My first story.

Aleric

Hello everyone.

I am writing my first (gay) story. Its science fiction, my favourite genre :)

I am doing about 1000 words per day I noticed. When should I consider

it a 'chapter'? What is a good size of one chapter?

Hope to hear from people here and get to get to know you all.

I'd like to make many friends here :wub:

Aleric :boy:

• Site Administrator

Aleric,

For myself, I usually aim at about 5000 words per chapter. But it really boils down to what feels right when you're reading it.

Myr

I agree with Myr. 5000 usually tends to be a good point. However, depending on the plot you are laying and the information you need to get across, you might need to go more or less. A good indicator of a finished chapter comes when you read through what you have written and you feel satisifed that you have made the point you were trying to make. There is no "magic number" as it is a ll a matter of perspective. Just make sure that you have not strayed so far that you have to keep writing and writing just to make the point. The first chapter is always the hardest, but once you have gotten through it you usually have a beter feel for the flow. Hope this helps, and if you have more qestions we are here for you.

-Gun :boy:

"A New Day Dawns"

"Camp Little Eagle"

"From All Ends Of The Earth"