Jump to content
    Yeoldebard
  • Author
  • 1,807 Words
  • 1,305 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Neko and the Wolf - 8. Caught

Turning the final bend of the ride, Zaddis lifted his head and let out a low growl. At the entrance, the guard stood, arms crossed, tapping his foot.

 

“You know him Zaddis?” Finley asked, ready to tumble out of the boat if necessary. “I mean, not that you know all the guards, but is he safe?”

Not that jumping out of the boat was really going to help here. They were fucked, and Finley knew it.

“I’m sorry, I’ll make sure I take the blame for this, okay?”

 

Huffing deeply, he nodded as they exited the tunnel, the young Elvish guard stepping forward.

"Prince Finley... you and your guard need to come with me..."

 

“Will we at least be permitted to collect our clothes?” Finley all but demanded. “And I will not permit Zaddis to leave my side. He is the only guard I trust beside me.”

 

Nodding the elf pointed towards the changing hut.

"You will be allowed to change, yes... but I will be accompanying you both... someone will be here to collect you before long."

 

Groaning quietly, Finley set a hand into Zaddis’ neck fur, walking with him toward the hut.

“Any ideas?” he breathed, praying the elf couldn’t hear him, but knowing the wolf’s ears would catch the question. “Lynestra’s light… I just wanted a day to have fun…”

 

Whining softly, Zaddis shook his head. They were in enough trouble... they didn't need to make it worse.

Getting to the changing rooms, he shifted back with a deep sigh.

"Dammit... they had to have realized soon after we left..."

 

Finley looked away from the guard, casting one brief glance to make sure he wasn’t looking before swiftly changing. He pulled the plugs from his ears, sighing quietly as they wiggled briefly.

“I want you to stay by my side. If I am the prince, it’s about time I had a little control. I’ll keep you safe, okay?”

He glanced back at the half elf almost nervously, praying he wasn’t about to see his guard’s body. The ride back would be awkward enough without a raging hard on.

 

The half elf sighed again.

"I don't want you to get in trouble for my dumbass decision..."

He was still bare from the waist up, pulling his pants up before grabbing his shirt.

"I could have done more to stop you... but I didn't... this is just as much my fault"

 

“If you are so insistent on being punished, then let me at least give you something to be punished for, you big bad wolf,” Finley smirked.

He moved toward the half elf, grabbing him and pressing a kiss against his lips swiftly.

“Now… I suppose I won’t get to talk to you much on the ride to the palace, so let me just say this now. This was the most fun I have had in ages. Thank you for letting me have this freedom Zaddis.”

 

Smiling softly, his hands settled on the younger nekos waist.

"Me too... my beautiful prince..."

Zaddis returned the kiss before finishing getting dressed, the guard outside telling them to quit dawdling.

 

“Fucking rude… I know we’re the worst kind of criminals, a neko prince and his half elf guard out to terrorize a water park, but come on…” Finley grumbled as he pulled on a pair of shoes.

He waited for Zaddis to finish before opening the door, making sure to keep an eye on the half elf. Finley was adamant about not letting Zaddis take the fall for this. It had been a nice day, and there was no reason it had to end badly for the guard.

 

The elf led them to the park's security shack, having them sit and wait, "your ride should be here within the hour... make yourselves comfortable... there’s cold water in the minifridge." And with that, he stepped back out, leaving them to wait.

 

“First class accommodations, right?” Finley sighed, grabbing a bottle of water.

He handed it to Zaddis, making sure the half elf got a good drink.

“I’m sorry. I should have just accepted my fate and been a good little prince.”

 

Shaking his head, Zaddis let out a sigh.

"No... you're entitled to your feelings... and I don't think you'll be kept from doing stuff like this... it's just for right now that you're being schooled..."

 

“So then this is no worse than me ditching to go swimming. They can’t blame you for that, surely. It would be preposterous. I mean, what were you supposed to do, sit on my head so I couldn’t escape?”

Fuck, that sounded way too good… Finley cleared his throat quickly, trying not to blush at the thought of the wolf sitting on him.

 

Chuckling softly, the half elf smirked at the neko.

"If that's what you want, my Prince, it can certainly be arranged..."

 

“Fuck…”

The neko let out a heavy sigh, his eyes rolling to the back of his head.

“See, and then you do things like this and suddenly I have the desire to put you on a leash. Bad doggie…”

 

Grinning, Zaddis stuck his tongue out at him.

“Love you too Fin..."

Suddenly, he froze and blushed deep red, realizing what he'd just said,

"I... ah... I mean..."

 

Fin’s fur puffed out in alarm, the prince clearing his throat loudly.

“I… um…”

His ears twitched as the door opened suddenly. The neko had to admit he had never been more happy to see an elf in his life.

“Your Highness, I will be taking you and the Honourable Zaddis Lobos back to the palace,” the guard said, glancing at the half elf with a hint of disgust.

The neko’s claws poked from his fingers, Finley scowling at the guard, but he stood up, reaching out a hand to help Zaddis up.

 

Getting up, Zaddis didn't meet his eyes or speak, simply following him out of the guard shack. The trip back to the palace was... tense to say the least, the city guard not speaking unless spoken to.

 

As they passed through the palace gates, Finley felt the weight of his station again, falling over him like the yoke of an ox. He stared at the gardens as they drove past them, wondering just how bad the punishment for sneaking out could be. He hadn’t actually been told to stay on the palace grounds, but somehow the prince didn’t think that loophole would work here.

