Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Love Is Everything - 2. Chapter 2

Joey makes his trip to Massachusetts.

In New York, a couple of feet past the Brooklyn Bridge, a helicopter hovered over a speed boat as the pilot maneuvered the chopper to avoid the flying bullets being shot at it. Bystanders gasped and pointed at the man hanging from the bar. Hands flew to the open mouths as he let go and dropped onto the boat below. As soon as he landed, the muscular brunet started throwing punches and ducking gunshots as he powered his way through the four or five guys protecting the driver. After another few minutes of fighting, the man who dropped in successfully gained control of the vessel.

"Cut, that's a wrap, guys," the gruff director's voice boomed over the loudspeaker. "Amazing job on your stunts, Joey."

"Thanks, Greg, it's been fun," Joey Covington said as he climbed out of the boat and stepped onto the dock. The twenty-two-year-old stunt man/actor got a thrill from doing his own stunts and was all smiles as he finished the final scene of the first movie he was starring in as the lead.

He congratulated and thanked the cast, crew, and everyone who worked on the project. Joey gave the men and women hugs as he wished them a Merry Christmas. As much as he loved his career, it was nothing compared to the excitement and joy he experienced spending the holiday with his family. The Italian couldn't wait to physically meet his new nephew, and Joey was determined to be the best Uncle who's lived, at least in Tyler's world. The young man jumped on his Harley, put his helmet on, and headed for his two-bedroom Penthouse apartment. Once there, he did a final walk-through, grabbed his backpack, locked the door, put his motorcycle in the parking space, and locked it.

Excitedly, he got in his black with red stripes Mustang and, with a big, bright smile, headed for Massachusetts. As the muscle car roared down the surprisingly sparsely populated highway, Joey's thoughts drifted to his family and their undying love for one another. His first thoughts centered on his brothers, well brother, and soon-to-be brother-in-law. When he was a kid, James was so strong and protective of him that it was like he was an invincible hero. The fact that his brother was gay never bothered Joey. In all actuality, that made him feel better because it meant there were more girls for him to pursue. That thought made the brunet chuckle to himself.

Next, he thought about meeting Keith. He and James met the writer at the same time. On a rare occurrence, both brothers were cast in a movie based on one of his books. James was the lead, and unsurprisingly, Joey was his stunt double. Another chuckle left the young man's lips as he recalled the playful taunting he gave his older brother because he didn't do the stunts. Keith was a cool guy and energetic. He could tell that his brother was smitten with the redhead. Joey enabled his Bluetooth and called James.

"Hey, little brother. Ya almost here?"

"I'm about twenty minutes from Boston and thought about dropping in on my redheaded bro. Do you know where he's staying?" The excitement in his brother's voice made Joey smile.

"Dude! Keith will love seeing you. Ya want me to call him and let him know you're coming?"

"Nah, I wanted to surprise him." Joey checked behind him and merged into the right-hand lane.

"He's staying at The English Inn, room one-eighty-three."

"Awesome! I'm really excited about seeing you and meeting Tyler," Joey said as he got on the exit ramp to Boston.

"Hurry your ass up and get here then,' James said with a chuckle.

"Be there soon enough, big bro. I love ya." Joey quickly wiped the tears from his eyes.

"Love ya too, Joey. Be safe, and tell my baby boy I love him."

"I will, James." Joey ended the call and pulled over to the side of the road to get directions to the inn.

It seemed like the traffic light took forever to change when the brunet turned into the establishment's parking lot. Joey's boyish giggles filled the car as he found his brother's SUV and parked beside the vehicle. He stretched after locking the Mustang's door, then ran/skipped his way up to Keith's room. After taking a minute to compose himself, Joey knocked on the door, then bounced up and down on the balls of his sneaker-clad feet as he waited for an answer.

"Who is it?" Keith asked from behind the door.

"Special delivery singing telegram," Joey responded while trying to stifle his giggles.

"What the..." Keith started to say as he opened the door.

