I watched the coolest movie ever...

captainrick

This weekend I rented "Stardust". If you haven't seen it -- rent it, buy it, download it -- whatever.... JUST SEE IT!

It's an adult fairy tale about this gorgeous guy named Tristan who goes to this mysterious kingdom on the other side of this wall around his village in England.. It's got princes and kings and witches and magic and romance..even a gay pirate :great: Eh.. I'm not going to spoil the plot. If you wanna know more, google it.

The cast is stellar and I just can't believe I waited this long to see this film!

Hmmmm, I wonder if we can do a gay re-write... then it would be perfect. :P

Anyway,

Hugs everyone! :hug:

Rick

This weekend I rented "Stardust". If you haven't seen it -- rent it, buy it, download it -- whatever.... JUST SEE IT!

It's an adult fairy tale about this gorgeous guy named Tristan who goes to this mysterious kingdom on the other side of this wall around his village in England.. It's got princes and kings and witches and magic and romance..even a gay pirate :great: Eh.. I'm not going to spoil the plot. If you wanna know more, google it.

The cast is stellar and I just can't believe I waited this long to see this film!

Anyway,

Rick

I just might have to move Stardust to the top of my Netflix queue. I have been wanting to watch it. Thanks for the heads up! :hug:

Yeah i wanted to see this movie so bad since i saw the previews all i know is theres like a witch who is really old but looks youngER (well 40-50ish Sorry Michelle Phieffer) lol and she wants the Stardust because then she can be like young forever according to the commercials. Ive read so many books like that. Immortality & Vanity everybody wants it lol.

I just watched Stardust last night. I wasn't sure if I would like it. As it turns out, I love that movie. I must own it! If you haven't seen it, you should rent it as soon as possible. :D

I just watched Stardust last night. I wasn't sure if I would like it. As it turns out, I love that movie. I must own it! If you haven't seen it, you should rent it as soon as possible. :D

B) .....Well with the reviews I see here, I guess I'll rent it this weekend

Anyway,

Rick

Ehh. The movie was definitely fun to watch. Robert De Niro was surprisingly good as a gay pirate. Claire Danes is beautiful as ever. Michelle Pfeiffer did a good job being the big, bad witch. And Charlie Cox is just hot. Both before and after (oh, especially after :D ) his transformation.

Yeah. The movie was fun. But it was one of those movies that after I saw it, I was like, "Why did I just watch that?"

Although, I'd watch it again just to see Charlie Cox :lol:

Tristan (Charlie Cox) is INCREDIBLY sexy in this film!

http://www.mostbeautifulman.com/actors/Cha...ges/pic03.shtml

But, I still have to say that this is probably one of the best of the fairy tale/fantasy genre plots I have come across is quite some time.

It's more mature than the Harry Potter series, but not as dark or complex as Lord of the Rings. If I had to compare it something, I guess it would be the Princess Bride, but without all the really silly stuff and is aimed at a more mature group... Like I said originally, it is an adult fairy tale with some very humorous, lighter moments... (Robert DeNiro's "revelation").

I VERY seldom get excited about a film, but this one was just so superbly well done, well-acted, and well-written. How it got left out of all the awards must be attributed to its genre I guess. It's a true sleeper movie that just blew me away.

Hugs,

Rick...

Tristan (Charlie Cox) is INCREDIBLY sexy in this film!

http://www.mostbeautifulman.com/actors/Cha...ges/pic03.shtml

But, I still have to say that this is probably one of the best of the fairy tale/fantasy genre plots I have come across is quite some time.

It's more mature than the Harry Potter series, but not as dark or complex as Lord of the Rings. If I had to compare it something, I guess it would be the Princess Bride, but without all the really silly stuff and is aimed at a more mature group... Like I said originally, it is an adult fairy tale with some very humorous, lighter moments... (Robert DeNiro's "revelation").

I VERY seldom get excited about a film, but this one was just so superbly well done, well-acted, and well-written. How it got left out of all the awards must be attributed to its genre I guess. It's a true sleeper movie that just blew me away.

Hugs,

Rick...

It was one of the most beautiful love stories I'd seen in a long time (even it was about breeders). Yes, Charlie Cox is definitely hot in the movie. Once again, Robert DeNiro has accepted an unusual charactered and made it into a memorable performance. He is arguably the best actor of our time.