Jump to content
    Timothy M.
  • Author
  • 1,467 Words
  • 2,630 Views
  • 24 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy’s Terrible Prompt Stories - 49. Prompt 500 What took you so long? (I)

Brotherly chat and tease

“What took you so long? And what have you done with Nelson?” Rob didn’t sound annoyed as he left the group of girls and sauntered over to meet Eric at his car.

The younger teen was relieved. Saying goodbye to Nelson had taken longer than he thought. His lips were still tingling and his fingers remembered the silky feel of his boyfriend’s long hair.

“He’s gone home with Jasper. Sorry about the wait.”

“It’s OK. I was beginning to wonder if you had eloped with your lover.” Rob unlocked the doors and both Perry brothers got in the car.

“I wouldn’t do that without texting you.”

“I know, but you know what they say: Being in love is like temporary insanity.”

“Might explain why you started dating Melanie.”

“True, I was in love at first, and later in lust. But staying with her as long as I did, now that was really crazy. I feel so relieved to be free.”

“You’re enjoying it, huh?”

“What do you mean?”

“Flirting with Trevor, and chatting up those girls. They looked upset when you ditched them.”

“Bros before hos, man. I told them I had to leave as soon as you turned up.”

“I could have waited….”

“Nah. They were junior chicks hoping to score an invitation to the Senior Prom. None of them were seriously interested in me. But that’s OK; I didn’t care about them either.”

“Are you going to take Trevor to the Prom?”

“He’s a senior himself; he doesn’t need an invitation.”

“Rob! You know what I mean.”

The older Perry boy shrugged. “I dunno. Anyway, why should I be the one to ask him?”

“Come on, seriously? He’s not gonna invite a straight dude to be his Prom date. If you were bi, perhaps….”

“Hmm, you may have a point. Besides, if I ask him, he’ll have to put out.”

“Rob!” Eric would have punched his brother’s arm if Rob hadn’t been driving. The smirk on Rob’s face showed he was pleased about riling up his younger brother as usual. “Besides, it doesn’t work like that if you’re two guys. Trevor—”

Eric snapped his mouth shut before he could say any more. He had no right to tell Rob what had happened between Nelson and Trevor on prom night. Unfortunately, his brother was clever enough to work it out for himself.

“Oho, I should ask Nelson if Trevor is any good at BJs?”

“I’ll kill you if you do.”

Rob burst out laughing as he turned into their driveway. This time Eric punched his shoulder once Rob had parked the car.

“Don’t you dare say anything to Nelson. He’s feeling awkward enough as it is.”

“Why would he feel awkward?”

“Well, for not realizing Trevor had a crush on him last year.”

“Dude, you told him?” Rob rolled his eyes. “Why the fuck would you do that?”

“To explain why I felt annoyed about him and Trevor chatting this morning. And yeah, I know I had no reason to be jealous, so don’t start.”

“Hey bro, it’s OK. You can’t help your feelings….”

“…You can only help the way you act on them,” they spoke the last half of their father’s oft-repeated admonition in chorus and grinned at each other.

Getting out of Rob’s car they walked into the house and made a beeline for the kitchen. After demolishing some snacks and a soda each, they went upstairs to deal with their homework. Their parents came home a couple of hours later and after having a meal together, the boys slipped back upstairs. This time Rob followed Eric into his room and crashed on his bed the way he always did.

Eric ignored him, knowing Rob would eventually say what was on his mind. Sure enough, after ten minutes the blond teen put away his phone and sat up.

“I’ve been thinking about going to college in California.”

“What? On the other side of the country? Why?”

“They offer the exact combination of business and political studies I want, and I’ll get to play baseball.”

“And you loved the place when we went there on vacation two years ago.”

“Yeah. You and Nelson could come for visits.”

“You seem pretty sure we’ll last.”

“Aren’t you? You’ve got another year together in high school, before he leaves for college. And since he doesn’t even notice guys crushing on him, I don’t think you need to worry about Nelson cheating on you. And no one would dare hit on you in case he whoops their asses.”

Eric threw a pillow at Rob. “Nelson and I would never betray each other as long as we’re boyfriends. And I believe we’ll be together for the rest of our lives. I’m just surprised you see it too.”

“I know you, bro. You’re stubborn as hell and once you’ve made up your mind, that’s it. I hope Nelson realizes he’s more or less hitched for life.”

“You like him, don’t you? I mean, as your brother-in-law?”

