great, Dave. And you've got shave crèam....” I wipe away the crèam with my fingertips.

“Fuck it—we're celebrating.” Dave In Charge comes out to play, starts nibbling along my freshly shaved jaw, his lips and tongue leaving fire along the sensitive skin. Laps at my earlobe, working his tongue and mouth along my neck until he gets to that sensitive spot between my neck and shoulders. I'm so excited from his intense focus I'm shaking, weak at the knees.

He's sucking and lightly chewing on my neck—hell, he'll leave a mark, and I don't give a shit. One hand is playing with my hard dick, and massaging my balls, the other is lightly pinching and twisting my left nipple. His mouth moves south, and starts giving the other nipple some attention with licking, sucking, light bites.

Fuck, who knew my tits would be that sensitive—and such a turn on for me?

Reach around, grab his ass through the shorts, a cheek in each hand. Rock solid muscle—the running pays off. I start moving my hands around, shove the shorts down as far as I can reach, and they hit the floor. Dave's standing in a jockstrap that frames his furry butt, and gives me an obvious target for my hands. The feel of his fur as I drag my hands across the skin is phenominal.

Dave moves his mouth over, gives the other nip the same attention before heading further down. I'm braced against the countertop of the lavatory as Dave drops to his knees and engulfs my cock in a blast furnace of heat. I'm matching the moans Dave is producing. All it takes is a few pumps of his mouth, and I'm there—ready to cum.

Dave stops, knowing I'm damn close, comes up for a kiss. “Not yet,” he whispers, “we're doing more.” He grabs a towel, wipes the rest of the shave crèam off, leads me to the bedroom.

“I've wanted to do this ever since we became a couple,” Dave growls, his roaming hands only emphasize his desire. Another hot kiss as he rests his sweat-slick body on mine, his chest hair scrubbing mine. I wrestle with his jock, strugging to get it off him as I'm pinned underneath his bulky body.

I'm naked, he should be too.

He quickly moves down, knocks my legs apart and kneels between 'em, sucking my erection all the way down, then agonizingly slowly slides back up to the tip.

He reaches over to the nightstand, opens the drawer, and pulls out a bottle of lube.

How'd I never see that before?

He flips open the lid, drizzles the goo on my dick, then moves up to kiss me while he's stroking me to the hardest I may have ever been. Breaks the kiss, and I'm gasping for the energy as he kicks the jock the rest of the way off.

I'm lying inert to gather some strength, Dave puts one knee, then the other, on either side of my ribs. Reaches underneath his butt to grab my cock, and point it straight up.

He's not gonna...I'm about to...ohmyGod he's gonna....

The head of my dick goes into a seemingly hot Saran Wrap sleeve two sizes too small. Dave winces, pauses, throws his head back, and lets out a soft moan.

Too good. It's been soooo long,” he pants as he stops mid-air, getting used to me. Seconds later, he's doing a slow slide down my length as his eyes glaze. He's obviously loving this—his cock is straight out, bobbing midair leaking precum on my belly.

He's now sitting on me, not moving, a look on his face like nothing I've seen—and eyes lasered in on me. He wipes the sweat off his forehead, then leans in for a kiss with me still embedded inside him. He sits back up after seconds, minutes, hours--who knows how long—squirms a little, then winces.

Dave, you ok?” A flash of discomfort had flashed across his face.

Yeah, I'm good. Nah, great, actually. Just haven't done this in years. Lemme get used to you.” He sits quietly, then flexes the muscles in his ass, squeezing my cock down to, apparently, pencil size. A velvet vise.

Damn, is that incredible or what?!?!

Never had anyone in years I've wanted to do this with. And, just so you know, I was tested the week before we met as well as when I was in the hospital, and I know your STD-free from the bloodwork they did before your face work. Really wanted to feel you inside....”

Dave starts a gentle up and down motion with his thighs flexing, and a hand pushing himself up and down, slow movements at first, then longer more rapid ones. My hips have developed a mind of their own, and they're pumping up and down, pushing me deeper into him then almost pulling me all the way out.

