Jump to content
    Sasha Distan
  • Author
  • 3,343 Words
  • 6,428 Views
  • 24 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Redemption's A Bitch - 11. Start Me Up, I'm Breaking Down

Kieran blinked, and then the fact that he’s lusted over the boy for weeks kicked sharply into play, and he gathered Robin up in his arms and kissed him the way he wanted to. Robin’s fingers were in his hair, brushing through the yard long silk, wrapping them both up in it, tying them together. Kieran relished the feel of Robin’s body against his own, light but strong, the boy’s chest firm with his heart beating like a bird in a cage. He tasted of chocolate and citrus: rich, complex, and interesting, and Kieran couldn’t get enough of his lips until Robin opened his mouth. Kieran practically purred under the onslaught of the boy’s tongue, and he was more than happy to cede control of the kiss to the boy. Kieran couldn’t think of anywhere else he’d rather be than under Robin’s tongue. Kieran ran his hand up under the back of Robin’s shirt, the only part of his mind currently able to think beyond the kiss eager to find more skin to explore, when the sound of the back door sliding open distracted them.

“Oh god…”

“ROBIN!” Rebecca’s voice pierced the air, and the two of them jumped apart as though shocked with a cattle prod. “You selfish bastard!” Kieran blinked as he realised that Rebecca’s anger was still turned towards him. “Get away from my brother!”

“Becca, wait-” Robin stared at his sister in horrified embarrassment.

“This whole time, everything you’ve done has just been to get to my brother.” She rounded on Shastan. “I told you this would happen! He’s such a manipulative pig!”

“Hey-!” Kieran felt his anger, which had been much dissolved by Robin, begin to harden again.

“No! You keep away from my brother, and my husband, and my wedding!”

“Becs! Will you lay off him? It’s not like that.” Robin went to touch his sister’s shoulder, but she flinched away from him.

“It’s not your fault Rob, he’s a jerk and he doesn’t care about anyone apart from himself.”

“Rebecca…” Shastan’s tone was full of warning, and Kieran had learnt to respect that voice, but she paid him no mind.

“You’ve said it yourself: he’s dangerous to be around! I know you go after every guy you can and then dump them, roll back up here like its normal. It’s not. Your cousin is good to look after you the way he does, and look how you repay us?”

“Becs!”

But there was no stopping her now.

“You don’t care about anyone but yourself and your precious reputation as the easiest lay in town! If you had any family who cared about you then you’d be living with them rather than mooching off the good life your cousin has made for himself!”

Kieran lost it.

He grabbed her by the wrist, gripped tighter when she tried to pull away, and dragged her into the house. Kieran was strong and quick when he needed to be, so he passed through the rec room and into the garage before Robin, Shastan and the dogs could catch up and dropped Rebecca in front of the sheet at the back of the garage. He pulled the fabric back, exposing the pieces which were all that was left of MARS.

“Do you know what that is!?” Kieran shouted. “That is the bike I nearly died on, and that,” he pointed to Shastan, looking panicked and angry in the doorway, “-is the man who saved my life. I almost died, doing the only thing I really loved, and I quit because he asked me to. He is all I have, and I am the only family he has too. Don’t you dare question how much I love my cousin, because I love him far more than you do!”

Rebecca glared at him, and Kieran stared down at her, tension visible in the set of his shoulders.

“I know exactly how much my life is worth. If I didn’t care about anyone, I would have gotten back on another bike and ridden hard until I landed myself in a pine fucking box!” He took a deep breath. “Get out.”

Rebecca stood, not meeting Kieran’s fire-green gaze, and brushed dust off her knees to avoid looking at anyone.

“Shas-?”

“Not right now Rebecca.” Shastan was staring at his cousin with an unreadable expression, and he stepped aside to let her past.

“I’ll um…” Robin shifted from foot to foot, looking nervous, but Kieran didn’t want him to go.

“Kier…”

“Shas, I’m sorry.”

“No, you’re not.”

Kieran exhaled hard.

