Jump to content
    sacredlove
  • Author
  • 5,883 Words
  • 7,461 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Not made for each other - 1. Love at first sight

Not made for each other

Chapter 1: Love at first sight

Kevin


It was raining again when I arrived at the main gateway of my school. Every other day it rains here. It’s not like I hate rain or anything, but I am not in love with it either.

I hurriedly made my way through rainfall to the entrance of the main building; few feet away from the gateway. When I entered, I adjusted my dark brown hair and shuffled the bookbag from my left shoulder to the right one.

Greenvalley is not a big school. It’s a three story, white-painted building which holds around three hundred students. There are two corridors, one on the left and another on the right side as you enter the main building through a gallery. I made my way to the locker room to collect my books for my first class via the left corridor.

“Hey, Kev.” Someone yelled behind me. I knew the owner of this voice before I turned around. Meet Carol Lewis, the most garrulous person I know; she’s always grumbling, and unfortunately she’s my best friend…‘The Bitch’. Before I could say anything, she was standing before me with a grin on her face. She was much shorter than my height of six-three, and she was older than me by a month; she would be eighteen next month. She was skinny with light brown hair and blue eyes. “How are you fat ass?” she continued with a smirk on her face.

“I am NOT a fat ass.” I objected. She used to tease me like that since the first day of school, knowing full well that I had a slim and well-built body, and believe me I’m not boasting.

“Yes, you are.”

“No, I am NOT.”

“Yes, you are.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“Ah…let it be. I AM a fat ass, happy?” I accepted my defeat and started walking towards the locker room.

“That’s a good boy,” she said in a satisfying tone, as she followed me. “Now tell me, how was your vacation?”

“Damn boring.” I sighed, raising my eyebrows.

“Like you.” She commented nonchalantly. ‘Oh God, can’t she complete a sentence without insulting me?’

“Oh really, if I am soooo boring, then what are you doing with me ‘MISS INTERESTING’?” I asked sarcastically.

“Don’t have a better option, dumbass.” She grumbled making a face suggesting, ‘I-am-stuck-with-you’. Such a bitch, I hate her.

While pulling each other’s leg, we entered the locker room. There were not many students because we were quite early, as usual. We were heading towards our respective lockers when we noticed the biggest jerk in the world making someone’s life miserable. Meet Edward Woodsworth...arrogant, cheap, and the biggest homophobe I know. He hates homosexuals like they are terrorists or something. He always gives it his all to make their lives a living hell. When I got myself outed a year ago, he even tried to give me the same shit but didn’t succeed because physically there isn’t much difference between us. From that moment there was a truce between us; he doesn’t mess with me and I ignore his bullying... I hate him, nobody in this school likes him and that’s why he doesn’t have a single friend here.

“How dare you to come in front of me little FAG!” he yelled at Jake abhorrently, who was outed just the day before vacation was about to start. He was looking like a small kid in front of a giant like Edward.

“I…I was… just taking…books f-for my class.” Jake stammered. He was damn scared and shaking like he was about to pee in his pants. I wanted to smash that bastard’s face right then and there for torturing the poor guy like that, but I couldn’t get in the way of that moron’s bullying because of our fucking truce.

“How dare you to answer me bloody cocksucker!” He snarled with enormous hatred and anger, and without any warning punched Jake hard in his face. Jake fell on the ground covering his nose, which was bleeding now. “You fags deserve no better treatment than this. Sinners like you are corrupting this society. Today I’ll show you your actual place dickhead.” He cursed him with distaste and was about to kick his ass, but suddenly a voice startled everyone in the locker room including Edward and I.

“Stop it.” That voice had a strange kind of clarity. It was quite feminine yet commanding. When I (we) turned around, I saw a boy much smaller than me standing at the entrance of locker room. He was thin, with straight, black, silky hair, some falling over his beautiful and enigmatic dark green eyes. There was a strange spark in his eyes which I had never seen before on anyone. His face was calm yet determined. He was wearing a white t-shirt, (my favorite color), and tight blue jeans. He was looking beautiful, yes beautiful, not handsome. I don’t know why the word ‘beautiful’ popped in my mind instead of ‘handsome’, probably because of his eyes or his hair or his voice or…only God knows. I stood there agape, only able to look on. I hadn’t seen him before; he’s probably new here.

