Jump to content
    sacredlove
  • Author
  • 3,150 Words
  • 3,026 Views
  • 15 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Not made for each other - 8. Last surprise of the night

 

Chapter 8: Last surprise of the night

Zune


 

“Stuff the hottie in the BMW and let’s go,” Vicious Smile commanded the two guys who had clenched my arms as tightly as they could. All my efforts, my every scream, was doing nothing to help me get out of their clutches. I was worried about Edward, who was lying unconscious a few steps away from me. I wanted to reach out to him but those assholes were dragging me in the opposite direction, towards the BMW.

And then I heard the unmistakable sound of a cop’s siren. At that moment, it was music to my ears.

“Guys, let’s go. Cops are coming, come on,” Vicious Smile ordered the rest.

Six of them got into the Volvo and it raced out immediately. Now it was just the BMW there. There was only one guy inside it sitting in the driver’s seat. The two guys forcing me inside the BMW definitely were freaked out. This was my opportunity to escape and I had to utilize it at any cost. I kicked one guy in his crotch as firmly as I could and dug my teeth over Redhead’s right arm. The guy who suffered my kick was now on his knees, grabbing his hurt cock with both hands, moaning in pain, but the other bastard hadn’t yet loosened his grip on me.

“You bitch…aahhh…” Redhead cursed me in pain.

“Hurry up dicks,” the driver yelled from inside.

Redhead was still trying his best to coerce me in. There was no way I was going to make it easy for him.

My teeth were still embedded deeply in his arm. I blindly began hurling punch after punch on his disgusting face.

“Aaahh…you’ll pay for that you little slut, oh hell…” my victim again groaned in agony.

When he was sure that he couldn’t take me along, he ruthlessly grabbed me by my hair and threw me in the road. He hastily climbed into his vehicle, dragging the guy with wounded crotch with him, and they all fled away.

A few seconds later, I heard some voices. I tried to raise my head in the direction of voices but couldn’t; my head was hurting like hell. I winced and closed my eyes hard.

“Hey kiddo, are you okay? Can you hear me?” I heard a very calm and manly voice. The cops were finally here.

“My head, it’s hurting,” I responded motionlessly.

A moment later he cautiously lifted me in his arms. I slowly opened my eyes and raised my head a bit to see his face. He was around forty or even younger, and definitely a cop as he was in his uniform. He was looking at me intently as if wanted to ask something but he didn’t say anything. And then, thoughts of Edward crossed my mind.

“Edward, Edward, w…where is he? Is he okay?” I asked in a panic.

“He’s in the ambulance and don’t worry, he’ll be fine,” he assured me with a slight smile. He helped me get inside the ambulance. I guess I had a lot of things going through my mind and that’s why I had no idea when the ambulance arrived here.

Edward was lying on a stretcher. He was still unconscious. I, unsuccessfully, tried to wake him up many times. The cop who carried me inside sat beside me, along with two other attendants, and assured me throughout the ride to the hospital that he would be fine. My head was still aching badly and to add to my problems, it was bleeding too.

During the drive, the cop asked for our parents’ number. At first I gave him Becca’s number. He immediately called and informed her about Edward and I. He told her we were going to Lifeline Hospital and to meet us there. It was the same hospital where my mom’s a nurse, and tonight she was working the night shift. She would be there. I told the cop that my mom works there so there’s no need to call her. He nodded.

A few minutes later we arrived at the hospital. Edward was admitted instantly and I was sent to the Emergency Room so I could get my bleeding head bandaged up. The nurse put an adhesive bandage on my wound, and after examining me and getting assured that everything was fine with my vision and memory, she allowed me to go.

Two cops were waiting for me outside. The one who was with me in the ambulance was not with them. They wanted to take my statement but for that they needed my mom to be with me.

I immediately moved towards the reception area to inquire about my mom. The receptionist told me that my mom was in Operating Room and she would be free in approximately half an hour. I told the receptionist to tell my mom I was there and I asked her for Edward’s room number. I called Carol, and after telling her the necessary and brief details of what had happened, I went to Edward’s room. The cop who was with me in the ambulance was also there with the same two cops waiting for the doctor to find out about Edward’s situation. They asked me when my mom would get here and what her name was, but before I could answer, I heard a trembling voice.

“Zu… Zune,” I looked to my left to find Becca driving her wheelchair towards us with a worried face. With her was her domestic help, Sophia.

“Where’s Ed? What happened? Is he okay? Are you, are you okay?” she fired off question after question anxiously.

