Jump to content
    Yeoldebard
  • Author
  • 3,493 Words
  • 1,063 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Neko and the Wolf - 9. Heart to Heart

The rest of the day passed uneventfully, save for the queen giving Finley a similar talk as Vincent, culminating in her reminding him to sleep well, and be up early and ready for court.

For his part, Zaddis had slept the rest of the day in his wolf from before taking off to patrol the grounds after dark, secretly marking his territory at several spots

 

Sleep well… it was easier said than done. Still, at least he had managed not to tuck tail so tightly around the queen again. She was supposed to be his mother, be teaching him to rule, yet she seemed to be leaving all of that to everyone else. Honestly, Finley wondered why she bothered. She… she wasn’t a bad person, he supposed. But it seemed obvious she had no idea what to do with him.

He needed his sleep. Tomorrow was his first official appearance as prince, if not heir to the throne just yet. But there was no way he could sleep as exhausted as he was. The morning weighed on him heavily as he sat on the balcony rail. Should he have said something to Zaddis? Was this a wolf thing? Or was Zaddis just teasing him like he would anyone else? And why did he have to worry about this shit?

 

As his mind worked, he heard a soft thud on his balcony, followed by a grunt as Zaddis pulled himself up and over the rail before pulling on the pair of pants he'd thrown up first. Stepping into the room, he looked... nervous.

"Hey... um... so how did the rest of the day go after I headed to get some sleep?"

 

“Well they finally showed me the palace library. Still not allowed to go in the restricted section though,” Finley sighed. “Did you know Lady Berith is a chemist? I’m thinking she’s an assassin of some sort, the way she dresses. That or some sort of depressed… eh, whatever…”

He tossed a biscuit toward the half elf.

“Miranda made this for me, but I figure you’ll probably enjoy it more than me. I’ve never been a fan of apple filling.”

 

Catching it, he stared at it for a moment before coming over and sitting on the bed, nibbling on the biscuit. Nodding to the Lady Berith question, the wolf picked up the easier conversation.

"She's actually pretty nice when you get to know her... has a lot of good jokes... she's a very sad person though... lost her two kids and husband several years ago during the plague... she's been searching for a cure-all since. A sort of compound that could rival a healer's magic..."

Sighing deeply, he shook his head.

"Sorry... I'm getting long-winded..."

 

“No, you’re fine,” Finley said, yawning. “I dunno, I always heard stories about a royal assassin, and I just thought, who better than a chemist? But yeah, backstory like that, I really couldn’t see her deliberately poisoning someone. Though she did mention something about dissecting a wolf’s brain. And met with Miranda about something too, but I don’t know what. Darius and Maia seemed to think it was important for me not to hang around.”

 

Zaddis nodded as he finished the biscuit and laid back.

"If those two thought it was important, they were probably right... Darius is a stickler, but he won't do you wrong... and Maia tries to help everyone. As much of a pain as they are, they're good people..."

He looked up at the prince with a smirk.

"Kinda like you..."

 

“Oh yeah, real good. So good I almost got you thrown in jail today.”

Finley sighed as he crawled into the bed. Staring up at the ceiling, the neko toyed with his tail, spreading the fur out before letting it fall back into place.

“I’m sorry,” he said quietly. “I shouldn’t have made you go with me. I’m sure Vincent had a lot to say tonight.”

 

The werewolf shook his head.

"No... actually... he was pretty chill... think he was just happy nothing happened..."

He glanced over at the neko, "hey... about what I said before... I'm sorry I made things weird..."

 

Finley stiffened slightly, tail sliding off his belly.

“It’s okay,” he said flatly. “I need to get over myself. Not everyone is out for the throne, like you said. Besides, I’m not even the heir to the throne yet. Not until my twentieth birthday, right? So why would you claim me this early?”

 

Frowning slightly, he sighed softly and shrugged.

"Cause I like you... cause since the moment I met you... I've wanted to do anything and everything to protect you and make you happy..."

There... he said it... he was quickly falling in love with the young neko, prince or not.

 

“You want me then.”

It was not a question. Zaddis already said Finley was his mate, he just pointed out that Finley could refuse. And yet, the neko didn’t know if he could refuse the wolf. All day he had been playing with fire, trying to play at being normal. But he should have known he couldn’t do that with a werewolf.

“Gods, I really fucked up today…”

 

Closing his eyes, Zaddis sighed.

"I'm sorry... I really enjoyed today... getting to be with you and have fun... like a couple of normal kids..."

Sitting up, he walked over towards the balcony.

"If you just want to be friends... I'll accept that... better to be at your side as a friend than not at all..."