“Don’t you dare to hit him again,” he warned while hurriedly walking towards Jake. He helped him to stand up, getting his handkerchief out of the left pocket of his jeans, and putting it on his bleeding nose. He held it with his hand trying to stop the flow of blood. To make Jake stay still, he placed his other hand on Jake’s left shoulder. Everyone was astounded by the courage of my recent crush.

“Who the hell are you? Another faggot?” Edward asked with same hatred and anger.

“Mind your language you hooligan.” He responded narrowing his eyebrows.

‘I have to work on my vocabulary, hadn’t heard that word before, ‘hooligan’, what does it mean? I’m sure nothing respectable.’ I thought in my mind.

“How can you beat him like this, just because he is gay? How could you be so disgusting?” he asked him in a tone implying, ‘you-are-the-nastiest-piece-of-shit-on-this-earth’, still holding his hankie on Jake’s bleeding nose and now rubbing his back with other hand to calm him down.

“SHUT UP!!!!” Edward roared. “I don’t owe you any explanation little faggot! I’ll deal with you later. Let me first get his head out of his ass.” He said fiercely moving towards Jake to grab his collar. Jake was still sobbing by the new kid’s side.

“Enough,” my mystery boy warned while coming between Jake and Edward, “he is bleeding, leave him alone.”

“This fag deserves it and now I’m sure you too belong to his perverted community, so I guess you deserve the same treatment. I know you would try to deny that you are not one of….” Edward couldn’t complete his tirade as that green-eyed stunner, without any hesitation, admitted something which takes a lot of guts to assert publicly.

“I’m gay, and proud of it.” I really loved this piece of information. He announced his sexuality looking into Edward’s eyes and loudly enough so that everyone present in the locker room could hear him clearly. Honestly, even I don’t have the balls to accept being gay in front of everyone with such dignity. He was amazing.

“I’m not gonna deny that just because of you. You are nothing to me but just a loathful piece of shit who treats people so inhumanly. Don’t you think for a second that I’m scared of you because I-AM-NOT.” He avowed raising his left eyebrow.

“How dare you talk to me like this you little shit! Apologize RIGHT NOW unless….” he demanded, flaring his nostrils. It was clear that Edward’s ego was hurt…badly.

“Unless what? You will hit me? Of course yes, what else can you do? But let me make this very clear, you can’t make me apologize, Mr. Arrogant. Do whatever you can.”

Edward was out of his mind by now. My mystery guy had slapped him without even touching him. There was no way he was gonna leave him unhurt. Now he was proceeding towards him, giving him a death glare.

“You are a sinner who needs to get punished for his sins and I’m the one selected to do the honors.” He sputtered with a devilish expression on his face. He was still moving ahead menacingly and his to-be-victim was stepping backward to maintain the distance between them, but without any sign of fear on his angelic face.

“Who the hell are you to punish me? God? You are just a disgusting, truculent, inhuman, ill-mannered and spoiled brat of your wealthy parents who just forgot to make you learn some lessons on etiquette, manners and most importantly humanity.” My little boy stated in merely one breath.

He couldn’t move any further as his back was now pressing against the locker. He was still not scared, how could he be so calm when he knows that he’s gonna be unconscious in few seconds? ‘Oh God, I can’t let this happen…not to him. I have to help him.’

“ENOUGH!” Edward yelled like a mad man. He raised his fist in preparation of it colliding with the new boy’s face in an, ‘I’m-gonna-kill-you’ manner. But the guy standing next to him was still looking in his eyes without any hint of fear.

Before Edward could even touch him, I stopped his punch in midair with my right hand. I don’t know how and when I got there but thankfully I was on time. “Leave him.” These were my first two words to him in the past year. I took a glance at my mystery boy and stared into those beautiful, green eyes that were looking back at me in gratitude. We had been peering in to each other’s eyes for a few seconds, but it seemed like hours. But Edward, that son of a bitch, ruined that moment by giving me a punch on my left jaw. I was not ready for that as I was so mesmerized by the view my eyes were witnessing. I was still trying to process what happened when he raised his fist again to hit me.

“MR. WOODSWORTH.”

Edward’s punch stopped in midair for the second time. This was our principal’s voice and Carol was standing with him; she probably called him here. During all this I just forgot that there were others around besides Edward, my mystery boy and myself. When I looked around, I found more than half of the school was gathered around us.

