Jump to content
    Valkyrie
    • Signature Author
  • 1,441 Words
  • 3,142 Views
  • 19 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Penguin - 7. Chapter 7

**Warning** This chapter contains descriptions of physical abuse.

**Warning** Contains descriptions of physical abuse.

 

Sean

“So, a text message, huh?” I stood in Daniel’s doorway. I was surprised he even opened the door. He looked at me, panic-stricken.

“You need to leave!” He started to shut the door, but I stopped it with my foot.

“You’re not getting out of this that easily. I think I deserve an explanation.”

Daniel looked desperate. “Please…Sean…You can’t stay here! It’s not sa…” he trailed off and looked at me fearfully.

“It’s not safe? Talk to me, sweetheart. Let me help you.”

Daniel looked like hell. He looked like he hadn’t slept in days. He had what looked like a fading bruise on his cheek and his appearance was gaunt; like he hadn’t been eating. My heart broke at the sight of him.

I stepped inside the apartment. Daniel sighed and stood with his arms crossed.

“Thank you for taking Timmy. He’s a great cat and I’m sure he’ll be happy with you and Penguin.”

“He’s still your cat. You can come get him whenever you’re ready to.” I tried looking into his eyes, but he wouldn’t look at me. “Daniel…talk to me, baby. I thought we had a really good thing together.”

Daniel looked at the floor. “Sean, don’t. This is hard enough.” He whispered.

“Then why are you doing this? Daniel, you look like hell. Don’t tell me for one minute that you’re happy with the way things are.”

Daniel frowned into the floor. “You need to leave. Trevor will be back soon.”

“I think it may be better if I stay.”

His eyes got wide and he started shaking. “No! You can’t stay! I couldn’t stand it if you got hurt!”

“How do you think I feel knowing he’s hurting you?”

“Sean, please! Leave now!”

I reached for him and he flinched away, staggering backward. I wanted to retch.

“Please…Sean. We’re though. I’m with Trevor now. You need to leave and get over it.” He inhaled deeply. “I know I have.”

I looked at him in disbelief. “Fine. I’ll leave for now, but I’m not giving up on you. Daniel, you need help!”

“I don’t need help! I know exactly what I’m doing! Now get over it and get the fuck out of here! We’re through!” he shouted.

I walked toward the door, and then stopped and turned around. “This isn’t over, Daniel. I love you, and I’m not giving you up without a fight.”

Every step I took away from Daniel was excruciating.

Daniel

After Sean left I collapsed on the couch, trying to stifle the sobs that threatened to consume me. Seeing him again just confirmed how much I loved him. I smiled, remembering that he told me he loved me, too. The way he said it was so different from the way Trevor said it. I sat bolt upright the minute I thought of Trevor. He was due home any time. I hoped like hell he hadn’t seen Sean. Whenever Trevor was drunk or in a bad mood he threatened to find Sean and beat the crap out of him. Or worse. I wasn’t willing to risk Sean’s safety, so I put up with Trevor’ bullshit.

I knew I’d better calm down and get cleaned up before Trevor came home. He’d suspect something was up and that wouldn’t be good for anyone. I went into the bathroom and started the shower. I stripped and looked at myself in the mirror and didn’t like what I saw. I stepped into the steamy shower and winced as I washed the spots tender from Trevor’s anger. I thought of Sean and slid down the wall and put my head in my hands. I couldn’t stop the sobs that wracked my body. I was ashamed of what I had become. I was with my ex who almost killed me, I lost the man that I love, I lost my cat, and I was pretty sure I lost my best friend, too.

I wished like hell that I had the backbone to stand up to Trevor, but I almost died the one time I did. I was also terrified of what he would do to Sean if anything happened to me. I was so wrapped up in self-pity that I never heard the door open.

“What the fuck are you doing?”

I scrambled to my feet, lost my footing, and fell head-first into the soap dish. Trevor grabbed my arm and yanked me out of the tub. I cried out and he slapped me.

“Shut the fuck up!”

I could smell the whiskey on his breath. He dragged me out of the bathroom and into the bedroom. He shoved me onto the bed. I lay there, cowering, and hating myself even more for it.