“No. I’m not.”

Shastan stepped up to him, standing by the wreckage of the bike, and he wrapped his arms around his taller, younger cousin in one swift movement.

“I was never more scared than when Hayley called me from the ambulance. I didn’t realise what you meant until the moment I thought I might lose you.” He drew back, holding the back of Kieran’s neck, looking at him dead on. “If it comes down to a choice between you and-”

“It won’t.” Kieran said quickly.

“I’d choose you.” Shastan shook his cousin gently. “I know what you gave up for me, you didn’t have to. I love you Kier.”

“I know.” Kieran smiled softly. “You’d best go rescue your bride before she tries to scupper the whole wedding.”

Shastan rolled his eyes.

“Wouldn’t that be a tragedy?” His voice dripped with sarcasm. “Breakfast tomorrow?”

“Yes please.” Kieran watched his cousin go, feeling his heart ache in an old and complicated way. He knew what love was, the love for family, and even though he would never, ever, make Shastan choose between him and his future, the promise that Shastan stood by him made Kieran weirdly happy.

After what seemed like an age, he turned to see Robin. The boy stood looking at the wreckage of MARS, then knelt to touch the metal of the carcass, carefully, in the same way he had first greeted the dogs, wary of the strange and dangerous. Kieran’s stomach tightened painfully as Robin’s narrow fingers traced the letters, the metal scarred by its contact with the asphalt at an hundred miles an hour.

“You really used to ride this thing?” Robin asked the question as though not expecting an answer. “It’s not like any bike I’ve seen.”

“I built it,” Kieran spoke softly, remembering in his mind the image of the bike in all its glory, “MARS was the most beautiful machine, completely custom and fast. But he was unruly, like trying to ride a dragon. We had one too many fights, and eventually we both lost.”

“Was it true what Shastan said; that you nearly died?”

“Yes.” Kieran touched unconsciously at his collarbone, the first scar MARS had ever given him when the machine had still only been part-built. “Four trips to hospitals, and one time that I was technically dead for just under a minute.”

Robin took the sheet from where it had fallen and draped it reverentially over the bits of MARS before turning back to Kieran.

“About that kiss…”

“It was a good kiss.” Kieran smiled to himself.

Robin grinned back, biting his lower lip softly.

“Yeah, it was.” Robin put his hand on Kieran’s chest, roughly over his heart. “I’d like to do that again sometime.”

“But not now?” Kieran wasn’t surprised, the intense excitement, the heady rush of exploration, had been somewhat dampened by the anger which had followed. “Soon?”

“Let’s not rush OK? Wednesday for bowling, yeah?”

Kieran sighed softly. He didn’t want to wait that long, but at the same time he recognised that pushing the boundaries of the soft and wonderful place they had found in the garden was potentially dangerous and upsetting.

“OK.” Kieran smiled lopsidedly. “I’ll come pick you up? We’ll take the car out to the marina.”

“You can’t fit five people in the Audi,” Robin stepped a little closer, his eyes hooded and full of promise, “even five small people.”

“We’ll take the Ferrari, it’s more practical.” Kieran smiled down at him, his fingers itching to wrap back around Robin’s narrow waist.

“That’s not a sentence I thought I’d ever hear, Kieran.” Robin stood on his tip toes, balanced on Kieran’s shoulders.

“I promise you it’s true, Sparrow.”

“Did I tell you I liked that nickname?” Robin’s lips were practically touching his own, close enough to make Kieran’s heart hammer almost painfully, but deliberately not kissing. “I’ll see you Wednesday then.”

And he was gone, leaving Kieran standing in the garage, trying to slow his heartbeat to something like a normal level whilst being fully distracted by the heat and hardness of his crotch. He’d never been so turned on in his life. As Kieran began to put the dogs to bed in a daze, he realised that somewhere in the middle of their evening, he’d given Robin the upper hand, and now the little Sparrow was teasing him. Surprisingly, he couldn’t have been happier about it.

