Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

One Moonlit Night - 25. Chapter 25

Chapter Twenty-five

Having heard the loud voice from the head stage manager, Fair came rushing out onto the stage and asked, “Is there a problem Mr. Tucker?”

“Apparently, I’m not allowed on ‘his’ stage,” Scotty said with an edge of anger in his voice.

Realizing he had made a major gaffe and perhaps a career changing one at that, the head stage manager, stuttering said, “I’m, I’m, so sorry Mr. Tucker. I didn’t recognize you. I’ve, of course seen your poster, but, uh, you’re in street clothes, and you look…ah, hell, that’s no excuse for my rudeness,” he matter of factly remarked. “Please accept my apologies for my most impolite behavior. It’s an honor to meet you. I’m George Hansen your head stage manager, and I truly apologize.” Not only was the ashen faced George contrite, he also was experiencing quite a bit of fear. He almost had a renowned world-class pianist pack up and leave town. Not that Scotty would have done that, but there would have been severe consequences. Scotty was not one to be trifled with when it came to his performing or being treated with disrespect, especially from those with whom he worked in a professional capacity. Thankfully, for Mr. Hansen, Scotty had a forgiving nature.

“Well, George, as you must have gathered, I’m Scott Tucker and this is Sebastian Cocchetti, my right and left hand man, and this imposing gentleman is Fair Lindley. I’m sure we will be seeing a lot of each other over the next few days,” Scotty said with a warm smile and extending his hand. I silently snickered at the right and left hand reference.

You could see the color returning to George’s face as he accepted Scotty’s hand and said he looked forward to working with him. He asked Scotty to please not hesitate letting him know if he needed anything. He then excused himself saying he needed to get a loose riser fixed.

The concertmaster, Mr. Stanley Adamsen accompanied by Jim Furst, the facility manager, unaware of what had taken place, came onto the stage just as George was leaving. He called to George to come meet Mr. Tucker, the concert pianist for that coming weekend. George set down his tools and came over and Scotty said that he and George had introduced themselves to each other while he was taking his call. George started to say something, but Scotty cut him off and said, “George was just about to give me some history of the Opera House when you arrived.”

Scotty winked; George smiled.

Scotty’s ability to be compassionate and forgiving has always amazed me. I was neither shocked nor surprised by the turn of events. It was one of the many reasons I loved this diminutive cute guy.

“Well, Mr. Tucker, Mr. Furst, can probably do a much better job than I, so you’re in good hands,” George replied. “I really do look forward to working with you,” he added.

“Same here George,” Scotty replied.

Mr. Adamsen excused himself and said he looked forward to seeing him at tomorrow’s rehearsal. Scotty replied in kind. Turning toward Mr. Furst, as Mr. Adamsen left, Scotty with a smile said, “So, Mr. Furst why don’t you give me the tour and tell me a little about this beautiful facility. After all, I don’t want to sound like a Neanderthal, when my family and friends ask me all about it.”

“Most certainly, Mr. Tucker. As you may know this is one of the most photographed structures in the world. Jǿrn Utzon of Denmark designed it in 1957. Mr. Utzon left the project because, well, unfortunately for political reasons. It was then completed in 1973 under the direction of Peter Hall. Sadly, Mr. Utzon never has returned to Australia to see the completed Opera House. The Opera House itself is a complex of theatres and halls all linked together beneath these sail-like shells. It is the busiest venue for the performing arts in the world, and we have some 3,000 events annually.”

“Wow!” Scotty responded, “When does Maestro Challender ever get to sleep, or you for that matter?”

“Fortunately, Mr. Tucker, not all the events involve the orchestra,” he replied with a smile. “Furthermore, I have a very competent staff that handles the day to day operations of the complex.”

“But, still, that’s a lot of performances and events,” Scotty said. “It’s true then, you’re in operation twenty-four hours a day? I heard that from someone, but didn’t believe it, but with 3,000 events, the math tells me you’d have to be.”

“Yes, what you heard is quite true, and we are only dark for Christmas and Good Friday,” Mr. Furst answered.

