Jump to content
    Valkyrie
    • Signature Author
  • 1,360 Words
  • 3,258 Views
  • 22 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Penguin - 8. Chapter 8

**Warning - this chapter contains descriptions of abuse**

Robbie

It took Danny a long time to answer the door. I still had my key and was just about to use it when the door opened a crack.

“Go away, Robbie. I’m really not in the mood for an argument right now.”

“Open the damn door, Danny. I’m not here to argue.”

Danny sighed and opened the door. He motioned me in and I gasped when I saw him. He had a black eye and a cast on his left arm. He limped his way to the couch and sat down. I looked at Sean and he looked like he was ready to kill something. I had to turn away because I was shaking so bad. I was having flashbacks to a year ago. At least this time Danny was conscious and not bleeding to death.

Sean gently sat down next to Dan on the couch. “Oh my god… sweetheart, what did he do to you?” he asked softly.

Daniel tensed and his face hardened. He was trying to put on a tough guy act, but I saw right through it. He was very close to having a total breakdown. Sean was right; he was trying to protect him.

“You guys need to leave. Trevor is at work, but he could stop in anytime. You can’t be here if he does.”

“Or what? He’ll actually kill you this time?” I snorted.

“When did he do this, Daniel?” Sean was as white as a ghost.

Danny shook his head. “Just leave, ok? Both of you, just get the fuck out of here! I know what I’m doing, ok? Go. The. Fuck. Away!”

“No!” I yelled. Danny cringed away from me. “Look, asshole. You’re not the only one affected here. It’s killing me and it’s killing Sean seeing you like this, knowing that you’re doing it to protect us.”

I could see that Danny was starting to lose the battle to hold it together. “I told you we’re not here to argue. We’re here to get you the fuck out of here. We won’t let that son-of-a-bitch hurt you anymore!”

Sean lightly stroked Danny’s cheek. “Let me protect you, sweetheart. I meant it when I said I love you. I won’t let him hurt you anymore.” He gathered Danny to him and Danny finally lost it. He clung to Sean like a lifeline and sobbed and sobbed until he wore himself out.

Danny sniffled and hiccupped. “He’ll kill you,” he whispered.

“I won’t let him.” Sean replied, laying his cheek on Danny’s head.

I went into Danny’s room and found it a complete disaster area. I shuddered when I saw blood on the edge of the nightstand and wanted to find Trevor and beat the ever-loving shit out of him. I had to get my best friend out of here. I grabbed a suitcase from the closet and started throwing Danny’s things into it. When it was full, I went into the kitchen to grab some garbage bags. Sean was holding Dan close and kissing him softly. He brushed Danny’s hair back and peppered his face with small kisses, and then held him tightly.

I felt a sharp pang of jealousy. Danny was always teasing me about being a slut, and I totally was, but it seemed like lately I was wishing for something more than just easy sex.

I filled up a couple garbage bags and dragged them out to the living room. Danny looked apprehensive.

“I don’t know about this, guys. I can handle Trevor. I don’t want either of you getting hurt, or worse, because of me.”

Sean turned Dan’s face so he could look him right in his eyes. “We are hurting because of you. Everything he does to you, he does to me.”

“Me too, asshole. I’m not letting you make the same mistake again. This has gone on long enough. Now let’s get your sorry ass out of here.”

 

Sean

Holding Daniel in my arms again felt so right. I was devastated when I saw the condition he was in. I wondered if Trevor found out about my visit. The thought of him beating Daniel because of me made me want to throw up.

I was grateful to Robbie for letting me hold and comfort Daniel while he packed his things. Robbie had already made one trip to the car while Daniel and I were getting ready to grab the rest of his things. The door was flung open, and then Robbie flew backwards through the door and fell onto the couch.

“Mother fucker!” He got up and launched himself at Trevor, fists flying. It looked like they had already thrown some decent punches. Robbie had a bloody nose and Trevor had a split lip. Robbie held his own pretty good, but Trevor was bigger than him and eventually slammed Robbie into the wall, where he slumped down in a daze.

I stood in front of Daniel protectively. I was not going to let that piece of shit anywhere near him! Trevor wiped the blood from his lips and smiled at me coldly.

