Jump to content
    vlista20
  • Author
  • 4,938 Words
  • 5,677 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Shane - 19. Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Seth dropped him off at Tad’s shop at three forty five. He opened the front door making the bell over it ring just like in the old stores he’d seen in older movies. “Hey Shane.” Kathy Cleverand said from behind the counter. A woman he’d met on two occasions and had been pretty nice both times.

“Hi. Where’s Tad?”

“Back in his office.”

Shane nodded and forced himself to stay walking as he wanted desperately to break out into a run. He walked in the office and dropped his bag into a chair by the door. He ran around the desk and threw his arms around Tad.

Tad chuckled and rubbed his back while he moved Shane’s face up with his hand and kissed his cheek. “So the day was that bad?”

Shane stood up and sat on the edge of the desk. “Oh it sucked.” But his smile was so big Tad didn’t buy it for a second.

“Well let’s see.” Shane held out his hands like he was gonna count something out on his fingers. “First off, all my teachers had the audacity to be real nice.” He put a finger down. “Second off the friends I met at the party had the balls to be real nice to me too.” he put another finger down as Tad grinned widely crossing his arms across his chest and leaning back in his chair. “Then the God Damn gym teacher that fucking son of a bitch said I could join the diving team.”

Tad’s eyes lit up and he slammed his hand down on his desk. “My God Shane that’s awesome. That god damn prick.” He added just to keep up with the game before standing up and giving Shane another huge hug. “I’m so proud of you.”

Shane nestled into his hug closing his eyes feeling totally at home and totally content. “You know what?”

Tad pulled back and looked into his eyes. “What?”

“I think maybe I’m a little proud of me too.”

Grinning again Tad cupped the back of his neck and pulled him into yet another hug. “Damn that’s good to hear.”

Tad sat back down a minute later beaming like any proud father would while Shane swung his leg back and forth over the desk. “What’s a hippie?”

“Well I’m not sure, pretty much someone who enjoys the simple things in life.” He crossed and arm across his stomach and put a finger to his lips. “Someone who doesn’t get all caught up in money, likes herbal stuff, lives off the land.”

“They ain’t bad people are they?”

Shaking his head Tad said no. “not at all. They are real nice actually. Nicer then most people. Why do you ask?”

“Cause they said my art teacher is one. And Seth said you were one.”

Tad grinned then let out a laugh. “Well don’t worry I take it as a compliment.”

Shane smiled happily. “Good then I don’t have to be offended.”

“Certainly not on my account.” He was glowing inside that Shane would be offended at someone picking on him. He knew Shane liked him but was getting the feeling maybe Shane liked him more then even he knew. “Why don’t you sit over on the other side of the desk and do your homework. That way when you get home you can call Sam and Aaron and not have to worry about homework.”

“Sure,” He got down off the desk and walked around pulling out his least favorite, Algebra, homework first. He sat and worked on it quietly while Tad did a lot of punching into a calculator and writing stuff down. At five thirty with his homework done Shane helped him lock up and they drove home.

They walked in the door and the smell of scallops greeted them as strongly as Shep greeted Shane. Shane knelt right down and gave him a big hug then set his book bag on the stairs and followed Tad into the kitchen. Don was standing at the island slicing cucumbers. “Well how’d it go?”

Shane rambled on and on about how great his day was and Don hugged him as tightly as Tad had over the swim team announcement.

“Well I can’t wait til the first meet. What are your school colors? I’ll have to wear the proper colors.”

Shane grinned a feeling of euphoria washing over him so strong tears sprang right out of his eyes with no warning at all. Don cupped his hand around his neck and wiped them with his thumb. “Happy tears?”

Shane nodded feeling pretty embarrassed.

“Well you better get it all out Shane. Cause we are gonna go to every single one of your meets. Cheering you on louder then anyone else cheers their kids on.”

Shane chuckled through his tears and wrapped his arms around Don’s neck. “I love you guys.” He’d said it. He’d never said it to them before had been scared to. He braced himself a bit hoping it had not been a huge mistake. Don’s arms only closed in tighter around him then he felt Tad come up behind him and he was immersed between them.

“And we love you Shane. Very much.”

Shane could hear that he was crying and it made him not feel so stupid that he’d been crying. When they pulled out of the hug he smiled at Tad then to Don. “Happy tears?”

They both laughed and nodded while wiping furiously at their eyes.

After dinner Shane borrowed Don’s digital camera went up to his room positioned it on the desk then took off his clothes. He brought the naked picture of Sam up on the screen and that was all he needed to get hard. He set the timer on the camera then posed in front of it in sort of a super man pose while he tried not to laugh at how stupid he felt doing this whole nude picture thing.

