Ten stupidest laws are named

8. It is illegal not to tell the tax man anything you do not want him to know, but legal not to tell him information you do not mind him knowing.

Huh?? :blink:

I have read this one four times and still don't know what the heck it says.

Sharon

• Site Administrator
Huh?? :blink:

I have read this one four times and still don't know what the heck it says.

Sharon

It's quite simple (I may have spent too much time with lawyers).

If you don't mind telling the tax man something, you don't have to tell him.

If you don't want to tell the tax man something, you have to tell him.

Simple! :D

I can't remember if it's in NJ or PA, but there is a law if your car spooks a horse, you must disassemble the car, throw a sheet over the parts, and wait for the horse to pass.

I personally enjoy the scaring the ever living shit out of livestock with my car, but that's because I live near a bunch of farms (my good friend lives near a dairy farm, so I drive past it whenever we go out to dinner).

LOL

We have our share of wierd laws as well.

The chief of the police force in Punjab (India) has to report to the Police station in Lahore :wacko: .

Reason? Lahore was the capital of undivided Punjab.

The daroga (equivalent to a sheriff) will be given Rs. 75 for a horse and then Rs. 25 every month for its maintenance. :blink:

I'll see them buy a horse for Rs. 75 and try maintaining it in just Rs. 25!! :wacko:

BeaStKid

In Arkansas they intended to pass a law that would allow a pregnant girl to marry a bit younger than their previously legal marriagable age if she has permission of her parents.

However, the bill that they passed left out a "not" somewhere, with the result that a girl of any age (6, 8, whatever), can get married if she has parental permission as long as she isn't pregnant, or something like that. The error was not discovered until the legislature had adjourned. When they reassemble, I imagine they'll repeal it right away, if they haven't already.

In the meantime, according to gay marriage opponents, such a marriage would have to be recognized in every other state.

There is a Welshman version too... The english really did hate everyone :lol:

It isn't that we hated everyone... its just everyone hated us. Nobody likes the boss ;) (and we were the boss...once upon a time...)

(Although to be fair the english do seem to hate everyone...including most of the english :P )

Edited by clumber
(Although to be fair the english do seem to hate everyone...including most of the english :P )

Lol its true, although I doubt they hate everyone as much as the welsh hate the english, not counting me of course, I love our neighbours :D And you guys still are the boss.... well maybe not of scotland anymore, but you're still the boss of wales!

Lol its true, although I doubt they hate everyone as much as the welsh hate the english, not counting me of course, I love our neighbours :D And you guys still are the boss.... well maybe not of scotland anymore, but you're still the boss of wales!

Viva la revolucion!

:lol:

5. In Alabama, it is illegal to be blindfolded while driving a vehicle (6%)

This is actually quite sensible if you ask me. Indeed I would support the passage of this law throughout the rest of the country as well. Sure it may seem unnecessary and a little absurd...if you've never driven in the South ;)