“So I guess I get to officially meet the slut that’s been banging my boyfriend.” He laughed and the sound chilled me to the bone. “He’s a pretty good fuck, isn’t he? I can understand why you don’t want to give him up. Of course, it would have been a lot better for you if you had.”

“Daniel is coming with us. He’s through with you.”

“Is that so, Danny boy? You think you’re leaving me? I don’t think so.”

“I am leaving, Trevor. I never should have listened to you in the first place. I love Sean, not you.”

Trevor got a dangerous look on his face. “I don’t know why you always lie to me like this, Danny. I know you love me. I love you and need you here with me. You’re the only good thing that’s ever happened to me, Danny. Now tell your slut to pick up your asshole friend and get the fuck out of here.”

“No.”

“What did you say to me?”

“I said, no. I’m leaving with Sean and Robbie and we’re through, Trevor. I won’t be your punching bag anymore!”

“You know I don’t mean to do those things, baby. It’s the alcohol. I’ll change, Danny, I swear! You can’t leave!”

Daniel sighed and grabbed my hand. “Let’s go, Sean.” He started to head toward Robbie.

“I said you can’t leave.”

I heard the unmistakable sound of a trigger being cocked. My blood turned to ice as I turned and saw Trevor pointing a gun at Daniel.

Daniel

It’s amazing how much your life can change in a matter of a few seconds. When I saw Trevor point that gun at me I froze. Sean shoved me out of the way as I heard a gunshot. The bullet slammed into Sean, spinning him around before he crumpled to the ground. He looked up at me in shock and I think he was trying to tell me that he loved me, only it was blood coming from his mouth instead of words. There was blood everywhere. I held Sean tightly to my chest and sobbed into his hair. There was commotion all around me; lots of yelling and I heard someone screaming. It took me a minute to figure out that it was me screaming. I felt hands pulling me away from Sean and I screamed even louder and did my best to kick and fight my way free, but to no avail.

“Danny!”

I kicked even harder.

“Danny! Stop! They’re trying to help him!” Robbie shook me, and then gathered me to him; turning me away from Sean and the paramedics working on him.

“Your neighbors called the police when they heard me and Trevor fighting. It’s a good thing they got here when they did.”

I looked at him incredulously. “How can you say that? He shot Sean!”

Robbie stiffened and held me even tighter. I heard one of the paramedics say “He didn’t make it.” A strangled sob escaped me before I passed out in Robbie’s arms.

Please don't hate me too much for the cliffhanger! We are getting toward the end of the story, now. There is one more chapter, plus an Epilogue. Please review and let me know what you think :)
Copyright © 2014 Valkyrie; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 21
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 2
  • Angry 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Seriously???!!!!!??? "He didn't make it"??? That's what you leave me with?? "He DiDN'T make IT???" As you can tell, I'm just a tad...ok ALOT upset. MAKE THIS RIGHT!!!!! NOW ok tomorrow! (notice how many exclamation and question marks I used) :pissed: Jeez I hate cliffhangers, really I do. Next chapter, soon. :thumbup:

Link to comment

With a cliffhanger like that, what sort of reaction could you expect? I hope there's

still time to bring in Penguin... he has some real magic. I haven't given up hope yet!

Link to comment

With a cliffhanger like that, what sort of reaction could you expect? I hope there's

still time to bring in Penguin... he has some real magic. I haven't given up hope yet!

Link to comment

How awful! That Trevor needs his eyes scratched out! So sad regardless of the ending. Poor Sean and poor Danny. Tragic.

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 05/20/2014 09:09 AM, LadyDe said:
Seriously???!!!!!??? "He didn't make it"??? That's what you leave me with?? "He DiDN'T make IT???" As you can tell, I'm just a tad...ok ALOT upset. MAKE THIS RIGHT!!!!! NOW ok tomorrow! (notice how many exclamation and question marks I used) :pissed: Jeez I hate cliffhangers, really I do. Next chapter, soon. :thumbup:
**ducks and hides** Sorry! I am horrible, I know :devil: This is the last cliffhanger, I promise!
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 05/20/2014 09:43 AM, Stephen said:
With a cliffhanger like that, what sort of reaction could you expect? I hope there's

still time to bring in Penguin... he has some real magic. I haven't given up hope yet!