“As long as he appreciates you and makes you happy, Nelson will be on the top of my list. He’s a great guy, too shy and serious for my tastes, but whatever rocks your boat, dude. You could have done a lot worse.”

Eric stared at Rob who shrugged and grinned. “What more do you want me to say? He’s got a cute ass.”

“Rob, be serious! It’s important to me.” Eric wasn’t sure why he needed Rob’s approval. He would date Nelson no matter what his parents and brother said, but perhaps the fact they accepted Nelson made the relationship more real and less of an impossible dream.

“Considering all the trouble I went to in order for you two to get together, I can’t believe you think I don’t approve of Nelson.”

“Fuck, Rob, you badgering him about asking me out was the most awkward moment of my whole life.”

“But look what it got you. All I got was a punch in the guts and a lecture from Nelson about outing my brother.”

Eric couldn’t help laughing. “Yeah, I guess I got the better deal. Speaking of punches, what happened with your teammates? Does your coach know about throwing one?”

“Ryan will keep his mouth shut, but Chris is too stupid or indoctrinated. He made some comments in the locker room today and he’s off the team.”

“Did the coach overhear him?”

“No, all he heard was me saying it doesn’t matter whether a guy is straight, gay or bi, as long as he’s part of the team. And if anyone had a problem with it they could go fuck themselves.”

“Shit, what did he do?” Eric knew Rob could be punished for swearing on school premises.

“Nah, it was OK. I apologized for my language and he told me I could do fifty push-ups on Thursday to remind me about proper manners.”

“So how did Chris get thrown off the team?”

“He resigned.” Rob smirked when Eric made a ‘Go on’ gesture. “Coach came to the locker room to say Chris had dropped out. He wanted to ask if we knew anything about it.”

“What did you tell him?”

“The truth: it was either him or us.”

“Us?”

“Me, Jazz, Mitch and a couple of other guys. But most of the team told Chris to fuck off earlier. I didn’t say that, of course. I used some Dad-speak and told Coach he was disruptive for the team spirit and made the guys uncomfortable by his behavior, blah, blah, blah.”

Eric chuckled and they high-fived each other. “And he bought it?”

“Yup. Mitch was cool. He said both Chris and the team would be better off if he left. But what clenched it was him adding ‘It’s all about setting an example of acceptable behavior for the juniors.’ Having one of his favorite phrases flung back at him made Coach shut up. He grunted ‘Fine,’ and left. End of story.”

“Well, that’s a relief.”

“You and Nelson won’t have any more trouble during baseball games and Monday morning get-togethers.”

“We’ll be at your games but we’re not going to those café meetings.”

“Oh yes you are. As the future GSA president you need to show the flag.”

“Rob…,” Eric groaned.

“Did you speak to Trevor again?”

Eric sighed; hiding things from Rob was like trying to avoid boners while kissing Nelson; an exercise in futility.

“Yes, that’s why I was late today. I told him he could count on me if no one else wanted the post.”

“Awesome! I knew it. What took you so long to decide?”

"What's taking you so long to ask Trevor to Prom?!"

Their chat degenerated into a tussle with grunts and laughter as Eric tried to tickle his annoying older brother to death.

Hope Team Rob is happy; next up should be Nelson and Eric’s date. Depending on the available First Line Prompt... :unsure:
:thankyou: AC for fast editing and an inspiring suggestion.
Copyright © 2017 Timothy M.; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 22
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 05/25/2016 01:53 AM, dughlas said:

These chapters make me wish I'd had a brother ... Well done.

Aaww, thanks dugh. :hug: Me too, actually :yes:

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Tim, you really know how to write brothers. :hug: Seeing the Perry brothers together always brings a smile to my face... and a lot of giggling :lol:

 

Poor Eric, Rob knows how to rattle him, like wondering if Trev gives good BJs :rofl: While that was funny, it did remind me of how uncomfortable Eric is about sex in general. Maybe, he'll one day relax around that topic, but until then I'll giggle at his reactions, lol.

 

As for Rob going to California for college, Eric will miss him a lot :( but I know Rob will do everything he can to keep in touch with his friends and family. In any case, being out of Rob's shadows will be a growing experience for Eric. :)

 

Thank you so much Tim for another great chapter! :hug:

  • Like 2
Link to comment

For those interest ... Rob's having a great time in California with a certain English lady ...
But: Rob and political studies?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 05/25/2016 03:31 AM, JohnAR said:

For those interest ... Rob's having a great time in California with a certain English lady ...