He set the timer one more time then turned back to the camera. Leaning over he spread his ass cheeks and did laugh this time knowing his face would not be seen in this picture. He took a few more suggestive shots the more he did the more fun he had then put his clothes back on and sat down at his desk.

He downloaded the pictures into his computer then mailed them off to Sam. He got on the internet and his eyes lit up seeing Sam was on there too. He brought up his instant messenger and typed in. ‘Check your email I’ll call you in five minutes.’

He waited long enough for Sam to say okay then clicked off the internet and patted Shep for five minutes. Five minutes passed and he picked up the phone and dialed Sam’s number. All he heard was laughing for about 10 seconds after the phone was picked up on the other end.

“God Shane I love you.”

Grinning Shane changed his voice and said. “Whose Shane.” There was a second or two of silence and Sam busted out laughing all over again.

“You had me there for a minute.”

Shane laughed. “So you liked the pictures?”

“God yes, I’m gonna have fun when the lights go out tonight. I especially like the ass close up.” He started snickering again and Shane joined in. “So love muffin, how was school?”

Shane told him and Sam got so excited Shane had to pull the phone away from his ear so he would not lose an ear drum from Sam’s yells of excitement. When he calmed down there was a heavy moment of silence after Shane broke the bad news.

“Well,” He said sighing deeply. “You ain’t gotta worry about him bugging you there Shane. You got plenty of friends who’ll stick up for you.”

“I know, and it really didn’t bother me as bad as I thought seeing him again would. I hate him I know that. But he didn’t really scare me or make me pee my pants or anything.”

“God what are the damn odds you two would both change schools then end up in the same school?”

“Bad odds.”

“Did you tell Seth to beat him up?”

Chuckling Shane said no then explained why. Sam said the same thing Seth did but seemed content to go along with Shane in whatever he said. They talked for so long that night that Shane did not get a chance to call Aaron so he sent him an email apologizing and saying he would call him the next night before shutting out his light and going to bed.

He walked into art class on Friday very excited to see how the teacher would do guessing who every one was. He had no idea why it interested him so but it did. He sat down by Kenny in his usual seat.

“Well today’s the big day.” he said then started laughing thinking it was funny as hell how excited Shane was about the teacher’s little game.

Shane smacked him on the arm. “Stop picking on me.” He said laughing himself.

Miss Moon stood up three minutes later with the papers in her hand. She walked around slowly and handed them out looking like she was doing some last minute thinking. She walked up to Kenny and Shane last.

“You two have got me confused. I must say that hardly ever happens. By me being confused it means that the two of you think a lot alike.” Shane and Kenny looked at each other in surprise the news pleasing them both.

“You’re good friends huh?” She asked smiling warmly at the both of them. They both nodded without hesitation.

“See it’s amazing what you can tell from one drawing.” She looked at the two drawings in her hand Shane could see through the thin paper and saw she was holding the picture of Shep and the one of Jimmy’s cat. She looked from them to the papers for a minute then sighed and slid the picture of Shep down in front of Shane and the cat down in front of Kenny.

“How’d I do?”

Shane grinned at her picking up the picture. “Very good.”

“And you both are very good artists. I’m very excited to see what work you produce this year.” she started to turn away. “And Shane. I’m your faculty advisor. Do you mind staying and talking with me for a few minutes after class?”

“No ma’am.” She set them to work in white doctor type jackets around the easels with acrylic paints to paint a bowl of fruit. “No drawing.” She said like it was life or death. “Just work your paints. Get the feel of them. Learn how each one has a life of it’s own.”

Kenny turned bright red from trying not to laugh and Shane tried not to laugh soley cause Kenny was being so funny in his effort not to. The white coat itself was funny on him as it was like three times too big, rolled up five times on the sleeves and the bottom was hanging down on the floor. He looked even cuter then usual in it and again Shane just want to grab a hold of him and squeeze.

Still unable to picture him and Jimmy having sex he wanted to get more of a visual. He leaned over and whispered. “Are you a top or a bottom?” in Kenny’s ear.

Kenny broke out laughing making a long red line across his canvas as it caught him so off guard. “Look what you made me do.” He said pointing to the canvas and the red streak with his brush.

Shane grinned then got up and wet some paper towels he wiped off the streak leaving only a very light pinkish hue. Then threw the papers away. “well you gonna tell me?” He asked stepping back up behind the easel.

“You want to know cause you can’t get over what it must be like for us in bed can you? You think he’d squish me.” he was grinning widely and seemed to enjoy this conversation.

Shane laughed a little nervously then nodded.