*

“Morning Kier.”

“Morning.” Kieran yawned as he padded downstairs in jeans and a gossamer thin black t-shirt. “No Becca?”

“She took Robin home.”

“Wedding still on?” Kieran didn’t much believe in tip toeing around the issue.

“Yes.” Shastan was not visibly surprised by the question. “She was not particularly happy when she left. Toast?”

“Nutella.” Kieran began to slice a peach from the fruit bowl into perfectly even segments. “Dare I ask what you two talked about?”

“Best not.” Shastan sighed. “But she apologised for what she said about you, about the family.” He began to assemble more breakfast items. “She didn’t have a lot of choice.”

“She’s not happy about me being best man either, is she?” Kieran poured two glasses of milk from the fridge automatically. “You should just pick someone else Shas.”

“And who else am I going to choose?” Shastan shook his head softly, handing over a stack of toast halves. “You’re my best man Kier. You’re the greatest guy I know.”

“Soppy.”

“True.” Shastan smiled at his cousin over the kitchen island. “So what are your plans for the day?”

“Track day. You?”

“I have to remake a bunch of the wedding favours.”

“Sorry.”

“You’re taking the dogs to the track, right?” Shastan looked slightly desperate, so Kieran nodded. “Thank god. Have a good day, be safe.”

“I’m taking the Honda, she’s always safe.” Kieran grinned. “Thanks for breakfast Cus.”

It seemed like a lot of effort to ship just one bike to the track, so Kieran put the Suzuki in the trailer as well while the dogs ran madly around the garden for a while. Kieran was early to the raceway. He left the bikes in their cage and took the dogs for a long walk over the surrounding countryside. There were a couple of race tracks where Kieran had sunk a fair chunk of money, and much of it had been used to buy up land around the actual circuits, preserving wildlife habitats and the sanity of the neighbours. In his usual style, nobody he actually rode with knew about his donations, but that wasn’t why Kieran made them. The luxury to give the dogs a decent walk, and ride his bikes as fast as he liked in the same vicinity, was well worth the price of the deeds.

The mood of a track day was pretty much decided by the first four or five people who showed up, and by the time Kieran returned, other pits had been occupied by Ray and Neil, and a pro low-league racer having a day off from serious training. When Kieran saw Hayley coming towards him carrying little Harry, Brian wheeling ahead of them, he knew today was going to be a much more serious sort ok race day.

“Hey Kieran.” Brian clasped his hand as he braked the wheelchair. “It’s been too long.”

Kieran grinned.

“Well, if you’d just get back on the bike…” he joked, “It’s good to see you. How’s the new team?”

“They have potential.” After Brian’s accident, working as a coach and trainer had kept him sane, but after Kieran had quit, he’d been snapped up by one of the Italian satellite teams. It had been good for him, and had helped Hayley make her decision to quit permanently. “None of them are you though Kieran.”

“Brian…” Hayley warned. She knew how much her husband loved to talk about his favourite star, and how much it made Kieran ache to hear it. The only thing keeping him off the track was the promise he’d made to Shastan, he was still plenty young enough to get back into serious racing.

“You were always the best.”

“Thanks.” Kieran smiled tightly. “You guys gonna watch from the box?”

“Thought I might stay down here and help you tune up that Fireblade of yours, see if we can’t whip these others into shape.”

“It’s not a competitive meet Brian,” Kieran complained.

“Really?” His tone forced Kieran to look at his old friend. Despite being in the chair, Brian still projected the strong, confident and knowledgeable man Kieran had first met when he was just a scrawny teenager. Brian smiled. “Then why are you wearing your game face?”

None of them lining up on the grid said it was a race. No one mentioned the words. But every rider was geared up as best they could, and Kieran had braided his hair, taken the tuned up bike and his pro racing leathers and put himself in the second box under the chequered flag. Brian had talked him through the laps, just like he’d always used to. It didn’t matter that Kieran knew the track inside and out.

