Jump to content
    Yeoldebard
  • Author
  • 2,450 Words
  • 1,458 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Neko and the Wolf - 6. A Normal Day

“Well I can’t really go anywhere I’ll be recognised, so that kind of rules out most of my ideas,” Finley frowned, looking at Zaddis. “Have you ever been to Skypark? It’s run by the West Astaran pack, but it’s a pretty decent place for being wolf owned. I’ve been dying to get on one of the waterslides there. I know it’s a little late in the year, but they should still be open.”

 

Zaddis shook his head in denial.

"No, never been there... but don't worry... I think I can take care of you getting recognized..."

Stopping, Zaddis closed his eyes and began to focus, a distortion appearing in his hands, as if they were exuding an enormous amount of heat. Placing his hands on Finley's chest, the distortion spread out to cover his body, his features seeming to ripple and change, his light hair and dark skin swapping to light skin and dark hair.

Stepping back, Zaddis bent over, hands on his knees and breathing heavily.

"Whoo... that should work for a few hours..."

 

The neko wobbled slightly, the energies shaking him.

“What… what did you do to me?” he demanded. “Are you okay?”

His fur puffed out as he reached for the man, his skin suddenly absent of nearly any colour. Finley stared in shock at the change.

“Is… this isn’t permanent, right?”

He set a hand on the half elf, gently pushing him to the ground before joining him.

 

Shaking his head as he landed on his butt, the mage caught his breath slowly.

"No, it'll only last a few hours... and its just an illusion... a little something from my mother..."

 

Finley sat beside him in the shadow of the wall, making sure the werewolf caught his breath before they went on.

“So, what, do I have until midnight before I turn into a cranberry?” he smirked, pulling away slightly as he realized his hand was idly stroking Zaddis’ arm. “Sorry…”

 

Shaking his head, "its... quite alright... but no, I'd give it maybe... four or five hours, it was a pretty simple change... should be enough to let us have some fun... right?" Standing, he offered a hand to Finley, "c'mon... no time to dawdle..."

 

Letting himself be pulled to his feet, Finley followed Zaddis down the hill. Once in the city proper, the neko led the half elf toward a bus stop, checking the time on a screen over the stop.

“We have five minutes to kill, unless you want to carry me all the way to West Astara,” he smirked. “What do you think, is public transportation safe enough?”

 

Sighing softly, Zaddis thought about it for a moment.

"With me and the illusion... maybe... but for now, you're just Fin, okay? Probably safer not to use your full name..."

 

“I feel like that is obvious, but okay,” Fin chuckled, checking a metal bench before sitting on it. “Don’t worry, there’s nothing sticky here, you’re safe to sit. Unless you want to sit in my lap?”

He wasn’t sure why he said it. The neko was overwhelmed with the sense of freedom, and if this was his only day to enjoy himself, then he was going to take full advantage of that. Including playing with a friend.

 

Smirking slightly, the half elf decided to play back, taking the seat on his lap and kissing his cheek before shrugging.

"It IS the nicer seat."

 

Fin giggled, spreading his legs to give the half elf a more comfortable seat. The weight was amazing, and he wrapped his arms around Zaddis, holding him in place while trying to wriggle into a more comfortable position himself.

“I like this,” he murmured happily into the half elf’s ear.

No having to worry about what people thought or how he looked to the world. Fin was just a neko having fun, and it was so relieving to just leave all the judgement behind him, even for one day.

“Hey Zaddis…”

The neko pulled at the half elf’s head gently, turning Zaddis just enough to plant the barest whisper of a kiss against his lips.

“Thanks,” he breathed. “For everything.”

 

His cheeks flushed a deep red, but Zaddis smiled, looking genuinely happy to be there with him.

"You don't have to thank me... I'm just glad we can spend some time together and be just us... we'll have to be careful at home though... but I'll try to steal you away every so often..."

 

The bus pulled up with a hiss that made Fin’s ears fold. The neko nudged Zaddis off his lap, pulling out a handful of copper from a pocket. Grabbing the half elf’s hand almost possessively, Fin climbed the steps of the bus, sliding enough coins in the till for them both. He pulled Zaddis behind him as the bus started moving, directing the half elf to a flight of steps leading to the roof of the bus. Nearly empty at the top, it was a simple matter to find a seat for them both, Fin letting out a happy sigh as wind buffeted his face.

