HELP

Guest tranqano

Guest tranqano

I was hoping that someone could help me find a story.

It's about two high school guys that are best friends. Their entire school thinks that their some big gay couple and the guys have no idea. When they finally catch on to what others think they stage a fake break up. They soon realize that everyone else just saw what they couldn't see and live happily ever after.

I really like this story, but i have no idea what the title is or where i even read it. I'm thinking that it was on Nifty though.

It's about two high school guys that are best friends. Their entire school thinks that their some big gay couple and the guys have no idea. When they finally catch on to what others think they stage a fake break up. They soon realize that everyone else just saw what they couldn't see and live happily ever after.

I really like this story, but i have no idea what the title is or where i even read it. I'm thinking that it was on Nifty though.

Ohhh, that sounds really good! When you find out what it is let me know!

However, this isn't a story I recall having come across in the Archive and I think you might have a better response in The Lounge (our general discussion area) so I'm going to move your thread over there :)

Anyone know the story in question?

-Kevin

I've always seen Carrots and Celery around, but I never checked it out. If a series is really long, sometimes I get intimidated- like there is SO much to read. And vegetables in the title kinda make me wary. :D Vegetables....ugh. :P

Guest tranqano

I've read Ceery and carrots, that's not it. It was no where near as long as that one.

I've read Ceery and carrots, that's not it. It was no where near as long as that one.

How long ago did you read it? It was much smaller when I first started to read it too, less than 20 chapters, but it continues to grow even today. The author just recently returned to it after a long absence, and has added about seven or so more chapters.

Sharon

I've always seen Carrots and Celery around, but I never checked it out. If a series is really long, sometimes I get intimidated- like there is SO much to read. And vegetables in the title kinda make me wary. :D Vegetables....ugh. :P

That was my reaction exactly.

I'm glad to see that. The story described above sounds like something I'd like, and I don't want to embark on something of the scale of C&C, certainly not anything by an unknown-to-me author.

Guest tranqano

Wow. I just realized that i spelled Celery "Ceery".

Anyway, in my never ending pursuit of this elusive story I'm surprised at how many awesome stories that I've come across. At this point i'm literally going through every story of the high school and college section of nifty one by one. So far I've read the first two chapters of at least 250 plus stories.

Wish me luck lovelies.

P.S Delirium is starting to kick in.

Edited by tranqano

Wow. I just realized that i spelled Celery "Ceery".

Anyway, in my never ending pursuit of this elusive story I'm surprised at how many awesome stories that I've come across. At this point i'm literally going through every story of the high school and college section of nifty one by one. So far I've read the first two chapters of at least 250 plus stories.

Wish me luck lovelies.

P.S Delirium is starting to kick in.

Sounds like you're really dedicated to finding this story! So it's definitely not celery and carrots then?

I've a vague feeling I've read this too, in the dim and distant past - maybe several years ago.

Can you remember anything unique in terms of places, names, or phrases? Even the smallest clue would allow you to do a Google search to help narrow it down. If you can remember it had multiple chapters for example, that'd help to reduce what you need to look at.

Here's an example of a potential search to get you started:

highschool "best friends" "not gay" site:www.nifty.org

SEO is one of the things I do for a living so I know how to tickle Ms. Google to get her to give up her secrets. I spent nearly 30 minutes trying all kinds of keyword combos to no avail. Maybe you can provide some more pertinent details?

Guest tranqano

It's not "The Science of Us".

Details:

There a scene in the cafeteria where one of the main characters gets pissed because someone he thought was his friend hits on his "fake ex boyfriend".

I'm pretty sure that there's a scene where a group of girls whisper "aww they're so cute" or "Aww they're back together" or something along those lines.

It's not "The Science of Us".

Details:

There a scene in the cafeteria where one of the main characters gets pissed because someone he thought was his friend hits on his "fake ex boyfriend".

I'm pretty sure that there's a scene where a group of girls whisper "aww they're so cute" or "Aww they're back together" or something along those lines.

Oh wow, I know the one you're thinking about. I can't remember the title either. I remember liking it a lot. I'll see what I can do to help you find it. :)

SEO is one of the things I do for a living so I know how to tickle Ms. Google to get her to give up her secrets. I spent nearly 30 minutes trying all kinds of keyword combos to no avail. Maybe you can provide some more pertinent details?

Is there like a page of tips or something available? I mean I know the basics like using quotes and plus signs and what not, but I still generally suck at producing an effective search! They're either WAY too broad and I have to do too much wading, or I come back with a screen with like 4 things (that I wasn't looking for) and the suggestion that I should broaden my search.

Oh wow, I know the one you're thinking about. I can't remember the title either. I remember liking it a lot. I'll see what I can do to help you find it. :)

LOL, okay I'm seriously very curious about this story now!! LOL anyone else know what it might be?

Is there like a page of tips or something available? I mean I know the basics like using quotes and plus signs and what not, but I still generally suck at producing an effective search! They're either WAY too broad and I have to do too much wading, or I come back with a screen with like 4 things (that I wasn't looking for) and the suggestion that I should broaden my search.

It helps to put the keywords in the right order. Sometimes putting one work before another will yield better results. Also, it often helps to use the minus sign to eliminate things you do not want to see on the SERP (Search Engine Results Page). If you know you're looking for something on a specific site then you can include site:gayauthors.org at the end of the search phrase and the search will be limited to just that site. I don't know that Google published a list of all the search operators. Most of them I've picked up as a result of subscribing to WebmasterWorld(.com) for many years and attending their PubCon conventions. It's so much easier to get those who know more than you do to open up over a few drinks, hence the term PubCon. There are formal sessions however the best knowledge is gleaned from buying someone a drink or four and then chatting with them.