“Your slut was here, wasn’t he.”

My eyes grew wide and I shook my head vehemently. I hoped like hell he hadn’t seen him. He had.

“You lying piece of shit. I saw him leaving, you whore! So were you in the shower washing off his filth? Did you really expect me to come home and fuck you after he just did?” His voice was getting louder and louder until he was screaming at me. He tried to hit me, but I scrambled off the bed. I should have just let him. Trevor grabbed my leg and my momentum carried me off the bed and onto the floor with a sickening snap as I put my hand out to stop my fall. I cried out in pain as Trevor descended on me and my world went black.

Sean

I stood in front of Robbie’s door, debating whether I wanted to knock or come back after I called first. The sounds coming from the apartment would make a porn star blush. I decided that Daniel’s well-being was worth a hell of a lot more than my discomfort.

I knocked on the door and heard a pause in the moaning. I knocked again a little louder and an annoyed Robbie answered the door wearing an afghan around his waist. “This couldn’t wait?” he hissed.

I frowned at him. “It’s Daniel. He really needs our help.”

Robbie scowled. “No shit. The fucker doesn’t want it.”

“C’mon, man! Let me in. This is more important than a piece of ass.”

The girl looked at me indignantly. “Hey! Robbie, are you going to let him get away with that?”

“Sorry baby, but this is kind of an emergency. How about we finish this later?” He walked over to give her a kiss.

She slapped him across the face and then gathered her clothes, put them on, and left. “Don’t bother calling me again, asshole!”

“Wasn’t planning on it.” Robbie muttered.

“Do you think you could get dressed for this conversation?”

He grinned at me. “Oh, c’mon. You know you want it.” He made a lewd gesture.

I leered at him. “You know it, baby. Now let’s get rid of that afghan.”

“Ha! I knew there was a reason I liked you.” He disappeared into his bedroom and returned wearing a pair of boxers. “You want a beer?”

“No, thanks. Look, I just came from Daniel’s and it’s worse than I thought.”

Robbie sighed and sat down on the couch.

“You guys were on the couch, right? I won’t get any nasty surprises if I sit on the chair?”

Robbie choked on his beer. “Nah. Not this time anyway.” He grinned.

I rolled my eyes and sat down. I relayed my encounter with Daniel. “I think he broke up with me to protect me. I don’t know what to do, Robbie. Do you think calling the police would help?”

Robbie scoffed. “I tried that last time. Daniel has to want to press charges and he won’t. Look Sean, like I told you, Danny has a big blind spot when it comes to Trevor. I thought after almost dying it’d be different this time, but dammit if that mother fucker stole him back again!” Robbie smashed his fist into the couch arm.

“It was just you last time, Robbie. Now it’s both of us. Men like Trevor are really just cowards at heart. I say we both go to Daniel’s apartment and get him the fuck out of there. He can move in with me.”

Robbie raised an eyebrow.

I smiled at him. “I told him I loved him. And I meant it. I’ll protect him with my life if I have to.”

“Well let’s just hope it doesn’t come to that. Let me get some clothes on and we’ll kick that piece of shit’s ass all the way back to prison!”

What do you think will happen when Robbie and Sean go to rescue Daniel? Will he accept their help or continue to try and protect them? Who will Daniel choose this time around? Thanks so much for reading and please leave a review and let me know what you think. I appreciate all feedback :)
Copyright © 2014 Valkyrie; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 24
  • Love 1
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

What a nasty piece of garbage Trevor is! Grrrrr! Daniel protecting Sean is noble if short sighted. It doesn't sound like Daniel's okay. I hope he's not hurt too bad. Great job. Very engaging. As you've noticed I'm hooked.