“In my office, right now.” he commanded looking at Edward. “Mr. Ray, Mr. Mason and Mr. Williams, you guys go too,” He added, looking at me, Jake and his rescuer.

‘Okay, this means my boy’s last name is Williams, that’s cool.’ This little discovery made me smile even under the circumstances.

Jake was still bleeding, so he had to be first taken to the nurse’s office to be looked at, while Edward, my mystery boy and I headed towards the principal’s office. Once we were inside the office, he asked us what happened out there and we, (my mystery boy and I), told him everything. He listened to us very carefully. Jake came to the office after the nurse bandaged his cut and confirmed our statements. Edward was silent and staring down at the floor throughout the entire interrogation.

“Miss Lewis told me some of that earlier. Mr. Woodsworth, do you have to say anything in your defense?” Mr. Fitzgerald asked Edward but he didn’t react.

“Okay then, discrimination on the basis of sexuality is strictly prohibited in our school and I’m sure you are well aware of this fact, yet you did something so hateful. It’s not the first time you have been found guilty in such matters. I’m once again very disappointed with your behavior. You are so intelligent; always getting good grades, and still…I’m speechless. I have to call your parents but before I do I have to make one thing very clear to you. I am giving you this last chance Mr. Woodsworth, if you do something like this ever again, then I’ll expel you without any questioning or consideration. I hope you understand this. But for now, you are going to get detention for a week for your disgusting act.” He mentioned sternly.

“But sir….” Edward tried to protest, shifting his gaze from the floor to Mr. Fitzgerald.

“You should be grateful that I’m not expelling you right away Mr. Woodsworth.” Mr. Fitzgerald shrilled, frowning at him and then turned his gaze from Edward to Jake. “And Mr. Mason, if he creates any more difficulties for you, you know where to find me.” Jake nodded. Then he looked at my mystery boy. “I’m sorry Mr. Williams, this is your first day after your orientation and you had to go through all this.” He apologized genuinely.

“It’s okay, sir.” He responded with a small yet perfect smile.

“If you have any problems, please feel free to let me know. By the way, Mr. Ray is also in standard twelve and might be with you in some of your classes too, so I am sure he can help you to settle down in this new atmosphere.”

‘Wow, we are in same grade. I hope we do have as many classes as possible together.’ I celebrated for the former and prayed for the latter in my mind.

“I hope Mr. Ray doesn’t have any problems with that, right Mr. Ray?” He asked me in a, ‘don’t-you-dare-to say-no’, way.

‘I would be more than happy doing so sir, because I do have a huge crush on this green-eyed beauty’. I wish I could say that. “Of course not, sir.” I replied grinning.

“Okay, good then. Mr. Mason you have to stay here for a while and Mr. Ray and Mr. Williams need to be going because their classes will start soon.”

We were about to open the door to leave his office when Mr. Fitzgerald called my mystery boy, “Mr. Williams?”. We turned around.

“I appreciate your courage; the way you admitted your sexuality with such pride in front of the whole school; that really took a lot of guts.” He praised him.

“I was just being honest, sir.”

After listening to this I really started respecting this boy and I guess our principal was also.

“When I met you at the orientation, I sensed at that very moment how honest and true you are. This school is proud to have a student like you. Take care.” Mr. Fitzgerald praised him with a fatherly smile. Respect and pride for my mystery boy was clearly visible in his eyes. “Now go before you boys are late.”

We both nodded and left the principal’s office. I found Carol waiting for me. I know she was worried for me; we are best friends after all. She came towards us and hugged him…HUGGED HIM??? My mystery boy was stunned and uncomfortable for sure; he couldn’t even respond her hug.

“Hey, how are you? I guess you are new here and still you had to confront that shithead.” She asked him worriedly after releasing him from her grasp.

“Um…I…I’m fine..th-thanks.” He replied shrinking his eyebrows with a slight smile after composing himself.

“Wow, now that’s amazing. I’m the one who got punched, I’m the one who’s in the eyes of that homophobe after breaking off our so called truce, and you are asking HIM how he is?” I asked, glaring at her feeling somewhat offended.

“Yes, because he’s the one who helped Jake, he’s the one who was not scared and stood up against that bastard alone without thinking about himself once.” She countered back. “Now, will you please stop acting like a five year old?”

“Whatever.” I replied in absence of an appropriate answer, knowing full well that for a change she’s right.

