Herm, we've had a resource, a writing tip, an editing tip... how about a site tip?
How to promote your story on GA:
Just as you'd find with a book placed on the bookshelf in a store, your story can get lost on GA among the other stories if you don't make it stand out. Most importantly, imo, is to have a story that engages and interests readers and then try some of these other tips to help improve your fan base.
1. Post regularly if you are writing a serial work. We ask that you don't post more than one or two chapters a week to avoid flooding the system. On average, that amount of time seems to also provide the most readership feedback.
2. Make a discussion topic for your story in the appropriate forum. Individual forums for Promising/Hosted or the Stories Discussion forum for all other authors. Post a link in the topic whenever you update chapters if the story is a serial piece.
3. Mention the story posting in your status update. Do NOT spam by updating about your story posting multiple times unless you are posting for each new chapter posted.
4. Create a banner link or place a text link to your site signature to send readers to your story.
5. ALWAYS respond to comments and reviews by readers.
6. Read and review for other authors. Most people will check out the work of another author who is actively participating on the site and in GA Stories.
For more information on how to promote your work or anyone else's for that matter, please read the FAQ: Basic Care Guide of Authors
As usual, if there is something you would like to see explained or a tip written about, PM the idea and we will see what we can come up with in a future tip.