Jump to content
    TimmY92
  • Author
  • 2,676 Words
  • 664 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A way of life - 9. What comes next

This is the ninth chapter of 'A way of life' and i hope you'll enjoy it. ;)

What comes next?

After getting ready and going out to meet Dan and Nate for school my mind was still worried about what could happen today. With Nolan holding my hand while walking I felt safe but I don’t know how the other two will handle their relationship since they came out to Dan’s whole family. As we approached them we saw them holding hands and smiling at us. That should answer my question.

“Hey guys.” I greeted them and they greeted back and we started walking to the school. Noticing they never stopped holding hands I then asked “Are you sure you’re ready to do this?”

Dan looked at me a little confused “What do you mean? Oh.. Us, yeah we’re more than sure about that. We talked about it forever. We said we won’t hide anymore when I finally came out to my parents. It’s a little scary though, but the time of hiding is over. The last half year was pretty hard to not touch or kiss in school and we don’t want that anymore.”

I smiled and nodded at the things he told me. I’m really happy to not be the only gay couple with Nolan at school anymore. The fact that we are all friends is even better when I start thinking about it. We care about one another to back them up and getting backed up from them. Now there are more than just one couple with the same sex in school.

At the school we got to our lockers like every other day and got our books to get ready for the first period. First thing I noticed were the looks from other students. Sure, they knew about me and Nolan because we never really wanted to hide but now they have to deal with Dan and Nate as well. It’ll be hard for them the first days. Nolan I still got those looks but I’m more concerned about the other two.

“Let’s get to class, Mike.” Dan said to us. First period is like every other day, homeroom, where we 4 can sit together. It’s the only class we have in common. But in every other class we have one of them at least with us. The worst time is 5th Period. Dan will be alone until we all go to P.E. I don’t really know why but I have a really bad feeling to leave him there alone. I hope my concerns are pointless and nothing will happen.

In homeroom nobody really cared about the teacher. All boys and girls were talking about Dan, Nate, Nolan and me. The teacher then stepped in and asked what’s going on today. “Now we got 4 fags in class, sir. Can’t we just throw them out of school?” The bully of our class said without even thinking about what it meant.

“I think we should throw you out of school Mister Michaels. For your bad comment and worse words. Don’t you know you can hurt people with words you use? And what a problem do you have with them? Are they in any kind bothering you? Are they trying to kiss you or touch you? If not just leave them alone. They just want to live their life like you do without getting disturbed because of the way of life they take.” The teacher said to him and continued to the rest of the class “Gay people are like everyone else, they eat, breathe, love and shit like every other human being. If you don’t like the fact that we got a few gay people in school just ignore them and leave them alone. They won’t bother you when you don’t bother them. Let them be who they are and they will let you be who you are. I you try to hit them they will hit you as well. Even if you don’t believe me but gay people are like every other people.”

Michaels stood up and wanted to say something but sat down after thinking. I think he lost the words he wanted to use. What the teacher said surprised me. It’s not that it will change the mind of some stupid Assholes who will try to beat us but it made me feel safer. Just a little bit at least. Those words were nice hearing it from someone who isn’t gay and a teacher. Maybe he can repeat the words in other classes. I’ll ask him after class and thank him for the courage he showed. After class Michaels and I were the only ones who were still in class. I wanted to be there but Michaels got called in to a chat after class from the teacher.

“Mr. Michaels, the words you used weren’t appropriate and I hope I won’t hear them again from you. Nonetheless you made a bad decision and you need to accept the consequences. Two days detention after school, 2 Hours a day and I want you to write an essay about homosexuality and what differences exists between straight and gay couples, excluding sex. 4000 Words at least. After reading the essay I will decide what to do then. You’re excused now.” The teacher angrily told Michaels. He wanted to protest but just stormed out of the room.

“I wanted to thank you for what you told the class. Why is it so hard for them to just accept other ways of life? It’s not like I go to some boys and try to kiss them. I’m with Nolan and I don’t want to change that.” I said to the teacher.

“No problem, the thing is, Nolan and you are a couple and because of that they don’t try anything really bad on you. If you were single and out of the closet they probably bully you because they can’t understand what you are feeling. They are scared of the looks in the locker room or elsewhere. A boy who is lusting after other boys is what freaks them out. If it were a girl there wouldn’t be a problem. Just be a little patient about their feelings too. After all they are human beings with feelings like you or your friends. Just a few people out there are really against gays. Even less then gays exist at school, believe me.” He told me and it really meant something to me. It all made sense to me but my concerns are still there even with some things I now know.

“Why are you doing this? I always thought you were married with a woman and have children.” I asked him still a little confused about what he did today.

“That’s the point. I’m a father of 2 boys. One of them is a senior at high school and one is in college. I had to learn the things I told you the hard way. My son came out to me 4 years ago and I didn’t take it very well. My whole life broke in pieces. I didn’t know what I could do to stop that. I didn’t want this life for my son and I tried everything to stop his feelings. It drifted my family apart and I realized I had to be the one who has to change and not him. I realized how much my words hurt him and the rest of my family. After realizing what I’ve done I had to do things right. I did my best to get my family back together. It wasn’t always an easy task but I finally got them all back. Now I am a proud dad of 2 boys of whom one I gay. It doesn’t matter for me anymore. The love for them was bigger than my stupid mind and I won the battle in my head. Now you know why I did what I did. I did it because I learned my lesson and as a teacher I have to give those lessons to people who need them.” Wow. I couldn’t believe what ii just heard. He told me about his past and his son.

