Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

One Moonlit Night - 14. Chapter 14

Chapter Fourteen

Scotty had a few more performances scheduled for the next week and a half so we didn’t get the opportunity see one another for any length of time except at school and our study time. However, he had nothing scheduled for that coming Saturday so plans were made to get our Christmas trees. He wouldn’t hear of us going without him, declaring it a family tradition. We all groaned. We knew we were in for a day-long excursion. Scotty was just as fussy about picking out a tree as he was about anything for which he shopped. I, on the other hand, had few prerequisites. It had to be green, a member of the fir family, and shaped like a Christmas tree. If it tilted a little in the stand, well, that’s what they made string for—to tie it back against the wall: au contraire, according to our Christmas tree-ologist—Scott Tucker. It had to have perfect cone-shaped symmetry. The needle type was important also, as it determined, for some reason I couldn’t fathom, the type of decorations needed. No sagging branches and the top of the tree had to have one, and only one branch sticking up. I tried to explain to him, that was why we had saws—if the branch was forked—you lopped it off. You would have thought I suggested shaving off Santa Claus’ beard. I was surprised he didn’t count the rings on the trunk to determine whether it was the right age. Junior rented a small pick up truck as we would be getting two trees and we drove to a tree farm to select and chop down our trees. I think we covered most of the twenty acres before he finally made his final decision.

I asked Uncle Phil why he didn’t say anything as we stood around shivering from the cold. He said, with a broad grin, “I love watching Scotty get excited about this simple task. You see Sebastian, Scotty, because of his musical talent and abilities, in so many ways, has had to grow up too fast. He is in an arena that is dominated by adults. He has had to compete and perform at that level. Music isn’t just his vocation; it’s his livelihood and his love. It has also become his business. He has an agent to assist him but ultimately the responsibilities and final decisions are on his shoulder. The production of his first CD was an overwhelming project, but he handled it as the professional he is. And you are well aware of all the work and time he pours into his rehearsals for the many competitions, recitals, and performances with which he is involved.”

“Yeah,” I replied, “sometimes I feel he’s gone more than he’s here.”

“So, you see, Bash,” Uncle Phil continued, “for me, it’s nice to see him be child-like once in a while. For that I am willing to traipse around and suffer cold feet for a few hours.”

“I guess I never looked at it that way,” I acknowledged. “Music has always been such a part of his life, I don’t think I’ve ever given it much thought, other than the long hours of practice, as to what it has taken him to get where he is musically. I know sometimes I have to make him take a break and get him to do something fun. Of course, a few times it has been selfishness on my part as I just missed doing things with him.”

“Well, that’s why you two are so good for one another. You’re both so similar in many ways, yet opposite enough; well let’s just say, you complement each other. You’ll appreciate each other even more as you get older, as you will see how the differences bring a balance to your relationship.”

“Uncle Phil, I appreciate Scotty every day. Thanks for enlightening me more, though. The more I know, well, the more to appreciate,” I said with a grin.

Uncle Phil patted me on the back and gave me one of his great smiles.

“Well, I think he’s found our trees. How’s that chopping arm of yours?” He said with a wink and a grin.

Once we got our trees home and set up in the stands, we all set about decorating. We did the Tucker tree first as I wanted to wait until my mother got home so she could take part in the decorating of ours.

When my mother walked through the door, she was assailed by the fresh pine scent and remarked how good the house smelled. She also commented on the beautiful tree I had picked. I informed her it was Scotty who actually picked the tree. I was the muscle that axed it. We all had a great time. We put on Christmas music: made hot chocolate and sang as we merrily festooned our tree. Every once in a while Scotty mildly chastised me for putting too many balls of one color together, or wadding the tinsel up instead of stranding it out. I just threw the tinsel on the tree and let it fall where it may. When we completed our decorating we turned off the living room lights, and we all stood back and admired our work. With one arm around my mother and the other around Scotty, I gazed at everyone bathed in the mellow glow of the Christmas tree lights and truly felt blessed for this—my family.