But: Rob and political studies?

You don't think Rob will do well in politics? I thought he has the charm and pushiness to excel. :rofl: Or maybe we understand different things by the term 'political studies' :unsure:

I'm sure Rob is enjoying himself in California, but you still haven't told me the name of his college. :lol:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/25/2016 02:36 AM, Drew Espinosa said:

Tim, you really know how to write brothers. :hug: Seeing the Perry brothers together always brings a smile to my face... and a lot of giggling :lol:

 

Poor Eric, Rob knows how to rattle him, like wondering if Trev gives good BJs :rofl: While that was funny, it did remind me of how uncomfortable Eric is about sex in general. Maybe, he'll one day relax around that topic, but until then I'll giggle at his reactions, lol.

 

As for Rob going to California for college, Eric will miss him a lot :( but I know Rob will do everything he can to keep in touch with his friends and family. In any case, being out of Rob's shadows will be a growing experience for Eric. :)

 

Thank you so much Tim for another great chapter! :hug:

Thanks, Drew, I guess I simply try to imagine what kind of brother I would love and 'hate' at the same time. ;)

Eric isn't uncomfortable about sex as such; only about talking about it with his brother or parents. And who can blame him? :o But you're right, it's fun too. :lol:

Yeah, absence makes the heart grow fonder, eh? And Rob may return to the east coast eventually.

Thanks for a lovely review, Drewbear :hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment

You've come a long way, Tim...all this conversation moved the plot along, and sounds so natural I could see it happening in real life. Managing conversation is hard, and the fact that you do it in a foreign language just shows the depth of your talent.
Team Rob is more than happy--we're over the moon!
I'm glad Eric has decided to step up to the plate and take on the GSA post...I'll wager no one else comes forward, mysteriously. I think Trevor may have a hand in seeing that the job goes to him rather than someone else.
So is Rob going to scratch an itch he didn't know he had, or just be his normal self and be a gentleman? Of course, he could do both, which would also fit with his attitude of easy-going acceptance.
Wonderful chapter, min ven...sorry if I'm gushing here.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 05/25/2016 05:46 AM, ColumbusGuy said:

You've come a long way, Tim...all this conversation moved the plot along, and sounds so natural I could see it happening in real life. Managing conversation is hard, and the fact that you do it in a foreign language just shows the depth of your talent.

Team Rob is more than happy--we're over the moon!

I'm glad Eric has decided to step up to the plate and take on the GSA post...I'll wager no one else comes forward, mysteriously. I think Trevor may have a hand in seeing that the job goes to him rather than someone else.

So is Rob going to scratch an itch he didn't know he had, or just be his normal self and be a gentleman? Of course, he could do both, which would also fit with his attitude of easy-going acceptance.

Wonderful chapter, min ven...sorry if I'm gushing here.

Tak, min ven - feel free to gush as much as you like :*)

Saying my conversation sounds natural is an amazing compliment, so I'm over the moon too. :D I'll have to pass part of the praise on to AC, I've learnt a lot from his editing of these prompts. :yes:

Perhaps Trevor is better or more subtle than Rob at manipulation for Eric's own good? lol. I don't think there were any other candidates, or else no one wanted to run against Nelson who was Trevor's first choice.

Will Rob scratch the itch or not? Truly I don't know, but it's an intriguing thought, right?

  • Like 1
Link to comment

The Perry brother can count themselves lucky having each other in their lives. They will always have that support no matter what. Sometimes, family is great...

 

Though, I'd wish he didn't refer to girls as hoes... I know he's young and it's an expression. Still, it bothers me. He's smarter than that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Great chapter, Tim. I enjoyed the banter and real conversation between the brothers. All of their kidding aside, it was a serious talk, and it definitely showed the closeness they share. Just wonderful... cheers... Gary....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/25/2016 06:31 AM, Puppilull said:

The Perry brother can count themselves lucky having each other in their lives. They will always have that support no matter what. Sometimes, family is great...

 

Though, I'd wish he didn't refer to girls as hoes... I know he's young and it's an expression. Still, it bothers me. He's smarter than that.

I think you're right, and Eric would probably agree no matter how annoying Rob can be. ;) He knoew Rob has his back and Ron knows Eric is loyal no matter what.