Kenny laughed again making sure to hold his brush away from the canvas. “My answer is only gonna make it worse.”

Shane’s eyes widened. “You are a bottom then?”

Chuckling at Shane’s wide eyes Kenny nodded. He leaned over closer. “Mine ain’t big enough to get through his big ole ass cheeks anyways.”

Shane turned a little red but managed to grin. “Seems to me like his would be bigger then your whole ass though.”

Kenny laughed again. “His ain’t as big as the rest of his body. It’s not teeny but nothing more then a little guy like me can’t handle. I imagine it would be a little funny for someone to watch. That’s why we haven’t invited spectators.” Kenny started laughing again at his own joke and Shane laughed right a long with him.

“It really doesn’t bother me though Shane that people might laugh at us. I love him and that’s all that matters. I know he loves me too and I feel so safe with him. You know what I mean?”

Shane smiled warmly and nodded. “Yeah I think I do.”

When the bell rang Shane grabbed his pack and walked up to Mrs. Moon’s desk. “Oh have a seat dear.” she said standing up and walking to the other side of her desk. She sat on the edge of it while Shane sat down in a chair.

“How are things going so far for you here?”

“Really great ma’am. I really like it.”

She crossed her arms across her chest and smiled warmly. “Heard me called Looney miss Moon yet?”

Shane blushed and looked at the floor. She started laughing. “I spose I am a little looney. But I like to think I’m a good teacher and I don’t want those other kids to scare you off towards me. I’m here to help you out and I don’t want you to ever be scared to come to me with anything.”

“I won’t be scared Miss Moon. I think you are very nice. And I’ve not let what people have said scare me. No one’s really said anything mean other then the looney thing and that’s not necessarily scary I think everyone can be a bit Looney sometimes.”

She laughed again and patted his shoulder. “You are certainly right about that. So you are content with all your classes and everything?”

“Yes ma’am.”

“Have you got any plans for after you graduate?”

“No ma’am.”

“Don’t have any idea what you want to do when you grow up?”

“No ma’am.”

“Well Shane you are a Junior this year. In less then six months you’ll need to start filling out college applications. Why don’t you start thinking on it. I’m here anytime you want to talk and I’m pretty knowledgeable when it comes to careers and the best colleges to go to for those careers. As you probably guessed I’m for you at least going to college.” she smiled warmly again.

“Well I’ve never considered it before. But I’ll think on it okay?”

“Sure dear. I wish you would a college education can be very valuable.”

“And very costly.”

“Oh there’s scholarships and grants. I think you’d be eligible for some. Remember though the sooner you apply the better chances are of you getting them. Now I’ll write you a pass to your next class. That is if there isn’t anything you want to tell me.”

Shane shook his head and stood up. “No ma’am.”

She chuckled as she turned to her desk and picked up a notepad. “You sure are a polite young man.”

He sat down at lunch between Kenny and Seth like he had been all week. “So what did Looney Miss Moon want?” Kenny asked.

Shane shook his head. “She wanted to tell me that she didn’t want me to be scared of her despite what all the very rude kids in this school call her.”

Kenny put his hand over his mouth and chuckled. “So she knows we all call her that?”

Nodding Shane looked up at Jimmy who was smiling with his arm wrapped around Kenny. “So you think I’d squish him huh?”

Shane nearly choked on his milk and turned bright red. “Kenny did you tell on me?”

Kenny nodded and chuckled some more burying himself deeper into Jimmy’s massive body and pulling his arm tighter around him. Jimmy laughed and shook his head. “You are not the first one to ask Shane. And I’m sure you won’t be the last. It takes a lot of muscle to have sex with Kenny when you’re my size.” He grinned widely. “To make sure you don’t fall over and make a pancake out of him.”

Lowering his head Shane laughed still unable to picture anything but cartoon character looking Kenny and Jimmy going at it.

“You can’t sit here.” Shane’s head shot back up at Seth’s voice and he looked across the table where Derek was standing by Pete.

“Why not?” Pete asked angrily while Shane’s eyes locked into Derek’s.

Seth pointed over at Shane. “They have history.”

Shane shrunk down on the bench wanting to disappear right under it. Kenny looked from Derek to Shane nervously while Seth held his ground and stared warning-ly at Pete.

“Well we...” Pete pointed to Derek then himself. “Have a present. And I don’t think I should have to lose my lunch spot just cause they have a history.”

Shane watched Derek’s face turn as red as his felt. “It’s okay man. I’ll just go sit somewhere’s else.”

“Yeah do that ass hole.” Seth sneered.