As we strolled around touring the Opera House, Mr. Furst continued to point out and explain the architecture in great detail. He also, told us of a many of the events, other than concerts, that were held there. I found it to be very beautiful and unique in design, and this beauty is seen from every angle from which the structure is viewed. Scotty and I both enjoyed the tour and the complex’s history that Mr. Furst imparted. I also think Mr. Furst was surprised that two teenagers were so rapt and attentive to his docent-ing. Scotty and I thanked him for taking the time out of his busy schedule, and that we were glad we learned so much about the award-winning architectural marvel: seen by many as one of the Seven Modern Wonders of the World.

***[ ]***

We would spend most of our mornings walking around the area where we were staying, going to shops, wandering around Pitt Street Mall, and trying different restaurants. Fair was a great help. Though not a tour guide, he certainly could have been one. Neither Scotty nor I could get over how clean Sydney is. I do not think we saw one bit of trash on the streets in all the time we spent meandering. It is a beautiful city and Scotty and I were certain we would be returning. The people were very friendly and courteous, which added to our pleasant stay and desire to come back. Once Scotty’s concert was over we had plans to visit the Taronga Zoo—Scotty wanted to pet a koala; he thought they were the cutest things. And as scary a prospect it was for Scotty, I wanted to climb the Harbour Bridge with him. I just knew that view had to be spectacular. Fair said that indeed it was. Scotty teasingly elbowed him asking him whose side he was on. Fair just grinned.

Scotty spent afternoons rehearsing with the orchestra: most evenings attending dinner engagements. I went to several of the rehearsals and was included in all the invitations to dine. The morning of his final rehearsal, I asked Scotty if he minded me going to the beach and then I’d come meet him at the Concert Hall when he was through. I told him I thought I’d call Jerry to see if perhaps he’d like to go with me. Scotty thought that would be a nice for me to include Jerry, and didn’t mind me not going to the rehearsal. In fact, he thought I must be bored to tears just sitting around listening to him rehearse. I told him it was never boring to listen and watch him. However, the repetitiveness when the orchestra was striving to play as the conductor wanted got tedious at times. Scotty said it was not the easiest piece to play, and understood how it could get monotonous for me after a while.

That afternoon I met with Jerry and we went to Manly Beach. I told Scotty and Fair we’d be in the vicinity we went our first time there, just in case they needed to find me. Jerry and I had a great time chatting and of course, cruising the great looking guys. A few of his friends came by and joined us. Lars was one of them. He was a very hot looking and at times it was hard to keep my eyes off of him. After having taken a dip in the ocean, I mentioned that I had to go to the restroom and Lars said he did too and would accompany me. As we trudged through the sand toward our destination, he put his arm over my shoulder as we chatted. I was unaware that Scotty had gotten out of rehearsal early and decided he’d come to the beach. When he and Fair located where Jerry and I were on the beach, he noticed me headed to the restroom and Lars’ arm draped over my shoulder. He, with Fair on his heels, followed. While washing our hands after taking our leaks, Lars said, “Sebastian you are one very hot and sexy guy.”

“Well, Lars, you’re not so bad yourself,” I replied.

“Uh, why don’t you and I go back to my place and get to know each other better?” He said wiggling his eyebrow.

“Ha ha,” I said nervously. “Sorry, Lars, I have a boyfriend,” as I emphasized my statement by showing him my ring. “At a different time, well…”

“Yeah, but you said he was at work, or practicing or something. He’d never need to know.”

“Lars, you’re a great looking guy, and I’m sure you’re a very nice person, but I’ve been in love with one guy all my life. I would never do anything to hurt Scotty or our relationship. Besides, I’d know and I couldn’t live with that. If you ever met my Scotty, you’d understand. In fact,” I said with a giggle, “you’d probably push me aside and try and get him to your place.”

I was not aware that Scotty had overheard this exchange between Lars and me until later. As he turned to walk away from the restroom, he had tears in his eyes. Fair became concerned and asked if he was okay. “God, I love that guy,” is all he said as he sniffled and started walking back toward Jerry.

