Does anyone else read stories on CRVBOY?

8 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Hey, Mark-

CRV has a great inventory of older stories I enjoyed reading over the years. I always felt what it posted were quality stories. I fear a lot of those authors have stopped writing or passed on like Scribe.

As far as I know, the site's a one-man show, and the webmaster faced some health issues that interrupted regular postings for a bit. I'm pretty sure you can contact him at wbmaster@CRVboy.org.

Although I shared a bunch of stories on the site, the inability to edit stuff myself has kept me away. Whenever I wanted to fix anything, I had to ask the guy in charge to do it. And to be honest, I'm addicted to the interaction with readers at GA; I had maybe a couple of emails each chapter compared to a few dozen here.

Marc McNally began working on the third installment of Love on the Rocks a long time ago. I read the first few chapters while he was writing, and tried to recruit him to GA. He was also looking for a new editor at the time, connected with someone here, and I don't think he liked some of the criticism he received. A couple of years later, it showed up on CRV.

I don't read as much as I used to and have been limiting myself to GA content.

Thanks for the compliment. :P

Thanks @Carlos Hazday, I'll give that a go and see if I get any response.

I've now tried webmaster@CRVboy.org, wbmaster@CRVboy.org and webmaster@crvboy.org and for all 3 I get the automatic response saying the email address doesn't exist.

I'll try Marcus again to see if he's heard anything.

• Like 1
  • Fingers Crossed 1
  • Sad 1

I've been reading love on the rocks since it started. 

Something seems odd about the last chapter posted, at the end it seems like Marcus has posted his plot notes rather than the actual chapter.

A site that will be going is tedious dot com. I hope Tiger Paw's can you spare a quarter gets posted elsewhere.

Edited by Paqman
  • Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2023 at 8:26 PM, Paqman said:

A site that will be going is tedious dot com. I hope Tiger Paw's can you spare a quarter gets posted elsewhere.

did you mean https://tedlouis.com? *another victim of autocorrect? :evil: :funny:*

The home page (above link) says:

“While my site will technically go away, some long-time friends of mine have been busy working on an archive of all the stories on my site. The archive will be available to all of my site's readers. I will post more info as I receive it.”

Not sure if this means the site will only be accessible by existing “readers”

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Zombie said:

did you mean https://tedlouis.com? *another victim of autocorrect? :evil: :funny:*

The home page (above link) says:

“While my site will technically go away, some long-time friends of mine have been busy working on an archive of all the stories on my site. The archive will be available to all of my site's readers. I will post more info as I receive it.”

Not sure if this means the site will only be accessible by existing “readers”

There is a message on the home page that states the site will disappear in 115 days.

• Like 4
On 3/5/2023 at 2:26 PM, Paqman said:

I've been reading love on the rocks since it started. 

Something seems odd about the last chapter posted, at the end it seems like Marcus has posted his plot notes rather than the actual chapter.

The stories  BY  Ted Louis  are migrating to  storylover dot us  and some of the other stories by other authors are on other sites.  If people message me I can give you info.  Due to time constraints on my end, it may be in bits and pieces.

• Love 4
  • 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Paqman said:

I meant to write tedlouis dot com, not tedious, I blame autocorrect 

Yes, autocorrect is malevolent :angry:
Actually, no that’s wrong - autocorrect is pure evil👿

It’s probably scheming already with A.I. :(
Together they’ll make the HAL 9000 computer look like Santa Clause image.gif.11285eead3ca9e135b7a40107173c60f.gif :funny:

• Haha 3
9 minutes ago, Zombie said:

Yes, autocorrect is malevolent :angry:
Actually, no that’s wrong - autocorrect is pure evil👿

It’s probably scheming already with A.I. :(
Together they’ll make the HAL 9000 computer look like Santa Clause image.gif.11285eead3ca9e135b7a40107173c60f.gif :funny:

A.I. is the precursor to SKYNET I tell you!

• Haha 3
15 minutes ago, Howzat said:

Anyway, I've had news from down under - Marcus is alive and well!

Marcus is currently taking a break from Love On the Rocks (Scott's Story) but is about to start loading a new story on CRVBOY.

He hopes to get back to LOTR soon.

Thanks for the update!

• Like 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Howzat said:

Anyway, I've had news from down under - Marcus is alive and well!

Marcus is currently taking a break from Love On the Rocks (Scott's Story) but is about to start loading a new story on CRVBOY.

He hopes to get back to LOTR soon.

Thanks so much for this news.  I had also contacted the crvboy webmaster several weeks ago, he had replied that he had “not received anything to post” and that he did not know what was going on.  
Yes, it was very strange when the last LOTR / Scott’s Story posting was only one chapter and clearly included those author’s internal notes at the end !

Glad to know there will be a new story and, I hope, at least some sort of wrap-up to the story of Scott and all the Hill family.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SohoMan said:

The new story "Dick's Male Retirement Ranch" could not be more different from "Love on the Rocks" and is also creepily focused on Judaism.  Very strange.

I got the impression that this was the reason for the men's fascination with foreskin...I didn't read anything else into it. 

• Like 3

I could almost swear I have read part of "Dick's Male Retirement Ranch" previously, somewhere, but without "Dick's" in the title.  But a search is not coming up with anything concrete.

• Wow 2
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Dhpiet77 said:

I've been enjoying BndgDawg's new story 'Daddy Type' on Crvboy. I can't get into 'Dick's Male Retirement Ranch'.

I had to read this twice as the last sentence can have a double meaning. I'm guessing that you mean you can't get into the story. :gikkle:

• Haha 5
On 3/5/2023 at 2:26 PM, Paqman said:

A site that will be going is tedious dot com. I hope Tiger Paw's "Can you spare a quarter" gets posted elsewhere.

Both the original and the revised and expanded "Can You Spare A Quarter" are on Nifty.  The expanded version is posted as one long post, with chapter breaks inside the chapter, plus an informative afterword.  It is at     https://www.nifty.org/nifty/gay/adult-youth/can-you-spare-a-quarter    --- I have not read the story; it is rare for me to read anything in the adult/youth category.  I just researched it.

• Like 2
On 5/26/2023 at 9:28 AM, ReaderPaul said:

Both the original and the revised and expanded "Can You Spare A Quarter" are on Nifty.  The expanded version is posted as one long post, with chapter breaks inside the chapter, plus an informative afterword.  It is at     https://www.nifty.org/nifty/gay/adult-youth/can-you-spare-a-quarter    --- I have not read the story; it is rare for me to read anything in the adult/youth category.  I just researched it.

It's not really adult youth in a sexual sense (makes a change for nifty), it's more of a paternal non sexual relationship on the part of the narrator. Any adult youth sex is more background, abuse by the kid's father and other men, not explicit (again, rare for nifty). 

Basically abused young teen runs away from home to escape being beaten/prostituted out by his dad, gets taken in and raised by horrified single man and his friends.

• Like 3
On 5/21/2023 at 3:07 AM, Mancunian said:

I had to read this twice as the last sentence can have a double meaning. I'm guessing that you mean you can't get into the story. :gikkle:

Yessir.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1