During our conversation he was just looking back and forth between Carol and I.

“You guys are best friends, right?” he asked like he’s pretty sure that the answer would be a yes.

“Yeah we are, but how do you know that?” Carol asked before I could. She was a bit surprised like me.

“You guys are too obvious.” He shrugged.

“Are we?” she asked me with a questioning look.

“Don’t know.” I shrugged.

“You know nothing fat ass.”

“Stop calling me that.”

“No, I won’t.”

“Like I said, you guys are too obvious.” He said shaking his head. We both smiled.

“Nice observer, huh, unlike this dumbass.” She concluded and continued, “Let’s introduce ourselves then. It would be interesting to know you; at least you could be helpful with enduring Kev’s intolerable company.”

I gave her a disapproving look for insulting and cursing me AGAIN, (as if she was doing something new)...such a bitch, but she continued, completely ignoring me as usual.

“I’m Carol Lewis and this fat ass is Kevin Ray.” Carol introduced us and my attention diverted to my mystery boy. I was finally about to know his name.

“Nice to meet you guys. I’m Zune…Zune Williams.”

‘What a beautiful and unusual name...just like him.’ I thought.

“Unique name.” Before I could convert my thoughts into appropriate words, Carol was one step ahead of me and pointed out that fact.

“Like me.” He said raising his left eyebrow with the cutest smile.

‘Oh God, I’m falling badly for him. I hope the feeling is mutual. I never felt this way for anyone before. He’s irresistible. Everything about him is so fascinating and appealing; his eyes, his beautiful red lips… he is just perfect.’

“Hello Mr. Fat ass, back to earth.” Carol interrupted my train of thought and continued, “We have a class, I hope you know that, so please if we have your permission sir, let’s go to the locker room,” she said sarcastically with a fake smile. I gave her my ‘go-to-hell’ look and Zune chuckled as this whole situation was quite amusing to him.

The three of us headed towards locker room to grab our stuff. On our way Zune thanked us for helping him. Carol hugged him once again and told him that we would always be with him. I guess Carol really liked him, and let me tell you, it’s quite difficult to get on her good side.

When we reached the locker room, we discussed Zune’s class schedule and I realized that he had only one class with me; the same class that I shared with Carol. This is our first class of the day. He had three classes with Carol. ‘Just one class with my little angel...it’s unfair God’. I was jealous of Carol; that bitch has three classes with him.

After taking the necessary books we went to our classroom, where the gossips were at their peak after the morning’s incident. Everyone was curious to know about Zune Williams. Many of our classmates were amazed and happy the way my boy, (yes, my boy), taught that bastard a lesson, while some of them were looking disgusted knowing that he was gay and proud of his sexuality. Zune was unaffected by all this. He and Carol were chatting like childhood friends. He was looking divine. I was still admiring the subtle beauty seated between Carol and I, when our English Literature teacher, Ms. Bradshaw, entered the class. She introduced Zune to the whole class and shortly after that, she was ready to bore us with her full dedication to the subject. I survived the entire class by gazing at my little angel. When the bell finally rang, I was disappointed as I would not be with him in any of my other classes today.

After gathering our books, the three of us headed towards the locker room to get things for our next class. Zune’s locker was on the right side of mine. I was still lost in my locker getting the necessary books when I heard his soft and soothing voice.

“Okay Kevin, see you at lunch?”

“For sure.” I replied and again got lost in his eyes. He was also staring into my dark blue eyes, like he was waiting for me to say something. I was so fascinated by his emerald orbs, that I couldn’t utter a single word out of my mouth. He finally diverted his gaze to Carol, who was yelling his name and waiting for him at the entrance of the locker room as they had the next class together.

“Umm…I have to go…bye.” He waved.

“Yeah, bye.” I responded. Then he left and I kept staring him until he disappeared in the crowd.

During lunch Jake joined us to thank Zune for his help. The four of us talked a lot. We came to learn that Zune is living with his mother who’s a nurse, and they moved here a month ago. We also exchanged numbers. Jake, who never joined us before, was at ease around Zune. I would have been jealous if I hadn’t known that Jake is committed to Ron, who graduated from our school last year. Ron Sword was now working somewhere to so he could pay for his college and living expenses, as his parents kicked him out when he came out to them a year ago...poor guy, that reminds me that I’m damn lucky to have an understanding mother. When I came out to her she just hugged me and assured me that she loves me and always will. My father, he died from cancer when I was ten, but my mom has never let me feel his absence.