I calmed her down and told her briefly what had happened.

“He’ll be fine, right?” she asked with a scared voice and hopeful, teary eyes.

“He’ll be absolutely fine, Becca. Don’t worry.” I took her hands in mine and reassured her.

The cops asked her about Edward’s father. She told them that he was out of town because of a business meeting. Within a minute, doctor came out of Edward’s room.

“How’s my son?” Becca asked immediately, holding her breath.

“He’s fine. He just has a few minor injuries which will heal up in about two weeks. He is conscious now and if you want, you can take him home tomorrow morning; we want to keep him overnight for observation,” doctor informed us and left. Becca and I both sighed in relief. Sophia wheeled Becca in the room, right after the cop who was with me in the ambulance. The cop still needed to take Edward’s statement. The other two cops stayed outside with me.

“Zune, Zune.” I heard my mom’s frightened voice. She came racing towards me, “what happened to your head? Who, who did this? Did Kevin hurt you?” I could say she was scared, angry and pissed off like hell.

“Mom, mom, please calm down. I’m fine, and Kev didn’t…”

“Who did this Zune, please tell me now. I’m not going to leave that bastard alive!”

I calmed her down and promised her that I would tell her everything but first I needed to give my statement. I told the cops everything I knew which could prove useful to them in catching those assholes. They asked a few more questions and I answered them as honestly as I could.

“Okay, you may leave if you want. If we get any information about those guys, we’ll inform you. In that case, you’ll probably have to come down to the police station,” one of the cops mentioned in a professional way. I nodded and told them that I would prefer to be with Edward right now. Soon, they left without the cop who was taking Edward’s statement inside.

My mom was very worried for me.

“Does your head hurt too much? Are you feeling diz…” she stopped in mid-sentence abruptly as her eyes acknowledged the presence of the cop coming out of Edward’s room. She looked at him in complete disbelief and confusion.

“Mom? Mom?” I asked looking back and forth between them. The cop was also staring at her with the same expressions.

“Mom? Do you know him?”

I was still standing there with my questions unanswered.

“Mom? Mom? Would you please tell me what’s goin…” I couldn’t complete my question as my eyes fell on the nameplate attached to the cop’s left shirt pocket, revealing his name. It hadn’t caught my attention before. I didn’t need to ask anything; I had my all answers on that nameplate. ‘Matthew Rilens’, my…my father.

I couldn’t tear away my eyes from his name; I was staring at it unblinkingly.

“Zune.” It was Carol’s voice but I didn’t acknowledge her.

“Zune, are you okay? I got so scared when you called. You weren’t hurt badly, were you? I called Ron and Jake; they’ll be here any moment. Where’s Edward? How’s he? And where the hell is Kev?” I didn’t respond at all. I didn’t even look at her.

“Zune, will you please say something or am I invisible to you now?” She got the same response…no response.

“Zune, will you look at me and answer my questions for Christ’s sake instead gawping at Uncle Matt’s name like that?” As she said ‘Uncle Matt’, I stared at her with a surprised and unbelievable look.

“H…He’s your, your uncle?” I asked in a quavering but stern voice, creasing my eyebrows.

“Yeah, he’s my uncle,” Carol replied, “But…but what happened?”She asked in a bewildered tone.

“He’s the one who…who got custody of you after your parents?”

“Yes Zune, but w…”

“He’s the one you used to say was, ‘the nicest man on this earth’?”

“Yeah, but why are you asking all these…”

I never answered and agitatedly ran towards the nearest bathroom. I heard my mom’s voice calling my name behind me but I didn’t stop.

I had never been to Carol’s house. I had never met the person who had custody of one of my best friends. The only thing I knew about her uncle was she used to call him Uncle Matt and he’s a cop. How could I be so dumb, so oblivious?

After emptying my stomach and splashing cold water on my face at least a dozen times, I came out of the bathroom. My mom and Carol were waiting for me impatiently.

“Zune, are you okay?” they both asked in unison.

“Mom, I want to go home,” I pleaded in a tearful voice.

“Zune, you…”

“Mom, please, not now please, I just want to go home right now, please,” I requested again.

“Jenny, he needs rest; let me take him home,” Carol volunteered.

“No, no, it’s okay Carol, I’ll, I’ll get a cab,” I tried to turn down her offer.

