Jump to content
    Thirdly
  • Author
  • 2,742 Words
  • 2,127 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Forget the Moon! - 14. Chapter 14

When Honey woke up, his first fleeting thought was that something in the oven was burning. He jerked, rising up in the arms holding him. Honey yelped as the top of his head cracked into the chin of the man holding him. The stranger swore, dropping Honey roughly to the hard stone floor. The wolf wasn't able to catch himself, landing hard on one shoulder.

"Jeez, take it easy. Pretty sure we're supposed to get him there in one piece," a second man snapped before crouching next to Honey. "You alright? Hey, we're not going to hurt you. Just talking you from point A to point B," he added when Honey flinched away.

"Which was damn difficult enough with such a heavy freaking charge," the other dragon grumbled.

"Don't be an ass. You can lift up a horse and a little wolf is making you whine like a hatching?"

"We carried him for miles. Even the Diamond dragons don't have that kind of endurance," was the growled response. "Why don't we just take his tubby ass over to the throne room already and get this stupid mission over and done with?"

Honey sucked in a breath, the dragon's words cutting him. He curled into himself, wishing he could disappear. When he looked up, his bright eyes shining with tears Honey fought to hold back, the kinder dragon met his gaze. Honey realized the smokey scent came from the dragons. It wasn't unpleasant or strong but Honey's nose picked it up easily. He noticed the nicer man had more angular features and sky blue hair while the other man, though much meaner, had more handsome features with periwinkle blue hair.

"Knock it off, seriously," the Jeremejevite snapped at his partner. "Can't you see he's scared to death and you're going to take pot shots at him?" He shook his head. "Just look at the poor thing! This isn't right. I told you I had a bad feeling about this job."

"So what?" the periwinkle blue-haired man hissed. "You're gonna go against king and country for the rolly poly?" He gestured angrily towards the blond. "I don't care what he is, he's Prince Jedrek's mate...and that means we finally have a chance at taking those FireOpals down."

Honey scrambled backward as the sky blue dragon snarled and leapt forward to shove the other man hard.

"I told you to stop being cruel! You're only saying it because you think he's pretty and you know you'll never have someone soft and sweet as him. We stole him while he was baking for Abek's sake! Don't be a dick just because you got snared into an arranged betrothal without love!"

"You know what? Fuck him and fuck you, too!" The other one sniped back. His body language displayed signs of ire and aggravation as he pulled off his jacket and began to shift into his dragon form right in front of the other two. "Now, get out of my way!" he rumbled in the deeper tone of voice that resonated from his feral form.

"No," the blue dragon growled, following suit and shifting forms. He placed himself in front of Honey. "I know you're grieving your own freedom and you're angry, but we can't do this. You know it. You'll hate yourself later. We're taking him back to his mate."

Honey crawled further away, afraid to stand and draw attention to himself. Though the sight of the two beasts was impressive, it was also frightening. The two pale shades of blue cast a glow inside the cave that would have been lovely under different circumstances. He found a long, low table holding porcelain figures of dragons and tucked himself beneath it.

"Karas, are you freaking nuts!?" the periwinkle blue-hued dragon countered. "Give him back? Our king will hang us by our balls!" He turned his head towards the cowering figure beneath the table. "He's no one, why are you so bent up about this?"

"He's not no one, Ferrin, he's someone's mate," Karas insisted. "Someone who can bake such wonderful cookies doesn't deserve to go anywhere near our demented king!"

Blue and green flames escaped from Ferrin's snout as his navy blue eyes narrowed. "Fuck it. It's his fate and not ours, and there's nothing you can do to stop me," he decided as he headed his way to the table.

"No!" Karas cried out as he slammed his tail in-between Ferrin and Honey's hiding place.

As Ferrin shoved the tail roughly aside, the edge of it dragged along the corner of the table, causing the porcelain figures to wobble above Honey's head. Karas rushed out in front of Ferrin completely and gave him another shove away from the little wolf. Ferrin glared at the other dragon when he found himself stumbling back.

The sky blue dragon felt hurt that his partner in crime refused to hear him out. They had argued in the past, but never to this extent. But, Karas refused to allow that sentiment to distract him from guarding their charge. "This is wrong and you know it!" He huffed. "Yet, you refuse to do anything about it!"

"Since when do you get to decide to stop following the king's orders, huh?" Ferrin countered as he began to shove the other dragon back with much more strength.

The two massive beasts ended up in an odd combination of a sumo-wrestling match and an arm-wrestling match. When Karas began to weaken, Ferrin pushed harder than ever until the two of them toppled down in a rumbling thud a mere foot beside the table. Ferrin's tail came crashing down hard, not only breaking the porcelain figures on top of the table, but also snapping the wooden slab into two pieces.