Whenever I had a chance, I spent the day scrutinizing my boy’s beautiful face, listening his calm voice, paying attention to his changing expressions and admiring his next to perfect smile. When he was around me, it felt like everything turned in to slow motion. Whenever my eyes fell on him, it felt like hundreds of violins were playing around me. Is it my first love? Well, I still have to find out.

Finally, when school was over, I headed towards the main entrance where Carol and Zune told me to meet them. During the entire day, whenever I saw him, he was with Carol. Seriously, these guys were making me feel left out. They were talking like they have known each other for years. I could see them, still chattering like twins. I moved further towards them and was hopeful that Carol would leave us alone for a while because I was planning to ask Zune out for a snack or light meal. I was somehow afraid to think of what I would do if he rejected me,, what if he is taken, what if he is not interested in me, what if I’m not good enough for him, what if...oh God, please help me.

“Do you want to go out together, like to eat something?” Zune asked hesitantly.

‘I hope I’m not dreaming, oh God I love you, I really do. Zune asked me all by himself if I would go out with him. Today’s the luckiest day of my life for sure.’

“I can understand if you don’t want to...actually mom will not be home before dinner time and I’m not in a mood to cook anything after going back to home.” He continued but not even a single word came out of my mouth. Instead of saying something, I was just staring into his deep eyes and drowning in my thoughts...AGAIN. ‘How could he be so beautiful? He doesn’t have any right to look so gorgeous.’

“Dumbass...return to earth, what’s with you? He asked you something.” Carol scowled, snapping the tips of her thumb and middle finger. I looked at her like I had just awakened from a dream. She assessed me with her piercing eyes for few moments and then continued “If you don’t want to accompany him, I will…”

“I will go.” She couldn’t even complete her sentence when I interrupted her with such eagerness that it earned me amused looks from both of them. “You don’t have to worry, I’ll go with him.” I assured her while composing myself and looking at my shoes as if they were the most interesting things in the whole world.

“OKAYYYY.” Carol said lifting her eyebrows and giving me a look that said, ‘you have to tell me a lot of things later’. She hugged us both and left.

Zune and I stood there for a minute or two, silently looking everywhere except at each other. It felt awkward. Then finally I asked him, “Where do you wanna go?”

He looked at me with the same magical smile. “I’m new here so wherever you want to take me.”

“Okay then, get ready for some amazing food.”

“I already am,” he responded enthusiastically.

We went to Hoardle’s. They serve the best pizza and hamburgers in the city. We got a table for two and I ordered two small hamburgers and two small pepperoni pizzas with extra cheese for the both of us. We ate in silence, stealing glances at each other every minute or so, followed by blushing smiles.

“Why are we so silent like we got detention or something?” I finally asked him eating my burger intently.

He looked at me, smiled some more and replied, “Because we don’t know how to start a conversation when we have a crush on the person sitting right in front of us,” and then he gave his full attention to his hamburger as if he’d said one of the most ordinary things.

I was taking a bite of my pizza when he replied, and I was thinking, ‘did he really said that?’ I was shocked, happily shocked. I put the pizza back on the plate and gulped down whatever piece of pizza was left in my mouth with the help of some water. We were quiet and we didn’t know what to say. He was just smiling and I was constantly looking at him.

“Cheese” He finally broke off the silence.

“Cheese?”

“There’s cheese on your….” He pointed with his finger towards the corner of my lips innocently.

“Oh.” That’s all I was I able to say...Carol was right; I’m dumbass. I took the napkin and cleaned it up. “It’s okay now?”

“Yeah, it’s fine now.”

We fell silent AGAIN, but this time I was the one to break it off.

“Zune, are you really...I mean, you do like me, right?” I asked looking at him seeking a confirmation.

“I think so. But…look I know you feel the same way and it’s new for both of us, so let’s start from the beginning…I mean from knowing each other. Let’s build up the friendship first and then we’ll see where it goes.” He was blushing but still verbalized whatever was on his mind.

“You make it sound so simple.” I praised. “Are you are always so straightforward?”

“I’m always honest.” He grinned.

“You were right.” I smirked.

“Huh?”