“Thank you for trading those things with me, sir. I really appreciate it. I learned that people can change because of their feelings. Everybody feels and those feelings matter. Is it ok to tell my friends what you just said to me?” He nodded and said to me “Yes, It is ok to tell them but only to your three friends please. I’m not ashamed of my son but I don’t really want everybody know about what a stupid man I was. I think the only ones who can understand that are the four of you.”

I thanked him again and asked “Can you tell other classes what you said in class today? Maybe it will change something.” He said yes and we both left the class for the next period. The rest of the day went by as usual but after 5th period Dan came to P.E with a bruised eyelid and a bleeding nose. He told us what happened and he washed himself clean and Nate tried to patch him up a little. In the Gym the teacher asked what happened but Dan said nothing. We did what the teacher wanted and after class we got back to the locker room where the real shit started.

For the showers I got a little late and I noticed some boys laughing about something. As I got into the shower I saw what they were laughing about. Dan, Nate, Nolan and I were the only naked boys in there. All other boys were wearing boxers or their sport shorts. They laughed at me as well but I really didn’t care. They all saw me naked like a hundred times but the feeling they did that because of us is bothering me like hell.

“What are you dudes afraid of? You have nothing I never saw. Or are you afraid I will bite it off of you first thing when you turn around? Whatever, I don’t really care. The only problem I see is that you guys have to carry your soaked shorts back home.” I said a little amused about those cowards.

“Thompson, I don’t like you guys looking at me. That’s all.” One boy said.

“There is nothing I didn’t see over the past few years, dude. The thing is I’m with Nolan and I don’t care about what you have down there. Just back off your stupid thoughts. None of us wants your dicks.” I said getting a little angry.

“I don’t care with which guy you fuck, I look after girls even when I am in a relationship. So don’t fuck with our minds guys.” Another boy said.

“What do you guys think? Do you really think you’re the wet dream of every gay guy in the world or what? A straight guy is the one thing no gay guy would ever hit on, you get that? Put a hundred straight guys in a room with one gay guy and see what will happen. Nothing will happen when the gay guy knows that all guys are straight. He won’t even try to hit on one of them. I’m with Nolan and Dan is with Nate and we don’t want any other boys, you got that?” I literally yelled at them. They looked like I punched my fist in their guts. After what I said Nolan came to me and kissed me. Naked and in front of the other boys we kissed each other.

After about one minute we got back to showering and rinsing off. The look in the eyes from the other boys was fantastic. They looked like they saw a ghost, or a gay porn. I mean, if we didn’t stop it could have been a gay porn for them. Dan and Nate laughed their asses off.

“Sorry Mike, I thought we do that and everything will be ok because nobody is naked. It’s not like I hate gay people, I just don’t like the looks on me from another boy. I never thought about what that made you guys feel. I’m really sorry.” The boy who said those things first said to me with a worried tone in his voice.

“Dude, calm down. Nothing really happened. It’s just that I don’t like the fact everybody is treating us different. We are still the same guys than before you knew. Look at Dan and Nate, they’re a couple for 2 years now. Did he or Nate ever look at you like he will eat you alive, like he is lusting after you?” I said to him and he shook his head.

The thing is, after coming out and getting together with Nolan I changed. In those few days I changed from a little shy boy to an open gay guy defending what he got. I never thought I would react like I did in the shower. A few weeks earlier I would’ve just left the shower without saying a word. I feel much stronger now since I met Nolan and came out to my friends and family. The only place I feel safer is in bed with Nolan in my arms.

Leaving the school yard we met the two jocks who helped Nolan and me last week. They asked Dan directly what happened because they saw his bruises. “It was just a mistake, dudes. One guy in class thought I wanted to hit on him ‘cause I touched him on the shoulder wanting to ask something. The thing is he apologized instantly after I explained him that I don’t want to get him ‘cause I’m with Nate. It’s no big deal.” He told them.

“But it is a big deal. You got bruises all over your face because he thought you wanted to hit on him. That shouldn’t be the norm. What if a girl tapped on his shoulders? He would’ve smiled and answered the question the girl would’ve asked. Because you prefer boys he hit you in the face and you have to set things right. Tell me his name, I want to talk to him. Don’t think I would hit him, I just want to talk to him.” Tom said to Dan. Dan was thinking if it really is a good idea to give him the name but after a few seconds he gave him the name.

We also told them about what happened in the showers. They thought we reacted like we should’ve reacted. Not with aggression but not backing off. We just defended our way of life. But what comes next? I don’t want to deal with more of those idiots who can’t think before they do something. I mean, the boys in P.E. got the message but what about others? There are still some haters in school who didn’t start anything but waiting for the right time to ruin our lives. I think I is time to learn some self-defense just in case we get into trouble for being gay. I knew it wouldn’t be easy but we’re out now and can’t go back into the closet. But with the four of us and Tom and Isaac we don’t have to fear very much.

Walking home we talked about the day and what I planned on doing. The topic self-defense got accepted very quickly and we all want to ask our parents to sign us up for the same class. We want to be prepared for things which are coming, for things we until now never thought about. And the fact making sport is good. I can gain some muscles to protect my boyfriend. The boy I learned to love over just a few hours who loved me just the exact same way. While walking we always hold hands or on occasion stopped to kiss a little bit. This is the way I want our lives to be. Loving without fear. But what comes next? It is scary not knowing the future.

Feel free to leave a comment. If you know something that can improve my writing skills, please let me know. Have a nice day. ;)
Copyright © 2019 TimmY92; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..