Exiting the restroom and even though it was a distance to our towels, it would have been difficult to miss the imposing frame of Fair, who at this point was overshadowing Scotty. My first thought since I couldn’t see Scotty was that something happened. I started racing toward him, then Scotty appeared as he stepped away from Fair. Turning toward me, the cutest guy in my life and world, looking so hot in his Speedo, smiled a smile that melted my heart. Yet another reminder of why I loved him. As I came up to him breathing a little heavy, I too was smiling. “Can’t leave you alone one minute and cute guys are hanging on you and you’re following them to the bathroom,” he said.

“Huh? Oh, that’s Lars a friend of Jerry’s. What are you doing here? I mean, I’m super happy you’re here but…?”

“Well, the last play-through went really well so, Mr. Andersen called it a day. So, I decided to come be with you.”

“That’s great,” and just then Lars caught up and I turned to him and said, as I hugged Scotty to me, “Lars, I’d like you to meet Scotty, my partner.”

Lars stuck his hand out and said, “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Scotty. He’s said wonderful things about you.” Then turning to me he said, “He’s everything you said he was,” as he teasingly gave me a shove, and stepped in front of me.

“Uh uh, he’s mine,” and with that, I scooped Scotty up and started running toward the water. “Sebastian Sean Cocchetti don’t you dare! Fair, aren’t you going to do something? I’m being taken against my will. Where are you when I need you? I thought you were here to protect me?” He yelled. Fair just shrugged his shoulders and smiled as I dunked my sexy lover in the warm ocean. I then held him, gave him a gentle kiss and told him I loved him. He smiled and said, “I know.”

***[ ]***

“Well, I hope Graham can make it. I called Qantas and raved about his service on the flight over, and said I would love to reward him by having him be my guest at my concert. They thanked me for praising one of their employees and were happy I was pleased with their service. They didn’t say, however, if he would be given the time off to attend. Oh, well, I guess we’ll see. Oh, I think I told you Jerry will be sitting in the box with you. Didn’t I?” Scotty said as he nervously paced in the preparation room after warming up. Those few minutes before he performed were when Scotty had butterflies. Other than that brief period before he performed, he never seemed affected by stage fright. “Well, babe, you’d better get to your seat as I’m going on in about a minute.” I gave him a hug and a kiss as he ran his hand over my tuxedo-clad body and we both said we loved one another. I then left. He smiled and waved.

That night Scotty played one of the more challenging and demanding pieces a pianist can play. It was a Sergey Prokofiev composition, Piano Concerto No. 3 in C Major, Opus 26. You would have never known that just a few minutes ago, the poised and confident blond cutie that entered the stage was pacing and nervously babbling in the warm up room. Scotty once told me that as he heard the applause as he entered onto the stage and seated at the piano, his whole world changed. Nothing else mattered. Nothing else concerned him. He was on and the sensation of touching the piano keys took him to another dimension. It did much the same to the audience, as his playing enthralled them.

I wish I could describe the music as well as Scotty could, but I can’t. All I know was that I too transcended to another plane as I listened to him play. I was in awe of his talent. I was in awe of his beauty. I was so totally in awe of him being the most wonderful human being: my lover, partner and best friend.

As Scotty played the last note, he held his hands for a moment suspended above the keys, then placed them in his lap, and dropped his head. That momentary respite upon the concerto’s completion was then met with an explosion of applause as the audience bounded to their feet. The crowd was yelling “Bravo, Bravo, Encore!” Scotty stood there for a moment smiling, took his well deserved bows, held his hand toward the conductor, turned to the orchestra and gestured for them to rise. All the while, the audience was going wild and continued to yell “Bravo!” and “Encore!” Scotty accompanied by the conductor left the stage, moments later he returned and the audience still on their feet pleading for an encore. The orchestra also was standing and applauding. After three curtain calls, Scotty gestured for them to be seated and sat at the piano and played yet another technically challenging piece: Dame Myra Hess’ transcription of Bach’s, Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring. The result once he completed this piece was much the same. Another prolonged standing ovation with cheers for more. Scotty was exhausted and with a smile indicated this to the audience. They finally let him exit the stage after four more, rousing curtain calls.