 

Smiling as he watched him, Zaddis leaned over and laid his head on Finley's shoulder, still holding his hand.

"I know I kinda weirded you out last night with the mate comments... but it makes me happy to see you smiling..."

 

“I’m glad I could make you happy,” Fin agreed. “The wolf stuff was… disturbing, but I can get over it. You’re the first werewolf I’ve ever really talked to, much less been friends with. And I’ve never done… that… with anyone after knowing them for only a day. You’re okay, right? I didn’t hurt you?”

 

Shaking his head, Zaddis leaned back in his seat.

"No, not at all... and I'm sorry again about that... horny wolf brain is... problematic in the best of times..."

Chuckling softly, he gave Fin a wink.

"And to be fair, I've never done that after knowing someone for a day either."

 

“Glad to know I’m not the only pervert around,” Fin chuckled weakly. “It gets better, right? Like, you’re not going to hump me in my sleep, are you? I don’t want to get any diseases or anything.”

 

Shaking his head, he spoke quietly so only Finley could hear him.

"I'll do my best, I promise... and the only way you could contract the lycanthropy would be to either swallow my cum or if I came in you... anything else is perfectly safe..."

 

“No blowjobs for you then…” Fin muttered, bouncing in his seat as they hit a bump. “But… if I were to…”

He bit his lip, shaking his head slowly. That was not a question he needed answered right now. The neko just wanted to enjoy the day, not spoil it with what ifs about lycanthropy.

“Wait, does this mean Vincent grows fur too?”

 

Shaking his head, the werewolf gestured to himself.

"Nope. Mom was the wolf. Apparently its stupid hard for a female to spread it, short of passing it to her child..."

 

“Oh. So how were you stuck with me? I just assumed they were trying to get me to accept wolves,” the neko frowned. “Not that I’m upset about being around you. It just rubs my fur the wrong way that my entire life seems to have been planned out for me, and I don’t have any say in any of it. Fuck, even you have that mate thing…”

 

Zaddis shook his head.

"Me being assigned to you was actually my father's doing... thought it would teach me some responsibility and respect... and as for the mate... thing... you don't have to do anything about it... it literally just means that I have and will have a strong attraction to you... hell, I've never felt it before, I could be completely wrong about it..."

 

“So this isn’t some diabolical plot to get a werewolf on the throne?” Fin joked, feeling a brief flutter of fear passing through him as he voiced a very real concern. “I already have one of the lords trying to butter me up, as if I could actually help them…”

 

Chuckling softly, Zaddis shook his head.

"No... not in the slightest... and which lord is trying to butter you up?"

 

“Neirin,” the neko muttered, naming an elven lord responsible for much of the northeast region. “Why the fuck we have an elf handling Sarelin is beyond me. No wonder there’s a bunch of protests out there. It’s an insult on top of injury. It would be like sending a neko to be the governor of Mydara… And yet for some reason, Neirin seems to think I’ll help him put my people into more of a chokehold.”

 

Hearing the name got a chuckle out of Zaddis.

"Oh, THAT prick... you know his oldest son? Ask him where that nasty shiner came from tomorrow... it's a fun story."

 

“You didn’t!”

Fin snickered, shaking his head in disbelief.

“Fuck, I’m jealous. I would love to see Neirin squirm. What did Riardin do that set you off? Knowing his father, it was probably a blood thing, right?”

 

Shaking his head, Zaddis scowled at the memory.

"He was rude to Miranda at a dinner about a week before you arrived... she was on the serving staff and he was getting... handsy... to put it politely. I... informed him... that this was a poor decision... only reason I didn't get brought up on any charges was because my father apologized and blamed my wolf side for me being hot-blooded, and the queen likes Miranda more than Riardin... say what you will about her... but she takes care of her staff at least..."

 

“Yeah, I could see that,” Fin scowled. “He’s lucky I wasn’t there. Would have had a nice scar instead of a black eye.”