“First lap you’ll all be warming up your tires, but stay ahead of the pack, don’t go in for any massive weaves, ‘cause you’ll end up on the wrong side the first corner.” Kieran had nodded quickly. “Don’t gun the engine through the third or you’ll spin out, ramp up along the straight and hold the speed through The Wishbone as best as you can. After that, watch for The Riverbend, and lean in nice and low when you go round. You’ve got to pass anyone in front of you on The Incline if you want to come in first. It’s gonna be three laps, so you’ve got time.”

Sitting astride his bike, one toe on the ground, balancing the huge metal beast of the bike between his thighs, all Kieran could see was the track in front of him. He could picture each corner as clear as a photograph held in front of his face, and he was ready.

It happened just like it should have. The engines started up with a cacophony of roars, and the track organisers seemed to realise too that the riders on the grid were taking the race seriously. When the flag went, they lifted off, and proceeded around the track at a good pace, each weaving subtly, warming the rubber of their tyres and the brake discs. The weather had been fine for a long time, and Kieran, along with Ray and some of his other competitors, had fitted low profile racing tyres to their bikes to add speed. Kieran lined himself up for crossing the start line, and as the final corner came they all reeved their engines and took off for the race.

Kieran let Ray and four others go past him. It was Brian’s least favourite habit of his, and one which had caused arguments with the sponsors back in the day, but Kieran loved to play catch up. He raced the track as though the twists and turns were designed for him, gunned every moment he could, building speed, flashing past each of the other racers. He swung around The Riverbend, a corner named because of its large looped shape, so flat his knee almost brushed the ground, passing Ray as the blond man tried to sneak in around the inside of the corner. He was fast, but Kieran was faster. He pulled up The Incline with the Honda growling under him like a lion with a grudge, and so began the game of cat and mouse as he and the pro racer began to pull away from the rest of the pack.

Kieran got right up on his tail and stayed there, pushing on every single bend to make the other man work for his position. It was no easy ride. The Wishbone was half way round the track, and Kieran’s favourite switchback bend. As they approached it, the pro rider braked, just a little, to control the corner, and Kieran went for his chance. Their tyres passed within inches of each other, and Kieran pulled up the bike and popped a wheelie in order to make the turn at such a speed. As he gunned down towards the next corner, the tail of the Honda slid out from under him but Kieran growled and argued with the throttle, forcing the bike forwards and into a better position. He passed under the waving chequered flag with the lighted score board flashing him up in first place.

Brian was grinning like a fool when he rolled into the pit.

“What a race! That’s my boy!”

Kieran pulled off his helmet and grabbed his friend’s hand.

“Thanks coach.”

“Kieran!” Hayley jogged down the stairs from the box as fast as she could manange without jogging Harry. “What were you thinking?”

“I won,” Kieran shrugged.

“You could have been killed! Throwing around stunts like that at such a speed!” Hayley handed her son to his father and pushed at Kieran’s chest before hugging him tightly. “I was so worried.”

“Hayley, don’t…” Kieran embraced her quickly, then stepped back to unzip his leathers. He was always super-hot after a race. “I’m fine. See?”

“You’re insane, that’s what you are.” Kieran turned to see the pro racer striding towards him. “You want to endanger everyone’s life when you go out like that? You fuck up and it won’t just be you going down in flames.”

“Well then, isn’t it good you’re not hurt?” Kieran watched the other man look him up and down, and turned himself so that the contrast leather on his leg could be read.

“Tristan Toyne?”

“Yes.”

“I thought you’d retired.”

“I have,” Kieran nodded to Hayley, “it’s just for fun.”

“Are you sure about that? I’ve not seen anyone want to win so badly in a long time.”

“Like I said, just fun.” Kieran smiled to him. “Have a nice track day.”

“Yeah, you too.”

Kieran watched him walk away, and then turned to where Hayley and Brian were staring at him.

“What?”

“You know what your cousin is gonna say when he hears about this.”

“He won’t hear about it.”

“Sure,” Hayley sighed, “even you don’t believe that.”