He settles back down on me, then leans in for a kiss, my hips continuing to lever my cock in and out of him. “God, I love you.” He kisses me again after his declaration, my rhythm continuing, as he plays with my nipples during another kiss.

He's making me feel fucking incredible—never fucked an ass before, so this a totally new feeling; tight, hot, slick. Really wanna make him feel as good as he's doing me, so reach up and start playing with one of his nipples, while using my other hand to stroke along his side, play with his furry chest, or cup that muscled butt.

Dave sits back up, resting for a moment, while my hips continue their attempt to drive me deeper into him. I'm squeezing his balls lightly, throwing in an occasional tug on 'em while the other hand continues to play with his nipple. He twists his head from side to side, eyes closed, lost in pleasure. He opens his eyes, looks down, smiles, “Let's see how you like this.”

He goes back to the up and down motion, but at the height of his cycle, he squeezes his ass around my cock, then relaxes as he slides down. Up, squeeze, down. Up, squeeze, down. Up, squeeze, down. Up, squeeze, ….

Holy shit, I'm there.

God damn, I'm gonna cum, oh fuck....” My cock is pulsing in his ass even as I announce it.

Dave is jacking his cock furiously as he continues his up and down moves during my orgasm. I knock his hand away, and stroke him just as fast as he was doing.

I've got this, Dave.” His slick cock goes iron-bar hard, and starts shooting a load of cum just moments behind the start of my own orgasm. Dave gasps, and proceeds to flood my chest and belly with his seed. He stops his up/down movements, settling down to keep me in place, leans forward and kisses me a kiss so hot I hope it never ends.

He squirms a little, maintaining the kiss, and I slip out of him. He rolls off next to me, cuddled up in the crook of my shoulder and arm.

Wow. That was incredible. Never felt anything like that—ever. Damn, Dave.... I love you.” For once, I needed a word stronger than love.

Is there a word stronger than love?

Thanks for letting me do that Barry. I've wanted to for so long, and it just seemed the timing was right. Did you...?”

Of course I loved it! How can I fight a feeling like that with the guy I love? Hell, you may have to teach me how you did that; you certainly enjoyed it.” I grin as I play with his semen smeared across my chest and belly left over from when we were pressed together from our embrace, and now drying. “And God knows I loved it.”

We lay together for a few minutes, soaking up the good feelings, both of us almost drifting off for a noon nap.

Come on, Barry, we need to shower, and get cleaned up for brunch.”

I'm perfectly happy to stay here; fuck the brunch.” Hell, not certain I can move from the bed, much less get presentable and go eat. But it hits me—this is the last night in the bed and breakfast. A new world is ahead, leaving this one behind.

Ok, let's go, Dave. I wanna get cleaned up, then go out shopping. I really wanna get a small going-away present for Jonathan and Greg. Can't leave without saying goodbye to 'em tonight.” I manage to sit on the side of the bed for a minute after kissing Dave again, then head for another shower. Dave joins me.

You know that line about how middle-aged guys are “one-shot ponies”? Proved that wrong in the shower with Dave.

After getting cleaned up, went out and found the gift I wanted for the guys. Loaded it in the back of the Suburban, then Dave and I drove over to the guy's townhouse around 6 or so. Both of us dressed in shorts, t-shirts, flip flops. We knocked on the door, our presence a surprise.

Greg answers the door in a pair of board shorts, no shirt, barefoot—they'd been on the beach, I could smell the suntan lotion. “Dave! Barry! What gets you guys here? Come on in!” He yells upstairs for Jonathan, who comes bounding downstairs, also bare chested, also in board shorts.

What gets you guys here? Everything ok?” Jonathan's face flashes immediate concern.

I'm leaving tomorrow morning, guys; the rest of the Plan is underway. I couldn't go without saying goodbye. You guys showed me so much. You saved my life, in so many ways. 'Thank you' just can't say it all.” With no warning, tears roll down my cheeks. “I owe you both so much; I'll never forget you.”

Greg is crying now, too, Jonathan is sniffling. They grab me on either side, pull me in for a hug. Kiss 'em each on the cheek. Dave joins the hug, we're all hanging in close.