Jerry was elated and overwhelmed as we entered the Green Room where Scotty sat sipping some bottled water. I gently ran my hands through his damp hair and caressed his boyishly cute face. He looked up at me with those beautiful blue eyes and smiled, then slowly got to his feet. I gave him a loving hug and Jerry came over to him and gushed with praise, his feelings about Scotty’s brilliant playing. Tears were streaming down his face as he was moved by Scotty’s performance. Scotty, recomposed, then began to greet others as they came into the Green Room to express their delight and enjoyment of his performance. Twenty minutes later Fair, with Jackie’s help, was showing people politely to the door, explaining Scotty was expected at a reception. Scotty again slumped down into the sofa and asked us to give him a minute and then we would leave. Looking at Jerry, Scotty said he was very happy that he could attend, but was sad that Graham couldn’t be there. Jerry and I both nodded in agreement.

After Jerry again praised Scotty and thanked him for making it possible to have a box seat and inviting him to the Green Room, he bid us good night. We said we would see him before we went back to the States as we still had three more days in Australia.

When Scotty entered the reception with Mr. Challender, the conductor, the entire room stood and gave him another prolonged ovation, and lavished him with more praise. There was no doubt that he would be invited to return. Maestro Challender said that in all his years of conducting he had never heard that concerto played so movingly, so brilliantly, and so perfectly. He went on to add that he had heard it played movingly, brilliantly and perfectly but never all three by one pianist: quite the praise coming from a conductor of his renown. He didn’t give this praise in a crowd of people to stroke Scotty’s ego. He sincerely expressed these in a private moment.

It was late before we could finally take our leave from the reception. Back at our hotel suite, Scotty thanked Fair and Jackie, bade them good night, and said we would see them in the morning, but not early morning he stressed with a smile. Once behind the closed door, I slowly undressed my tired boyfriend, filled the tub with tepid water and went about lovingly washing him. After a relaxing soak in the Jacuzzi, he lay on his back on the bed as I gently ran my hands over his beautifully smooth body, not to elicit sex, just to feel his softness, to help him lose the slight tenseness—to feel connected. I then gently pulled him on top of me and stroked his hair as I caressed him; moments later I heard the soft sounds of his breathing become a gentle snore. All the Larses of the world could never have me feel as I did then: at peace, secure, and in love with my Scotty.

***[ ]***

The next morning I awoke to a wonderful sensation. As I became more aware and looked down, I saw a disheveled head of blond hair bobbing, and then felt his tongue run slowly between my legs. “Ummmm, aren’t we chipper this morning,” as I let out a pleasurable gasp. He mumbled a reply but was too intent at what he was doing to respond understandably. He then raised his head, gave me one of his seductive smiles, and asked, “Do you need to go pee?”

“Yeah and then I can enjoy that better,” I replied.

“Well, hurry back,” he said as he smacked my butt. I didn’t need to be told twice.

“Oh, my God, Scotty, oh yeah, like that, I’m ready, oh yeah, harder.” He leaned in and we started kissing with fervor. With his final deep thrust, I reached a heady climax that splattered all over our chests. I could feel his penis swell as he too spent himself inside me. We lay there for a while to regain our breaths and then relaxed in the afterglow. He still inside me and his head on my chest, I ran my finger tips over his back tracing down his spine to his cute butt and then gently rubbed my hands over his smooth cheeks. I let out a sigh and hugged him tightly. “I love you Scott Anthony Tucker.”

“Good thing, as I plan to be with you for the rest of my life,” he stated and then gave me a kiss and his flaccid penis slipped out of my butt. We showered and then called Fair and mapped out our day.

That morning as we were having a late breakfast, we noticed several of the staff and patrons glancing our way. The diners would then subtly point at us, turn to their companions, and exchange whispered conversation behind cupped hands. We noticed that Fair made a phone call; he then came to our table and handed us the entertainment section of a newspaper and smiled. There staring back at us was a large picture of my tuxedo-clad Scotty standing by a grand piano, along with bold headlines declaring him a ‘musical genius,’ followed by two full-length columns extolling his previous night’s performance. Fair went on to tell us he called Jackie and hoped we didn’t mind being held up a few minutes until she arrived.