The last week of school before Christmas break was filled with lots of cheer and merriment. People excitedly talked about what they planned to do on the two-week break. I was super thrilled as Scotty and I had not had a lot of time to spend together because of his schedule. It didn’t appear it was going to slow down either. After the New Year, he had several concerts at which he’d be playing; my boyfriend the star! For now, I was only concerned for the two weeks that lay ahead: time free to spend with my wonderful lover.

We did have a wrestling meet scheduled for that coming Friday, but I was not slated to wrestle. Gordon was chosen and I was happy for him. We had become friends and I had discovered he was just an all around nice guy. He had a wicked sense of humor and loved to pull pranks. I had volunteered to help as a scorekeeper for the match. Teasingly I told Gordon that he’d better be nice to me or I’d not flip the scorecard when he won a point. Scotty had volunteered to play at a senior’s home that night so wouldn’t be there. Chris, Bobby and I planned to meet up with him afterward and grab a bite to eat. I thought about asking Gordon to come along as he had won his match, as did Bobby and Chris. However, I decided to keep it with just us gay boys. Thus far, we had never all four gotten together and done anything together socially.

We went to Millie’s Coffee Hut and sat at the same booth that Chris and I had when he professed to me his being gay and his love for Bobby. As we sipped our hot chocolate and dined on burgers and fries, much of our conversation centered on what we had planned for the holidays. Like Scotty and I, Bobby and Chris were looking forward to spending some quality time with one another out side of school. Our conversation did drift toward wondering if anyone else at school might be gay. We all had a few candidates, but of course, couldn’t be certain. We discussed sex—though Scotty and I did find that a very personal issue—or at least the details. Chris and Bobby were curious about anal sex as they wanted try it, but were still a little frightened, thinking it had to be painful. We gave them a few pointers, after all, we did have a copy of The Joy of Gay Sex Uncle Vince and Uncle Chris gave us. They listened intently as we suggested using their fingers to explore and find that magic spot—the prostate. Also, to be very gentle and patient with one another, for some we mentioned it takes some getting used to. We could tell by the look on their faces after our discussion, they couldn’t wait to get some lube and try. Scotty asked if either had come out to their parents yet. Bobby said that he sat down with his and they said they had sort of figured it out. They, as loving parents, did express their concerns as to his safety and cautioned him and Chris to be careful. They told him he was a good son and being gay made no difference to them. Their love for him was unconditional. Chris sheepishly said he still had not gotten up the nerve to tell his. We all just said he would when the time was right for him to do so. We parted that night and because we were in public, gave each other the ‘manly’ hug of a quick embrace and rapid pats on the back.

Scotty and I agreed the get together was fun and a nice experience as we sauntered to my house to spend the night in each other’s embrace. We both thought it was sad that Chris was unable to come out to his parents. From what we have read however, realized that he was not unique in his experience. Scotty and I once again affirmed our being blessed with great and loving parents.

When we neared my house, we noticed the out door Christmas lights and the living room lights were lit. My mom’s car was in the driveway also. I became a little concerned; as I was sure she was scheduled to work that night. When we entered the family room, she was lying on the couch in her pajamas and bathrobe and looking very pale. We must have woken her as she groggily asked, in a hoarse voice, how our day had gone, then asked me to bring her a 7up from the fridge.

“Mom, what’s the matter? You don’t look or sound too good,” I said worriedly handing her the requested soda.

“Oh, I think I have a bug that is going around. I just feel zapped and I’m running a slight fever. I’ll be okay,” she said seeing the concern on my face. “I’m going to go to bed now that you’re home. I don’t want you two catching it, so forgive me if I don’t give you a kiss and hug goodnight.”

“No problem Aunt Tracy. Are you sure there isn’t anything else we can get you? Have you eaten anything? You know what they say, feed a cold and starve a fever, or is that, starve a fever and feed a cold? Never have been able to get that straight,” he said with a shirk of his shoulder.

“I could make you some chicken soup, Mom. It’ll only take a minute,” I added.