 

“I… I don’t know if we can be just friends,” Finley admitted. “But I also don’t know that I’m ready for… whatever this is. All I know is I need someone I trust, someone I can talk to, who… who can help me.”

The neko stood up again, staring at the half elf from the room.

“Zaddis… I’m not a normal kid. Fuck, I’m not even a normal neko. I’m terrified of all of this. Of moving too fast, of… of becoming something I don’t know I want to be.”

 

Coming back over to him, the half elf smiled.

"Finley... you're smart. And stronger than you know... I know it..."

Leaning down, he kissed him on the lips.

"And relationship or not... I am still your faithful guard... I am always at your beckon and call... whenever and however you need me..."

 

“It… it doesn’t seem fair. I don’t want to hurt you Zaddis, but I don’t know how to make you happy either. Not without…”

Finley sighed quietly, looking up at the half elf.

“Can you really be okay with this? With… with waiting, not knowing when or if I’ll accept you? It makes me feel like shit to do that to you.”

 

Zaddis nodded.

"I'm okay with it... and you're not hurting me..."

Smirking, he reached up and playfully pinched Finley's cheek.

"Besides... you know what they say... time just makes the heart grow fonder..."

 

“I mean, it’s not like we can deny that I’m attracted to you,” Finley chuckled weakly. “And I definitely care for you, so… so I guess… it’s not that bad, right? But if we ever do… well, anything… I’m not becoming a wolf, got it? Not for a long time.”

He poked the half elf in the chest, trying to look stern.

 

Chuckling softly, Zaddis shook his head.

"I never wanted you to..."

Leaning down, he whispered in his ear, "condoms exist hot stuff... and even if they didn't, that's not the way I want you..."

 

“Re...really? But I thought all wolves were…”

The neko gulped, his groin twitching again as blood rushed south.

“I… um… I really… really should be getting to bed…” he stammered. “Were you supposed to guard me tonight? Or are… are Darius and Maia still out there?”

 

Smirking, Zaddis nodded towards the door.

"They should still be out there... so what did you hear about wolves? Or are you suddenly too tired?"

 

“You… that you… you are all tops…” Finley whispered, his entire body drawing up in embarrassment. “You have sex just to make more wolves. But to do that, you’d have to take me. But that sounds painful.”

His tail tucked between his legs, protecting himself, though from what, the neko didn’t know. Zaddis had plenty of opportunities to take him before, he wasn’t about to do it now.

 

Shrugging, "what can I say... I'm not a normal wolf... normally that would be the case, but then most can't control their wolf during the full moon..." giving him a playful wink, "but like I said... you ever wanna try me out... condoms."

 

“The Honourable Zaddis requires condoms,” Finley teased weakly. “And how do you suppose you’ll come by them? I’m not sure Vincent would just let us have at it, if he knew.”

His tail twitched uncertainly, the neko sitting on his bed.

“I… I don’t think I’m ready for any of that though. Can we just… can we just sleep tonight?”

 

Nodding, the werewolf opened his arms.

"Wanna cuddle like this, or you want your big dog?"

 

Finley thought for a moment, before looking outside.

“It’s the last night of the full moon, right? I’m happy with whatever makes you happy. I don’t want to cause you discomfort.”

He frowned at the half elf.

“So… how do you feel about doggystyle? Or is it wolfstyle?”

 

Smirking, the half elf peeled off his pants and shifted before turning around and presenting, tail up, his tongue blepping out of his mouth back at him. Seemed he didn't mind doggy/wolf style

 

Finley let out a giggle, rolling back onto the bed. He patted the sheets vigorously.

“Come here boy! Come on, get on the bed,” he grinned. “Who wants to cuddle a neko, huh? Who wants to cuddle?”

 

Spinning around, Zaddis jumped up with him and pressed his head into Finley's chest, tail wagging rapidly.

 

Finley scratched him behind his ears, the neko grinning at the wolf.

“Aw, you’re just a big old doggy, aren’t you? I can’t believe I was ever scared of you,” he laughed, his hands searching over Zaddis’ body for the best spots.

The neko leaned back against his pillows, pulling the wolf almost on top of him as he continued to scratch.

 

The wolf wiggled back and forth, a big doggie grin on his face. It was clear to see he was happy. As his hands moved, he found three places that made Zaddis's legs go crazy, his sides behind his front legs, and the front of his chest under his neck, the wolves eyes rolling with a "mmmmmmmmph…”

 

“Oooh yeah, melt for me…” Finley grinned, trying to hit all three spots at once, even going so far as to use a foot to scratch at Zaddis’ side. “Who’s a good boy? Who’s a good boy? You are! Oh yes you are, such a good boy…”

 

This got the wolf wiggling more, whining in ecstasy as his best spots received attention. All this unfortunately had the effect of exciting his red little friend, his tip poking from his sheath.