When Jackie arrived, they asked that we return to our hotel room to discuss our itinerary. “Mr. Tucker, Mr. Cocchetti, we would like to postpone the Harbour Bridge climb until tomorrow. We need to make some arrangements and there isn’t time to do that for a climb today. We can still go to the Taronga Zoo, as that doesn’t present much of a problem. Additionally, there was nothing in the news article saying you were going to the zoo. There was mention, however, of your intention to climb the Harbour Bridge.” Fair looked at Scotty and me to see our reactions.

“Well Fair, we trust your judgment. Besides, I’m certainly in no rush to climb thousands of feet into the air,” Scotty said. He then looked at me for my input.

“Hey, whatever you and Jackie think is best. It’ll give me time to bolster this chicken’s spirits,” I said with a grin, as I squeezed Scotty’s thigh beneath the table.

They both thanked us for our understanding and cooperation.

***[ ]***

It was a beautiful day to have an outing at Taronga Zoo. We caught the ferry at Circular Quay and cutting across the harbor, we were afforded a spectacular view of the Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House. Scotty winced when I pointed to the Bridge and said, “Just think, tomorrow we’ll be way on top looking down at the Opera House. I bet that’s a great view.”

“I like the view just fine from down here,” he replied.

Looking sympathetically at him I said, “Scotty, if you really don’t want to go, we don’t have to.”

“No, I’ll go. Besides, I’m gonna’ be in front of you as we climb up all those stairs. You’ll catch me if I faint,” he said giving me a devilish smile. I just gave him a quick hug and told him not to worry; he’d do fine, and with a wiggle of my eyebrow, also told him I’d enjoy the view.

An elderly man named Claude Dearson met us at the entrance to the zoo. He was to be our guide. He asked if we would like to do a specific tour, such as seeing just the more exotic animals or perhaps the endangered species or a general tour. Scotty said he didn’t have a preference, as long as he got to pet a Koala. “Oh, I’m sorry young man,” Claude replied, “we do not allow the animals to be touched. However, you will be able to get quite close to them in the Koala walkabout.”

Slightly disappointed with this information, Scotty and I set out to see some very interesting animals. The zoo had the ‘traditional’ animals—lions, tigers and bears—as well as those indigenous to the Australian Continent and surrounding region—platypus, kangaroos, wallabies and quokka and quoll, the latter two are tiny marsupials. Scotty thought they looked like cute miniature kangaroos: I thought they looked like big-eared rats. We both declared we had never seen so many varieties of amphibians before—from the smaller skinks to saltwater crocodiles and the enormous Komodo dragon. Scotty remarked that Billy Farmer would love this zoo, jokingly adding, he’d probably want to take many of the creatures home. Despite his not being able to pet or hold a Koala, Scotty had a very relaxing and wonderful time. We took some great photos of our visit. One was of Scotty cuddling a stuffed Koala I bought for him at the gift shop. That somewhat mollified his not being allowed to pet a real one. It was a long but enjoyable afternoon. Scotty dozed with his head on my shoulder during the thirty-minute ferry ride back to Circular Quay.

Though we had planned to go to the Boys Downunder Disco, Scotty and I told Fair and Jackie, we had decided to stay in and relax. All the walking around in the sun had taken its toll. I was happy we decided not to go out. It had been a while since Scotty and I had been alone for any length of time. The previous seven days preparation for the concert took up a goodly portion of Scotty’s time, so staying in, relaxing in the Jacuzzi, and perhaps catching a movie on television sounded wonderful. Thanking Fair and Jackie and bidding them good night, we put the ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign on the door, closed it, turned the lock and fell into a loving embrace. We lay on the bed for a while and gently kissed, and then decided to lounge in the Jacuzzi. After our soak, Scotty fell asleep with his head on my lap as we watch a movie. It was my idea of an ideal evening. When I grew tired, I picked him up in my arms, placing him beneath the covers. I cuddled in behind him, wrapped him in my arms, and joined him in slumber land.