“You were right; when you said that you are as unique as your name.” His cheeks flushed as he gave me a smile. I smiled back. “So, tell me something about you.”

After that we talked about random stuff for the next three hours. I wanted to know everything about him and he also wanted to know about me. It never felt awkward telling him each and everything about my life; neither did he seem uncomfortable while letting me know about him.

I came to learn a lot of things about him; such as he is sixteen, a year younger than me. His favorite color is red. He loves reading fiction; his favorite novel is ‘Pride and Prejudice’ and his favorite author is Jane Austen. He loves rain, coffee, chocolate, and he has a special liking for red roses. He hates parties. He never had alcohol and never, ever smoked because the smell makes him nauseous. He never had been involved in any romantic relationship. His first crush was his history teacher when he was in ninth standard; his name was Mark Bredell. His favorite Hollywood star is Julia Roberts. His favorite TV show is “Sex and the City: and his favorite movie is “Titanic”. He also likes dancing and learned the salsa a while ago.

He also shared a lot of stuff about his personal life. His father abandoned his mother when she got pregnant with Zune. Since then, she has never dated any man. His mother is his best friend and he came out to her a long time ago. He obviously loves her the most. He hates lying, liars and the bullies who have gay guys as their prime target. He even had many students suspended in his previous school for bullying him or other students and was beaten up by them many times as his reward. I felt a sudden rage to rip into them; those who dared to touch my little honest angel. The more I knew about him, the more I respected him, and the more my feelings for him got stronger.

He also told me that Carol let him know a lot of things about me; like I am gay, about my treaty with Edward, and about my mother being a single parent.

I also shared a lot of things about my life with him. I told him that he is wearing my favorite colored t-shirt...white and he blushed…ahh, he can be so cute. I also told him that I love parties and I used to drink occasionally but never smoked; my hobbies are playing soccer and sleeping. Reading and dancing are not my cup of tea; I like white roses a lot and literally don’t like chocolate and coffee. I also admitted that I am not a virgin like he is, as I had many affairs in my past, but nothing serious.

I know we were polar opposites, but opposites do attract and I guess that’s how it worked for us. We were actually enjoying each other’s company.

I also shared some fond memories of my father with him. I never shared them with anyone; not even Carol. I felt relieved and happy.

During our conversation, there were many moments when we were just looking at each other, as if we were the only people on this planet. That feeling couldn’t be expressed in words. My life had changed in just a few hours; for the better of course. Being with Zune was so familiar, so natural, and so, so right.

We went back to his house after we ate. I couldn’t believe that I was not feeling a bit tired by walking such a long distance from Hoardle’s to his home. My home was not far from here; it was just four blocks away (good for me).

Now, it was the time to say goodbye. I didn’t want to end our time together, and I’m quite sure neither did he. It was the most amazing day of my life; it got so much better, even since this morning when my eyes first laid their sights on my mystery boy.

“I have to go now,” he said tilting his head a bit. Disappointment was clearly seen on his angelic face. Even I didn’t want to go; I wanted to stay. I knew that I wanted to see him over and over again, I knew I had to.

“I really enjoyed being with you.” I admitted.

“Me too. I don’t remember when the last time was that I had so much fun.” I could feel genuineness in his voice, and see it in his beautiful eyes.

We fell silent but it didn’t seem awkward this time; it felt nice...romantic, as if time stood still and we were the only ones in the world.

“Okay then, see you tomorrow.” He broke off the silence.

“Yeah…bye.” I responded after giving him a thoughtful smile.

He turned towards the main door of his house and I made my way to my home reluctantly. Suddenly a thought crossed my mind and I turned around. I knew I had to admit it now otherwise I would have a sleepless and distressed night.

“Hey Zune?”

He was about to open the main door to enter his house when he turned around and looked confused, “Yeah?”

“I love you.” I said it, yes I said it peering into his eyes, “I know it sounds stupid and unrealistic that I met you just a few hours ago and I fell in love with you, but I can’t help it. When I saw you this morning, it was just an infatuation; when I came to learn about your courage and honesty, I started respecting you. I spent the most beautiful moments of my life with you this afternoon, a true friendship established between us and now when I think about the whole day...about you, I’m damn sure that you are the one for me. Despite the fact that I had many affairs in my past, I never felt like this before for anyone.” He didn’t utter a word, he just kept staring me, as if peering in my soul. I continued, “I don’t want you to reply now. Just take your time and then let me know how you feel about me. I’ll wait as long as it takes for you to decide about me...about us. But I still want to admit that that for me it’s more than a crush. I love you Zune...I really do.” I wanted to say so many things to him; I wanted to hold him and kiss him, but I guess I would have many opportunities later if he reciprocated my feelings, which I was sure he did.

