Jump to content
    Yeoldebard
  • Author
  • 5,241 Words
  • 2,122 Views
  • 9 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Alliance - 1. Matters of State

Aaron Etaro walked slowly through the halls of his home, unsettled by his own actions. He felt the weight of his station more keenly now than he ever had in his three years as king of Astara.

Twenty-five years old, he knew he lacked the life experiences that made him an effective ruler. He was grateful for the presence of his mother’s advisors, though he knew better than to let them run the world for him.

The elf stopped his walking, turning to look out the window of the palace. Not his palace, though many before him believed the building to be theirs. No, this was the property of the people of Astara, and he was merely a steward of their interests.

The lights of the city spread out below him, shining in the dark of the night. They soothed him, letting him know that as bad as he felt he was screwing this all up, at least the world wasn’t imploding under him.

“Can’t you sleep, father?”

He turned to find his adopted daughter looking at him in concern.

“Adara, when you take over the world, you will find it is not as easy as it seems. I bear the responsibility for the lives of the planet, and to send ten of them barreling off into the cosmos seems irresponsible. But in the name of science, it is done, and their lives are out of my hands now.”

Aaron sighed quietly, reaching over to lightly ruffle Adara’s hair. The neko smiled at his touch, her young body trembling slightly.

“Come, there is no sense in both of us being tired come morning.”

He escorted the neko to her rooms in the north wing of the palace, their guards nodding to their royal family. Sitting Adara on her bed, Aaron sat beside her.

“Our traditions are important to keep,” he said quietly. “But you should realize they can hurt too. I wasn’t ready for my mother’s death. At the age of twenty-two, who would be ready to take on the world?”

“Is this about the scientists?”

The elf nodded.

“I’m telling you right now Adara, you will never be ready to send lives into danger. If ever you can do that without a moment’s hesitation, you need to get help.”

Adara nodded. Fifteen years old yet wise beyond her age, Aaron had to admit their traditions had merit. Going into an orphanage and finding an heir among the ones who needed help the most, it bred rulers that respected the lower classes and tried to make life easier for them. Or it bred rulers that took advantage of their position, though those rulers were few and far between.

Aaron sighed.

“You’re young still. You have time to enjoy yourself.”

He stood up, leaning over to kiss Adara’s head.

“Get some sleep, okay?”

“Father,” Adara started.

Aaron waited, looking at his daughter.

“Yes?” he prompted a moment later.

“There’s an elf in the city,” Adara said quickly.

Aaron smiled.

“There are a lot of elves in the city. I’m assuming you’re talking about one in particular?”

“She’s a friend of mine, but I think I like her as more than a friend.”

“Do you think she likes you too?”

Adara shrugged.

“I told her I’m an orphan,” she said.

Aaron nodded in understanding.

“Did I ever tell you about my old friend Ythar?”

Adara shook her head.

“I met her a year after Mother adopted me. If it had been any sooner, I would have tried to wow her with my position as the heir to the throne. But in that year, I had seen so many men try to court my mother for her wealth and power, despite her insistence that she would not mate with anyone. It is a vow some rulers take to avoid any upsets with the ascendancy.

“When I saw that, I grew afraid that Ythar would try to use my influence if she knew the truth about me. But when Mother passed and I claimed the throne, the truth came out about me rather forcefully. Ythar was so upset that I didn’t trust her, that she refused to talk to me ever again.”

Adara frowned.

“So you’re saying I should be honest with her.”

“I’m saying that a little caution is a good thing, but when it comes between your relationships, it is better to be honest.”

The neko wrapped her arms around her father.

“Thank you,” she said quietly.

Aaron smiled as he stood up.

“Now get some sleep. I’m going for a run. Maybe it will help me a little.”

“Have fun,” Adara said, settling back on her bed.

Aaron flicked off the lights as he left the room, nodding to the guard on watch. After a moment’s thought, the elf paused in his walk, turning back to the guard.

“Excuse me, do you know if Darren and Itumak are on guard duty tonight?”

“Itumak is patrolling tonight Your Majesty.”

“Thank you,” Aaron smiled, pressing a silver into the man’s hand.

“Thank you, Your Majesty,” the guard stammered.

Aaron strode away, a grin on his face. Loyalty went a long way toward keeping him safe but having a reputation as a caring ruler helped too.

He thought briefly about his daughter. The story Aaron told had been a lie, but it was for a good cause, and it had gotten his point through. His mother had taught him the lesson of conditional honesty when she found out he was a werewolf. It wasn’t his fault she hadn’t known. He thought Itumak had been clean and they had only been together that once, a week before he had been adopted.