Honey cried out, terrified, as everything around him seemed to shatter. He threw his arms over his head as splinters of wood and shards of porcelain pierced him. The exposed skin of his arms and legs took the worst of it. The soft fabric of his loose t-shirt and shorts protected him from the smaller pieces but a few cut through to the flesh beneath. His hands shook as he reached up to grasp a sharp piece of wood larger than his thumb and yanked it from his shoulder. Blood seeped from the small wound, the sight making Honey dizzy.

Then, a bright light akin to a sunbeam appeared in the dark cave as if a hole had torn right through it. But, when Honey looked again, a man stood in the place where the light appeared to be. He was the most beautiful man he had ever seen, with eyes that seemed to change from one color to the next. His hand was outstretched towards the two dragons on the floor, and it seemed to be freezing the two of them in place.

"You are safe now, my child," Ra explained in a softened voice, one that he rarely used. He reached down a hand for the young wolf to take. "Come, allow me to heal you, little one."

"It hurts…" Honey whimpered, the pain flaring as he saw the cuts and pieces stabbing into the arm he lifted to the god standing like a fierce guardian above him.

Ra wasted no time in sending a wave of healing through Honey from the mere contact of his hand alone. He was overcome with the urge to pet the young wolf, but forced himself not to touch him more than what was necessary. The blond was still in a state of shock, after all.

"Does it still hurt?" the rainbow-eyed god asked gently.

"No…I…" Honey looked down at himself. The porcelain and splinters fell from his skin, which was whole. Blood smeared his skin and clothes, but the damage to his body had been perfectly repaired. "Thank you, Lord." He lowered his eyes submissively. "I can't…I know so many others are more worthy of the gods' help than I am. I don't know how to show my thanks."

"You've been watched over by many gods, little wolf," Ra confessed. "We've had to force ourselves to turn a blind eye to some of the less dangerous situations you've been in...but, this particular instance should have never happened," He stated as he aimed his godly tone towards the two dragons that were still firmly pinned to the ground.

The god of light let out a sigh. "Forgive them, Honey," he insisted. "Those two stubborn brats may appear to hate one another, but they are each other's mates through and through. Do you want to know how I know?"

Honey gave a tremulous nod.

"Because they share the same soul," Ra whispered as if he were sharing some big secret. He finally let go of his hold on the dragons, causing Ferrin's snout to press against Karas's. The periwinkle dragon then scampered away in embarrassment. "Just as yours is shared with Prince Jedrek's."

The sound of someone being scolded echoed in the cave walls and the god Abek himself walked up to them, holding sharply to the Jeremejevite king's ear. "Lord Ra!" Abek gasped. He immediately looked to Honey and back again. "I was going to bring him back safe, honest!"

"I know, Abek," Ra responded, frowning as he glanced down at the blond wolf. "I know it's a disappointment, but I strongly feel that Honey Arlo Mae should be returned to his mate and the two of them should return him to his home. These lands are far too dangerous for him and he sorely needs to be comforted."

Abek immediately let go of the king's ear as tears brimmed in his immortal orange eyes. "B-but, but, but…!" He whined like a child. "But, I can protect him...we can protect him, must you take away our first ever wolf Omega?"

"Honey may come to visit with his prince, but it would be best that they not take up permanent residence here," Ra insisted. He held up a hand when Abek reared up to complain again. "You will have the opportunity to have more wolf Omegas in the near future, I swear it."

The god Abek took a deep, shuddering breath and let it out, slumping his shoulders as his braided green hair swung down. "Understood, Lord Ra."

"I will bring him to his prince," Ra added. "In the meantime, see to it that these two brats behind me are mated properly."

"Well, you heard him…" Were the last words that Honey heard Lord Abek say before they were teleported away from the cave.

::::::::::

Honey flinched when he suddenly found himself in a new, unknown room. He tucked himself behind Ra's back, sure that someone was going to jump out and attack him to try to drag him back to the king his kidnappers had been talking about.

The blond Omega was scared, dirty, dressed in bloody and torn sleep wear, and extremely confused.

"Lord Ra!"

"Honey?"

Jedrek immediately turned when he heard Regan calling out his mate's name. The brown-haired Omega was already all over Honey, which initially caused his inner beast to grumble, but the relief he felt was far greater than that. He rushed over and deftly maneuvered Regan towards Gideon so that he could look over his own mate.

"Honey, are you hurt anywhere? Is it safe to hold you?" Jedrek fretted as he inspected the Omega from head to toe. "Is that blood?"

"It's okay!" Honey grabbed his mate, hugging tight as he fought not to sob with relief. "There was a lot more before. I'm feeling much better now." Honey patted Jedrek's cheek. "Sorry, you don't look like that helps. Ra healed me! I ruined your shirt though." He tugged that the fabric that had once been Jedrek's and that Honey had appropriated. "I'm really sorry. Please, don't be mad."