He was not surprised; as if he knew it was coming and was waiting for me to confess it. He just gazed me for few more seconds, smiled blushingly and said, “Bye Kevin”. My smile got wider the way he said it. He finally went inside.

He was special...very special. Everything about him was so special, so right, so perfect like his enigmatic eyes, angelic face, silky hair...like his personality, courage and honesty. I was already missing him. I headed towards my home thinking about Zune. I was blushing like a girl and a beaming smile was permanently plastered on my face. Everything was looking beautiful, new and fantastic. I didn’t know what’s in the store of destiny for me, but if Zune would be with me, then it would be definitely something great.

When I got home, I found a note on dining room table from my mom telling me that she’ll be home in the morning and dinner was in the refrigerator. I completed my homework and after having dinner, I went to bed. I couldn’t wait for the morning so I could see Zune again. I smiled and closed my eyes hoping to meet my angel in dreamland.

At the end of the day, there were two things I was sure about more than my existence; first...today was the most memorable and luckiest day of my life and second..I love Zune.

 

TBC.

 

 

 

So this was the first chapter of my very first story. i hope you liked it. Your suggestions and reviews will help me to improvise my writing, so please tell me what you like about it or what you don’t. A special thanks to Lisa for being my beta reader and editor.
Thanks for reading.smile.png
Copyright © 2017 sacredlove; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 16
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Hey Sacred! Love your story! It was a very sweet chapter.

 

As long as you don't plan on updating every day (lol), I'll be more than happy to proofread the chapters for you.

 

You can email me at LisaT25@msn.com and if you send me the first chapter I can fix some errors and then when you're ready with the next chapter you can just email it to me.

 

If you would rather not use me to proof the chapters, that's fine, no big deal. I'll just look forward to reading the next chapter. =)

Link to comment

I loved the start of your story. I think your characters show a lot of promise. I was going to recommend a beta but you already had that under control. Keep up the good work. I look forward to reading the next chapter. Best of luck with your writing.

Link to comment
On 11/17/2012 05:17 AM, Carrie76 said:
I loved the start of your story. I think your characters show a lot of promise. I was going to recommend a beta but you already had that under control. Keep up the good work. I look forward to reading the next chapter. Best of luck with your writing.
Thankyou very much carry for your review..i'm glad you liked it..i'll do my level best not to disappoint you in next chapter..take care and god bless:-)
Link to comment
On 11/17/2012 05:02 AM, Lisa said:
Hey Sacred! Love your story! It was a very sweet chapter.

 

As long as you don't plan on updating every day (lol), I'll be more than happy to proofread the chapters for you.

 

You can email me at LisaT25@msn.com and if you send me the first chapter I can fix some errors and then when you're ready with the next chapter you can just email it to me.

 

If you would rather not use me to proof the chapters, that's fine, no big deal. I'll just look forward to reading the next chapter. =)

Oh lisa you're an angel for me right now..i would be more than happy if you would help me out..i'll PM you as soon as i mail u my first chapter..thanks for your review. take care and god bles.
Link to comment

This is very exciting to find a story by you Sacred. I loved the first Chapter. It's a good start to your story. I'm glad you're going to get a beta and editor. That will help you along. Looking forward to your next chapter.

Link to comment
On 11/17/2012 08:16 PM, lilansui said:
This is very exciting to find a story by you Sacred. I loved the first Chapter. It's a good start to your story. I'm glad you're going to get a beta and editor. That will help you along. Looking forward to your next chapter.
Thanks..thanks a lot sui for your review..it meams a lot to me..god bless u:-)
Link to comment

Hey SL, great start!!! Love the 'best friends' interaction between Kev and Carol...Zune is very brave, I dont think i could do what he did ! Kevin is, i believe, taking it too fast..talking about love.

Waiting for more!!

Link to comment
On 11/19/2012 07:15 PM, Gulab Jamun said:
Hey SL, great start!!! Love the 'best friends' interaction between Kev and Carol...Zune is very brave, I dont think i could do what he did ! Kevin is, i believe, taking it too fast..talking about love.