I didn't know the expression 'bros before hoes' until I read it here on GA. I agree it's not very nice, but in this case where the silly girls tried to throw themselves at Rob for one purpose only, it may be justified. Rob is definitely smarter than that, normally. His mom would have made sure of it. ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/25/2016 11:24 AM, Headstall said:

Great chapter, Tim. I enjoyed the banter and real conversation between the brothers. All of their kidding aside, it was a serious talk, and it definitely showed the closeness they share. Just wonderful... cheers... Gary....

Thanks, Gary, I'm glad you felt the seriousness behind the fun. I wanted to show they still had the same closeness in spite of Eric gaining a boyfriend and Rob planning to leave for California.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I always thought Tim has a twin brother, an Irish twin brother at least, based on how well he writes the brother's dynamics. Now I'm kind of dissapointed. Maybe it's easy to fool a (pseudo)single child like me? :gikkle: Or you are an even better writer than I thought? :yes:

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I love the relationship that these two brothers have. They're so close and both so protective of each other.. and they also know how to rile each other up (well Rob does lol). I have to wonder if Rob is going to ask Trevor to the prom though, given his stance on not leading someone on.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 5/25/2016 at 0:28 PM, glitteryantlers said:

I always thought Tim has a twin brother, an Irish twin brother at least, based on how well he writes the brothers' dynamics. Now I'm kind of disappointed. Maybe it's easy to fool a (pseudo)single child like me? :gikkle: Or you are an even better writer than I thought? :yes:

 

Aaww, Thanks glittery :hug: Sorry about the disappoinment.

I always wanted to be a twin, but I'm not sure why you think my brother would be Irish? :unsure:

Imagination is a good thing for an author.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/25/2016 10:32 PM, LitLover said:

I love the relationship that these two brothers have. They're so close and both so protective of each other.. and they also know how to rile each other up (well Rob does lol). I have to wonder if Rob is going to ask Trevor to the prom though, given his stance on not leading someone on.

I'm glad the Perry brothers make you feel that way. We were overdue for a chapter with Rob and Eric, and this one just flowed once I started writing. :)

If Rob did ask Trevor or vice versa, they would make sure to talk about reasons and expectations beforehand. :P But I'm still trying to decide...

  • Like 1
Link to comment

For me, what I think is most telling about this installment is Eric's growing sense of trust in Rob. The initial joke that he'd text his brother if he were eloping with Nelson seemed funny, but then more than that. I think he would keep Rob in the loop, even if he felt he could not with their parents or anyone else.

 

You've taken the brother bond to a new plateau here, and it seems like Eric and Rob are feeling out what an adult relationship between them would be like. It's fun to watch.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 05/26/2016 10:25 AM, AC Benus said:

For me, what I think is most telling about this installment is Eric's growing sense of trust in Rob. The initial joke that he'd text his brother if he were eloping with Nelson seemed funny, but then more than that. I think he would keep Rob in the loop, even if he felt he could not with their parents or anyone else.

 

You've taken the brother bond to a new plateau here, and it seems like Eric and Rob are feeling out what an adult relationship between them would be like. It's fun to watch.

Thanks, AC, I hadn't thought about it like that, but I'm sure you're right. Eric probably always knew Rob had his back, but he's losing the childish resentment. Rob, on his side, is beginning to treat Eric as his equal; he's not there yet, but the first steps have been taken.

I love when my readers can see the (unintentionally) profound along with the fun. :D

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Is Rob somewhere in the Bay Area – Cal (UC Berkeley) or Stanford? Or is he somewhere else in California? UC Santa Cruz? UCLA? UCSD? USC? One of the smaller schools?

 

“Inquiring minds want to know.”

Link to comment
On 01/31/2017 04:04 PM, droughtquake said:

Is Rob somewhere in the Bay Area – Cal (UC Berkeley) or Stanford? Or is he somewhere else in California? UC Santa Cruz? UCLA? UCSD? USC? One of the smaller schools?

 

“Inquiring minds want to know.”

I've asked JAR several times to tell me the name of the college Colt went to, and where Bradley meets Rob. But so far I haven't had any success. Feel free to head over to the Meta topic and bug him. :lol:

  • Like 1
Link to comment

“Awesome! I knew it. What took you so long to decide?”

"What's taking you so long to ask Trevor to Prom?!" 

 

- I love their sibling banter. It's bound not to change well into adulthood, I'm sure.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 4/4/2017 at 8:38 PM, Thirdly said:

 

- I love their sibling banter. It's bound not to change well into adulthood, I'm sure.

 

I think you're right. They'll always have this special relationship. Thank you for sticking with the story. :hug: 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..