She was right, as she always was, because by the time Kieran had arrived home with empty bike tanks and exhausted dogs, there was an article from the online version of a major motor racing magazine with a photograph of him, taken at the raceway, under the blaring headline:

Tristan Toyne to Stage a Comeback

It was almost all supposition, but there was the famous photograph of him on MARS before the big crash, and a smaller, slightly blurry snapshot of the wheelie he’d pulled on The Wishbone with a caption ‘Tristan Toyne: Up to his old tricks already?’ Kieran knew that Shastan kept rather close tabs on the family name, and this article was sure to pop his search. In a few hours, the news would have travelled half way around the globe and back, and people would have started to write articles based on this one. By the time Shastan read it, Kieran’s return to professional racing might have already been taken from assumption to certainty. Kieran wasn’t proud of the article, but he saved the pictures, walking into the main house to feed the dogs. He sent the best one as an attachment to Robin.

What did you do with your weekend, Sparrow?

Come argue in the forums.
Copyright © 2014 Sasha Distan; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 56
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Finally, Shastan showed some backbone, thank god for that. And I bet he's slightly ashamed of all the stories he's told BtB about Kier being a player. I loved the way Robin took it all in his stride, and I have the feeling he'll be more reasonable about the racing 'news' than Shas. Great chapter, Sasha.

Link to comment
On 09/09/2014 05:34 AM, ivoryraaen said:
Robin or Sparrow is going to rip him a new one for being so reckless. Great story, can't wait until the next update.
Racing's not reckless... not if you're good at it.
Link to comment
On 09/09/2014 05:37 AM, Timothy M. said:
Finally, Shastan showed some backbone, thank god for that. And I bet he's slightly ashamed of all the stories he's told BtB about Kier being a player. I loved the way Robin took it all in his stride, and I have the feeling he'll be more reasonable about the racing 'news' than Shas. Great chapter, Sasha.
but the stories were true, when he told them... but I expect he's feeling guilty as hell even so.
Link to comment

Oh ... now it clicks into place ... Kier stopped racing for Shastan and along with it lost his greatset pleasure so he replaces that with careless sex but that doesn't fill the void ... and now we and Becca know just where she fits in Shastan's life ... score one for the home team ... and Robin seems fine with all that's happened. I think he realises that Kieran is willing and capable of making enormous sacrifices for the people that matter.

This was another example of how well you create evocative emotion ... we don't just read the descriptive words we feel them and you took us on a ride as thrilling as Kieran's. Impressive ...

Link to comment
On 09/09/2014 06:06 AM, dughlas said:
Oh ... now it clicks into place ... Kier stopped racing for Shastan and along with it lost his greatset pleasure so he replaces that with careless sex but that doesn't fill the void ... and now we and Becca know just where she fits in Shastan's life ... score one for the home team ... and Robin seems fine with all that's happened. I think he realises that Kieran is willing and capable of making enormous sacrifices for the people that matter.

This was another example of how well you create evocative emotion ... we don't just read the descriptive words we feel them and you took us on a ride as thrilling as Kieran's. Impressive ...

see, I told you it would all start coming together, Kieran will do a lot for the people he loves.

thanks Dugh.

Link to comment

OMMIGAWD!! I am so friggin happy that tristan finally KICKED HER OUT !!!!! you have no idea how hard I fist pumped when shastan didn't even come to her rescue !!! UGH that BITCH !!

Link to comment

I liked this one, although, I admit, I'm not a fan of racing.

 

Does Rebecca really believe that Kieran mooches off Shastan? I hope that was part of the setting-things-straight conversation. I almost fell over at the arrogance in "look how you repay us". Of course, she could have been referring to Shastan's tendency to do the cooking. ;)

Link to comment
On 09/09/2014 12:21 PM, peanutbutter said:
OMMIGAWD!! I am so friggin happy that tristan finally KICKED HER OUT !!!!! you have no idea how hard I fist pumped when shastan didn't even come to her rescue !!! UGH that BITCH !!
I can sense your satisfaction from here.
Link to comment
On 09/09/2014 01:03 PM, impunity said:
I liked this one, although, I admit, I'm not a fan of racing.