He had been so scared she was going to disown him. It wouldn’t be the first time that happened in the history of Astara. Occasionally an heir didn’t work out as a prospective ruler and they were returned to their old lives.

But his mother had taken him aside after the guards caught him that first full moon and told him being a werewolf was nothing to be ashamed of, but he needed to be careful to shift only when he knew it was safe.

And now he walked through the same halls she had, warm and cheery halls. It felt like home, and it would be his home for the rest of his life, just as the burdens he bore would be his for the rest of his days.

He hurried through the halls, walking out to the barracks where the guards slept when they were off duty.

“Your Majesty,” Captain Darren nodded as he approached.

“Captain, I would like to go for a run. Would you care to join me?”

“Of course Your Majesty.”

The human followed Aaron into the barracks, a young neko approaching the two.

“Your Majesty,” the neko smirked.

“Your Grace,” Aaron bowed mockingly.

They embraced quickly, Aaron smiling widely.

“I was told you’re patrolling tonight Itumak,” he said.

“I was, but Captain Darren and I figured you would want to run tonight. I’ll patrol tomorrow instead.”

Aaron smiled gratefully at the human captain.

“Thank you,” he said.

They passed through the barracks, Aaron receiving salutes from his guards. Closing themselves in a small antechamber, Aaron began stripping, removing the extravagant trappings that declared him king of Astara. He felt Itumak’s eyes on him as he disrobed.

He knew the neko liked him. Itumak had admitted it that night. But they weren’t mates, and while Aaron had agreed to sleep with the neko that night, he had told him afterwards that it wouldn’t happen again.

They still looked at each other though, appreciative of the other’s looks. Aaron loved looking at nekos, their cat-like bodies never failing to get his wolf going. Not that it mattered. He had sworn to never take a lover unless he was certain that person, male or female, would have Astara’s best interests in mind.

Even Darren caught his interest, a muscular man whose body had been honed into a weapon. The two were his pack, his family as much as Adara was his family, and he loved running across the palace grounds with them, escaping into the forest outside the palace and running free.

Darren opened the door leading outside and the three shifted, Aaron taking comfort in the crunching pain of his transformation. They trotted outside, Aaron barking an order before taking off.

Galloping through the gardens, Aaron turned toward the trees marking the boundary of the palace grounds, Itumak and Darren running at his shoulders. He could smell a strange scent on the air, and barking at Darren, the pack turned to track the smell.

It was strange, a scent like a sanitized fox, if there was such a thing. But under that smell, Aaron caught the scent of a man, musky and sweet all in one, and slightly feminine at the same time. It intrigued him and he sniffed the air as they slowed.

A bush rustled nearby, and a small head poked out. Darren and Itumak instantly stepped in front of Aaron, growling at the fox. But the creature ignored them, taking a timid step forward. Its nose twitched, and its eyes bored into Aaron’s, searching for something.

Aaron growled at Darren quietly, and the wolf stepped back, allowing the fox to pass. Aaron approached the animal, sniffing him cautiously.

His wolf spoke up suddenly, something that hadn’t happened in years, and Aaron bit back a yelp.

“He smells like home…”

Aaron closed his eyes, taking another long inhale. His wolf was right. The fox’s scent smelled like everything he ever wanted in someone. But he was a fox. There was no way his mate could be a fox.

The fox backed away from the wolves, studying them. He waved his tail at Aaron before backing away into the bushes once more.

Aaron let his body change again, standing on his feet as a cool breeze washed over his naked body. Seconds later Itumak joined him, Darren remaining in wolf form to deal with any threats.

The elven king stared after the fox uncertainly, chewing his lip.

“What is that?” Itumak asked quietly. “He certainly acts like no fox I’ve seen before.”

Aaron agreed.

“My wolf recognised him,” Aaron said.

Both Itumak and Darren stared at Aaron, understanding the unspoken implication.

“A strange fox? Aaron, I never took you for one who would be interested in that kind of relationship,” the neko said, abandoning all formality as he talked with his friend.

“I don’t,” Aaron frowned. “But I’m going after him.”

“Is that safe?” Itumak questioned.

Aaron shrugged helplessly.

“I don’t know what else to do. Darren, follow me in two minutes.”

He dropped back into his wolf form, crawling through the bushes until he found the fox sitting in a small clearing.

