a tribute to a friend

In 2003 my friend Jonas began a story that he never finished. He passed away in an unfortunate car accident. He tried writing his story twice. He struggled with the story and never fully realized it.

Recently I was given the chance to see his notes on this story and I began to see his vision. A year ago I was approached by someone asking me to finish his story. I was originally opposed to it but as I read his notes I realized that this story deserves to be told. The first incarnation was called No matter how far and the second was called Parallel.

I want to share with you part of what I have written, Let me know what you think.

Here is the link. Thanks Green.

no matter how far

Well to be honest, I am not sure what I think at this point.

The story is well written, you have done an excellent job with that. If you continue this story then I am really interested, and you have my undivided attention. If you end it like this, then I will feel let down. Now that is just my personal feelings on this. I do hate reading short stories that end like this. But as I said you have done a great job with it.

It is well wrote and you grabbed my attention right from the begining and kept it.

I really would like to see more of it.

Mike

Thank you sparhawk. There will be ten chapters in all with every chapter told through the eyes of a different person. It's kind of a dark story but the whole story will unfold as the chapters progress. The whole story happening within a forty eight our time line.

Thank you Green

It's not my usual genre as far as reading goes, being a darker story, but I've enjoyed your other stories and I would definitely come back to read more of this one. It's written well, I like the style, and the end of the chapter had me wanting more. I think it looks like the beginning of an amazing story and I think you're doing a great job of telling it.

Smiles, Dom

Thanks Dom, this story is a bit dark. I think that's why Jonas struggled with it. He was really a happy person. He's helped me when I needed him and the fact that he died on the way to my house makes me feel like I owe it to him to finish.

Thanks, Green

P.S. I was wondering why that little picture to the left, says Member when i put author on my profile.

Edited by green
  • Site Administrator

I fixed your group Green. I have to manually put people into the Author's group. And since we've been getting so many new members lately, I haven't been able to keep track at all. Someone just needs to remind me is all.

PS, Story Discussions belong in "The Cafe", so I'm moving this there.

• 2 weeks later...

Dark, this is very dark. I normally do not enjoy this type of story, however you are doing a great job with this. You wonder at the end of this chapter wheather the last part was a dream or real. I suppose the orther chapters will answer that question though.

You are doing a excellent job here and I am waiting for the rest.

Mike