Anyone watch Torchwood?

scoopny

I don't know if any of you watch this show, but the second season premier is coming up soon. It's on BBCAmerica (Or just the BBC if you happen to be in England). It's written by Russell Davies, the author of British Queer as Folk and it's very gay and a lot of fun. The best episode was when Capt. Jack jumps back in time and meets a gay soldier whom he knows is going to die the next day. SOOO SWEET!

Anyway, here's the link to the season preview:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=e4OySGjiQ4Y

I highly recommend you catch it if you can.

I don't know if any of you watch this show, but the second season premier is coming up soon. It's on BBCAmerica (Or just the BBC if you happen to be in England). It's written by Russell Davies, the author of British Queer as Folk and it's very gay and a lot of fun. The best episode was when Capt. Jack jumps back in time and meets a gay soldier whom he knows is going to die the next day. SOOO SWEET!

Anyway, here's the link to the season preview:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=e4OySGjiQ4Y

I highly recommend you catch it if you can.

For someone who haven't seen it, what is it all about? and what do I need to know before watching the second season?

For someone who haven't seen it, what is it all about? and what do I need to know before watching the second season?

Torchwood is a super-secret british agency that handles all alien contact. Their leader is the bisexual Capt. Jack. Who cannot die. I mean he dies often, but he always comes back. It's his curse. Capt. Jack leads a crew who investigate alien visits and kill bad aliens (almost all of them are bad and most sleep with us too). All of the crew has secrets, Jack is sleeping with his assistant, they do kinky things together. Anyway, the world's gone to pot at the start of season 2, disease has infected earth from all the time jumping. So it's torchwood to the rescue -- with plenty of sex, gay and straight and otherwise.

There's also a lot of crossover between Torchwood and Dr. Who.

And yah for all the other Torchwood fans out there. I also love Dr. Who. But I didn't want to seem like too much of a geek, lol.

Edited by scoopny

I am so happy this is airing on BBC America. I have loved the Capt. Jack character since he first appeared on Dr. Who and thought it was wonderful that they brought him back into his own show. Now, to show how geeky I am...and just how much this series is based on stuff in Dr. Who...

We first met Jack in an episode of Dr. Who where the Doctor and his companion Rose (best companion ever for a Doctor!!!!) were in WWII London. There they met a dashing Royal Air Force Captain, who turned out to be from Earth's future. He ends up with the Doctor and Rose, and travels to the FAR future with them. In that season, the Doctor and Rose came up against the Daleks. For those that don't know, Daleks are the Doctor's enemy, and they are bent on one thing: extermination of all non-Dalek life. During the climactic final battle, Jack is killed while holding the Daleks off for Rose and the Doctor.

The super-secret agency known as Torchwood was created by the Queen in the 1800's after a run-in with the Doctor and an alien werewolf. They are charged with finding alien technology and using it to defend the Earth against aliens. In a Dr. Who Episode, Torchwood fired a giant laser beam, destroying an orbiting space ship. Later, Torchwood was ground zero for an epic battle between Cybermen and Daleks. Cardiff Torchwood, led by Capt. Jack, is charged with guarding the world from the dangers of a time-rift that is centered over that city. The main characters of this show are all rife with secrets, and Jack is very much a man of his century (his birth century that is) and completely bisexual. So are a fair number of his staff, including Ianto, his handsome assistant who...well their kiss is only bested by the kiss between Jack and the WWII airman whose name he took, the real Captain Jack.

I LOVE TORCHWOOD!!! It's THIS WEDNESDAY. COOL!!!! 9:00pm I think. But AMAZING! :D Yummy Capt. Jack. *drools* but anyway, I'm more of a David Tennant Fan really. and he's coming to my town this/next (not sure which) year, because he is in a Royal Shakespeare Company (RSC) play. Dunno which one though. Perks of living in Stratford-upon-Avon eh. lol.

Much Loves

The first episode of series 2 was good ^^

I wont spoil it for any of you though, but it just topped Buffy and Dr Who for me :lol:

Oh and its my 100th post :thumbup:

I thought it was good. James Marsters, John Barrowman and Gareth David-Lloyd are totally hotties, no doubt. Although I prefer some more welsh in me. :P I wish I still my welsh accent. When I do the accent now it seems false.

Also Congrats Dalmatia on your One Hundredth / Hefyd Congrats Dalmatia acha 'ch Hun 'n Ganfed

P.S. That isn't a jumble of letters peeps. It's Welsh.

Edited by Jeebus

For those like me who have not seen the show and want to take a look BBC America is running episodes 7 through 13 back to back this Sunday 1/20 starting at 1:00 PM eastern time.

The first episode of series 2 was good ^^

I wont spoil it for any of you though, but it just topped Buffy and Dr Who for me :lol:

Oh and its my 100th post :thumbup:

Nothing will ever top Buffy for me, but yeah it was awesome! That was one hot episode, lol.

Man you brits are lucky. We don't get the premiere until Jan. 25! No spoilers, lol.

God bless BitTorrent! :thumbup:

Edited by Pai-chan