 

“Oops…”

His eyes were glued to the red rocket, Finley swallowing drily.

“Um… do you want to… should I let you…?”

He wasn’t sure what to do here. The neko didn’t want to leave the wolf hanging, but at the same time he didn’t know how he could help, not in this form.

 

Looking down and noticing, the wolf huffed and bent down, starting to lap at his tool, trying to make it go away. He didn't seem to be concerned about it, having sensed Finley's arousal, and even started slurping a little louder, just to mess with him

 

“Oh yes, because giving yourself a blowjob is totally going to help…” Finley said, rolling his eyes. “Fuck it, I’m taking a shower. You have fun, okay?”

He climbed out of the bed, his pants tenting from his own arousal. Hurrying toward the bathroom, the neko started a hot shower. The door remained cracked as he undressed, Finley letting out a loud sigh as he stepped into the shower. His hand started working at his own length, the prince sitting down as the steaming water washed over him.

 

Zaddis stopped instantly as Finley got up, whining pitifully before getting up and following him into the bathroom. As Finley got into the shower, the wolf just sat down, watching him.

 

The neko startled as he realized Zaddis had followed him. Drawing the curtain closer around him, Finley scowled at the wolf.

“Really. I hope you enjoyed the sight of a royal ass,” he muttered. “I can’t do anything if… oh fuck it all…”

Throwing the curtain back again, the neko pointed into the tub.

“Come on, if you’re going to stare you might as well join in.”

 

Getting up, the wolf nodded and climbed in, sitting across from the prince with what Finley could have swore was a smug look on his face. He had indeed enjoyed it. It was a cute ass.

 

Finley splashed the wolf with water, his other hand attempting to cover himself.

“Gods… you know, you could learn a thing about tact. Then again, I suppose I could as well,” the neko said, his eyes looking between the wolf’s legs. “Did… are you done already? I didn’t want to disturb you while you worked.”

 

Zaddis shrugged, tip still poking out. He thought he'd upset Finley when he was just trying to push his buttons a little, so he hadn't finished.

 

“Well… I mean, you did help me last night. I suppose the least I could do…”

He licked his lips, tail thumping nervously against the side of the tub.

“As long as it’s not… in me, I’m safe, right? So… if I… if I just touched it, I wouldn’t be a wolf…”

 

Nodding to the affirmative, Zaddis closed his eyes and shifted, the fur melting away, leaving him sitting there across from Finley in the tub.

"You... wouldn't... no... but you don't have to if you're uncomfortable... I was just licking like that to mess with you cause I could tell you were turned on.."

 

“So you would tease your prince?” Finley chuckled, his eyes drifting over the half elf’s body. “I… I must admit… Nevermind…”

He sighed quietly, his legs stretching around Zaddis. Poking the half elf in the back with a toe, the neko lifted his head, meeting the werewolf’s eyes.

“Is it normal for nobles to bathe with royalty? Or are you just here because you want my dick? Gods… that came out poorly. Sorry…”

He bit his lip, closing his eyes.

“Sorry, I’m not used to… to being naked around other people. Even in the orphanage, it was one person in the shower at a time. Mainly because of Cassie…”

 

Reaching out, the half elf cupped Finley's face with a hand.

"Hey... it's okay... never apologize for being you... and you're safe with me, not like it's anything you haven't seen already..."

Smirking, he leaned back.

"Now... what were you about to admit to?"

 

“Nothing…” Finley breathed, still too nervous to admit his curiosity about Zaddis’ wolf.

He wasn’t even supposed to have these feelings for a werewolf, to have them bleed over to Zaddis’ wolf form was wrong, blasphemous… he couldn’t let himself devolve into that. He wouldn’t let himself.

And yet he couldn’t help imagining the wolf under his hands…

The neko squeezed his eyes shut, trying to drive the thoughts away.

 

Zaddis raised a brow with a smirk.

"Oh... perhaps you preferred your big strong puppy dog... I can't very well talk back in that form can I my prince? Gives you all that much more power..."

 

“What? No! No, that’s wrong… I could never take you…”

He gulped loudly, trying to recover some sense of control.

“I… I like it when you talk…” the neko said quietly. “You’re a pain, but I like it. I can’t have sex with your wolf, that would be all kinds of fucked up. Not that I want to fuck you!” he added quickly.