 

Does Rebecca really believe that Kieran mooches off Shastan? I hope that was part of the setting-things-straight conversation. I almost fell over at the arrogance in "look how you repay us". Of course, she could have been referring to Shastan's tendency to do the cooking. ;)

Kieran loves to cook, for the kids. Shastan likes to feel as though he takes care of his younger cousin (not that many years ago, Kieran was a teenager).

Not a fan of racing? Oh, we'll fix you sweetie.

Link to comment

I know this story is about Kieran and Robin (and as you predicted, I've warmed up to both of them), but Becca's outburst was beyond the pale. It's like she showed her true colors for everyone to see. I feel like I need to know what kind of conversations she and Shastan are having, for him to still want to marry her. The way she feels toward Kieran makes her look like a jealous harpy, and that's not going to go away.

 

That said, I hope Kieran can find some satisfaction in the racing world without actually racing. It DID send him to hospital four times and almost kill him. And that's *with* him being good at it. If he sucked he'd already be dead.

Link to comment
On 09/09/2014 08:07 PM, Geemeedee said:
I know this story is about Kieran and Robin (and as you predicted, I've warmed up to both of them), but Becca's outburst was beyond the pale. It's like she showed her true colors for everyone to see. I feel like I need to know what kind of conversations she and Shastan are having, for him to still want to marry her. The way she feels toward Kieran makes her look like a jealous harpy, and that's not going to go away.

 

That said, I hope Kieran can find some satisfaction in the racing world without actually racing. It DID send him to hospital four times and almost kill him. And that's *with* him being good at it. If he sucked he'd already be dead.

Actually, if he sucked he'd have never gotten into the sorts of races or on the sizes of bikes that nearly killed him. You have to qualify for TT races and at least in the UK, the tests needed for the higher class of motorcycles is rigorous. Nobody wants to see new riders and racers creamed into smears on the track, traffic on the roads does enough of that anyway.

 

As for Becca... is it the stress of the wedding? Does she just hate Kieran? Shastan loves her, and love is irrational and slightly mad.

Link to comment

I think racing is a release for Kieran like no other...especially since he was at the top when he quit. That kind of passion doesn't go away, even though he made the choice to put it behind him. I did the same thing with horse showing because of responsibilities for my 4 kids. I get that, dealing with the wedding and Becca(who is not sane right now) and facing who and what he was and caught up in the reality of Sparrow and the fact that the Sparrow factor exists in his life now...it's all overwhelming...so he got carried away at the track. It is really not such a bad thing. We all deal in different ways. I loved that Kieran stuck up for himself to Becca and laid himself bare in front of Shaston and Robin like he did. Sashton's support was a beautiful thing and proof that nothing will affect their bond. Sparrow's holding power over a willing Kieran shows how much Kieran has changed in just a short time. This story has built in a most satisfying way and I am only sad that I have caught up now and have to wait for more :,( Cheers and thanks...G

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Meant to comment and got distracted. Rebecca seems to be one of those women who wants to be the center of attention. She is insanely jealous of Kier for many reasons, especially his close relation with Shas. Unless she gets a hard kick in the ass - and I think it might have to come from Robin - she is going to make everyone's life miserable. I hope it's just Bridezilla. IMHO, women who have dreamed all their lives of big lavish weddings often don't think beyond that to the compromise of living your life with someone else and aren't prepared for married life.

To weigh in on the racing, Kier is to be commended for giving up the hard racing. I like to occasionally watch a good race myself.

Link to comment

I finally can take a moment to leave a comment on your story. You probably know how it get: going on holidays, coming back, getting ready for the new year of school an then school starts...