***[ ]***

Scotty nervously fidgeted as the climbing guide handed him a hardhat. We had just been through an hour-long lecture on what the climb entailed and climbing safety. The guide, Jon, took the lead, Fair followed behind him, and then Scotty, me and Jackie brought up the rear. The climb was to take about two hours and included going up ladders, hundreds of stairs and traversing over uneven walkways and squeezing through narrow passageways. At the top, one of the staff took pictures: climbers were not allowed to carry cameras. Some pictures included all of us, and there were several of Scotty and me as we gazed out over the Harbour taking in the spectacular view. “You were right Bash; this is a great view of the Sydney Opera House. Oh, and look, there’s the Zoo, and our hotel,” he said pointing. “I’m glad I didn’t chicken out and came with you,” he stated.

I hugged him to me and whispered, I was glad he didn’t either. It was a special moment for us to share as the wind whipped through our hair and we enjoyed the panorama of Sydney Harbour.

The descent was a little more harrowing for Scotty than the climb, but he managed quite well and we only had to stop once for him to steady his nerves. He let out a big sigh of relief once we reached the bottom. The guide said he did quite nicely and they at least didn’t have to send a team up to bring him down. I just hugged him, told him I was proud of him and thanked him for going with me. He just smiled and said, “Well, if you don’t mind, I don’t think I want to be climbing higher than ten feet for a while. I like being on terra firma,” as he unsteadily took a few steps.

On the way back to the hotel, we teased Scotty about some of his, for us, amusing trepidating moments: for him intrepidating. He harrumphed and stated, “Okay you brave fools, tomorrow I’ll take you over to the Opera House and you can get up on stage before a crowd of 2,000 and sing a few numbers. Then you can tell me how brave you are and you won’t be thousands of feet in the air, hanging onto a railing for dear life.”

I just pulled him into me and said that he was very brave indeed and it wouldn’t have been the same without him. “But you do have to admit, babe, asking for magnetic shoes and gloves, was funny,” I said with a smile.

We arrived back at the hotel in the late afternoon and told Fair and Jackie that evening we still planned to return to the Boys Downunder Disco. We wanted to arrive around 9:30 or 10:00 PM so we could visit with Jerry before the place got too busy. We made an 8:00 reservation for dinner at the hotel and we’d leave after dining. They said they’d see us at dinner.

As we were sitting in the Jacuzzi going over our trip to that moment and just discussing things in general, Scotty off-handedly said, “Ya’ know Bash, I think we should get one of these in our place. They are really relaxing.”

“Well, I think we’d have to put it outside, ‘cause both of our homes are really old and I’m sure it would be a major construction project, and expensive to put it indoors.”

“No, not at our parents’ homes: our home,” he replied.

It suddenly hit me. Scotty and I had discussed careers, a desire to have children, where we’d go to school, and places we planned to visit. We even agreed upon charities we would support and things we could do to make our world a better place to live. However, we had never discussed where we planned to live. Yeah, we talked about what we thought would be nice houses, but never specifically ‘our own’ place. That and we never really talked about finances.

Looking at Scotty, he noticed my somewhat bewildered expression. “Ya’ know Bash, I just realized, we have never talked about this. Uh, you did want to get our own place didn’t you?”

“Well, sure, I guess. I mean we can’t live with our parents forever. Where did you want to live? I mean, would you like to live in another city, like New York. You, know, for your career?”

“Personally, no, I like living in Cleona. I like the smallness, the sense of community. Most everyone knows me and it’s no big deal who I am. I don’t have to put on pretenses. I can just be myself. Bigger cities are just, well for me they’re too dirty, crowded, and hustly and bustly. What about you?” He inquired.

Relieved by his response, I pulled him to me and gave him a kiss. “I feel the same. I know mom has always said the house would be mine someday, and I guess…Well, living someplace else, never occurred to me. Uh, until we finish college, would you mind moving in with me there? Or would you rather we get an apartment or rent another house?”

“Well, to be honest, I’d like for us to get a place of our very own. There’s a nice two bedroom place over on Maple Street I think would be ideal. That’s only a block and a half away from our parents’ houses.”