I expected to be flayed and have evil and nasty things done to me. :evil: Never give up hope ;)
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 05/20/2014 10:00 AM, Cole Matthews said:
How awful! That Trevor needs his eyes scratched out! So sad regardless of the ending. Poor Sean and poor Danny. Tragic.
You'll find out Trevor's fate in the next chapter. Danny and Sean have definitely been through the ringer. Thanks for reading.
Link to comment

DUDE UR EVIL really ur gonna leave us hanging like this there are words for people like u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for taking the time to write this story and sharing it with us

Bob

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 05/20/2014 10:45 AM, fiedlerbob101 said:
DUDE UR EVIL really ur gonna leave us hanging like this there are words for people like u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for taking the time to write this story and sharing it with us

Bob

I know....I know... I am evil incarnate :P:evil: Thanks for leaving a review :) **goes back to hiding**
Link to comment

Oh Boy... How the hell am I supposed to go to work now?! You better hurry up with the next chapter - and I sincererly hope for you, that it was not Daniel who "didn't make it"! That comment was better Ahmed at something else!

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 05/20/2014 02:33 PM, ninecila said:
Oh Boy... How the hell am I supposed to go to work now?! You better hurry up with the next chapter - and I sincererly hope for you, that it was not Daniel who "didn't make it"! That comment was better Ahmed at something else!
I am planning on posting Chapter 9 on Sunday (although it may have to be sooner if the villagers keep chasing me with pitchforks and torches :P ) Thanks for reading :)
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 05/29/2014 10:22 PM, Suvitar said:
That was intense.....I´m glad that I don´t have to wait for the next chapter....
;)
Link to comment

OMG ! I hope Trevor didn't make it :angry: What a cliffhanger - good thing I can read next chapter right away HAHA ! :hug:

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 06/11/2014 09:19 PM, Slytherin said:
OMG ! I hope Trevor didn't make it :angry: What a cliffhanger - good thing I can read next chapter right away HAHA ! :hug:
Thank you for not coming after me with a pitchfork! LOL
Link to comment

I had a good laugh reading all the reviews and seeing that later readers like me can laugh all the way to the bank knowing they can just open the next chapter to see what this was about. I would also have hated to have to wait to see the conclusion, and might also have looked for you too! Lol!

Link to comment

You are mean, despicably mean. But it can't possibly mean what it sounded like so you're lucky.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
6 minutes ago, dughlas said:

You are mean, despicably mean. But it can't possibly mean what it sounded like so you're lucky.

:devil: I am mean, aren't I?  At least you're reading it after the story is complete. ;) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 6/11/2014 at 1:34 PM, Valkyrie said:
On 6/11/2014 at 1:19 PM, Slytherin said:
OMG ! I hope Trevor didn't make it :angry: What a cliffhanger - good thing I can read next chapter right away HAHA ! :hug:

Thank you for not coming after me with a pitchfork! LOL

Not too late to do that, 🐧 :funny:

  • Wow 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
10 minutes ago, Slytherin said:

Not too late to do that, 🐧 :funny:

:unsure: 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
  • He’ll kill you. - Danny, seriously...what is the point of having a restraining order if you don't call the cops on his ass?
  • I felt a sharp pang of jealousy. Danny was always teasing me about being a slut, and I totally was, but it seemed like lately I was wishing for something more than just easy sex. - Ah, so Robbie IS aware of it finally. You deserve better, dude.
  • *flips table* Son of a bitch shot him. 
  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
3 hours ago, Thirdly said:
  • He’ll kill you. - Danny, seriously...what is the point of having a restraining order if you don't call the cops on his ass?
  • I felt a sharp pang of jealousy. Danny was always teasing me about being a slut, and I totally was, but it seemed like lately I was wishing for something more than just easy sex. - Ah, so Robbie IS aware of it finally. You deserve better, dude.
  • *flips table* Son of a bitch shot him. 

Even troglodytes have their epiphanies.  And yup.  :(

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..