So today i decided to stop everything to leave a comment, thing that i wanted to do since the start. Cause yeah, when i saw that you were starting a new story i was like "whoohoo!!!" happy dance ;) Cause i was sad since Direct Confusion end, even if it was good end (btw i would love to read what happen to them now that they're in college ;) but i lost myself here (yes that what you do to me, your stories anyway lol)

So yes back to Tristan and Robin. Tristan he like the guy that you don't really like even before to know him: he sleep around, doesn't seem to care about anything and anybody. But then reading we discover cracks in him that show that all thoses things are just a shell to protect himself cause he has already suffer a lot. In reality he's a good person, caring and loving.

Robin is like this kid that live in a loving family, who didn't have to worry about a thing in life, but he seem a bit scared of taking a chance in life and love (but boy if you don't take a first step you won't go anywhere!)

They're so different but so complementary in the same time. Sometime in life you meet someone that irritates you and draws you both, it's like the more that person irritates you the more you can't stop thinking about them. But together they managed to crack each other shell.

Tristan and Shastan Relationship is really swwet too. They're not close on the way that they're not always saying that they love each other and everything but they know it in the little things of everydays life. They know that they will always be there for the other.

In the last chapters Tristan finally let someone onther than shastan see the real him, he has accept to be vulnerable and expose. And Robin seems to really like the fact that Tristan made an effort for him, to show him that he want more that a night with him, that he's Worth the effort to wait and making some "sacrifices" (i mean spending a few night alone here ;) )

Now that they're both exposed to the other i really hope that Shastan's wanna be wife will calm down and not ruin things for them.

As for the race i hope Robin will get that Tristan need to experience that kind of sensations time to time (i know how it's like. the boyfriend work away but when he comes home every Fridays he's like "honey i'm home... and going for a run with the bike" and me "ok love you too". i dont really like that cause of everything that could happen to him but i can't take it away from him, it's a part of him)

I promise you to review more often, so to the next chapter ;)

Link to comment
On 09/10/2014 11:24 AM, Headstall said:
I think racing is a release for Kieran like no other...especially since he was at the top when he quit. That kind of passion doesn't go away, even though he made the choice to put it behind him. I did the same thing with horse showing because of responsibilities for my 4 kids. I get that, dealing with the wedding and Becca(who is not sane right now) and facing who and what he was and caught up in the reality of Sparrow and the fact that the Sparrow factor exists in his life now...it's all overwhelming...so he got carried away at the track. It is really not such a bad thing. We all deal in different ways. I loved that Kieran stuck up for himself to Becca and laid himself bare in front of Shaston and Robin like he did. Sashton's support was a beautiful thing and proof that nothing will affect their bond. Sparrow's holding power over a willing Kieran shows how much Kieran has changed in just a short time. This story has built in a most satisfying way and I am only sad that I have caught up now and have to wait for more :,( Cheers and thanks...G
and now you must wait like everyone else. aww Gary, I kinda feel bad for you.

The Sparrow Factor - love it!

Link to comment

I'm so glad Shastan admitted how much he loves Kieran. Kieran needed to hear that, especially since BtB totally went off on him. She was so out of line. She owes Kieran one hugeass apology. I'm so glad Shas FINALLY gave her some kind of warning and let her leave when Kieran demanded she get out. If I were her I'd be embarrassed to show my face there again! lol

 

Kier should have sicced his dogs on her! :D

 

As far as the article on Kier going back to racing - I'm curious to see how Shas and Sparrow react to that.

Link to comment
On 09/10/2014 02:31 PM, avidreadr said:
Meant to comment and got distracted. Rebecca seems to be one of those women who wants to be the center of attention. She is insanely jealous of Kier for many reasons, especially his close relation with Shas. Unless she gets a hard kick in the ass - and I think it might have to come from Robin - she is going to make everyone's life miserable. I hope it's just Bridezilla. IMHO, women who have dreamed all their lives of big lavish weddings often don't think beyond that to the compromise of living your life with someone else and aren't prepared for married life.