Scotty saw the look of apprehension on my face and asked, “What’s the matter Bash? Don’t you want to do that?”

“Uh, well, it’s not that I don’t want to, because I do. It’s, well, I don’t know how I can afford to do that and still go to college.”

“Bash, one, you’ll probably get a full scholarship, two, and I’m only going to say this once and I will not accept any argument from you about it, I am financially well off.” He put up his hand as I started to interrupt. “I said no argument and I mean it, Bash. Unless, you make it big time in sports and can sell your face to be put on Wheaties boxes for millions, I now am financially better off than you. We will share equally in expenses, however, ‘equally’ doesn’t necessarily mean fifty-fifty. Equally means I’m in a position to handle eighty percent of the costs and you twenty percent. So, it’s not like you wouldn’t be making an equitable contribution to our life together. Bash, we’re adults and I realize these are very adult circumstances that we are discussing. Ones we’ve never broached before. I know some people would probably say we are being rash in making such concrete plans at our ages. I say poo-poo to those people. I know what I want and whom I plan to spend the rest of my life with. You are that person, Sebastian Sean Cocchetti.” He leaned in and gave me a kiss that sent chills through my body.

I held him in my arms and whispered in his ear, “Okay, no arguments; and I want to be with you always—forever.”

Wow, that was one heavy conversation. I also knew better than to argue with Scotty. He rarely was demanding, but I could tell by his tone that he would not give an inch on what he had decided. It was comforting and I felt a sense of security, but I still was wrestling with my ego a bit.

Once again, after having made love, Scotty lay on top of me and fell asleep. I, as was my wont, mindlessly stroked his smooth body as I continued thinking about what we had previously discussed. I finally came to be comfortable with his decision knowing the important truth, for us, was to be together.

***[ ]***

Jerry was happy to see us as we strolled into the piano bar. He had a big smile on his face as he jumped up from the piano—mid-song—and gave us both hugs. “I missed you guys last night,” he said.

We explained our day-long trip to the Taronga Zoo and he understood our being tired. We stayed and chatted for a bit and then went to the main room and danced for a while. We ran into several of the people we had met at the beach, Lars included. He even danced with us a few times. We hung around for a while after Jerry finished his stint in the piano bar, danced a few times with him and then we bid everyone a good bye after exchanging addresses and phone numbers and promises to stay in touch. We would be returning home the next day.

Before we entered the car, I had pulled Fair aside to ask him a favor. He nodded his head and said what I had asked would be no problem and a pleasure for him to comply with.

As we drove I reflected on our trip and the discussions we had about our futures. An overwhelming sense of, well of many things really, overcame me. Scotty and I were adults now. Our futures were in our hands. I knew it would be a wonderful future and we would do good, maybe even great things. I could think of no one I’d rather spend my life with or with whom I’d be happier. I saw so much promise for us to have a wonderful and wonder-filled life together.

Scotty gave me a strange look and then said, “Uh, Bash, we’re not heading back to our hotel.”

I nodded with a smile and said, “I know. It’s a surprise.”

I had asked Fair to take us to a romantic spot where we could get a view of Sydney. It was late when we arrived at the Sydney Tower, and because of the lateness, few people were about. It was one of the few times I used Scotty’s status as a ticket to get something accomplished. Fair had called ahead, dropped Scotty’s name, and told the management we wanted to go to the observation level of the tower.

Riding one of the high-speed lifts to the top observation deck, we stared in awe of the beauty of Sydney that lay before us. The moon was full and as we gazed out over the shimmering lights of the city below. I was taking in the beauty of my sweet Scotty as I wrapped him in my loving arms: a light breeze tossled his hair and the moonlight highlighted his countenance. He turned and smiled as he looked up at me with his beautiful blue eyes. As the moonlight illuminated him, it brought a smile to my face as I vividly recalled—this is how it all began.

Copyright © 2011 Steven Keiths; All Rights Reserved.
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

What a lovely way to end their trip to Sydney!

 

 I've heard that Koalas are not really as cuddly as they appear. It's best not to get wild animals get too used to humans in any case. Koalas shouldn't be domesticated and don't make good pets.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..