Shane put his hand on Seth’s arm. “It’s okay,” he looked up at Pete then Derek. “It’s okay really. Derek can sit here. I don’t mind.” He did mind but did not want to be the asshole of the situation.

Seth looked at him with a gaping mouth. Shane squeezed his arm tighter. “It’s alright Seth.” He gave him a look that he hoped portrayed he just wanted to subject to drop. Seth read it and took a deep breath calming his raging anger. “Yeah okay Pete. I’m sorry.” He looked like it killed him to say it but he looked a little better after seeing Shane’s very appreciative smile.

Pete sat down across from Kenny and motioned for Derek to sit on the other side of him closest to the wall and as far away from Shane as possible while still sitting at the same table. Pete looked at him apologetically and Shane smiled at him.

Derek could easily tell who knew the story of what he’d done. He was surprised it was only two he’d have figured Shane would have told all his friends which was why he’d been so surprised when Pete started making passes at him in the locker room before and after football practice.

He’d thought Pete was cute from that first day in the cafeteria thought the whole table was pretty damn hot. But Shane was by far still the cutest and he had to force himself to keep his eyes on his tray and not stare over at him.

“You coming to practice tonight Shane?” Kenny asked after a few minutes.

“I can’t I have an appointment.” He said it quietly but there wasn’t anyway to say it low enough for Derek not to hear unless he whispered which would probably raise more of a suspicion then him just saying an appointment.

“You can get out of study hall again though can’t you?” Seth asked.

“Oh sure, as long as I keep my grades up I can stay out of study hall. Sort of a deal the coach worked out.” Shane downed the rest of the milk and got up from the table.

“Where you going?”

“I’m all done.”

Seth sighed and shot Derek a dirty look. Derek didn’t see it but Pete did. He kept quiet about it though til Shane was out of earshot. “He didn’t do anything man.”

Derek looked up and over at Seth who was looking back at Pete with daggers coming out of his eyes. Seth turned to Derek seeing him looking. “What are you trying to do Derek?”

Derek stammered but could say nothing comprehendible.

Seth threw his fork back into his tray. “You are god damn lucky Shane told me to leave you alone you fuck. Cause I’d kick your fucking ass into next week.” He stood up grabbed his tray and took off before Derek could say anything not wanting to hear a word that came out of his God Damn mouth.

With 20 minutes left of lunch Shane went up to the library wanting to get a good book to read over the weekend. He walked through the fiction section tracing his finger along the books pulling one out here and there and checking it over. He went down one aisle then turned into another seeing the girl who’d been laughing at him the first day of school. The one who’d been wearing the cute blue suit thing-y he turned back out of the aisle and went over to the next one.

He was just starting down the aisle when the girl joined him. “Hi Shane.” he dropped his finger that had been tracing along the books back to his side and smiled at her.

“How are you?” She asked almost curtsying as she said it.

“I’m fine. How are you?” he wanted to at least appear polite.

“Well I’m good.” she leaned back against the bookshelves and ran her finger along her lips while her eyes studied his face.

“Is there something I can help you with?” Shane asked too uncomfortable to just stand there and wait for whatever the hell it was she wanted.

“Well uh,” She giggled a bit and turned bright red.

Shane shook his head. “Are you teasing me or something?” He asked turning and looking around to see if there were other people there to watch him get teased.

“No Shane. I just gotta ask you something.”

“Well ask it.” he snapped.

“Are you gay?”

Shane rolled his eyes and took off down the aisle. She ran up behind him and grabbed his arm. “I’m not teasing you Shane. I just want to know. So I can not waste my time flirting with you all year.”

He stopped and turned back to her totally shocked now. Not only was she not gonna tease him she apparently thought he was worth flirting with. She smiled shyly at him looking nervous. He smiled back feeling a little sorry for her looking so nervous. “Yes I’m gay.” he braced himself still expecting her to laugh right in his face but she only smiled again letting out a sigh.

“Why is it all the cutest guys are gay?”

Shane laughed a little and shook his head. “I have no idea. In fact I hadn’t really noticed. But I appreciate your compliment anyways.”

She held her books tighter to her chest, leaning her head into the bookshelves she sighed again. “And apparently very nice too.”

Blushing Shane chuckled.

“And modest.”

He put his hand out and nudged her arm. “Would you stop you are embarrassing the hell out of me.”

She touched his hand. “I’m sorry. And I’m sorry I made you uncomfortable that first day in class. My friend and I get a little excited when we see a new cute guy. We weren’t saying anything mean. Just how cute you were.”

A little unable to believe it Shane was finding himself liking this girl. He’d never talked to any girl around his age this long before. Had mostly run from girls as fast as he could. But this girl seemed real nice.

