Jump to content
    Solus Magus
  • Author
  • 828 Words
  • 1,436 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Diary of the Damned - 1. Entry #1

"THE SEEDLING"

 

October 23rd, Monday.

Okay, so here we are, starting a new journal. Honestly, I didn’t want to push this through but writing things down with what happened for the day really became a part of my daily routine. But this time, it’s not an obligation. I just felt like I need to. Maybe things will get interesting soon. I dunno. Hopefully, it will.

But as usual, nothing really happened today. School was boring. Caleb was being a dick head. And I was being me. I was thinking of naming you this time so at least I have some kind imaginary friend I could talk to if things were really bad. My mom can really be a huge stressor for me. Her mouth just never shuts up. Anyway, I don’t want this to be a good punching bag to rant my ass out. I think this journal should be a little more special.

Yeah, that’s it. Maybe I should really name you. But I couldn’t even think if I should imagine you as a guy or as a girl. It’s kinda confusing. You are an inanimate object to begin with. Which makes this weird, too. I’ll get back to you on your name.

Anyway, back to Caleb. I know he’s my best friend and I love him. Fine, you got me. I have a secret crush on him ever since we were in 5th grade. But he’s stupid and he’s still not figured that out yet. I mean come on, he should’ve noticed by now that I could never say no to him, even if things were bad just like a while ago.

He ditched me off again for another girl he likes. It hurts, yeah sure. However, I find it hard to let go of him. He is still pretty close to me. And I am still not sure if we will ever be ready to go beyond the friendship. It’s a scary thought. What if he doesn’t like me? Or worse, what if he breaks off our friendship? I don’t have much friends and I am not good at making those.

And before I start to cry, I should really need to get some sleep.

Goodnight,
Liam

-

October 24th, Tuesday

So an unexpected thing happened. Caleb treated me out for lunch. Then it got worse because he talked about the girl that he likes. He doesn’t even realize how much it crushes me. The situation I was having sounded like a cliché one-sided love story that people love to watch. And I hated it! It sounds ironic and I didn’t realize any sooner that it actually happens in real life.

He said that they are going to watch a movie together sometime around next week after class. It left a bitter taste in my mouth because we used to do that all the time. I felt a slight stab in my heart on the spot. Watching movies together and a bit of snuggling inside the movie-house was something really special between him and I.

Now he has some cheap knock-off who he was going to do it with. Caleb is a special person to me and I don’t like the idea of losing him to some random bitch. It felt like an insult to our friendship. And worse, I think this girl name Alicia thinks she needs to compete with me. I can’t believe that Caleb even told me that the girl thinks badly of me because we were too close. Of course he would dismiss it, but that damage has been done. That bitch needs to go down!

Meanwhile, I got an ace on the test we had last week. At least there was a dose of good news today. Mrs. Redfield thinks I’m a great student and she is thinking if I should take a shot in the Quiz Bee a few months from now. I just told her that I will be thinking about it. It’s a nice idea but to be honest you, I’m kind of a slacker. If I could get away with school works, I will. I think that’s a very normal thing for all the teenagers out there. We’re lazy and we’ll make your life harder if you force us to do with some random chores. Although, Mrs. Redfield would be shocked if she knew what was I thinking. She always expects me to be the model student just because I kept acing her tests. I can’t blame myself if I’m a naturally smart person. There was never a time that my name got crossed out of the list of top students for our batch.

Oh yeah, I still haven’t thought of a name for you. Yes, I am quite serious that you at least deserve a name. I promise you that. For now, I’m thinking of something simple so it won’t be hard to forget. Or rather very easy to remember.

Laters,
Lee

Copyright © 2017 Solus Magus; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

14 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

I like the story already. One point though liam referred to Caleb as Ryan. Can't wait for more

Thanks! I might post chapters very very often since each chapter is a short one. Don't let the light-hearted start of this story fool you. I want to experiment with human emotions and convictions with this story. ;)

 

And thanks for pointing that out. Ryan was supposed to be his name but I changed it to Caleb mid-way. I didn't notice that one. Nor my word editor. Which is weird. This spooked me out. Perhaps writing a horror genre has its costs. :unsure:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..