Breaking away, clearing my throat, I look at 'em, now with their arms thrown over the shoulders of their partner. Young. Good-looking guys. Deeply in love and secure in their skins. “I've got a small gift for ya in the truck. Dave, come help me with it. Keep the door open, guys.” They look at each other with surprise, but nod agreement.

Dave and I unload the box, take it through the door and out on the deck. Sit the box down with the label turned out toward the ocean. Jonathan is rocking side to side from foot to foot. The curiosity is getting to him.

Thought you could use this instead of that,” waving generically toward the corner of the deck.

The guys crowded past me around the box. “A gas grill!” “Wow!” Yeah, think they'll love it, a big 4-burner stainless steel grill with side burner. Weather-proof cover, too.

Yeah, figured you'd enjoy it as much as ya did that half-rusted Kettle grill. Just use it, enjoy, and maybe every now and then, send good thoughts my way, ok?” Another round of hugs and sniffles.

Well, this is it, then...goodbye, guys.” I don't want to pull away.

Damn, this is too fucking hard.

Don't say 'good-bye', Barry. Just...'so long'.” Jonathan nods as Greg says the words.

A new life starts tomorrow.

Bring it on!

Thanks for following the story! Please do let me know how I'm doing with "likes" "follow this story" and above all--your comments.
The chapter is a little longer than usual, but it all needed to be told as a part of the story.
If you'd like to learn a little more about the new Realtor in the story, you can find it here under "Joe the Welder". There's more to him than just real estate!
Copyright © 2015 Robert Rex; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 43
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great lines, hot sex and sweet moments. Great chapter! So, Joe and Rex are getting new friends, that rocks!

Love the self promotion :lol:

  • Like 2
Link to comment

So Robert Rex is the brilliant and astute Realtor is he? :lol:

Barry and Dave are getting even closer as time goes on. They finally gave into that passion that has been simmering between them from the start and truly consummated their relationship. Very hot ;p I am sure when the time comes that Barry is going to be just as willing to give himself fully to Dave...he just seems like that kind of guy.

Barry is now the proud owner of a bar in New Orleans. Their new life is going to be beginning soon. I just hope that they are going to be able to work through their issues about money, before they become problems. I would hate to see something like money cause a rift between them. It was sad having them say goodbye to Greg and Jonathan, although I have a feeling we will see them again.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

:D:D

I just don't have words to tell you how happy I was to see this chapter today!

I love these guys, this little ad-hoc family! I'm so happy for Dave and Barry that they are going so slow with the physical part of their relationship. It started in such an unorthodox way, and there was no way to take the "getting to know you part" slowly. But I must say, that was HOT! (we need some flames)

I hope that DIC can get over his whatever about the money that Barry is bringing to their lives. It's not at all "who" he is. I'm glad that they took this option and can't wait to see what the future holds.

Thanks again for sharing them with us! :worship:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/12/2015 02:16 AM, Carlos Hazday said:
Great lines, hot sex and sweet moments. Great chapter! So, Joe and Rex are getting new friends, that rocks!

Love the self promotion :lol:

Glad ya liked the chapter, Carlos! And yeah, Joe and Rex are interesting enough characters, I couldn't leave 'em behind! Think you'll love their interactions...you know how Rex has his "spidey sense"....

Thanks for the comments!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/12/2015 02:35 AM, LitLover said:
So Robert Rex is the brilliant and astute Realtor is he? :lol:

Barry and Dave are getting even closer as time goes on. They finally gave into that passion that has been simmering between them from the start and truly consummated their relationship. Very hot ;p I am sure when the time comes that Barry is going to be just as willing to give himself fully to Dave...he just seems like that kind of guy.

Barry is now the proud owner of a bar in New Orleans. Their new life is going to be beginning soon. I just hope that they are going to be able to work through their issues about money, before they become problems. I would hate to see something like money cause a rift between them. It was sad having them say goodbye to Greg and Jonathan, although I have a feeling we will see them again.

Yup, Robert Rex IS a brilliant and astute Realtor...but understand he's focused more on attempts to write these days than selling.

