Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Love Is Everything - 4. Chapter 4

The door to James' bedroom opened, and Tyler's tear-stained face peeked inside. The boy quietly made his way to the bed and climbed under the covers beside his Uncle's slumbering body.

When he felt the mattress move, the brunet's eyes slowly opened. "Mmm, you okay, baby boy?" Joey softly whispered as he pulled the shivering boy closer to him.

"I had a bad dream," Tyler responded between his light sniffles.

"It's okay, Ty. Everyone has bad dreams, even Uncles," Joey stated with a soft chuckle.

"Really?"

"Yep, the trick is to remember, the dream's not real." Joey paused and kissed Tyler's forehead. "Ya wanna stay with us?"

"Yeah, you might need me in case you have another bad dream," Tyler giggled and kissed Joey's nose.

"You're lucky it's late, or else I'd tickle you for that one, kiddo."

The blonde raised his head and kissed his Uncle's chin. "I wuv you, Uncah Joey," he said in an even younger boy's voice.

"Go to sleep, ya little imp," Joey chuckled, then kissed Tyler's head. "I wuv you too, Ty."

James smiled at the exchange between Joey and Tyler before going back to sleep. About three hours later, his internal clock woke him up just as dawn broke. He sat up, stretched, and smiled when he saw his son curled against his brother. The brunet quickly snapped a couple pics with his phone, then headed for the bathroom. Next, he walked downstairs and into the kitchen, where he started a pot of coffee and began making breakfast.

"Good morning Daddy," Tyler said just before he wrapped his arms around the taller man's waist.

James chuckled as he lifted the barefoot, Spider-Man PJ-clad ten-year-old into his arms and kissed his boy's cheek. "Good morning, baby boy. Did you sleep well?"

Tyler cuddled against his dad, then with a straight face and uninterrupted delivery, said, "yep, except Uncle Joey woke me up 'cause he had a nightmare and wanted me to sleep with you guys."

James shook his head and cracked up with boisterous laughter as he set his boy back on the floor. "Oh, Uncle Joey woke you up with a nightmare, huh?" The brunet asked as he continued chuckling and finished cooking.

Tyler giggled and nodded. His eyes sparkled with the unblemished joy and innocence associated with youth. He stepped over to the fridge, opened the door, and retrieved a small orange juice carton. Then he looked up and smiled at his dad. "May I have a small glass?"

James smiled and nodded as he opened the cabinet door, got a glass, and handed it to his son. He chuckled and ruffled the blonde locks just before the boy happily skipped to the table. The jubilant brunet suddenly jumped and emitted a screechy yelp that morphed into boyish giggles. "Joooeeeeyyyy, that tickles," he protested after his brother's tickle attack on his unprotected sides.

Joey giggled as he wrapped his arms around his brother and kissed his cheek. "Just testing your reflexes, big bro. Ya know, those things start to go as you get older."

James playfully growled at the younger brunet, then ruffled his hair, kissed his cheek, and smirked as he asked. "So, which nightmare did ya have, baby bro?" The look on his brother's face caused him to double over, laughing. The laughter increased when he saw Tyler cringe and start crawling under the table.

"What nightmare are ya talking about, bro?"

"Umm, the one Ty said you had that woke him up and made him sleep with us last night." James casually responded as he turned the stove off and pulled the plates from the cabinet.

Joey got on his knees, grabbed his nephew's ankles, and pulled the squirmy boy from under the table. "My nightmare, huh?" he asked as he trapped Tyler's ankles in the crook of his arm and proceeded to tickle the pair of wriggling feet and scrunching toes.

Tyler's squeals and laughter echoed through the house as he was thrust into hysterical oblivion. His legs kicked as he tried in vain to escape. "It was my nightmare," the blonde kid screeched after a minute or two of his Uncle's ticklish assault.

Joey chuckled and released his prey. He spun the giggling boy around, wrapped his arms around him, and kissed his cheek. "I love you, kid."

Tyler closed his eyes and angelically smiled, "Love ya too, Uncle Joey. You're just as fun as my dads are." He wrapped his arms around the older man's neck and held on tight as he was lifted and set in his chair.

The trio finished breakfast. Afterward, Tyler ran upstairs to shower while Joey and James cleaned the kitchen and put the dishes in the dishwasher. Then the pair sat on the couch and waited for Keith's segment to start.

James smiled, wrapped his arm around his brother's shoulders, and cuddled against him. "I just wanted to tell you I heard you and Ty last night. You were perfect with calming him after his nightmare."

Joey looked at his brother, wiped the tears that welled in his eyes, and laid his head on the older brunet's shoulder. "Thanks, James. That really means a lot coming from you." He paused, "Although I did learn from you, Mom, and Dad."

"Aww, that's sweet," James said as he wiggled his fingers along his brother's armpit hollow.

Instantly, Joey's body squirmed, and laughter flowed from behind his lips. "C'mon, Jamesey, not the pit," he protested.

"Whaddya talk? I gotta keep the brotherly hierarchy intact," James said with a chuckle. "Oh, before I forget. There's a Christmas party at the Community center this weekend, and we're all invited, including you, Mom, and Dad if ya wanna go."

Joey's eyes sparkled with excitement. "That sounds like fun. I'm totally going."

"I'll be giving the RSVP later today. Mom and Dad confirmed when I talked to them a couple of days ago."

Just before Keith's segment started, Tyler bounded down the steps, jubilantly ran into the living room, and jumped onto James' and Joey's laps. The blonde squealed, giggled, and squirmed as he was the subject of a double tickle attack. Finally, the two overgrown boys and the actual boy settled down and watched the show. Tyler pleasantly surprised Keith by calling into the show when they announced they were taking callers. The boy had everyone under his spell and laughing by the time he hung up. When the segment ended, Joey went upstairs to get ready to take Tyler to the park and then shopping. The pair were given a healthy dose of hugs and kisses before leaving the house.

"Now, don't forget to lock up, don't talk to strangers, and don't burn the house down, Dad," Tyler said. He giggled and ran to Joey's car before his dad could catch him.

This was a fun chapter to write. I love seeing the growing relationship and bond between Joey and Ty, they're so cute together. :) 
Thanks as always for reading, reacting, and commenting. 
Love y'all
Copyright © 2022 Ajbt2001; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Love 17
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 11/11/2022 at 8:07 AM, chris191070 said:

Awesome chapter. The family has so much love to share.

 

12 hours ago, VBlew said:

So much love.

Thanks @chris191070 and @VBlew this story's been a blast to write so far. I hope you'll continue to enjoy the fun and loving spirit of this effort. 

With all the negativity and uncertainty in the world today, I decided to write a more positive, loving, and hopefully heartwarming story. It's really amazing to see these guys come alive with each new chapter.

  • Love 4
Link to comment

A truly love filled family. Wonderful. 

Still pondering the red haired women. 

Edited by Doha
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..