“Stop arguing Zune. Do you really think after what had happened to you tonight I’d let you go home alone with a hurt head? I told you I’m taking you home,” Carol made it clear that I didn’t have any other option but I knew her; she would ask me innumerable questions during the ride and I didn’t think I had all the answers.

“I promise, I won’t ask anything on our way to your home,” Carol promised me, reading my mind.

Mom gently squeezed my right shoulder. I looked at her and nodded. I didn’t even give a look to my fath…Carol’s uncle, who hadn’t uttered a single word since my mom arrived.

My mom went to find the nurse who bandaged my head and she signed me out after warning me about concussions and its symptoms like if I start throwing up or slurring my words or not being able to see and experiencing any seizures etc. She also imposed some restrictions; no physical activity for awhile and of course, no sports. She brought me a wheelchair that I could be wheeled out in and I waited for Carol to bring her car around to the hospital doors.

Within a few minutes I left the hospital with Carol. She didn’t say anything, didn’t ask anything. I don’t think she ever had her mouth shut for such a long period of time before.

I was not thinking about anything; I was not able to think about anything during the car ride. I felt like this was a long, weird dream, which would be over at any moment. I couldn’t make myself believe that the day which began so perfectly, ended up like a horrible nightmare:

Joey kissed Kev, I ran away from the restaurant, reached a deserted place, was trapped among those thugs; Edward saved me, he kissed me, I kissed him back, those bastards came again, we ran off, two of them tried to hurt me, Edward saved me again; he really talked to me for the first time about Stephen, about his father, about his fears, about me, about him and the next thing I knew, we were friends, those assholes were there once again, beating up Edward enough make him unconscious, the same Edward who was just thinking about my safety instead of his own, they couldn’t get me with to go with them, thanks to those cops, and when I thought that this baleful day was finally over; that there was nothing that could surprise me and make this day worse, I found out that the cop who helped me was not only Carol’s uncle, but also my…my father. I was tired. Had all these things really happened in just one single day…within a few hours? Really?

Carol stopped the car which made me come out of my thoughts. We were outside my house and Kev was sitting on the front porch, probably, waiting for me. He looked at us and stood up instantly.

“Are you okay? Do you need me to come inside with you?” Carol asked in a concerned voice. I motioned my head in ‘no’ and climbed out of her car. She drove away after mouthing ‘take care, I’ll see you tomorrow’. I nodded and walked towards my house.

“Where were you? Do you have any idea how worried I was for you? I was searching for you like a maniac. I even tried to call Jenny but…but her phone was switched off. You didn’t even take your phone with you; you had left it on the table in the restaurant. You know I was…” he came running towards me and began giving me his ‘so-not-needed-explanation’.

“Kev, please, I don’t want to…”

“Zune, I know you are pissed off at me right now, you don’t want to talk to me, you don’t want to see my face but…”

“Kev, please, I said I…”

“…but please listen to me once, please. Whatever happened at Hoardle’s, whatever you saw, was not what you think. That dog, Joey…”

I had enough now.

“ENOUGH! Stop it, please stop it. Do you really think I’m worried about what happened between you and that bitch at Hoardle’s? Then I must inform you Mr. Kevin Samuel Ray, that this world doesn’t revolve around you. Please, come out of your dream.” I couldn’t control myself and started shouting like a lunatic.

“You don’t care why there’s a bandage on my head. You don’t want to know why Carol was with me. You just think about yourself; care about your feelings. How could you be so selfish?” I began carrying out my burgeoning anger and frustration on him.

“Zune, I…” he moved towards me to touch my wound worriedly but I swiftly stepped back.

“You have no idea what I have been through tonight. You don’t know where I was. You, you don’t care what could have happened tonight and what HAS happened tonight. The only one thing that you care about is yourself.” I continued raining my harsh comments on him in a rasping tone.

“It’s, it’s not true Zune, and you know that,” he protested sadly. His eyes were brimmed with tears just like mine.

“Whatever happened tonight is because of you and that personal whore of yours and now, PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE!” His hurt feelings and sad face were fueling my anger and irritation. I turned around, moved towards the front door and unlocked it.

“Zune, please tell me what happened? Please?” he begged. I turned around. Tears were flowing down his cheeks.