“Well, maybe I’d better try to eat something; I just hope I can keep it down as I feel nauseous.”

Scotty sat with my mom while I went and heated up a can of chicken noodle soup.

“So, how did your wrestling team do?” My mom inquired when I returned with a bowl of soup.

“We won all but two matches. Bobby, Chris, Scotty and me went to Millie’s afterwards.”

“So, how are those two doing?” She asked.

“Well, they seem to be doing okay. Chris is not real confident that his parents will accept him if he comes out to them. It’s sad. Bobby on the other hand has had quite the opposite experience. His parents are like you, Uncle Phil and Aunt Liz. He’s their son; they love him no matter.

“Well, that’s sad about Chris, but his parents may surprise him and be more accepting than he realizes,” Mom said.

My ever the romantic boyfriend stated, “They make such a cute couple.”

Mom giving him a smile, asked, “How did your gig at the senior home go, Scotty?”

“It was nice. They really seemed to enjoy it and I love when they sing along. Some of them have dementia or Alzheimer’s. Since music is one of the last things you forget, it is rewarding to have them participate. I’m seriously thinking of taking a musical therapy course at some point. I think it would be fun to do.”

“I think you’d do well at it too, sweetheart,” Mom responded.

“Uh, Mom,” I interjected, “do you want me to call Nanna and tell her you’re sick and we won’t be coming up? I mean, I don’t think you are in any condition to be driving.”

“Well, let me see how I feel tomorrow morning. If I’m not any better maybe you could take the train and have Uncle Vince pick you up at the station.”

“Mom, I’m not leaving you here if you’re sick. No way!”

“Honey, Liz and Phil live just three houses away…”

“I don’t care if they live in the house. I’m not leaving you while you’re sick on Christmas!”

“Okay, honey, calm down, let’s just wait and see how I feel tomorrow. Now, I’m going to bed,” she sleepily said as she blew us kisses and headed for her bedroom.

“God, Scotty, I can’t remember the last time mom was this sick. I don’t care if she is feeling better tomorrow; I think she should just rest. Nanna would understand.”

“Well, Bash, let’s just wait. Maybe tomorrow we can convince her to stay and rest up for a few days.”

He then wrapped his arm around my waist, giving me a loving kiss on the cheek and guided me toward the staircase. Scotty knew I had a fear of something happening to my mother. I knew I had Scotty and I loved him more than anything. Nevertheless, I didn’t know what I’d do if I lost my mom.

Once in our room I put my arms around Scotty’s waist and just gazed into his eyes. He was so beautiful. While I was drinking in his beauty he began to unbutton my shirt, then ran his hands over my chest, and wrapped his arms around me laying his head on my chest.

“I love you so much Sebastian Sean Cocchetti.”

“I love you too. I love my relationship with you. It just feels so—so right.”

“Yeah, I know what you mean. I feel the same.”

We decided to luxuriate in a nice hot bubble bath; Scotty sitting between my legs as I gently washed his hair and body. We then traded positions and he repeated the process tending to me, intermittently stealing a kiss or two. Once finished with our bathing we crawled beneath the covers, and caressed and cuddled with one another. Scotty lay on top of me with his head resting on my chest just under my chin. I could smell the sweet aroma of his freshly shampooed silky blond hair as I gently ran my hands over his lithe smooth body. I liked the feel of his weight upon me. It felt comforting and gave me a sense of security.

Scotty more than I, had a sixth sense. He knew I was concerned about my mother. He knew the affection we were sharing with each other was for comfort and not intended to elicit sex. He would say or do nothing unless I indicated otherwise. He contentedly let me hold him. We fell asleep.

I awoke around 2:30 a.m. Scotty still had his head on my chest with his arm wrapped around my waist and his one leg over my thighs. It was a Kodak moment. I hated to move him but I had to pee. I also wanted to check on my mom. I gently scooted out from underneath him. He let out a soft snurkle, but did not awaken. I went to the bathroom and then downstairs to my mother’s room. I quietly crept across the floor to her bedside. From the light I left on in the family room, I saw she was breathing effortlessly and in a deep sleep. I placed my hand on her forehead to see if she was running a fever. Though she still felt warm, she was not as hot as she had been a few hours ago. She softly moaned and opened her eyes.