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 05/14/2014 11:14 AM, Cole Matthews said:
What a nasty piece of garbage Trevor is! Grrrrr! Daniel protecting Sean is noble if short sighted. It doesn't sound like Daniel's okay. I hope he's not hurt too bad. Great job. Very engaging. As you've noticed I'm hooked.
Thanks so much. :) Trevor is pretty a vile human being. I'm so glad you're enjoying the story.
Link to comment

Okay, here's what going to happen: Sean and Robbie break down the door and see Trevor beating the crap out of Daniel. They jump on him and proceed to turn him into a greasy black spot on the carpet. :evil: Then they call 911, the police scrape him off the floor, he gets arrested again and goes back to prison for 20 years, Daniel goes to the hospital and into therapy and he, Sean, Penguin and Timmy leave happily ever after and eventually adopt a new kitten. How's that??? hahahaha.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Cant't wait till the next chapter :) i really hope the both of them hurry up because I don't think Trevor will stop Beratung in an unconsience Daniel

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 05/14/2014 12:56 PM, LadyDe said:
Okay, here's what going to happen: Sean and Robbie break down the door and see Trevor beating the crap out of Daniel. They jump on him and proceed to turn him into a greasy black spot on the carpet. :evil: Then they call 911, the police scrape him off the floor, he gets arrested again and goes back to prison for 20 years, Daniel goes to the hospital and into therapy and he, Sean, Penguin and Timmy leave happily ever after and eventually adopt a new kitten. How's that??? hahahaha.
I like that scenario :) You'll find out next chapter :X Thanks for the review.
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 05/14/2014 02:22 PM, ninecila said:
Cant't wait till the next chapter :) i really hope the both of them hurry up because I don't think Trevor will stop Beratung in an unconsience Daniel
Thanks for the review :)
Link to comment

u really gotta stop leaving us hanging like that, lol I love how u bring this all together but jeez another cliff hanger

cant wait for the next chapter

 

Bob

Link to comment

I like LadyDe's take on the rest of the story! :)

 

i just hope by the time Robbie and Sean get to Daniel's it won't be too late. And this time Daniel HAS TO PRESS CHARGES and send his sorry ass back to jail where he belongs!!!

 

Great chapter, Val! :2thumbs:

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 05/15/2014 06:00 AM, fiedlerbob101 said:
u really gotta stop leaving us hanging like that, lol I love how u bring this all together but jeez another cliff hanger

cant wait for the next chapter

 

Bob

Thanks :) I'm kinda mean that way... :devil:
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 05/15/2014 07:24 AM, Lisa said:
I like LadyDe's take on the rest of the story! :)

 

i just hope by the time Robbie and Sean get to Daniel's it won't be too late. And this time Daniel HAS TO PRESS CHARGES and send his sorry ass back to jail where he belongs!!!

 

Great chapter, Val! :2thumbs:

I like LadyDe's take, too. You'll find out in Chapter 8 if she is on the mark. :X Thanks for reading! :)
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 05/29/2014 10:15 PM, Suvitar said:
Sean and Robbie - knights in white armours....they are great!
Sean and Robbie are pretty freaking awesome :) Thanks for the review. :)
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 06/11/2014 09:12 PM, Slytherin said:
Hurry up, boys - Before Trevor kills him !!
Thanks for leaving all the reviews :)
Link to comment

Difficult to say how this will go. Daniel has to be desperate or incapacitated to stand against Trevor. He will do all in his power to protect Sean and Robbie. They can maybe do something if they catch Trevor in the act of abusing Danny and overpower him, as LadyDe suggested. Can't wait to see what you have in mind.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I really wish this wasn't so well written. A crappy story would be so much easier to ignore. I like LadyDe's suggestion of turning Trevor into a grease spot.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • The sounds coming from the apartment would make a porn star blush. - Pfft, Robbie's latest conquest.
  • She slapped him across the face and then gathered her clothes, put them on, and left. - You really need to reconsider the types of girls you've been seeing, Robbie.
  • Let me get some clothes on and we’ll kick that piece of shit’s ass all the way back to prison! - See, Robbie? Except for the whole one night stands part, you and I are on the same wavelength!
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
3 hours ago, Thirdly said:
  • The sounds coming from the apartment would make a porn star blush. - Pfft, Robbie's latest conquest.
  • She slapped him across the face and then gathered her clothes, put them on, and left. - You really need to reconsider the types of girls you've been seeing, Robbie.
  • Let me get some clothes on and we’ll kick that piece of shit’s ass all the way back to prison! - See, Robbie? Except for the whole one night stands part, you and I are on the same wavelength!

Robbie's not known for using the best judgment, although he has his moments ;) 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..