Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Love Is Everything - 5. Chapter 5

Keith was floating higher than cloud nine when he left the TV studio after his interview. The joy poured from him as he got into the SUV and started his drive back home because he couldn't wait to see his soon-to-be in-laws, although James' parents were already his parents in his heart. A huge smile graced his facial features from the memory of his first time meeting Arthur and Pat Covington. After being introduced to the loving couple, they told him to call them Mama and Papa, but only if he was comfortable doing so. Thanks to the smoothly flowing traffic, the uplifting Christmas songs, and his happy spirit, the redhead pulled into his driveway before he realized he was home.

He walked up onto the front porch, then paused when he saw his husband's bare feet slightly wiggle and his toes flex through the window. Quietly, the mischievous thought-filled male unlocked the door and crept inside. He leaned against the wall, and toed his shoes off, then in his thin tan socks, tiptoed towards the unsuspecting body resting in the chair. As he stood in front of his future husband, Keith's mind and heart were flooded with the happy memories the pair created together. Lightly, his fingertips traced hearts in the center of his fiance's soft, slightly creased bare arches. Keith softly chuckled when James' feet wiggled, his toes scrunched, and breathy giggles escaped the plump lips.

"Hehe, hey, baby boy," James' soft brown eyes sparked with love as he stretched. "I love ya and missed my sexy Irishman."

"How'd ya know it was me?" Keith asked as he leaned down and nibbled on each of his mate's olive-like toes.

James' body jumped and squirmed. "Mom and Dad are just getting on the road, and Joey and Ty would've gone for an all-out tickle attack," the brunet responded before giving into the giggle-fest.

Keith yelped when James grabbed his waist and pulled him onto his lap after righting himself in the chair. The redhead's laughter poured from him as his sides and hips were kneaded by his lover's nimble fingers.

The pair settled down, and James carried Keith upstairs to their bedroom. Once inside, the future husbands wrapped their arms around each other, then shared a long passion-filled kiss. Airy moans flowed from the men as they slowly undressed and lay on the bed, their nude bodies pressed against one another. Keith's slender, size eight bare feet massaged and caressed James' size eleven's. James coated his fingers with lube and slowly prepared his mate for intercourse. After a couple of minutes, Keith signaled his readiness, and his hot, sweaty hole eagerly accepted the rock-hard manhood as it got comfortable inside. For the next half hour, the room filled with the sounds of sexually satisfied men as the bodies worked together to achieve a unified orgasm. The men ended their love-making session with an I love you whispered in unison.

It was close to eleven o'clock when the light blue Caprice pulled up to the curb outside the Lawson-Covington residence. The driver sighed, fixed a few strands of her red hair before she exited the vehicle, locked the door, and headed for the front porch. The woman paused at the screen door, took a deep breath, pressed the doorbell, and waited.

James walked into the living room from the kitchen, where Keith was, fixing their lunch. The brunet smoothed his hair and grey jeans as he neared the door. His eyes widened and sparked with joyous surprise upon seeing the visitor. "Auntie Pam," he exclaimed with exuberance as he flung the screen door open and wrapped his arms around the woman. "We weren't expecting you."

Tears trailed down Pam Lawson's cheek as she gratefully accepted and reciprocated the greeting. James' excitement almost made the woman forget the reason for her visit. "How's my favorite nephew-in-law?" She asked as she followed her host inside and gave him her coat.

James giggled and kissed Pam's cheek. "I'm your only nephew-in-law, at least soon-to-be anyway." He gave his aunt another embrace. "Babe, come see who's here," the brunet hollered.

"Auntie," Keith hollered as soon as he entered the room. The twenty-eight-year-old ran up to his aunt and gave her a loving hug and kiss.

"I could get used to this type of greeting," Pam said as she kissed Keith. "I love you two," she said as the pair led her to the sofa. "Where's Ty?"

"He's out with his Uncle Joey. Would you like a drink, Auntie?" James asked as Keith sat beside Pam.

