Memorial Day Weekend

MMandM

What are your plans? That is if you celebrate this holiday in your country.

Taking off tomorrow morning early to San Francisco just to get a way and have a good time. Hope everyone has a safe holiday weekend. :)

I'm going to play with what I lovingly call my 'chainsaw on a stick'(electric pole trimmer) and cut down some tree branches. Then will put up the pool and, if it is not too hot, will do the garage roof. At some point Sam wants to see the new PotC movie.

I get to freakin work for the majority of it, and when I'm not at work (trying to encourage people to get a credit card they really don't need) I have to study for a Lab Practical.

As you can probably tell, I can't wait.

Well my plans involve family. For people that can't get along not long after the booze kicks in we like to get together often. So I'll be cooking and cleaning for the most of it. Monday will be the best day as Jared doesn't have to work and it'd be peaceful at home.

Krista

We don't have Memorial day in Oz but we do have its counterpart, ANZAC day (Australian and New Zealand Army Corps). It's the only day when it's legal to play two-up (a toss of a coin gambling game) in pubs. The day has its share of memorial services but also its share of 'shrimps' on the barbie. Last ANZAC day was about a month ago and I shared a sherry with old Kev next door...ex Air Force. "Here's to the diggers who came back home," he said, "and here's to the diggers who didn't." The old fella died two weeks ago, aged 81.

Not a holiday here. But it coincides with Pentecoast, the monday after which, until three years ago, was a official holiday. Now, it has become a "solaridity" day, a sort of nice forced fundraising to help the elderly; and a way to start cutting on the number of non-worked days, starting with suppressing the religious holidays. I don't see a bright future for Nov. 11th (1918 Armistice Commemoration), since there are almost no survivors of WWI left... And a government that thinks we are done being "lazy".

• Site Administrator

We've got a holiday coming up -- at least here in Victoria. For some reason, different states celebrate the Queen's birthday at different times (and none close to her actual birthday). Victoria happens to celebrate it with a long weekend that, by some strange coincidence, corresponds to the start of the ski season....

• Site Moderator

I'll be spending part of Saturday at Dorney Park and part of Sunday at Hershey Park with a friend. Other than that, not a whole lot.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Jan

I'll be spending part of Saturday at Dorney Park and part of Sunday at Hershey Park with a friend. Other than that, not a whole lot.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Jan

Our weather's fantastic this weekend, it's going to be 82 and sunny with a cool breeze each day. Doug, Chris, and I are going to walk into town in about 20 minutes from now and meet some friends and hang out for a while at Peet's Coffee, then go over to the Iron Horse Trail and walk up to Sun Valley Mall, it's about 5 miles each way. Tomorrow Chris and I have to pull weeds in the yard. Not fun. Monday we'll probably go hiking on Mt. Diablo.

Colin :boy:

I get to spend this glorious weekend behind a cash register. Except for tomorrow... tomorrow I'll be making myself comfortable on a piece of cardboard on cold, hard concrete and watching a stream of oil flow from my oil pan.

Well here we go...

I went Up 'Nort with the family (Huzzah for living in Wisconsin!) We're a camping bunch.

The highlight of the trip?? Putting 5 dollars into a quarter machine and getting 22 dollars back. I even went and notified someone about it, but they didn't seem to care or believe me. I guess I got lucky!!

Highlight of my holiday: A woman refusing to buy her entire order just because the girl who was covering my break wouldn't take 80% off of a pair of brand new pants. I hate stupid people...

I spent my weekend preparing to and then flying from Florida to Arizona, where I'm spending my summer. I hate this desert. Besides that, all my free time, as it has for months, was spent studying for the LSATs.

AHHH!!! LSATS!!! I'm only just out of my freshman year, and I'm already afraid of them..... EEEEEK!

I've got less than two weeks until test day, and I'm terrified.

Well my plans involve family. For people that can't get along not long after the booze kicks in we like to get together often. So I'll be cooking and cleaning for the most of it. Monday will be the best day as Jared doesn't have to work and it'd be peaceful at home.

Krista

You know, I have to stay a little buzzed to put up with them all. After about three beers and a little smoke, the relatives were ever so much easier to get along with. After the fifth beer they were plain damn awesome.

My grandmother and her boytoy, my sister and her boytoy, my crazy redneck uncle and his wife all came over. It wasn't a good mix. Grandma's well to do and high class. Sister's a little nutso and has a thing for darker guys. Uncle's far too fond of racist jokes and redneckishness. My aunt Jennifer's always pretty nifty, though. Me? As always, I'm everyone's favorite, hehe. :P No, seriously... for some reason they like me, I don't get it, weirdos.

Maybe it's my strange ability to smile and nod at just about everybody when I have to.

My sister's little boyfriend is okay. About halfway through my uncle visiting, I was ready to spaz the hell out from all the tension in the air. Told him if he knew where to get a handful of valium I'd gladly pay and share and he offered to drive if I could find anybody, lmao. We ALL needed them, badly.

My family's such a mess, lol. It was an interesting weekend, a little too interesting for my taste. Being bored is extremely underrated.

You know, I have to stay a little buzzed to put up with them all. After about three beers and a little smoke, the relatives were ever so much easier to get along with. After the fifth beer they were plain damn awesome.

My grandmother and her boytoy, my sister and her boytoy, my crazy redneck uncle and his wife all came over. It wasn't a good mix. Grandma's well to do and high class. Sister's a little nutso and has a thing for darker guys. Uncle's far too fond of racist jokes and redneckishness. My aunt Jennifer's always pretty nifty, though. Me? As always, I'm everyone's favorite, hehe. :P No, seriously... for some reason they like me, I don't get it, weirdos.

Maybe it's my strange ability to smile and nod at just about everybody when I have to.

My sister's little boyfriend is okay. About halfway through my uncle visiting, I was ready to spaz the hell out from all the tension in the air. Told him if he knew where to get a handful of valium I'd gladly pay and share and he offered to drive if I could find anybody, lmao. We ALL needed them, badly.

My family's such a mess, lol. It was an interesting weekend, a little too interesting for my taste. Being bored is extremely underrated.

Maybe they like you because you're smart enough to be a little tipsy? My cousin is having a high school graduation party in June and my sister said to me, "There is no way in hell I'm gonna be sober for her and her girlfriends!" God I wish I was 21...

BTW, what are the LSAT's, and should I be worried? I'm an engineer who isn't going grad school unless the firm that hires me pays for it...