To weigh in on the racing, Kier is to be commended for giving up the hard racing. I like to occasionally watch a good race myself.

she'll get a kick from someone! A bad case of bridezilla indeed!
Link to comment
On 09/11/2014 12:29 AM, clochette said:
I finally can take a moment to leave a comment on your story. You probably know how it get: going on holidays, coming back, getting ready for the new year of school an then school starts...

So today i decided to stop everything to leave a comment, thing that i wanted to do since the start. Cause yeah, when i saw that you were starting a new story i was like "whoohoo!!!" happy dance ;) Cause i was sad since Direct Confusion end, even if it was good end (btw i would love to read what happen to them now that they're in college ;) but i lost myself here (yes that what you do to me, your stories anyway lol)

So yes back to Tristan and Robin. Tristan he like the guy that you don't really like even before to know him: he sleep around, doesn't seem to care about anything and anybody. But then reading we discover cracks in him that show that all thoses things are just a shell to protect himself cause he has already suffer a lot. In reality he's a good person, caring and loving.

Robin is like this kid that live in a loving family, who didn't have to worry about a thing in life, but he seem a bit scared of taking a chance in life and love (but boy if you don't take a first step you won't go anywhere!)

They're so different but so complementary in the same time. Sometime in life you meet someone that irritates you and draws you both, it's like the more that person irritates you the more you can't stop thinking about them. But together they managed to crack each other shell.

Tristan and Shastan Relationship is really swwet too. They're not close on the way that they're not always saying that they love each other and everything but they know it in the little things of everydays life. They know that they will always be there for the other.

In the last chapters Tristan finally let someone onther than shastan see the real him, he has accept to be vulnerable and expose. And Robin seems to really like the fact that Tristan made an effort for him, to show him that he want more that a night with him, that he's Worth the effort to wait and making some "sacrifices" (i mean spending a few night alone here ;) )

Now that they're both exposed to the other i really hope that Shastan's wanna be wife will calm down and not ruin things for them.

As for the race i hope Robin will get that Tristan need to experience that kind of sensations time to time (i know how it's like. the boyfriend work away but when he comes home every Fridays he's like "honey i'm home... and going for a run with the bike" and me "ok love you too". i dont really like that cause of everything that could happen to him but i can't take it away from him, it's a part of him)

I promise you to review more often, so to the next chapter ;)

wow, thanks for the mega long review!

I'm glad you like the story, and you're right, Kieran is letting himself show through the amour of himself for Robin to see. I don't think Robin is shy though, he just knows what he does and doesn't want, and he doesn't not want to join Kieran's list of conquests!

Link to comment
On 09/11/2014 02:41 AM, Lisa said:
I'm so glad Shastan admitted how much he loves Kieran. Kieran needed to hear that, especially since BtB totally went off on him. She was so out of line. She owes Kieran one hugeass apology. I'm so glad Shas FINALLY gave her some kind of warning and let her leave when Kieran demanded she get out. If I were her I'd be embarrassed to show my face there again! lol

 

Kier should have sicced his dogs on her! :D

 

As far as the article on Kier going back to racing - I'm curious to see how Shas and Sparrow react to that.

you almost don't wanna know... things about to... go in hitherto unknown directions.
Link to comment

Didn´t think you could make Rebecca any more horrible but you did. She´s crazy :o The way she talked about Kieran :pissed: it is none of her business what Kieran does with his life and it sounded like she thought all the money was Sashtan´s and Kieran was taking advantage of his cousin. So glad Sashtan stood up for Kieran and let everyone, especially Kieran, know how much he loved him.

Link to comment
On 10/15/2014 12:03 AM, Suvitar said:
Didn´t think you could make Rebecca any more horrible but you did. She´s crazy :o The way she talked about Kieran :pissed: it is none of her business what Kieran does with his life and it sounded like she thought all the money was Sashtan´s and Kieran was taking advantage of his cousin. So glad Sashtan stood up for Kieran and let everyone, especially Kieran, know how much he loved him.
I'm good at that. sorry...
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..