[Dezlboi] To anyone still tuned

Maybe, just maybe, I'm working on some new stuff.

It's been over a year since I've written anything other than a grocery list. And I blogged truthfully when I said that I didn't know if I'd be coming back and finishing Spinning, or any of the anthology ideas I'd scraped together here and there. When I decided to take a break, I though that what I needed was a recharge - it seemed to me that each time I wrote something new, I spread what little 'good' writing I had in me thinner and thinner. As time went on with my "hiatus", writing seemed further and further away.

I've always felt like my writing was mostly fueled by pain, meaning that it was usually sadness or lonely feelings that drove my stories, often mixed with a sort of bleak wonder at the beauty that sometimes shone through in moments of real unhappiness. I think really what I needed to do was live a bit, get out of the house and get a little beat up (emotionally) by life. Mission accomplished.

So here I am, a little sore, but oddly inspired. I wrote a couple of pages last night, continuing "Spinning" which is really a surprise to me since I thought I would never figure out a good plot to carry the story where I wanted it to go. I'm a slow writer so it may still be some time before it's posted, but if there's anyone out there still peeking from time to time at my little corner of the site, give me a little more time and there will be something new to read.

Love and respect,

Deez

Oh, I suspect that you will find quite a few folks here that would love to see more of "Spinning".

*Raises hand* ME ME ME ME!!!

lol I'd love to read more of spinning, but take your time, and write at your pace. We'll be here, patiently waiting and cheering you on.

:wub::wub::hug:

^_~

Well guys, thank you for the encouragement. I really appreciate it. I've heard many authors say that sometimes they feel like they're tossing words into a black hole and I certainly know that feeling. Evidently there are...uh...people in that black hole.

That didn't make any sense.

You know what I mean.

OK, back to writing.

Deez