 

Grinning, Zaddis moved closer, almost... predatory in his movements.

"You know... you say that..." reaching up, his strong fingers wrapped around Finley's rod, "but this says different..."

 

“What… what the fuck would you have me do?” Finley almost whimpered. “I can’t… you can’t make me fuck a wolf. Please… I can’t do this Zaddis… It feels so wrong…”

His hips thrust up involuntarily, a tremor shaking his body as the water cascaded around him. This was no refuge for the prince, his shower was no longer safe, but he couldn’t escape the wolf.

 

Seeing that he was getting too upset, Zaddis dialed it back, kissing Fin’s nose and sitting back.

 

“I don’t know… I don’t know what to do. I look at you in either form, and you are beautiful… but wanting to do things with you in that form… it makes me feel sick. I don’t want to think of your wolf like that. I don’t want to fucking pop wood every time I see a wolf. You in this form… I could do so much in this form, be with you however you want… at least later. But in that other form… It scares me, Zaddis.”

 

Hearing this, Zaddis's grin faded.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to upset you so much... I'll... I'll stay in this form around you unless it's an emergency... and I'll stop messing with you from now on..."

Pausing for a moment, he sighed and stood up, stepping out of the shower and grabbing a towel to dry off.

"I'll leave if you want me to... I know I really overstepped here..."

 

He really had… but the thought of him leaving…

“No… no, please stay. It’s not your fault. I need to control myself, be responsible for my actions,” Finley said quietly. “I like seeing you wolf, playing with him. I’m just afraid of myself, more than you. It’s not right for me to take that away from you Zaddis.”

His ears flattened as he ducked under the water, soaking himself, trying to wash away his shame and fear.

 

Sighing softly, he wrapped the towel around his waist and sat on the stool beside the shower.

"You know... this isn't an entirely unheard of thing... a lot of people in relationships with werewolves get these sorts of feelings and fears..."

 

“Really? You mean it’s normal to want to fuck your wolf in the ass? Gods… just saying that…”

Finley shuddered, reaching to turn the shower off. It was doing no good.

“I… I’m going to get out. Can you turn away please?” the neko asked, hand still covering himself.

 

Turning away, Zaddis sighed again, "that's not what I meant... let's just... stop talking about this tonight... we were having a good time..."

 

Finley flinched, grabbing a towel quickly. He bit his tongue as he dried off, feeling more and more like some kind of sick pervert. But Zaddis was right, this wasn’t helping anyone. He should just keep quiet.

“I’m sorry,” he muttered, reaching for his underwear.

Pulling it on, the neko stepped into the other room, not bothering with the rest of his clothes. He turned toward Zaddis, trying to push his feelings behind a mask.

“I understand this was upsetting to you. If you feel you need to leave, I won’t hold you here. But I hope I don’t lose you over my rash words.”

 

Shaking his head as he came back in, Zaddis frowned at the prince.

"I'm not upset... I just don't want to hurt you with my actions or words....”

Shifting, he hopped up onto the bed before circling and laying down.

 

“If… if you’re staying with me… Do you think you could hold me tonight?” Finley asked quietly, his tail tucking under his body as he crawled into bed. “In your other form? I’m sorry, I’m not ready to deal with this right now.”

 

Nodding, he shifted back, pulling a blanket over his lower half.

"C'mere... I'll get out of here before they come to wake you up..."

 

“Thank you,” the neko breathed, sliding under the thicker covers.

His body scooted back carefully until he could feel the half elf through the covers, his tail teasing over Zaddis’ leg, though he doubted the half elf could feel it through the covers. Still, a hand collected the wandering tail, tucking it around to his belly before it could get them both in trouble.

 

Burying his face in the neko’s neck, Zaddis held him close, closing his eyes. This was nice... he could get used to this…

Copyright © 2021 Yeoldebard; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 10
  • Love 11
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I feel so sorry for Finley.  He has so much being thrown at him in such a short amount of time and he hasn’t been able to get his mind wrapped around all of it yet.  
 

Now, here comes Zaddis and he gets hit with what may be an attraction (or is it a friendship he has never really had before) that represents an emotional quagmire that he has never had to deal with.

Its no wonder Finley is flying!  Good thing Zaddis is recognizing that he needs to back off, even if he doesn’t know why or for how long.

Finley will get things under control.  It will just take longer than the 3 whirlwind days he’s had thus far.  THEN we can REALLY watch things take off!

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Awesome chapter, so they are both are falling in love with each other, but it seems one is ready but the other wants to but not now , crazy situation,

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..