Happy Birthday, NaperVic!

Graeme

PLEASE tell me that you really do know who Jack Benny was. Vic, even I know who he was. Haven't you ever watched old tv shows? *shakes head in wonder*

I can't say that I've ever had Crab Rangoons that actually tasted of...crab. Sounds like you had a good birthday. Hope you have many more, even if you will only acknowledge up to 39 :P

PLEASE tell me that you really do know who Jack Benny was. Vic, even I know who he was. Haven't you ever watched old tv shows? *shakes head in wonder*

:unsure: The name sounds familiar, but I can't picture him on any particular TV show. Was he on Ponderosa or The Mary Tyler Moore Show? :huh: Was he on a TV show that was in color or Black & White?

Edited by NaperVic

:unsure: The name sounds familiar, but I can't picture him on any particular TV show. Was he on Ponderosa or The Mary Tyler Moore Show? :huh: Was he on a TV show that was in color or Black & White?

Jack Benny was much earlier than either of those shows. He became famous for his radio show and continued on with The Jack Benny Show, which ran in the late 50's and earlyl 60's. His humor was somewhat dry most of the time. His show was a variety type show that featured all the stars of the day, often including Bob Hope. I believe it was done live. Some of the episodes I have seen were hilarious, even allowing for the difference in time. So yeah, black and white and before our time. But a classic worth watching if you get a chance.