"I'd love a bourbon and Pepsi, thank you."

James mixed three drinks at the bar. After handing one to Keith and Pam, he sat beside his mate.

The older redhead sipped the mixed drink, looked at the men beside her, smiled, and lovingly stroked their cheeks. "I've missed my boys," Pam said, with tears in her eyes.

"Will you stay for lunch? Mama Pat and Papa Art are on their way and should be here shortly." Keith said.

"I'd love to." She sighed, "There is a reason I came over, I wasn't sure if I wanted to tell you before or after the holiday, but I decided the sooner, the better."

"I should give you two some privacy," James said. He started to get up, but Pam's hand on his arm stopped him.

"Please, stay, James. You're family and need to hear this." Pam paused and took a deep breath. "Boys, your Auntie's been diagnosed with cancer."

Keith and James gasped and instantly had the motherly woman wrapped in their arms, with their heads on her shoulders.

"Is it treatable?" Keith asked as he wiped the tears from his eyes.

Pam placed her hands on both of the young men's heads. "It's only one diagnosis. I'm getting a second opinion in a few days. Then if that diagnosis is the same, I'll be looking into treatment after the first of the year. So far, everything's as optimistic as possible. If it is cancer, the doctors caught it early on and can treat it."

"Auntie, I'm..." James' statement was cut off by the doorbell.

"That must be Mama and Papa. I'll get the door," Keith said. He leaned over, kissed his aunt, and went to tend to the new arrivals.

A second later, Patricia and Arthur Covington walked into the living room.

"Mom, Dad," James excitedly greeted his parents with a loving hug and embrace. The brunet yelped and giggled as his dad's hug lifted him off the floor.

"Pam, it's so wonderful to see you again," Pat said as she embraced the red-haired woman. "Art and I caught your last show. It was fabulous."

Pam smiled and returned the affection she was shown by James' parents. Keith went to the bar and fixed the requested drinks.

"Thank you, Son," Art smiled and accepted the cocktail Keith brought him. The expression on his face became somber as he gazed at Pam. "Pam, I heard you had to cancel some performances. Is everything okay?" The salt and pepper-haired man gently grasped Pam's hands.

"I've been diagnosed with cancer and told the boys I'm going for my second opinion in a few days." Pam paused. "Then, if the second opinion matches the first, I'll start treatment after the first of the year."

"My God, Pam, I'm so sorry," Pat said as she embraced the woman she considered to be like a sister. "We want you to know that you don't have to go through this alone. You're very much loved and a part of our family," Art stated as he kissed the teary woman's cheek.

Overcome with emotion and the feeling of love her family exuded, Pam burst into tears of happiness. "I can't express with words how all of you have made me feel. Ever since I got this diagnosis, I've been scared as shit and felt like I was alone." She paused and softly chuckled. "I guess I should've known better."

"Damn straight, Auntie," James said. "Don't you know how much we love you?"

"My mate's right, Auntie Pam. We'd never sit back and let you deal with this alone." Keith firmly stated as he embraced his aunt.

"Pam, please don't hesitate to lean on us when you need support. If you need rides to appointments, or whatever, whenever, we'll be there." Pat said with Art's head nodding in agreement.

"Thank you, everyone. I love you all," Pam said as she dried her tears. "Now, I think I heard something about lunch? I'm starved."

Everyone smiled and made their way to the kitchen to help James and Keith finish preparing and then serve the food.

And, the mystery of the Caprice is solved. :) 
Wow! what an emotional and ultimately loving chapter. 
Love y'all
Copyright © 2022 Ajbt2001; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 10
  • Love 9
  • Sad 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I. Sorry to hear about the diagnosis, glad that Pam will have loving support for her treatment. And it was not a sinister character.

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to comment
12 hours ago, VBlew said:

I. Sorry to hear about the diagnosis, glad that Pam will have loving support for her treatment. And it was not a sinister character.

No sinistery characters in this one. :) 

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..