The fox stood and approached slowly, the two beings sniffing each other again. Aaron felt strange, nerves bubbling in his gut and a fire in his loins. He hadn’t felt this way since that night he coupled with Itumak.

Circling the fox, the werewolf sniffed his tail. The fox sat suddenly, blocking the wolf’s advances, and Aaron backed up slightly, his head cocked as he tried to sort through his feelings.

The fox chuffed quietly, apparently reaching a decision about the wolf, and his body suddenly grew.

This time Aaron did yelp, scrambling back as the fox stood on two legs.

“Calm yourself,” a robotic voice said. “I mean you no harm Lord Aaron.”

 

He stood naked in front of the werewolf, ready for the elf to attack. When the attack didn’t come, Mateio relaxed slightly.

“Can you return to your bipedal form, please? It will be easier to converse that way.”

The wolf rippled, his shifting body crunching in a way that made Mateio wince. The fox took a moment to examine the being before him, tall and slender, hair long and golden, framing a narrow face with vibrant blue eyes.

“Who are you?” the elf demanded.

Mateio took a breath.

“I’m a friend Lord Aaron,” he said. “My name is Mateio Estian, and I’m not from this planet.”

“You aren’t just wearing a suit or something?” Aaron asked, stepping toward the fox nervously.

A sudden blur caught Mateio’s eye and he was thrown to the ground, a wolf’s teeth snapping an inch above his throat.

“Darren, off,” Aaron called, and the wolf stepped off the fox.

Mateio stood up, brushing himself off. He wasn’t too concerned; Aaron didn’t seem the kind of person to do anything without thought.

The third wolf ran through the bushes, nose nudging Aaron’s thigh.

“He didn’t hurt me,” the elf said, gently pushing the wolf away.

The animals took up position beside the elf, their eyes staring Mateio down.

“Like I said,” he continued, clearing his throat nervously. “I’m not from this planet. I’m a Faro, from an alpine world about two hundred lightyears away. I’m kind of breaking several rules by revealing myself, but I read about your planet as a kit and I’ve always wanted to visit.”

“How can we understand you? Can you understand us?”

Mateio nodded.

“Yes Lord Aaron, I can understand you.”

He held up his blue bracelet, the symbol of a commander in the Interstellar Exploration Fleet.

“I have a translator chip in my bracelet. It’s old technology, but it works.”

“How did you know about our planet?”

Matieo chewed on his lip, thinking. With a quiet sigh, he realized he was already in too deep. He was fortunate the planet had already started sending ships to terraform their neighbouring world. He could probably bring them into the Alliance now with little risk to their culture.

“I’m not the first person to visit your world. Another explorer discovered your planet four centuries ago and removed a young neko named Elias.”

Mateio saw Aaron’s eyes widen with recognition at the name.

“His sister reported he was dead,” the elf said. “He was abducted?”

“From what I heard, he was rescued from a life of sexual slavery,” Mateio shuddered. “He is how we- I- know of your planet.”

“Why would you reveal yourself to us? If you’re trying to abduct us, you won’t find us easy targets,” Aaron warned.

“Golaski no. I’m not here to abduct anyone.”

Mateio scratched his head uncertainly.

“Actually, I wanted to meet you,” he said. “You fascinate me with your willingness to help others, even as their superior.”

Aaron frowned, taking a step back.

“You have been watching me?” he asked sharply.

“Not in a creepy stalker way. I’m totally ruining this…”

Mateio wondered if the Science Fleet had improved the removal of memories. Not that he would actually do that.

“It does make sense,” Aaron shrugged. “Not that I’m happy with you watching everything I do, but there was no other way to learn about us I suppose.”

He looked around them with another frown.

“This isn’t really a good place for diplomatic talks,” he said. “Why don’t we head indoors?”

“Um, I’d really rather not be seen by your people,” Mateio said awkwardly. “Your friends were a bit of a necessary evil.”

His eyes met the eyes of the black wolf to Aaron’s left, the wolf baring its teeth in a silent warning.

“Darren, please go bring our clothes. Itumak, make sure Mateio and I are not interrupted.”

The wolves peeled away from them, the black wolf trotting through the bushes after another glare at Mateio. The white wolf vanished around a tree, but Mateio knew he remained nearby in case Aaron needed him.

“So tell me Mateio, what are your intentions with me?”

 

Aaron sat against a tree, crossing his legs. He now had to look up slightly to meet the fox’s gaze, but at least they were on somewhat equal footing. The Faro was small, almost child-like in stature. Orange fur draped over his body, a white patch set under his chin, giving him a look of wisdom. Every part of him seemed small except his ears, standing tall on his head.