“What the hell do you want to know, huh? Do you want to know how it felt to see my boyfriend making out with his ex on our first date; the date on which I planned to take my relationship to the next level, or do you want to know how a few bastards harassed me and tried to rape me, or, do you want to know about Edward; the last guy that I thought would show up to help me, not only saved me more than once, but also fought for me and got so injured that he is in the hospital right now, or do you want to know how I met Carol’s uncle today who, unfortunately, also happens to be my, my asshole, coward father? Tell me Kev, tell me, what do you want to know? Tell me, tell…” I couldn’t say anything else. I broke down in tears. I was incapable of comprehending everything that happened today. It was all so surreal to me.

Kev’s expressions changed from sad to angry to surprise and then to shock but he didn’t said anything. He slowly came closer to me. I covered my wet face with my hands. He gently put his arms around me and embraced me affectionately. After protesting unconvincingly for few moments, I gave in and hugged him back, putting my head on his chest.

“I…I’m tired, very tired. I…I want to…sleep,” I muttered among my sobs.

He lifted me in his arms and took me inside; my head was still pressed against his chest. I closed my eyes. I heard him locking the door behind us. He took me to my bedroom and made me lie down on my bed. He took off my shoes.

“Your clothes are all wet. Here, let me help you take them off and get warm,” he suggested softly. Kev started taking my socks off, my jeans and my shirt. My boxers weren’t really wet, so he left them on. Then he covered me with my blanket and was about to leave when I opened my eyes and took his hand.

“Kev, please don’t leave me alone,” I pleaded in a whisper. He smiled slightly, kissed my forehead and climbed on the bed from other side and snuggled up with me, pressing his chest against my back. He kissed the back of my head and murmured ‘Good night, Zune’. I inhaled a deep breath and closed my eyes. The much needed sleep didn’t waste another minute to engulf me.

 

TBC.

 

 

Please tell me what do you think about this chapter. Thanks for reading:)
A very special thanks to Lisa for being my proof-reader.
Copyright © 2017 sacredlove; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Zune must feel like he's just been through a tornado. At least Kevin was there to

cuddle up our shock victim. Poor Zune, what an overload!

 

And then there's Uncle Matt, -who's his daddy!

I'd be inclined to stay in bed for a week.

Link to comment

'Last Surprise of the Night', very appropriate title for this chapter man. Carol's uncle is his father, I didn't see that coming at all. Poor Zune, I have no idea how would he deal with everything and how's Jenny gonna react to see her lover after such a long time. What turn, friendship between Carol and Zune would take? Lots of questions so you better update soon.

Very nice chapter mate. Keep it up.

Link to comment

Eish!!! What a day!! Carol's uncle is Zune's father? Why was he not in Zune's life if could take care of someone else's kid?

Great chapter! Waiting for more!

Link to comment

Jeez, as if Zune's day (night) couldn't get any worse. His father's been living there this whole time. I wonder if his mom knew his father was living in the same town when they moved there....just a thought.

 

And Kevin, wth????? He was driving around looking for Zune? Really now? Well then, why didn't he find him? He must not have been looking very hard. I'm still pissed at him. He really needs to explain himself to Zune and tell him exactly what happened between him and his ex, and apologize profusely to Zune before I will even think of redeeming him in my mind. lol So there! hahah

Link to comment
On 03/07/2013 06:19 AM, Stephen said:
Zune must feel like he's just been through a tornado. At least Kevin was there to

cuddle up our shock victim. Poor Zune, what an overload!

 

And then there's Uncle Matt, -who's his daddy!

I'd be inclined to stay in bed for a week.

Yeah you are right, Zune is a mess right now but conditions would be better for him in the next few chapters. He will tackle the situations as best as he could. But if Zune thinks he's been to a tornado then it's not over yet, there's a lot to come.

 

Thanks, Stephen, thank a lot for your review:)

Link to comment
On 03/07/2013 12:59 PM, silentdreamer said:
'Last Surprise of the Night', very appropriate title for this chapter man. Carol's uncle is his father, I didn't see that coming at all. Poor Zune, I have no idea how would he deal with everything and how's Jenny gonna react to see her lover after such a long time. What turn, friendship between Carol and Zune would take? Lots of questions so you better update soon.

Very nice chapter mate. Keep it up.

You will get your every answer in the next chapter which would be quite long in comparison of my previous chapters but I'll try to update soon.

 

I got your PM. I was literally on cloud nine. Thanks for your praising words and thanks a lot for your review:)

Link to comment
On 03/08/2013 12:24 AM, Gulab Jamun said:
Eish!!! What a day!! Carol's uncle is Zune's father? Why was he not in Zune's life if could take care of someone else's kid?

Great chapter! Waiting for more!