“There you are.” Shane turned to see Seth coming down the aisle. He stopped beside him and looked over at the girl. “Natalie are you trying to convert again.” He said putting his hands on his hips like he was pissed but Shane could tell he was just joking.

Natalie laughed. “I was just checking. I won’t try and convert.” she reached out her hand and Shane shook it. “Maybe we could at least be friends.”

Shane smiled and nodded. “That sounds nice.”

She nodded to him then to Seth then turned around and walked off. “She seems nice.” He said turning to Seth.

“Oh yeah she’s real nice. One of the few girls I can tolerate at this school.” Grabbing his hand Seth led him over to one of the tables. “Can I please kick Derek’s ass.” He said holding his hands up in a praying position.

Shane laughed. “No, I’m sorry Seth I just wouldn’t feel right about it. It would make me as bad as he is.”

“No it wouldn’t you aren’t pretending to love him. You would just be defending your honor.”

Putting his hand over Seth’s in the middle of the table Shane shook his head. “No you’d be defending my honor. Don’t get me wrong I really appreciate the offer, but he hasn’t done anything to me. He seems like he’s sorry. I’m not gonna start trouble all over again.”

“You tell Sam about this?”

Shane’s eyes widened in shock. “You mean you didn’t call him right up and tell him?”

Seth shook his head. “I got grounded from long distance calls. I was up about 200 bucks last month my dad was pissed.”

“I told him. I told him what I told you. He seemed okay with it. Said it was my decision. He’s as unhappy as you are at the situation but he knows it’s my situation and will go along with what I say.” He pointed over at Seth jabbing him in the forehead. “And if you call and sway him I’ll kick your ass.”

Seth grinned and rubbed his forehead. “Alright I’ll be good. But I swear if that fuck puts one finger on you it’s all over.”

Shane nodded. “That sounds fair.”

In the locker room before gym Kenny grabbed his gym clothes and took off again to the bathroom stalls. Shane felt sorry for him that he had to do that cause he knew he did cause he didn’t want anyone seeing his scars. He was facing his own locker when Derek’s voice spoke up.

“Is that Seth guy your boyfriend?”

Shane shook his head and slipped on his shirt. He threw his other one in the locker and turned around. “Why does it matter to you?”

Derek shrugged. “I just want you to be happy Shane. I think that guy would take good care of you.”

“I don’t need any taking care of.” he snapped pulling roughly at the bottom of his shirt.

“Do you have a boyfriend?”

Giving him a dirty look Shane asked. “Why does it matter?”

“I just want to know.”

“Even if I didn’t I would never go out with you again.”

“I know that Shane.” He knew it but desperately wished it didn’t have to be that way. He loved Shane every bit as much as he had when they were going out and didn’t think that love would ever stop. “Is that little guy your boyfriend?”

“My boyfriend doesn’t go to this school. You probably know him though. He went to Prescott last year.” He wasn’t sure why he was giving out this information. Figured maybe it was just cause he was real proud of his boyfriend and wanted Derek to know just for that reason.

“Who?”

“Sam Mcneil.”

Derek nodded looking like he approved, not that Shane gave a shit, but also impressed which Shane really liked. “He good to you?”

“Hell of a lot better then you were.”

Derek nodded again and lowered his eyes to the floor. “My dad said he talked to you right after it happened. He said you didn’t look good at all.”

“Did you expect me to look good?” Shane shot out angrily. “I couldn’t move for a fucking week Derek. I couldn’t see I couldn’t sit up. And you left me there to fend for myself.” Tears burned at Shane’s eyes and he refused to let them fall. “I don’t know if I’d have made it if Don hadn’t come along. I was scared to death.”

Tears were coursing down Derek’s cheek as he shook his head and apologized repeatedly.

“I don’t know why you expect me to keep talking to you. To act like I like you when I don’t. If you were me would you forgive you?”

Derek shook his head again.

“I don’t give a shit if you sit with Pete at lunch. I don’t give a shit if you come to parties I’m at. But I don’t want you talking to me.” He could not believe how bold he was being. Could not believe how much Derek was crying he did not care though he’d cried a hell of a lot harder the night he was attacked and the days following it. Derek in his opinion deserved to feel as bad as he was feeling now. Kenny walked back into the aisle he looked at Derek then at Shane. He jammed his clothes in his locker took Shane’s hand and hauled him away from Derek.

“Why don’t he just leave you alone?” He asked angrily as they walked into the gym.

“I don’t know, don’t worry about it though. I’m quite certain he’s not intending on hurting me.”

Copyright © 2011 vlista20; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 10
  • Love 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..