"Mad?" Jedrek gasped incredulously. He reached down to lift the Omega into his arms bridal-style. "The only kind of 'mad' I feel is 'mad with relief.' I was so afraid of something happening to you…" His tone of voice, normally deep and steady, actually cracked towards the end. With Honey still in his arms, he gave Ra a respectful bow. "Lord Ra, thank you for finding and healing Honey. And forgive my foolishness over being mates."

"If you truly feel contrite, then make certain that I never have to come down again to intervene on the sweet one's behalf," Ra emphasized with an authoritative tone of voice. He finally gave in to the urge and reached out to gently pet the blond in Jed's arms. "He is a favorite of the gods...many of them."

Jedrek gave the god a firm nod as Honey blinked in startled wonder at the god's words. Ra then walked over to Gideon and Regan. The Omega was ready to rush over and give the god a hug, but Gideon blocked him in a protective manner.

"Step aside, Gideon. Allow him to greet me as he wishes," Ra urged.

When Gideon reluctantly moved aside, Regan all but threw himself at the god of light. "You saved Honey and brought him back!" The amber-eyed wolf exclaimed. "I'm gonna visit one of your temples and shine up every statue there in thanks!"

Ra, however, knew Regan quite well. The chore-clumsy Omega was more likely to destroy one of his statues in his attempt to clean it. He gave the top of curly, brown locks a gentle pat. "No, my child. If you truly wish to thank me, I would prefer that both you and your mate take the time to listen to one another more. You may both share the same stubborn soul, but you shouldn't allow it to blind you too often."

He turned towards Gideon. "What has worked traditionally in the past may not be what the present needs," Ra advised. "Do not allow tradition to keep you from understanding what your mate is really asking of you."

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to remind the king that he is not really losing his favorite son to the wolves," Ra concluded with a sigh.

When Ra left, Regan looked up at his mate. "He's right...I haven't been making myself clear enough," he began. "I understand now that not all Omegas are the same." He glanced towards Jedrek and his blond friend. "Some Omegas are like Honey, that need and want protection. But, Gideon, some Omegas are like me...I will go nuts if I'm cooped up in the house all day until you come home from work. I want to work, too. Something small and simple like a part-time. It would allow me to see you off in the mornings and to be there to greet you when you come home.

"I love you," Regan confessed. Though he had wanted to deny that truth, it didn't change the fact that it was how he truly felt. "Getting a job doesn't mean that I don't want to spend as much time with you as possible. I just want to feel that I'm being productive, like you," he explained. "It would damage me to stay in the house without you and with nothing to do for such a long stretch of time. I ask that you trust me the way that I've grown to trust you."

"And, like it or not, the world continues to change," Regan added. "I know it's hard for you to think about Omegas living independently...but, they should have that option. What if they have no family left? What if their family treated them terribly? There are many reasons for an Omega to want to live on their own...at least until they find their mates."

"I love you," Gideon said softly, pressing a kiss to his mate's forehead. "I can't promise to not want to cosset you and keep you tucked safely in my bed. But I can do my best to give you freedom, the things you need. You're right, you're different from the very domestic Omegas I'd always thought of. There's a strength in the Omegas that I was a fool not to see before, whether they are like Honey or like you." Gideon cupped Regan's cheek tenderly. "And I'm finding that a less traditional mate is perfect for me, as long as it's you."

Regan's smile was downright blinding in its intensity. "So, how about that chase involving us in our wolf forms…?"

Copyright © 2019 Thirdly, HinderToyBL, Rambling Robin; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 13
  • Love 20
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

LOL, it took a major god to make Jedrek accept his mate, and Gideon and Regan talk to each other. Says all about how silly and stubborn they were. I like how Regan was clever enough to get his say in first. If Gideon doesn't behave, he can always threaten to petition Lord Ra for help. :lol: 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

LOL, it took a major god to make Jedrek accept his mate, and Gideon and Regan talk to each other. Says all about how silly and stubborn they were. I like how Regan was clever enough to get his say in first. If Gideon doesn't behave, he can always threaten to petition Lord Ra for help. :lol: 

Technically, it took someone stealing Honey for Jed to accept his mate. The divine intervention was more sorely needed for Gid and Reg. XD

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Damn notifications! A new chapter was up and I didn't know!!!!! Loved this chapter! Now some dragons are getting busy

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Wesley8890 said:

Damn notifications! A new chapter was up and I didn't know!!!!! Loved this chapter! Now some dragons are getting busy

LMAO! Didn't think about it that way, but totally true!

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Brokenbind said:

I wonder when Abek will get his wish?  Are you setting us up for another story..?  (Pleeeeze..?)

LMAO! Yes and no. While there is still more to this story that we have to wrap up (it's not done just yet), we do have the "real" CTM sequel to eventually work on. I am also going to be playing around with a solo dragon story of my own while I'm on this week-long break, though it probably won't be in the same "universe" as this one. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..