Hey GJ,

 

I know there's a lot of questions but don't worry next chapter would have every answer so just wait and watch...read I mean.

 

Thanks a lot for your review:)

Link to comment
On 03/11/2013 04:29 AM, Lisa said:
Jeez, as if Zune's day (night) couldn't get any worse. His father's been living there this whole time. I wonder if his mom knew his father was living in the same town when they moved there....just a thought.

 

And Kevin, wth????? He was driving around looking for Zune? Really now? Well then, why didn't he find him? He must not have been looking very hard. I'm still pissed at him. He really needs to explain himself to Zune and tell him exactly what happened between him and his ex, and apologize profusely to Zune before I will even think of redeeming him in my mind. lol So there! hahah

Hey Lisa,

 

Let me clarify that Zune's mom had no idea that Matthew lives in the same city they were going to shift, she was as shocked as Zune seeing him in front of them.

 

I guess you are royally pissed at poor Kev but don't worry he'll apologize to Zune in next chapter.

 

As usual thanks a lot for your review:)

Link to comment

I was feeling Zune's exhaustion by the end of this chapter. That was a lot of to happen in one night, he should have passed out somewhere between the crazy struggle and getting to the hospital. The rant at Kev was perfect, that scene was so emotional,...Kev totally deserved it. His excuses were very weak. Hard to compare him to Edward's heroic action.

Carol's uncle, I don't understand guys like him. Really, Zune had a really rough night here.

Link to comment
On 05/04/2013 04:52 AM, lilansui said:
I was feeling Zune's exhaustion by the end of this chapter. That was a lot of to happen in one night, he should have passed out somewhere between the crazy struggle and getting to the hospital. The rant at Kev was perfect, that scene was so emotional,...Kev totally deserved it. His excuses were very weak. Hard to compare him to Edward's heroic action.

Carol's uncle, I don't understand guys like him. Really, Zune had a really rough night here.

Well, Kev would try to apologize in a different way in next chapter (and I knew you have read it already, lol). About Carol's uncle, things gonna be difficult for a while for everyone.
Link to comment
On 02/02/2014 04:09 PM, joann414 said:
Poor Zune. he's got a lot on his plate. Hopefully, he can cope. I love your story!
Thank you, Joann for your review. Well, things are not easy for him in coming chapters. Keep reading:)
Link to comment

This is a very interesting twist. I guess Zune’s father became a better person yet never bothered to seek his son out. Of course there’s often more to the story and he’s only heard his mother’s side of it. Zune has a lot on his plate but he’s creating some of the drama himself like the lies he’s been telling Kevin. There’s a reason he’s lying but does he realize why he is? I suspect it is because deep down he is attracted to Edward and especially after that kiss he should tell Kevin what’s going on as even if nothing is happening it’ll look like he’s cheating if/when Kevin finds out he’s been lying about spending time with Edward. In the end I don’t think the kiss between Kevin & Joey was totally willing nor something Kevin initiated yet I have a feeling if he’s not careful Zune will cheat on him. He’s already given into one passionate moment with Edward who claims to be straight and likely has some confused emotions towards him after what they went through so in the future he’s likely on thin ice when it comes to self control when it comes to Edward.

Link to comment

Zune is definitley attracted to Edward but he's never gonna except that...not yet at least. Things won't sort out unless they, at least try, to be honest with themselves and I don't see that happening in near future.

Link to comment
On 8/4/2018 at 6:43 AM, NimirRaj said:

This is a very interesting twist. I guess Zune’s father became a better person yet never bothered to seek his son out. Of course there’s often more to the story and he’s only heard his mother’s side of it. Zune has a lot on his plate but he’s creating some of the drama himself like the lies he’s been telling Kevin. There’s a reason he’s lying but does he realize why he is? I suspect it is because deep down he is attracted to Edward and especially after that kiss he should tell Kevin what’s going on as even if nothing is happening it’ll look like he’s cheating if/when Kevin finds out he’s been lying about spending time with Edward. In the end I don’t think the kiss between Kevin & Joey was totally willing nor something Kevin initiated yet I have a feeling if he’s not careful Zune will cheat on him. He’s already given into one passionate moment with Edward who claims to be straight and likely has some confused emotions towards him after what they went through so in the future he’s likely on thin ice when it comes to self control when it comes to Edward.

Zune is definitley attracted to Edward but he's never gonna except that...not yet at least. Things won't sort out unless they, at least try, to be honest with themselves and I don't see that happening in near future.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..