Amsterdam Gay Pride 2007

Formosa

Oh, haven't posted here in such a lonnnnng time! :wacko:

Anyways, I was at the Amsterdam (A'dam) Gay Pride yesterday, and thought it's nice to share some pictures.

It's a huge annual event that attracts hundreds of thousands of people, and I think it's the only one in the world they use boats on the many canals in A'dam instead of floats. Also, this is the first one in which they had a separate boat for young gays (under 18s), for straight people (who wanted to show solidarity for gays), and also one for much older gays (65+). I've written a bit about my personal experience of the whole event... if you're interested to read it, just go to my blog.

Enjoy!~

David

• Site Administrator

Some great photos there! It looks like the usual mix of solidarity floats, political floats and raunchy floats. I hope you had a good time.

If homosexuality is not a choice, then why would it be a source of pride?

It's like someone says they are proud to be an American, and I say I'm not. I was born here. If I had struggled to leave another place and come here and learned a new language and built a new life and worked hard to be an American, then you bet I'd be proud to be an American. But I was just born here, so I can't take any credit for it.