"You'll be swell. You'll be great. Everything's coming up roses cause I came to see you." Joey excitedly sang as Keith fell against the door in hysterical laughter.

"Get your crazy ass in here, ya goofball," Keith said when he was able to speak.

The six-foot-tall brunet grinned like the Cheshire cat, ran inside, grabbed the shorter man in a bear hug that lifted him off the floor, and twirled his older brother in a circle as they giggled like schoolboys.

"I've missed ya, bro," Keith said as he wiped the tears from his eyes and kissed Joey's cheek.

"I missed you too," Joey responded and returned the kiss after wiping the tears from his eyes.

Keith led his brother to the small table by the window. He grabbed two cans of Pepsi from the minibar's fridge, handed one to his guest, and sat on the bed. Joey sat in the chair that faced the redhead.

"So, how's being a Dad?" Joey asked after thanking Keith for the soda.

"Man, it's a sobering experience. Watching Ty come out of his shell and embrace James and me as his dads are indescribable."

"I can't wait to meet the little guy. He's fun to talk to on the phone. Mom and Dad are excited to get to know the kid."

Keith smiled and softly chuckled. "He said this morning that he was excited and nervous about meeting the three of you in person."

"Why was he nervous?"

"He thought there was a chance that y'all might not like him."

"Dude, that's nuts. We're crazy about the boy. I'm sooo totally looking forward to hanging out with him and being the most amazing Uncle in existence."

Keith giggled at his younger brother's almost childlike excitement. "You two are gonna be inseparable. We told him you wouldn't let him out of your sight."

"You got that right, bro." Joey giggled and sipped his drink.

He and Keith visited a little bit longer, then Joey embraced his brother, kissed his cheek, and left to meet Tyler. When he was a block from the house, he called the house.

"Yo! Where are ya? Ty's going crazy waiting for ya, little bro." James said when he answered the cell phone.

"I'm a block away. Make sure you have Ty answer the door."

"Okay, see ya in a minute then." James ended the call and chuckled as he wondered how Joey was gonna introduce himself to his nephew. He made sure his phone was ready to record the meeting.

On the way from Boston, Joey stopped and changed into a soldier's costume like in the Nutcracker Ballet. He parked the Mustang, got out, put his hat on, walked up to the house, and rang the doorbell.

"Ty, can you get the door, bud?"

"Sure, Dad."

James ran outside before his son got to the stairs and smiled at Joey's theatrical introduction. He managed to position himself where he could record Tyler and Joey.

"Who is it?" Tyler asked before opening the door.

"Special delivery for Tyler Morgan Lawson-Covington."

Tyler opened the door, and his eyes widened as his jaw dropped at the sight of a lifesized toy soldier. Joey managed to keep a straight face as he stood ramrod straight and saluted.

"Commander Joey, reporting for newly appointed Uncle duties for life, Tyler, sir."

The ten-year-old squealed as he jumped into his Uncle's arms and kissed his cheek. "Uncle Joey, you're crazy," he giggled.

"You're too adorable, baby boy. I love you, Ty. It's nice to finally meet you and give you hugs and kisses." Joey kissed his nephew and carried him inside, with James following.

I loved creating Joey and coming up with his personality. He truly was a lot of fun to watch as he came alive in my head.
As always thanks for reading, the comments, and reactions. I'm truly grateful for everyone who takes the time to read my efforts.
Love y'all
Copyright © 2022 Ajbt2001; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
  • Love 22
  • Haha 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

9 minutes ago, Blue Fan Lady said:

Worth waiting for this new chapter x

And, I sang to myself, to make sure Joey's lyrics would fit. LOL :)

  • Love 4
Link to comment

This latest chapter is sweeter than the Baklava I had with Tea a few minutes ago, Look forward to the upcoming chapters 😃

  • Love 4
Link to comment
On 10/26/2022 at 8:29 PM, chris191070 said:

I love Joey, he's amazing 

He really is. The perfect uncle for any kid. 

  • Love 2
Link to comment

Chapter 2 was as lovely as Chapter 1. I can't wait to fet to know these guys better. 😍 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..