Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Be Rad

Thanks to all of you who posted kind comments, and to those of you who didn't but thought them anyway. And for those of you who thought evil, mean thoughts, f**k you. :P

Seriously, I enjoyed writing Be Rad. Brad as a character was a lot like JP, only I was able to take some of JP's hardness out, and add some more emotion in, and that gave me a character I liked. I got some comments about Brad, about how he was impulsive, and violent. He was also 17/18 years old, and you can't expect him to be as mature as an adult and still make the story believable.

A few parts of the story that I enjoyed in particular... Having Brad give JP some logical, calm arguments, in essence, out-JPing JP, then having JP lose his cool over it. Being able to show Brenda Hayes and her preacher as evil, shallow people, just like most fundamentalist nuts. Having Tonto and Stef around for great dialogue enhancers.

And for all of you who didn't figure it out, Robbie was my gift to you since I took Jeff away in "1968". B)

You know I love you, but I hate the word "snaugh" with the white-hot intensity of a supernova. It makes me want to yomit (that's a combination of a yell and a retch). :devil:

Adam

Damn, Adam. You really have a quirky sensibility when it comes to words and phrases.. I. Mean. Seriously. Dude. :P

Anyways, Mark....I wanna thank you for allowing all of us to re-live the 80's through B. Rad. The 80's were a great time.

I enjoyed the ending immensely. It was definitely realistic. Two young men in love, not in the best of times, wanting to be together but doubting their own ability to get through the next 4 years with a 4-hour drive or so between them. It will be the biggest challenge that either has faced so far. It is going to be tough...and, yes, they are both going to fail. Will there be more deals and compromises? I don't know. Hopefully, Armand's words to Brad about forgiving and love will help both of them give their best. :wub:

I'm curious if Robbie will find Ace a support or not at Stanford. Maybe Ace will be too busy sampling all the east coast goods. :P

I hope to see sexy Jack and Claire in the next story as well. :D

You're right, Mark, you can't have a story in the 80's without dealing with AIDS, gay male characters or not.

I hope you've noticed that I'm talking about "when" the next story comes out and not "if" it comes out. B)

Thanks for Be Rad, Mark. It's an excellent piece of work. :worship::worship:

Conner

I enjoyed the ending immensely. It was definitely realistic. Two young men in love, not in the best of times, wanting to be together but doubting their own ability to get through the next 4 years with a 4-hour drive or so between them. It will be the biggest challenge that either has faced so far. It is going to be tough...and, yes, they are both going to fail. Will there be more deals and compromises? I don't know. Hopefully, Armand's words to Brad about forgiving and love will help both of them give their best. :wub:

I'm curious if Robbie will find Ace a support or not at Stanford. Maybe Ace will be too busy sampling all the east coast goods. :P

I hope to see sexy Jack and Claire in the next story as well. :D

You're right, Mark, you can't have a story in the 80's without dealing with AIDS, gay male characters or not.

I hope you've noticed that I'm talking about "when" the next story comes out and not "if" it comes out. B)

Thanks for Be Rad, Mark. It's an excellent piece of work. :worship::worship:

Conner

Joe's working on getting the first chapter posted shortly.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..