Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Love Is Everything - 11. Chapter 11

Emily pulled into the skating rink's lot and was surprised to find a spot free beside Joey's Mustang. She carefully maneuvered her Silver Dodge Ram into the small parking space. A smile came across her face when she grabbed her skates and felt the people's excitement and joy fill her spirit as they engaged in the popular winter activity.

Joey and Tyler waited for Emily on a bench outside of the skating area. The elder of the pair was getting ready to remove his sneakers and didn't hear the youth's soft snickers or see the mischievous look in his bright, sparkling eyes. Tyler periodically placed his bare hands on the cold metal bench as part of the plot he'd formed.

As Joey bent over to slip his red and green snowman-decorated sock-clad foot into one of the skates, the hem of his leather jacket and the two shirts under it rose and bared his sides. Suddenly, he felt a pair of ice-cold hands latch onto his warm bare skin, and ten slender fingers tickled the vulnerable spot. His body jerked, then fell off the bench. Simultaneously he let out a shrill, high-pitched squeal, followed by a string of giggles. Everyone in earshot turned and chuckled as they beheld the cute scene, Emily included.

"Shit, Ty, that's cold and tihihickles," the brunet screeched as he quickly pulled his nephew's hands from his ticklish spot.

Emily shook her head, giggled, then said, "well, I don't have to ask how two of my favorite boys are today." She leaned over, kissed Joey's and Tyler's cheeks, and then sat on the bench to put her skates on.

Tyler smirked and said, "You'd better be careful, Auntie Emily. These benches are slick. Just ask Uncle Joey." He squealed and uselessly struggled against the growling man when he was trapped in a headlock and treated to a noogie.

Joey and Emily glanced into each other's eyes as they digested the boy calling Emily his aunt.

"When did my moniker change from Miss to Auntie, Ty?" Emily asked as she pulled the boy onto her lap and embraced him.

"Oops," Tyler hesitantly said just before he covered his mouth with his hands.

Joey got himself together, sat beside the pair, then smiled as he kissed and wrapped his arm around the brunette and his nephew. "Tyler's hoping that we'll become a couple and that your brother and parents will be his uncle and another set of grandparents," he said.

Emily softly inhaled and lightly stroked her fingers along the youth's hair. "That's a very intriguing, thought-inspiring hope, young man," she paused and gazed into Joey's soft loving eyes. "Is Tyler the only one hoping we become a couple?"

The brunet slightly blushed, then responded with a sureness in his tone, "No, he's not the only one with that hope."

The adults locked eyes as they nodded their heads in sync. Once the silent agreement to revisit the conversation about a relationship was made, Joey and Emily made their way onto the ice with the other skaters, followed by Tyler. Joey proved to be one of the best skaters at the rink. He surprised his two mates by executing fast, tight spins and high, perfectly landed jumps. A couple of hours later, they were all ready for lunch.

Joey and Tyler followed Emily to Charlie's Grill and Bar, a local restaurant known for its bbq ribs and burgers. The adults walked across the parking lot with Tyler between them, holding the boy's hands. Joey grinned as he slightly bowed when he opened the door for his companions. Tyler rolled his eyes and shook his head. Emily batted her eyes, flipped her hair, and softly giggled as she led the two young men inside.

The establishment was festively decorated. Multicolored lights were hung along the ceiling and outlined the booths, and wreaths with white lights wrapped around them were on every wall between the windows. The staff was filled with cheer and excitement, and they sported an assortment of elf and Santa hats. Although the restaurant was bustling with customers, the trio got seated within five minutes.

After giving the waiter their orders, Emily, Joey, and Tyler relaxed in the cushioned seats, then fell into a comfortable conversation. During the exchange, Joey learned just how interested in the young lady he was and couldn't deny the desire to be closer to her. Emily talked about her job as a deputy and her self-owned business that cleaned up crime scenes. Joey regaled his table mates with stories of doing his own stunts, also how he and James met Keith. At one point, Tyler announced his need for the bathroom and took the opportunity to put into practice what he'd been taught about being observant. This action didn't go unnoticed by Joey, and it made him smile with pride.

Emily smiled, gently took hold of Joey's hand, then asked, "what are your thoughts on the future?”

Joey momentarily closed his eyes, then responded, "I'm considering moving back here."

"I'm not conceited or feel like the center of anyone's universe, but..." Emily paused, "am I part of the decision?"

Joey took a sip of his Pepsi, then nodded. "You're a big part of my decision, but the main reason is I miss my family. Even more, now that Ty's come into our lives," he paused and wiped his tears. "I don't wanna be that uncle who only shows up every now and then and sees his nephew grow up in pictures."

"I love you too, Uncle Joey," Tyler said as he climbed into his uncle's lap, hugged him, and kissed his cheek.

"Back atcha, baby boy," Joey responded as he returned the boy's affection.

When the food was brought to the table, the trio settled down and had an enjoyable and leisurely meal.

Before leaving, Emily and the boys were standing outside her truck.

Tyler was cradled in his uncle's arms and instantly recognized a man who was rapidly approaching them. "Uncle Joey, Emily, look out," he warned.

Joey didn't have time to react before a fist forcefully collided with the side of his head. The assailant, Bill Harper, was a man obsessed with Emily.

"BILL, WHAT THE FUCK," Emily hollered.

Joey's first instinct was to shield his nephew as much as possible, then deal with the rest afterward. The Italian passed Tyler over to Emily for safekeeping. At the same time, he was taking the brunt of the continuous attack. He grunted and fought to push back the pain from the pummeling as he desperately tried not to fall to his knees. As soon as he knew his boy was in Emily's arms, he retaliated and grabbed the other man's hands. He ensured his fingers were pressing into the soft middle part of the man's wrists. Bill yelled out in pain as he tried pulling free of the vice-like grip. A big enough ruckus had been made that a couple guys walking through the parking lot subdued the offender while the manager called the police.

Tyler's eyes narrowed, and he glared at the struggling man. Without fear or hesitation, the boy escaped Emily's hold on him and approached Bill. Quickly, he kneed Bill in the nuts, then loudly said, "don't ever touch my Uncle Joey or Emily again. My Dads have a protective order against you, which includes me, and you've just broken that order."

Instinctively, the men who witnessed Tyler's actions grabbed their cocks and moaned. Joey was one of them. Emily opened her truck, retrieved the handcuffs, and read Bill his rights as she cuffed him. When the sheriff arrived, he took statements, replaced the handcuffs with his, handed the other pair back to Emily, walked Bill over to the patrol car, and left for the police station.

"Umm, is all our time together gonna be so exciting?" Joey asked while lightly massaging his jaw and ribs.

Emily giggled and softly kissed Tyler and Joey's cheeks. "Thanks for being my heroes."

Both uncle and nephew blushed from the praise.

Hope you guys liked the chapter and the bit of excitement I threw in. I really had fun writing it.
As always thanks for taking the time to read, react to, and comment on my efforts.
Love y'all
Copyright © 2022 Ajbt2001; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Love 14
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

8 hours ago, VBlew said:

That was a crazy end to what had been a great time out. Bill needs some anger  management it seems

I've been wanting to work some friction into this story, but in the spirit of the holidays, I didn't want it to be too harmful or scarring. Bill provided the perfect solution. :)

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
43 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

A lovely feel good chapter, with a great time out at the rink.

Looks like Emily and Joey might be headed for an awesomely romantic holiday. And, I love Tyler's personality and desire to see his new uncle happy and in love. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Doha said:

An action-filled chapter. Emily and Joey are falling in love 🥰.  Brave Ty.

He's the perfect sidekick for Joey. LOL

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..