Even worse, his guard was in love with him. He prayed it was just a slip of the tongue. Hadn’t he joked the same way with a few of his friends before? And yet, to hear it from a werewolf who knew very well what the law allowed for… It was fraying Finley’s nerves just thinking about it. At any moment, Zaddis could claim him as a mate, rise to power in a single breath. Come to think of it, hadn’t one of the consorts done that very thing?

He couldn’t handle the anxiety, the silence. No, the neko needed to find something else to think about or he would lose his mind.

 

As they approached, Vincent stabbed a finger at his son.

"You... go to our quarters... I'll deal with you later..."

Shifting his eyes to Finley, the elf’s scowl seemed to deepen even further.

"And you... this isn't playing hookie because you don't feel like going to school! This is serious! What if someone had recognized you and kidnapped you? Held you for ransom or worse! You have to think Prince Finley... like it or not, you have responsibilities now. If you want to do something like this, you can arrange for it, but sneaking out is not the way to do it."

 

“Forgive me Lord Lobos…” Finley said quietly, trying to at least act apologetic. “Your son is not to blame for this at all. He guarded me to the best of his abilities. I accept full responsibility for my actions, and whatever punishment you and the queen see fit.”

Not that it wasn’t the best day of his life. But maybe if he at least pretended to be sorry… though he still wasn’t sure what to do about Zaddis.

 

Sighing deeply, for the first time, Finley saw something other than irritation or annoyance in the older elves face. He saw concern. Fatherly concern.

"Finley... Prince... Finley... I am not angry... nor is the queen... we were both worried about your safety..."

Vincent looked to his son.

“And yours, Zaddis... and when you do things like this, it just makes keeping you safe all that much harder."

Stepping forward, he knelt down to where he could look up at them.

"Our world is a dangerous one... and as a parent, and your advisor, it is my job to give you the knowledge you need to survive it, whether you want to learn or not."

Sighing deeply, he placed a hand on each of their shoulders.

"Please... don't run off like this again... I know this has been a lot to process. And if you feel like you're getting overwhelmed and need a day or two... take them. But be honest about it. Okay?"

 

“Yes Lord Lobos,” Finley said. “If… if you don’t mind, I think I can return to my lessons. I know I wasted a lot of the day, but I do feel a little better now. And Zaddis could probably use some sleep. I wouldn’t want him to suffer because of my actions.”

 

Vincent nodded with a slight smile.

“Of course my boy... and he won't be in trouble this time... but no more lying about things."

He glanced between them both sternly.

"From either of you. Professional relationships must be built on trust, yes?"

Nodding with a tired sigh, Zaddis mumbled, "yes... father. I am sorry."

Nodding to him, Vincent stood back up.

"Go get some rest. Darius and Maia can take over for the rest of the day."

 

Finley’s ears twitched at the nekos’ names, and he glanced at where they were standing nearby. It was a little funny that it took the two of them to do what Zaddis did so easily on his own.

Approaching the half elf briefly, the neko breathed quietly into his ear.

“I’m leaving the balcony door open tonight. I know it’s the last night of the full moon and you’ll probably be running, but if you can find a way to my bed tonight, I would appreciate it.”

Patting the half elf’s shoulder gently, the neko took a deep breath before approaching his daily jailers. For once, they didn’t feel so restrictive. Maybe he just needed to get that out of his system.

Copyright © 2021 Yeoldebard; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 12
  • Love 14
  • Wow 1
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Interesting chapter, trouble with the teachers, but he managed to at least look apologetic, his whisper to zaddis about leaving the window open so the he can get some sleep with his Wolfie blanket

  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

 Lord Lobos? Really?

What happened to the illusion? It was supposed to last for hours.

I'm glad Zaddis finally put words to what's happening between them.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
23 minutes ago, drpaladin said:

 Lord Lobos? Really?

What happened to the illusion? It was supposed to last for hours.

I'm glad Zaddis finally put words to what's happening between them.

The illusion likely faded when they were caught, Zaddis not really having reason to keep it up at that point. And Vincent Lobos is the chief advisor to Queen Erin, a lord of Astara in his own right. Finley was only showing him the respect according to his station, a formality necessary for the occasion. Interesting enough, because of Vincent's position, Zaddis is also nobility, hence the Honourable Zaddis Lobos. Though nobility often changes when a new ruler ascends. It is not always hereditary any more.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator
12 minutes ago, Yeoldebard said:

The illusion likely faded when they were caught, Zaddis not really having reason to keep it up at that point. And Vincent Lobos is the chief advisor to Queen Erin, a lord of Astara in his own right. Finley was only showing him the respect according to his station, a formality necessary for the occasion. Interesting enough, because of Vincent's position, Zaddis is also nobility, hence the Honourable Zaddis Lobos. Though nobility often changes when a new ruler ascends. It is not always hereditary any more.

It wasn't the lord part I was remarking on. Lobos=wolf.

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
1 minute ago, drpaladin said:

It wasn't the lord part I was remarking on. Lobos=wolf.

Ah, that I was not aware of lol.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment

I was surprised by Vincent’s attitude.  I was expecting a sterner, more serious temper.  Instead, we have what seems to be a loving, understanding father trying to protect both his Prince and his son.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Well, they didn't get in trouble but in spite that Zaddist told Finley he loved him and that Finley was worried about that, he still invited him to his bedroom that night! I do believe they are both in love with each other!

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..