Waiting for more!!

Thanks GJ for the review..i'm somewhat relieved that people are liking it..will try to post next chapter soon..god bles:-)
Link to comment

This is a great first chapter, and it is great to see a story from you.

 

You have a great cast of characters, and I always love the bad-ass female thrown into the mix. Makes for a lot of fun reading.

 

The " I love you", was understandable to me because I am thinking of them as being very young and acting on their feeings of the moment, kinda like Zune making the saying the reason the were not talking during their meal was because they have a crush on each other.

 

Keep up the good work. Thanks:)

Link to comment
On 11/20/2012 03:18 AM, joann414 said:
This is a great first chapter, and it is great to see a story from you.

 

You have a great cast of characters, and I always love the bad-ass female thrown into the mix. Makes for a lot of fun reading.

 

The " I love you", was understandable to me because I am thinking of them as being very young and acting on their feeings of the moment, kinda like Zune making the saying the reason the were not talking during their meal was because they have a crush on each other.

 

Keep up the good work. Thanks:)

Thanks a lot joann for your review..you won't believe but i was waiting for your review.

carol's character is inspired by best friend..m glad you liked her..tk cr and god bless:-)

Link to comment

Wonderful first chapter, I love the way Kev thought about doing something and standing up to the bullying but felt held back because of the truce he'd made to keep himself out of confrontation. I found that the bully himself alternated between really foul language, and language that read like something from a different era, with words like evildoers, so he came off a little inconsistent, but not too bad. The interaction between Kev and Carol had me laughing, it's clear they have a ton of affection with one another with the way they tease. moving on now to the second chapter and really looking forward to reading more.

Link to comment
On 12/10/2012 06:47 AM, layla said:
Wonderful first chapter, I love the way Kev thought about doing something and standing up to the bullying but felt held back because of the truce he'd made to keep himself out of confrontation. I found that the bully himself alternated between really foul language, and language that read like something from a different era, with words like evildoers, so he came off a little inconsistent, but not too bad. The interaction between Kev and Carol had me laughing, it's clear they have a ton of affection with one another with the way they tease. moving on now to the second chapter and really looking forward to reading more.
Hey layla thanks for the review. About that word 'evildoers', i used it intentionaly..in chapter 4 you would come to know why. Take care and god bless you:-)
Link to comment

I agree that Kevin dropped the L word a little too soon, but he is a teenager, and teenagers do that kind of thing, especially when they are as infatuated as Kevin is. I would like to see some more interaction between these characters, looking forward to checking out the next chapter!!

Link to comment
On 02/15/2013 01:08 PM, CassieQ said:
I agree that Kevin dropped the L word a little too soon, but he is a teenager, and teenagers do that kind of thing, especially when they are as infatuated as Kevin is. I would like to see some more interaction between these characters, looking forward to checking out the next chapter!!
Hey Cassie, I'm surprised and happy to get a review from you. Thanks a lot.

I agree with you on Kev's 'I love you' but as you said he's just a normal teenager.

I hope the next chapters won't disappoint you and I would be able to get some wise words from you.

Hugs:)

Link to comment

I liked the first chapter. It's been a long time since I have logged in and read and reviewed any story but it feels nice to be back again. I found your story through the pictures of your prime characters in the gallery. I must say Edward is really hot!

I personally is of the opinion that Kevin said those three words too early. They've just met but I can't deny the fact that he's a teenager. I don't find Zune a normal teenager. He's very brave and honest. I loved Carol's bitchy attitude.

Have to go to work but will be back to read the remaining chapters.

Link to comment
On 02/27/2013 10:49 PM, silentdreamer said:
I liked the first chapter. It's been a long time since I have logged in and read and reviewed any story but it feels nice to be back again. I found your story through the pictures of your prime characters in the gallery. I must say Edward is really hot!

I personally is of the opinion that Kevin said those three words too early. They've just met but I can't deny the fact that he's a teenager. I don't find Zune a normal teenager. He's very brave and honest. I loved Carol's bitchy attitude.

Have to go to work but will be back to read the remaining chapters.

Hey Rajat, thanks for the review. I'm glad that you are back at GA.

About Zune you are right, he's not your normal teenager, he's much more than that.

:)

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..