The elf could see a bushy orange tail behind the fox. To his surprise, he could read the Faro’s body language easily. It wasn’t much different than Adara or Itumak.

“I think it’s time for your people to join the rest of the galaxy,” Mateio said. “But more than that, I want to get to know you more.”

Aaron smiled slightly. His wolf may have pegged this alien as his mate, but he wasn’t just going to roll over for him.

“Don’t you know everything about me already?” he asked innocently.

“Not quite,” Mateio said uncomfortably. “Until tonight, I didn’t know what you looked like.”

“Your people don’t have TVs?”

“We do, but I never use the one on my ship. Honestly, it was nice hearing the voices of your people. I’ve been scanning systems for the past six months.”

“You are rather different than us,” Aaron said, gazing up and down the fox’s body. “What are you exactly? He? She? Something else?”

“I’m a Faro. We have no real gender. But most label us he, so that is the term we use. As for myself personally, I am a commander in the Interstellar Exploration Fleet. Basically, that means I get paid a lot to fly around searching for asteroids to mine or civilizations to study, whatever the flavour of the year is.”

“So are you going to bring down a bunch of your people to take over now?”

Mateio shrugged.

“Really I should. You’re sending people off into the galaxy and we can make things a lot easier for you, and save lives while doing so.”

Aaron winced at the reminder that he had agreed to send people into space earlier with no guaranteed survival.

“We launched a ship of our own today-”

“Yes, I saw. They are on their own now. Our technology is incompatible right now, and there is no way to reach them.”

The elf sighed quietly as the bushes rustled. Darren appeared, several clothes in his jaws, and returned to his king’s side. Aaron took his clothing and dressed quickly, feeling slightly more at ease when he was no longer bare to the world.

“I can not speak for my people without first talking to my advisors. I would request that you give me some time before you assimilate us into your way of life.”

“I think you misunderstand me. We do not seek to assimilate you; we merely wish to help you become better than you are now. You will keep your way of life with a few minor changes. This system is pretty close to the edge of the galaxy and it’s of little strategic importance. You’ll have several visitors over the course of about five years, then things will go back to the way they are now with the exception that your technology will be improved.”

Aaron held up a hand to stop the fox.

“Again, I would like to discuss this with my advisors. This is a big step for my people and there is no going back. I’m not sure we are ready for this. But I am sure this is not a discussion to be had in the forest while nude. Do you have clothing?”

Mateio nodded.

“I’ll get dressed. Give me a moment and I will return.”

The Faro stepped behind a large tree and returned a minute later, dressed in a tan robe that didn’t quite reach his knees. He looked almost embarrassed to be seen in it.

“I’m sorry, I picked this up in Ceos a while back. It’s surprisingly comfortable.”

Aaron raised an eyebrow at Mateio. He had assumed they were the first people the alien met on the planet. And Ceos didn’t have fabric like what he was wearing.

“You’ve been to Ceos?”

“Yeah, it’s not that far from the Egaro homeworlds. How do you know about it?”

The elf shook his head.

“We must be talking about different places. There’s a city called Ceos to the northwest of here.”

“That’s certainly not the place I’m speaking of.”

Aaron handed the alien a large sweatshirt, the hood more than sufficient to hide his true nature. Mateio donned it gratefully, the shirt falling down to his ankles. He had to roll the sleeves up several times to even see his hands, but the clothing did its job.

Maybe it worked a little too well, Aaron frowned. He had the nearly irresistible urge to pick the Faro up and carry him to the palace. Or perhaps that was the wolf in him trying to claim his mate. Either way, he fought the urge. That was no way to treat a foreign emissary, no matter their species.

Instead, he politely led Mateio to the palace, requesting that a private room be set up beside his suite. This was the start of a new era, and Aaron was not about to screw this up for his people.

 

Mateio lay in the soft bed, unable to sleep. He was under guard, a prisoner in all but name, and the restriction to his freedom chafed at him. He was born to be free, to be an explorer. But he wasn’t going to be an ungracious “guest”.

How had he fucked up so bad? He just wanted to talk to Aaron, and now he was supposed to guide a world through a technological revolution. He couldn’t sleep, the sun rising outside the window to his room. It was going to be a long, exhausting day. Mateio had stepped in it now and there was no going back.

A knock came at his door, and the Faro stood up, straightening his clothes.

“Come in,” he called uncertainly.

He had no real idea of how to deal with this situation. Fake it until you make it.