It's been interesting to watch the relationship build between Barry and Dave. Dave has been patient, waiting on Barry to get his, uh....head together. Now that it has, it may be even more interesting.

The moeny issue is a gorilla for lots of couples, and can be magnified when there's a big disparity between the two. Nothing says that fiction can't deal with some realistic issues, right?

And you may be right about Greg and Jonathan. I really liked those guys, and wouldn't be surprised if they pop up again. ;)

Thanks for the comments!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/12/2015 03:03 AM, mollyhousemouse said:
:D:D

I just don't have words to tell you how happy I was to see this chapter today!

I love these guys, this little ad-hoc family! I'm so happy for Dave and Barry that they are going so slow with the physical part of their relationship. It started in such an unorthodox way, and there was no way to take the "getting to know you part" slowly. But I must say, that was HOT! (we need some flames)

I hope that DIC can get over his whatever about the money that Barry is bringing to their lives. It's not at all "who" he is. I'm glad that they took this option and can't wait to see what the future holds.

Thanks again for sharing them with us! :worship:

Glad you're enjoying the story, Molly! Yeah, they DO make a great little family, and it was tough to have Barry say "goodbye" to Jonathan and Greg. They've been family, and hopefully, they'll turn up again.

Glad ya found the sex scene hot--wanted it both hot and loving.

As I mentioned to LitLover (see below), money is an issue for lots of couples. Certain they'll work past it--they're facing it head-on--but it can still cause issues nonetheless. Both of 'em are mature guys, so I feel good about that.

Thanks for the comments--and for following along!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

All's well that ends well....and I guess we will just have to wait and see how NOLA works out. Great transition and of course the realtor could only be the famous Robert Rex!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Barry does seem ready for his next step. Wait until he actually has to run a bar!!!! Its not all fun and profit thats for sure. Dave definitely decided to take things to the next level too!!! My goodness, ride em cowboy. Great transitional chapter. We will see what's really happening in the Big Easy. :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/12/2015 05:23 AM, Daddydavek said:
All's well that ends well....and I guess we will just have to wait and see how NOLA works out. Great transition and of course the realtor could only be the famous Robert Rex!
The bar, and NOLA are going to be a real esperience for Barry!

And Rex may end up being more than just his Realtor.....

the next chapter will give some hints.

Thanks for the comments!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/12/2015 05:36 AM, Cole Matthews said:
Barry does seem ready for his next step. Wait until he actually has to run a bar!!!! Its not all fun and profit thats for sure. Dave definitely decided to take things to the next level too!!! My goodness, ride em cowboy. Great transitional chapter. We will see what's really happening in the Big Easy. :)
Cole, think you're right--Barry DOES seem ready for the next step. I can't help but think that a lot of it has to do with after having been "sitting around" for the last 3 months, he's finally got a purpose--and goals--in his personal life.

You're right, too, on the challenges of running a bar. Most of us only see the friendly bartender, not realizing the hours before and after that a bar consumes with it's operations, cleaning, balancing, restocking.

Dave certainly DID step up to the next level--in a big way. That wasn't lost of Barry; there's almost a sense of wonder while it's all going on.

I'm hoping the Big Easy really will be for the guys!

Thanks for the comments and following along!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Another pitch perfect chapter, Robert. The togetherness of the guys really comes through... I like the give and take of using each others strengths to their advantage. Dave is the kind of guy who'll get over the difference in their financials, I'm sure. He's too level headed to let that get in the way. Damn, the sex was hot! It was perfect timing too, as the are really starting their new life together. It was it's own perfect storm and Barry sure seemed to enjoy 'landfall' lol. I'm proud of you, Buddy. You have your own style and it's addictive... Extremely intuitive and well done... the story has been a steady and satisfying progression... Cheers... Gary

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/12/2015 07:35 AM, Headstall said:
Another pitch perfect chapter, Robert. The togetherness of the guys really comes through... I like the give and take of using each others strengths to their advantage. Dave is the kind of guy who'll get over the difference in their financials, I'm sure. He's too level headed to let that get in the way. Damn, the sex was hot! It was perfect timing too, as the are really starting their new life together. It was it's own perfect storm and Barry sure seemed to enjoy 'landfall' lol. I'm proud of you, Buddy. You have your own style and it's addictive... Extremely intuitive and well done... the story has been a steady and satisfying progression... Cheers... Gary
Thanks for the kind words, Gary!

