Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Love Is Everything - 7. Chapter 7

Keith sat in his office, looking out the window at the falling snow. He was enjoying something that didn't happen very often, an afternoon alone. Pat and Art were with his Aunt Pam, while Joey, James, and Tyler were at the park. For the first hour, the young author started coming up with ideas for his next book. Then, his mind drifted to his childhood and the holidays he'd spent in the manor with his family. He chuckled when he conjured the memories of him and his brother, Travis, chasing each other as they pretended the tinsel was rope and that they were cowboys.

Next, he saw the day Tyler was born. Tears welled in his eyes at the image of his parents, looking so happy and proud they had a grandson. Keith's cheeks glittered from the diamond-like teardrops as he remembered holding his newborn nephew and seeing the light sparkling in the baby's eyes. From that moment, there wasn't a day that the young man didn't thank God for being a part of Tyler's world and sharing in his love.

The black leather chair softly squeaked as the redhead leaned back and placed his hands behind his head. He'd just closed his eyes when he got a sudden spark of an idea. The new thought made him so giddy that Keith jumped out of the chair, giggled boyishly, and did his happy dance. As soon as the outburst was over, he blushed and self-consciously looked around to make sure no one saw him, then he chuckled at that action. He just hoped James and the rest of the family would be okay with what he came up with. His next move was to call a friend of his and James' who could do what Keith needed. When he connected with their friend, the author made tentative plans. After hanging up, he sighed and returned to doing research on his next book.

"Damn, who knew my ten-year-old nephew would be such an awesome wingman," Joey said as he, James, and Tyler got out of Keith's Santa Fe and walked into the house.

"Lucy, we're home," Tyler called out as he and the two men removed their shoes at the door and walked into the living room.

"Ahh, I see you've brought Fred and Ethel with ya," Keith said with a smirk. His boisterous laughter filled the house as the trio tackled and tickled him into admitting they were the best son and brothers in the world. "So, what's this about my kid being an awesome wingman?" he asked after everyone settled down.

"Babe, the kid's got mad game," James said with a chuckle after he went to the kitchen. Then a few minutes later, he returned with three mugs of steaming hot chocolate.

Joey let out a boyish giggly squeal after Keith reached over and tickled his side. "Thanks, bro," he said when James handed him a mug. The young man lightly blew on the hot liquid, then took a sip. "Your son's got a boyfriend, and a girlfriend, whom he says are content to wait for him to decide what gender he likes best. What's even crazier is they agreed."

"Oh sure, when he's a player, he's my son," Keith said as he gazed at his proudly smiling son. "Ty, you don't do anything with anyone... till we have the birds and bees talk." He paused and shook his head. "Wait, where does the wingman fit in?"

James chuckled and said, "Ty got our baby bro a date."

"With whom?"

"With Emily," James responded.

"Emily…"

"Miss Emily, my tutor," Tyler stated after sipping his hot chocolate. "I had to do something. Uncle Joey just sat there with his lips moving and nothing coming out. So, I asked Miss Emily if she wanted to go to the party with my adorably fun Uncle Joey." The boy kicked his legs and giggled when Joey playfully growled at him and tickled his pound puppy ankle sock-clad feet.

Keith pulled Tyler onto his lap, wrapped his arms around the ten-year-old, and blew raspberries on his neck while the boy squealed and wriggled. "Good call, kid, and nice lookin' out for your Uncle." He chuckled, kissed his son, then playfully smacked his kid's butt as the boy hugged him and got down.

Tyler hugged his other dad and uncle before running up to his room.

"He's growing up way too fast," James said with a chuckle as he shook his head. He softly grunted when his younger mate jumped onto his lap, wrapped his arms around his neck, and kissed his cheek.

Joey pulled his brother-in-law's legs onto his lap, then rapidly ran his fingernails up and down the redhead's bare soles while James tickled his sides. Keith's toes scrunched, and he struggled uselessly as his laughter bounced off the home's walls. The pair ceased their tickle attack. Then they embraced and kissed the recovering redhead.

"Umm, I kinda had a crazy idea while you guys were gone," Keith said as he laid his head on James' chest.

The brothers looked at him with great interest.

"Babe, whaddya say to us getting married... on New Year's Eve?"

James stared into his lover's eyes. "You really wanna wait till next year to get married?"

The lightbulb in Joey's head went off, and he gasped. "Bro, I think he means this New Year's Eve, as in the thirty-first of this month."

James' mouth dropped as he gazed into Keith's glittery, unwavering eyes. "Keith, what about a guest list, a venue, an officiate, the food, and most importantly, our rings?"

Keith stared into James' eyes and kissed his lips. "James, the only people I need are already here. The food can still be taken care of, we can go shopping for rings tomorrow, and I've already tentatively asked Paul to marry us. Babe, I only need you and our family as attendants. Please, say yes," Keith managed to say before the tears and sniffles started.

"As long as you're happy, so am I... So, yes, babe. We'll get married this New Year's Eve," James said as he wiped his and Keith's tears before passionately kissing his mate.

"Joey, will you be our best man?" Keith and James asked in unison.

"Gee, I don't know. I'll have to get back to ya," Joey said just before he was held down and tickled by his brothers. "Okay, okay, yes. As if I'd ever say no to my big bros."

The trio whooped and hollered as they shared a group hug and kiss.

"What's going on?" Tyler asked as he bounded down the steps.

"Daddy-Keith and I are getting married at the end of the month, on New Year's Eve," James said as he grabbed the blonde boy's waist and hefted the giggling youth over his shoulder. "You wanna be our ring bearer?"

"Yeah, that sounds soooo cool," Tyler squealed as he was spun around in a circle.

"I'm their best man," Joey said as he jumped up and down with excitement.

Tyler got a confused look on his face. "You can't be the best man, Uncle Joey," he said.

The older men turned and looked at their boy, "Why not?" They asked in unison.

"Cause Uncle Joey already said the two of us are the puppy squad and won't ever grow up," Tyler said before innocently giggling.

Joey grinned as he charged the boy, tackled him onto the sofa, and attacked his squealing nephew with pillows.

"Big brother and Dad power," Keith and James hollered as they jumped on the pair and started a tickle fight that ended with all of them getting sweaty and giggly.

Once they all recovered, Tyler and Joey straightened up the mess while Keith and James went to confirm the wedding plan with Paul. A few minutes later, Art walked into the room without Pat.

"Hey, you guys are sure in a great mood," he said as he received hugs and kisses from his three sons and grandson.

"It's been an awesome day, Dad," James said.

"Where's Mom?" Keith asked as he handed Art a mixed drink.

"Thanks, son. She's staying with Pam, then the two of them are going dress shopping for the party. They'll be back tomorrow afternoon."

"Sweet, we'll have a boy's night in," Joey announced as he jumped in his dad's lap and blew a raspberry on the older man's cheek. He screeched and cackled when his dad retaliated by tickling his sides and armpit hollows.

"So, boys, what's made the day so awesome?" Art asked after he and Joey settled down, and he held Tyler in his lap.

The patriarch listened as James and Joey recounted the day's events, with some input from Tyler. Tears streamed down Art's face from laughing so hard by the end of the tale.

I'm really glad you guys are enjoying this story. Thanks for the comments and ratings. :) 
Love y'all
Copyright © 2022 Ajbt2001; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Love 14
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..