The door opened, and Aaron walked into the room, a cloak billowing regally behind him. Mateio stared at the elf, stunned by his appearance.

“Good morning. I hope you slept well,” Aaron said.

“Honestly, I didn’t sleep at all,” Mateio said.

“I’m sorry to hear that. I hope we can resolve this quickly so you can return to your rest.”

The Faro nodded.

“Lead the way Lord Aaron.”

Aaron turned, his cloak sweeping behind him heavily. Two armed guards took up position on either side of Mateio, the trio following Aaron through the palace.

Mateio took in the furnishings of the palace, tasteful but not extravagant. He wondered if Aaron had it decorated himself, or if it was the result of generations of kings and queens decorating.

“This isn’t going to be a huge official gathering. I want to keep it relatively quiet,” Aaron said as they walked. “You should keep your hood on for now. I don’t want to scare anyone.”

Mateio chuckled quietly.

“You think I’m scary?”

Aaron shrugged.

“Not you personally. It’s more what you stand for. Personally, I like you. You have an honest feel about you.”

They stopped in front of a set of double doors, Aaron directing the guards to take up position outside the room.

“Most of my advisors were advisors to my mother. They’re old but I trust most of them. There will be a few younger people in the room, but I tried to keep that to a minimum. When we go in, sit beside me and relax. Just be honest about who you are and I give you my word nothing will happen to you,” Aaron said. “Are you ready?”

“I don’t think I’ll ever be ready.”

Feet pounded down the hall, Aaron and Mateio turning toward the sound. A young neko girl slid to a halt in front of the two.

“I’m sorry I’m late Father,” she panted, tail nearly twisting itself in knots.

“You snuck out last night, didn’t you?”

The neko blushed, embarrassed.

“I hope you got everything sorted out to your satisfaction.”

“We talked, Arisa decided she could live with a royal friend. That’s where we stand now.”

Aaron smiled.

“All’s well that ends well.”

The neko looked down at Mateio, the Faro wearing his hood.

“Who is this? Is he the reason for the meeting?” she asked.

“Yes. This is Mateio. Mateio, this is my daughter Adara.”

“It is a pleasure to meet you,” Adara said gracefully.

“You as well,” Mateio replied.

“Let’s get this party going,” Aaron said, the guards opening the doors.

Mateio stared at the room full of people. Humans and elves stood around a circular table, a neko standing against the wall of the room. All conversation died as the room took in their king and princess.

Aaron guided Mateio across the room, helping him sit in a chair. He sat in his own chair, the rest of the room taking their seats only after Adara had sat to Aaron’s right.

“Good morning ladies and gentlemen. I apologise for the unusual meeting, but something came up in the night you should all be aware of,” Aaron said.

“Forgive me for speaking out of turn Your Majesty, but should a child really be present for the proceedings?” a woman asked.

“I thought it only fair he be here Lady Tieran. After all, the meeting is about him. You are all aware of my condition I trust?”

The room nodded, some people murmuring quietly.

“Last night I decided to go for a run to clear my mind before bed. I was accosted by a strange fox. Mateio, please stand,” Aaron bade.

The Faro stood up, his head barely reaching over the edge of the table.

“You may stand on the chair id you need to,” Aaron offered.

With a frown, Mateio climbed onto the seat of the chair, standing straight, if not tall.

“If you would remove your hood please.”

His hands touched his hood, and Mateio hesitated. This was the final point. Once he lowered his hood, there would be no going back.

“It is okay. I promise you will be safe,” Aaron said, looking at the fox.

Taking a deep breath, Mateio swept his hood back, revealing his nature to the people watching. The room was filled with gasps, the people closest to him hurrying to move away.

“Mateio is not from our world. He’s not rabid; you can stop freaking out,” Aaron said. “Mateio, can you please explain who you are?”

Every eye in the room was fixed on him, and Mateio shivered at the intensity of the stares. There was one look that was different, a sort of admiration in Aaron’s eyes, and it emboldened the Faro. He could do this.

“My name is Mateio Estian. I am a Faro from a planet about two hundred lightyears away. I am a part of a government known as the Alliance of Free Systems.”

“Are there alien ships about to take over our planet?” a human demanded.

“No, nothing like that. I’m a part of the Exploration Fleet. We discover new worlds and people to watch. I made a bit of a mistake when I landed on your planet. Showing myself to you is against regulations, but I wanted to explore your world a bit before I returned to my daily life.”

“And your indiscretion is forcing us to adapt to a new universe,” an elf noted coldly.