A claw slid out of a finger for emphasis, the neko glancing at the city around them.

“Oh, we get off at the next stop… and then I think take the blue downtown? Or was it the orange… fuck, I don’t remember…”

 

Smirking, Zaddis nodded.

"No, it's blue, you were right... and no, I could barely get away with it. It would have looked much worse on you..."

Squeezing his hand, the wolf let out a low sigh.

"I know you didn't want any of this Fin... but keep your head up, okay? You’re a good person... I think you can really make some good changes around here..."

 

Fin sighed, standing up as the bus turned. He gripped the seat tightly, walking his way back toward the stairs.

“I just know I’m going to piss someone off. I can’t keep everyone happy, and already it’s like they want me to choose my enemies,” he said, carefully stepping down the stairs. “I don’t even know what I’m doing.”

 

Following him, Zaddis placed a hand on his shoulder.

"It'll work out... just take it one day at a time... I'll be right beside you. I promise."

 

“For how long? This is supposed to be a punishment, right? That means eventually your dad will tell you to go somewhere else. Fuck, it’ll probably happen sooner rather than later if he figures out you’re making me happy,” Fin grunted as the bus stopped.

Stepping off, he ducked into the small shelter, a couple of elves already taking up the only bench. The neko leaned against the back of the shelter with a quiet sigh, studying his guard.

“It’s so weird, my entire life I’ve been taught you were someone to be feared. But now… I mean, aside from last night… I don’t want to lose you,” he said.

 

Frowning slightly, Zaddis shook his head before speaking quietly.

"Even if the posting ends, I'm still a guard... you can decide who you want to guard you, I'm sure..."

 

“It would reek of favoritism. Everyone would know something was up. I don’t know,” Fin grumbled. “I feel like we’re fucked if we do, doomed if we don’t. I don’t know, maybe if I tried to get you on a rotation with Maia… I’m not sure about Darius though. He was giving you the stink eye last night.”

 

"Darius has a constant stick up his ass, he always gives me the stink eye... but yeah, rotation with Maia might work..."

Sighing deeply, Zaddis just rubbed a hand over his face.

"You could always... ah, no, nevermind... it's too early to think about that..."

 

“If those next words had anything to do with consort, I will tie your dick into a knot so large you will never have sex again,” Fin grunted as another bus pulled up.

He climbed the stairs quickly, paying for them both before settling into the middle of the bus. The neko leaned against the large window on the side, letting Zaddis take the aisle seat.

 

Again, Zaddis just chuckled and held his hands up defensively.

"Alright, alright, simmer down, I didn't say it..."

Sitting beside him, he reached over and rubbed Finley’s knee.

"I mean it though... I'll do everything I can to stay at your side... you're not alone..."

 

“Sorry,” Fin sighed. “I’m just so… so scared someone is going to use me, take advantage of me. Are you doing this because you like me, or because I can help your family? Did Miranda let me sit in the kitchen because I could get her in trouble? Am I even supposed to be the next king, or am I just some placeholder until someone better can be found? I can’t trust anything, and it’s wearing me down.”

 

Sighing deeply, Zaddis reached over and turned Fin's head to face him, then kissed him.

"I like you, you big idiot... and Miranda is just a nice person... not everyone is going to try and use you..."

 

Finley moaned softly into the kiss, the neko’s ears swiveling until Zaddis was the only person he could hear.

“I know… and yet I don’t know. And I hate that. It was so much easier before. Look at us now, how free I can be. And yet I still have to be guarded. I don’t know if I can ever give myself to anyone completely. Tomorrow, we have to go back to being distant, to a salute or whatever.”

 

Frowning deeply, Zaddis just laid his head on his shoulder.

"Then let's stop talking about it and just have a good day out... okay? "

 

Fin nodded silently, a hand sliding over Zaddis’ leg.

Copyright © 2021 Yeoldebard; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 13
  • Love 11
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

These two have bonded quickly despite all of Fin's constant fears and doubts.

I had wondered what Zaddis had done to be punished in this particular way, now it makes sense.

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment

Awesome chapter, they are definitely becoming more bonded than before I think that it is "care" 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..