“I was just checking to see how you were. Sorry, I didn’t mean to wake you. Do you want some water or anything?”

“No, honey, I’m okay. I awoke earlier and took some aspirin. I’m feeling a little bit better. You go back to bed and I’ll see you in the morning.”

“Okay, night Mom, go back to sleep. I love you Mom.”

“Love you too, honey.”

She laid her head down and went right back to sleep. I doused the light and quietly returned to my room, feeling relieved that my mom seemed to be doing better, though she still sounded congested. I crawled back into bed and spooned into the cutest boy in the world. He instinctively grabbed my hand and pulled it into his chest. Relieved, I fell asleep.

The next morning Scotty and I awoke to the delicious smell of fried bacon wafting in the air.

“Oh, well, Bash, I think your mom is feeling better this morning,” he said sleepily.

“Yeah, either that or she’s trying to convince us she is,” I replied as I cuddled more into my sexy lover’s body.

“Ooh, I think something else is trying to convince me of something too,” he cooed, as he pushed his cute little butt into my rigid member.

“Hmmmm, well, how much more would it take to make it more than convincing?” I provocatively whispered in his ear as I nibbled it.

“Well, sexy, if you let me get up, take a pee and brush my teeth, I think I can let you give me a demonstration. I do believe actions are better than words.”

“Well, another dilemma; do I hold on to this sexy body that is warm and comfy, or let it go in anticipation of hot sex? Hmmmm? Okay, I’ll release you, but I’m gonna’ join you to make sure you don’t run away.”

We both went to the bathroom to relieve our bladders and brush our teeth. Scotty then said he was taking a shower, and perhaps I’d like to join him so I could make sure he didn’t escape. Just as we were preparing to get under the spray of the shower, my mother yelled up to us, “Boys, don’t be too long as breakfast is almost ready. I also want to get an early start to Nanna’s, so don’t take all day in the shower.”

“I take back all the nice things I’ve said about her,” Scotty disappointedly moaned.

“I’ll tell you what, cutie. I’ve wanted to try something for a little while now, that I read about, and being in the shower is the perfect opportunity,” I said while lathering him up and running my hands between his legs.

I then rinsed his cute little butt and went to my knees. I spread his little cheeks and started licking his tight little pucker. I reached around, grabbed his hard penis and started stroking it.

“Oh, my God, oh that feels sooooo good, Bash.”

I probed more with my tongue while pumping his cock more rapidly. Scotty bent over farther to give me more access to his little butt hole. This was definitely a turn on—for both of us. He did have the cutest little smooth butt.

“Bash, I’m about ready to cum.”

He tightened his anal muscles and I then felt the surging pressure of his impending climax. His body shuddered as the water cascaded over his sexy little body as his ejaculation splattered against the shower wall.

He turned around and I looked up at him with a smile, and he, breathing heavily, gasped, “That was wonderful. I want…”

Mid-sentence he was interrupted by my mother saying, “Sebastian, Scotty get a move on. Breakfast is ready.”

“Ah, but what about you, babe,” Scotty asked.

“I’m okay. I really enjoyed pleasing you. Don’t worry; you’ll have me all to yourself for a good week and a half, when I return. Just consider that my pre-Christmas preview of what lies ahead. Now, we’d better get down there before she comes up and drags us to the breakfast table by our short and curlies.”

Giving me a loving kiss and telling me how much he enjoyed what I had done, and also, that he loved me, we climbed out of the shower. We then hurriedly dried off and joined my mother in the kitchen.

She did look better but still a little wan and she still sounded congested. She was in a very cheery mood though.

“I hope you guys left me some hot water,” she teased.

I peered at her and stated, “Are you sure you feel up to going, Mom? You know you don’t have to go for my sake. You still look a little pale and sound stuffy.”