Think you're right--Dave doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who's going to let things stand in his way--any more than Barry does. Both are remarkably stong, secure me.

The sex was hot--and interesting. Was it sex for the ending of the hiding phase in Florida? For the start of a new life...together?

NOLA is gonna be interesting...and there are definitely some surprises ahead!

Thanks for the comments, buddy!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Warm fuzzies, awesome. Nice to know that the boss wasn't such an arse(ass) after all. Thank you for another exciting chapter.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/12/2015 09:48 AM, Dathi said:
Warm fuzzies, awesome. Nice to know that the boss wasn't such an arse(ass) after all. Thank you for another exciting chapter.
Dathi, think what we saw of the Assistant Director is only the tip of the iceberb!

Glad you're enjoying the story--thank you for following, and your comments!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

So glad I got my internet back up, just so I could check for your update, first thing!!! This was such a feel good, amazing prelude to what is certain (their love) and what 'could' be in their future!! LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!! But you've gotta somehow bring the guys (Greg n Jon) onto the Nawlins scene... :rolleyes: And by the way, 'Rex the realtor'...very nice touch! Well, in case you can't tell.. :P this chapter...I kinda, sorta, liked a little..lol :2thumbs:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 03/13/2015 08:03 AM, Onim said:
So glad I got my internet back up, just so I could check for your update, first thing!!! This was such a feel good, amazing prelude to what is certain (their love) and what 'could' be in their future!! LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!! But you've gotta somehow bring the guys (Greg n Jon) onto the Nawlins scene... :rolleyes: And by the way, 'Rex the realtor'...very nice touch! Well, in case you can't tell.. :P this chapter...I kinda, sorta, liked a little..lol :2thumbs:
Glad ya like the chapter, Onim! Always nice when one chapter of life ends on a good note as the other one starts!

And yeah, it WAS tough to say goodbye to Jonathan and Greg. I'd love it, too, if they come back--they're great guys.

Thanks for the kind comments! Appreciate your following along!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Can't for the life of me think of a better choice for a Realtor than than Robert Rex........maybe he can show them available listings......lucky man !!!!!!!!!!!!! Very sensual :heart::heart::heart: Mike

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/23/2015 06:24 AM, flamingo136 said:
Can't for the life of me think of a better choice for a Realtor than than Robert Rex........maybe he can show them available listings......lucky man !!!!!!!!!!!!! Very sensual :heart::heart::heart: Mike
Think our Realtor's role is gonna be far more than just professional in the future--after all, his "spidey sense" got triggered--big time--on his introduction to Barry. We'll see.....

Glad you're sticking with the story!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Just one question, Frank is "dead" and all his assets are transferred to Barry - are his sons left high and dry - no parents, early twenties and no resources??
Query aside, i am lovin the story

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 07/02/2016 02:32 AM, Rndmrunner said:

Just one question, Frank is "dead" and all his assets are transferred to Barry - are his sons left high and dry - no parents, early twenties and no resources??

Query aside, i am lovin the story

Rndmrunner, so glad you found this tale, and are following it so closely--and better yet, enjoying it!

You're absolutely correct--Frank/Barry loves his boys too much to leave 'em high and dry. Early on, right after Jackie's death and his deal with the FBI, he made provisions for 'em to receive funds from banking accounts he had elsewhere from his old bank (offshore?), as well as stock/bond investments he'd done. They'd also end up with the proceeds from the sale of his home. So, they're pretty well fixed. (Maybe chapter 2? Chapter 3? I don't remember clearly.)

So very glad you're enjoying the story--there's more ahead, and you'll actually see Barry and Dave again in the new story underway, "Lion's Lair".

THANK YOU for reading along and the comments! Keep 'em coming!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

If you ever need a job you can ghost write sex scenes for other writers! Can't wait for New Orleans, and looking forward to seeing Rex again. Thanks.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..