Jump to content
    Solus Magus
  • Author
  • 1,231 Words
  • 1,046 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Diary of the Damned - 5. Entry #5

October 31st, Tuesday

Oh boy, this is gonna be quite a long write-up.

The plan backfired. And tonight was freakin’ scary. If you only saw the look on our faces, then you would’ve laughed at us. Dee, the new neighbors are really something else. Not sure if they were a bunch of whackos or they’re really good at scaring people off. I’m not sure if I’d be able to take that one again. Listen carefully Dee, because today was a very long day for me.

I guess I should start at how the day started. Max was all excited to put on his new costume. Not really sure what it was until I saw he was going to dress up as a rabid ghoul. I wasn’t sure at first if he was going to be on the batch of kids that we were going to prank on. Thankfully, he was on the far end of the other street with a bunch of his friends. Otherwise, mom would kill me if Max discovers that I was going to prank them big time.

Based on the conversation he had with mom. He was with Clyne. Those two had been friends ever since they were kids. And the two reflected Caleb and I. With all honesty, I couldn’t help but think if one of them would want to screw the other. But of course, that’s another story for another day. Believe me, I’ve seen a few hints here and there whenever they would look at each other.

When I got to school, the five of us met immediately during the first break. We tried to review the plan again in case something was amiss. Thankfully, Jansen pointed out a few potential mishaps. He was really good at it. I think Jansen will be a good problem solver in the future. His eyes were very keen on details and we were able to decide what we’re going to do to cover those up.

And then after dismissal, that’s where the creepy part had started. When I got out of my room, there was this guy at the far end of the hallway who was staring at me. He was wearing all black clothes. The glare that he gave me was like someone stalking on children. It kinda freaked the crap out of me on the first second. So I just ignored him and maybe he would go away. He did. The guy vanished a few seconds later. I just kept thinking that he was fooling around with people since it was Halloween night.

I didn’t tell my friends about the creepy guy. So when the five of us gathered during dismissal time, we went straight for Layla’s house to dress up and the make up was going to take a while. The plan was to dress up as zombies and be as realistic as much as possible. We would be waiting at the alleyway and allow the children to see a bunch of homeless people that were laying down on the floor. Jansen and Rica will be sneaking from behind and trapping them in the alleyway. That way, they will be trapped by a few zombies. The reason why we thought of this prank was because there are some spooky legends revolving around that specific alleyway. So we had the idea of the reviving that local urban legend. That way, it will be a long-lasting legacy since the kids will be talking about it until they grow up! That was the plan until some other things moved beyond us.

We waited at Layla’s house until it was dark. Based on our hunch, the kids would be start moving around a couple of hours after sunset. So we set the time and decided that half an hour should be a good head-start and go to the spooky alleyway. As soon as the sun was out, we made our move.

The plan started out well. I sat opposite of the new neighbor’s house and I had a perfect view of their backyard. The fence was pretty low so you could actually see on the other side. I was on the ground and waited out. There were a few screams from the distance and I knew that the kids were having fun. Meanwhile, Layla and Caleb just laid on the ground lifeless and we were scattered around the small alleyway.

That was when I saw something huge move inside the neighbor’s house. The lights from the inside were red and dismissed it at first as some sort of design to go along with the Halloween theme. Since it took my attention, I called for Layla and Caleb who were laying down nearby. I told them what I saw and decided to take a peek in the house. And it was the worst decision of that night.

What we saw was some sort of occult ritual and a boy our age was laid down on the table. They sort off offered him some gruesome objects. I think one of them was the heart of some animal. Then there was a head of a goat. Plus there were so many candles and some mystical symbols all over the place. There were at least 20 people inside the living room and they were all wearing some long red robe with a hood on their faces. Layla was not even able to look.

To make things worse, they were chanting some kind of weird utterances. The voices were booming inside and we watched as the ritual unfold. They let the teenager drink a chalice that was filled with blood. The red fluid gushed all over his face as his eyes start to glow red. But I couldn’t recognize the face because it was still pretty dark inside the room. The features were kinda vague. Layla left but Caleb and I decided to stay. We pressed on and still tried to watch despite the gruesome things that were happening. I almost hurled since the things they were doing was just beyond me. My curiosity allowed me to push on. That was until one of them saw us and started approaching us.

Caleb and I scrammed and ran towards Rica and Jansen. We told them to run for it and we ended up at Jansen’s place. We told them everything we saw. It took a few hours to get everyone to calm down, especially Layla. Once we were in the house, she immediately went to the comfort room to puke. After that, we decided to all go home and talk about what to do next after a few days.

I was very careful when I went home. That house was just a few houses away from us and thank goodness I was unrecognizable with the outfit. We never got to pull off the plan. The ones who almost got a heart attack were the five of us. And I almost had an asthma attack, too. When I got home, I could barely stay alone in my room so I decided to keep talking to Max once he got home. Eventually, I got sleep and decided to write to you this entry.

What a scary night. I should go take a rest for now, Dee. And hopefully, I won’t be having a nightmare. That would be the last thing I need.

Laters,
Lee

Copyright © 2017 Solus Magus; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

16 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

Holy crap! Ugh people just leaving me hanging today

Calm down. I doesn't take long for me to post. You also left me hanging with JAM. :P 

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Solus Magus said:

Calm down. I doesn't take long for me to post. You also left me hanging with JAM. :P 

OK you got me there but I haven't had any cliffies recently

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

OK you got me there but I haven't had any cliffies recently

It was a good revenge still. Horrifying isn't it? A horror story you're reading suddenly got back at you. :lol: 

 

Nah. I just love cliffies. I think all of my stories regularly end the chapter with one.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Benji said:

B)..................Good and creepy for Halloween!  Great I liked it.

Thank you. But this is just the beginning. ;) 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..