“Are you sure you won’t be disappointed if we don’t go, Sebastian? I truly feel a little better, but I know that a few days rest would do me good. You’re sure you don’t want to take the train?”

“Mom, if you are not feeling well I’d rather you stay and get better. Nanna will understand. And, there is no way I am leaving you while you’re sick, especially at Christmas. Do you want me to call Nanna and explain?”

“No, honey, I’ll call her. Why don’t you hand me the phone.”

“Uh, Mom, don’t say anything to Nanna about me being able to take the train. I just... Well I won’t leave you while you’re sick.”

Mom dialed the number.

“Hello, Mamma Cocchetti, this is Teresa. Yeah, I know I sound terrible. I have a bug that is going around. Well, that’s what I called to tell you. I think Sebastian and I will stay home. Yes, we will miss you also. Please, give our wishes for a Merry Christmas to everyone. We will miss not having Christmas with you too. That sounds like a wonderful idea. Let me tell Sebastian.”

“Sebastian, Nanna suggested we come up for New Year’s weekend. What do you think of that?”

“Uh, well, uh do you think Scotty could come with us?”

“Mamma, Sebastian wants to know if he may bring Scotty. Good, well I guess we will see you next Friday then. We love you too and again, I’m sorry. You have a Merry Christmas too.”

I motioned to my mom I wanted to talk to Nanna before she hung up.

“Mamma, Sebastian wants to talk with you, here he is.”

“Hi, Nanna. Merry Christmas to you too. Yeah, Mom and I are both disappointed we can’t come, but I want her to get well. Scotty and I are both looking forward to seeing you next Saturday, though. Oh, and Scotty says Merry Christmas too, Nanna. Yeah, I’ll tell him for you. Okay, yeah I heard the timer go off. I’ll let you go then so you can get the pies out of the oven. I love you Nanna and give my love to everyone and we will see you soon. Bye, bye.”

“She had to get some pies out of the oven,” I explained as I hung up. “She said ‘Merry Christmas’ to you too, Scotty.

“Sebastian?”

“Yes, Mom?”

“Did you even ask Scotty if he wanted to go or even if he could?”

“Oh, I’m sorry, no I didn’t. Scotty, I’m sorry, would you like to go?”

“And be without you on New Year’s Eve, yeah, I want to go. I don’t think Mom or Dad will have any objections. Why don’t we run over and ask them now?”

“Eat your breakfast first. It’s getting cold,” my mother admonished, “then you can go get permission.”

After we finished our breakfast, Scotty said to my mom, “Oh, Aunt Tracy, instead of us staying at my house tonight we will spend it here. I know Bash would be more comfortable since you’re still not feeling well. Besides, now Bash and I will get the opportunity to play nurse for the nurse,” he teased.

My mom smiled and rejoined, “Oh, no, what did I do to deserve this. Of course, you can stay here, and I’ll be sure to be on my best behavior.

“Thanks, Aunt Tracy. Come on Bash; let’s go ask my mom and dad about next Saturday.”

As we were walking over to Scotty’s, I exclaimed, “This is great! Now we’ll have the entire two weeks together. I get to spend Christmas with my lover and be with him on New Year’s Eve too. It doesn’t get any better than that.”

Scotty just gave me one of his devilishly sweet smiles.

Sometimes it was just so hard not to be able to grab him and hug him—but I restrained myself since we were on a public street.

Scotty did get permission to go to Nanna’s. His parents knew we had planned to spend New Year’s Eve together anyway. To them it was merely a change in location. Uncle Phil, Aunt Liz, Beth and Jim, and Junior and Shelby had all made plans to go to a New Year’s Eve Party in Philadelphia and would spend the night as they would probably be drinking and being the socially conscientious people they were, would never think about driving even if they weren’t snockered.

