Open Club  ·  281 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Faces for Mark's Stories

14 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I just remembered that when I read Be Rad and Man In Motion originally, I was totally picturing 1980's Kylie Minogue  as Claire right down to her fluffy 1980's blonde perm.

Claire would never have had big hair.  Ever. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, Mark Arbour said:

Claire would never have had big hair.  Ever. 

She would have followed the trends, at least up until her early 30's. Did any women under the age of 30 actually get through 1983-1988 without having had big hair at least once? LOL

You know, I'm starting to lean towards you having had Meg Ryan's Another World look in mind for 80's Claire:

It's called the Sloane Ranger look, very popular in the early 80's before the mid-80's when the dayglow Miami Vice/Madonna look took over.

I used to think you had based Claire on Charlene Tilton from Dallas but I think early 80's Meg Ryan is more what you had in mind. LOL

Edited by methodwriter85
  • 3 weeks later...

All this talk about past characters made me remember Alexandra Carmichael. The official fancast is Sigourney Weaver. Of course, to align with the age, we need to go with 2010's Sigorney Weaver when she was still in her 60's. (Alex would have to be at least in her 60's, right? She should be close to the age of Isidore, JP, and Fred, who are all late 50's/early 60's.)

Such a stunning woman! She's aged incredibly well as a 70-something. I'm assuming she's gone to the school of, "don't do much, keep it subtle." 

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just realized that this British young adult actor Louis Patridge is really close to how I pictured Jack in my mind when I originally read Be Rad in 2009. (Just lighten the dark brown eyes to hazel brown.) 

spacer.png

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..