“Enough,” Aaron said sharply, his hand slapping against the table.

The room was instantly silent.

“Mateio has done nothing other than inform us that our way of thinking about the universe is flawed. He is not at fault for our flawed thinking, and I am grateful he risked his life and possibly his career for us. Now, I believe we have a choice to make here.”

“I say we lock him up where he can’t let anyone know we are here!” the human declared hotly.

“From what I understand, this Alliance has known about us for several centuries. They have left us to our own devices, free to develop in our own time,” Aaron said. “Besides, Mateio is under my personal protection, as per my right as a wolf.”

Mateio frowned, unsure what being a werewolf had to do with protecting him. The human sat down though, falling silent.

“I take it your bracelet acts as a two-way translator,” the neko in the corner of the room spoke up.

“It only translates what I say. I have a chip implanted in my neck that allows me to understand your language. They are standard issue for anyone in the Fleets.”

“That is interesting. I assume it takes interaction with the language to understand it?”

“Yes it does,” Mateio smiled.

“And you said you come from a planet two hundred lightyears away. So you have found a way to break the light barrier?”

“Not exactly. More like we go around it.”

The neko studied the fox with interest.

“Can you explain, please? It is a rather fascinating subject for me.”

“Certainly, though I am no scientist. In the past, nearly eight hundred years ago, a being appeared on the homeworld of the Xanar, one of the founding members of the Alliance. He explained to one of their people that he was from a different universe, and shared with them the secret to get into the universe through a portal. It took a few years but with the being’s help, they were able to construct a working portal drive that could make stable portals into the other universe, closing the portals once the ship was through. This other universe mirrors our own, with the exception that there are no speed barriers present. However, mass still comes into play when slowing a vessel, so it is advisable not to go too fast.”

“Fascinating…” the neko murmured, sitting down.

Mateio smiled at her.

“The Alliance shares all technological information between its member systems. Should you decide to join, you will be taught how to make the portal drives.”

“At what cost? I do not think we should give ourselves to be the lackeys of an unknown power.” someone said. “The fact that you received this portal drive from an all-powerful, mystical being does not bode well for your sanity.”

“Enough Lord Sarin! You will not disrespect my guest in such a manner!” Aaron snapped.

“Your Majesty, we have tried to teach you to rule responsibly out of respect for your mother, may she rest in peace. But if you are going to let your wolf cloud your judgement in a critical matter such as this, then maybe your mother picked the wrong boy.”

The human stood up and stalked out of the room, to stunned silence.

“Lady Tieran, do you share your mentor’s way of thinking on this matter?” Aaron asked icily.

The woman frowned.

“I believe your wolf shouldn’t have any input on the proceedings, however, you have only been defending the alien’s honour against attempts to discredit him.”

Aaron nodded.

“Thank you. Does anyone else have something to say about Mateio?”

The room collectively shook their heads.

“Good. But we still have a decision to make.”

“Your Majesty, I believe it would be best for us to take a break and get our emotions under control,” the neko said.

“I agree Father. This is some rather heavy news you have laid on us,” Adara said.

Aaron nodded again.

“Very well. This information cannot go past this room yet. We will meet back here tomorrow morning, and I hope wiser heads will prevail.”

Copyright © 2019 Yeoldebard; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 15
  • Love 5
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

Sarin already seems to be looming as a potential problem. Aaron really should have have invoked confidentiality at the beginning of the meeting.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
22 minutes ago, Nana Atuwa said:

How tall is Mateio I don’t think I got that cos he seems really small or short 

He's about three and a half feet tall. So yes, he is very short.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Yeoldebard said:

He's about three and a half feet tall. So yes, he is very short.

Thanks 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I'm loving the start to this story! It's practically the inverse to The Neko's Tail. I'm eager to see where this story leads!

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, astone2292 said:

I'm loving the start to this story! It's practically the inverse to The Neko's Tail. I'm eager to see where this story leads!

I do like to have variety in my stories. Writing the same story would get boring 😛

  • Haha 2
Link to comment

I guess it’s not good that I’m starting the series from the middle but this first chapter is really captivating. 
 

All the characters introduced caught my attention. I’m just worried if they are gonna survive until the end. 
 

I love the style focused on characters and action with all the setting and scenography barely sketched around the events, but giving enough substance to make the story tangible. 
 

I’m not a werewolf but this story feels like home 💚💙💜

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Talk about an auspicious beginning to this tale, change is never easy and unplanned events can be quite disconcerting to say the least!

  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..