Throughout the day, I truly think we drove my mother nuts with our constant attentiveness. Being a professional caregiver, she found it unusual or foreign to have us take care of her for a change. We would barely let her go to the bathroom by herself. Anytime she wanted something or went to do anything, we were right there. Secretly though, I knew she loved our efforts to take care of her. Before we retired, Scotty and I saw to it that my mother was comfortably in bed—we even pulled her covers up to her chin before giving her good night kisses.

Since I wouldn’t be going to Albany, I planned to get up early with Scotty and go to the shelter for a few hours to help out. Aunt Liz had made a huge batch of assorted cookies we would take with us. As on Thanksgiving, Scotty would entertain by playing the piano. We had a great time. Stan was there, and we had fun visiting with him and finding out what his plans were for Christmas. He informed us that he had met a sweet girl and would spend some time with her family and she would spend some with him and his mother. He seemed very content with his life. We were very happy for him and extended an invite for him, his sweetheart and Mother to drop by for a visit over the holidays. He said he thought that would be nice. He also said, and hoped we didn’t mind, that he told his mother that Scotty and I were boyfriends, and asked if it was okay to tell his girlfriend. Scotty and I saw no reason for him not to, but did tell him that we were not out to others, except our families and another couple we knew. Around 1:30 that afternoon, Scotty and I wished Stan and the others Happy Holidays and headed home.

Once at the house, Scotty loudly announced that we were back and that it was time to open presents. His little boy was coming out again and after the brief talk with Uncle Phil, I too was enjoying and appreciating this aspect of my sweet boyfriend that I had never really took note of before. This was always a fun affair as first we would open presents at his house, then go over to mine to prolong the suspense and pleasure. Sixteen going on thirty—today we’re kids, excited teenagers.

Though Scotty and I did buy certain people individual gifts, most of the presents we gave were from the both of us. Yeah, yeah, I knew—I was referred to by some as gift-buying-challenged, but I did actually get to pick out a few. Granted many were more humorous in nature, but nonetheless, I did get to choose them. Scotty in some cases and with reluctance anted up his portion of the funds.

“Bash, you cannot buy your mother a license plate frame that says, “Nurses do it with Patience”.”

“Why not, I think it’s cute. She’ll love it.”

“Well all I gotta’ say is you better never get me one that says, “Musicians do it with a Baton,” or I’ll brain you.”

“Ah, you figured out what I got you,” I teased.

Scotty and I made out like bandits. And, just to show I was not totally gift-challenged, I bought Scotty a sweater and he bought one exactly like it for me. We did that on occasion—buy each other the same thing unbeknownst to each other. Junior thought it was eerie.

I was happy my mother was feeling better and could enjoy taking part in the festivities. She did get a kick out of the license plate frame and ask me to go put it on her car. I stuck my tongue out at Scotty. I further razzed him by asking him to help me mount the license plate frame on my mother’s car.

After dinner that night while we were lounging around and watching TV, I nudged Scotty and asked him in a whisper to take a walk with me. He gave me this look as though I was crazy and whispered back, “Bash, it’s freezing outside.”

“Please,” I pleaded.

“Okay.” he responded.

“Mom, Dad, Bash and I are going to take a walk. Okay?”

“Just make sure you bundle up. It’s freezing outside,” Aunt Liz stated.

It was a bright moonlit night and the air was bitingly crisp. Thick flakes of snow were flitting to the ground as we made our way down the street to the babbling little creek, where we as kids spent a lot of time crawdad hunting, exploring and played our childhood games. We came upon the spot where there were several large boulders. There, I turned to Scotty, pulled him to me, and gave him a gentle kiss. I then put him at arms length, reached in my pocket, pulled out a little case and handed it to him. Scotty was very surprised. He opened it and gasped, “Bash, it’s beautiful.”

He pulled out the ring I had custom-made for him and just admired it; looked at me; then back to the ring.

“What’s it say, I can’t quite make it out, and it’s too dark.”

“Well, my lover, I thought of that,” and retrieved a small flashlight from my coat pocket.

As I shined it on the ring, Scotty read the inscription, “Amorèdella mia Vite”

He threw his arms around me, hugged and kissed me with great passion.

“Oh, Bash, it’s, well, it’s—it’s just so beautiful.”

“Well, I have a little speech to go with it, so here goes,” I said nervously.

As the snow gently fell and the full moon cast a silver glow upon the countenance of the love of my life I vowed, “Scott Anthony Tucker, I, Sebastian Sean Cocchetti, do hereby declare to love you with all my heart and soul and with this ring I commit myself to you to be your life-long partner. I will love you through good times and the not so good. I will forsake all others and love you the best I am capable till death us do part.”

I then placed the ring on his finger. Scotty had tears running down his cheeks as we continued to stare into each other’s eyes.

“Bash, I will treasure this ring and you for the rest of my life. I not only accept your declaration of love to me, I also vow the same to you. Uh, but I don’t have a ring,” he sadly said.

“No, problem, look underneath the felt holder.”

I had no doubt that Scotty’s feelings were the same as mine, so I had matching rings made.

Scotty picked up the ring, though trembling, gently took my hand in his and slipped the ring on my finger, declaring his love and affirmed a life-long partnership with me.

After a prolonged kiss, we finally released one another and headed back to my house.

“Oh, I almost forgot. Here,” I said handing him a gold chain. “I figured it wouldn’t be wise for us to be wearing them on our finger at school or in public.”

“You don’t know how much I want to say, to hell with all those bigoted people. I accept that we could have some hassles if people saw us wearing matching rings and I don’t want to be without my beautiful ring so…” and he asked me to help clasp the gold chain around his neck. “For now I’m going to wear it. I can’t wait to show it to Mom and Dad.”

On the return trek to the house, the snow crunching beneath our feet, Scotty just kept reiterating how beautiful the rings were, admiring his as he held it before him; the light of the full moon causing it to glimmer.

As soon as we opened the door, Junior announced, “Well, they’re back. Now everyone take a seat as I have something to say.”

He reached out to Shelby, grabbed her by her hands pulling her beside him and he declared, “I have asked Shelby to marry me and she has accepted.”

Junior had the biggest grin as Shelby looked into his eyes and then they shared a loving kiss.

Scotty was doubly excited and let out a loud, “Yippie!”

He ran over, jumped on Junior and grabbing Shelby into a three-way hug, stating, “I wish you both all the love and happiness, just as Bash and I have for one another. Believe me; it doesn’t get any better than that.”

He then jumped down, came back over to me, and whispered, “Bash, do you mind if I save my enthusiasm and excitement over our rings until later? I don’t want to steal this moment from Junior.”

“Babe, I’m as jazzed as you, and no, I don’t mind one bit. You gave me what I wanted. Now it’s time to celebrate their love.”

We then walked over to the smiling couple and gave our love and congratulations. Aunt Liz was in tears—albeit, very happy tears. She clung to Uncle Phil as he gently returned her hug; his eyes were misty too.

Well, so much for the congratulations and good wishes. Five minutes later Beth, Aunt Liz and the ever romantic minded Scotty grabbed Shelby and commenced planning the wedding. The rest of us sat around like unwanted trash—we didn’t seem to exist any longer. Uncle Phil turned to Junior, Jim and me and said, “I thought it was the bride’s parents who did all this?”

We just shrugged our shoulder’s indicating we didn’t have a clue as to the proper protocol, as we listened to the excited chatter of the wedding planners.

“Oh, well, what’s on TV?” Uncle Phil said with a tone of resignation. “We’re gonna’ be here a while.”

Christmas was a wonderful affair. Gifts abounded in so many ways; Scotty and I reaffirming our love for one another, and Junior and Shelby’s impending nuptials. New Year’s in Albany would not pan out as festive.

Copyright © 2011 Steven Keiths; All Rights Reserved.
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Bash was clever enough to use Scotty’s composition, Amorèdella mia Vite, for the engraving on the rings. And it was nice of them to avoid stealing Junior’s thunder by announcing their own engagement  on the same night. So much love in the air!  ;–)

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..