Are you happy with your Job?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with your job?

• Yes, very much
    • Yes, mostly
    • No, but I don't hate it
    • No, I hate it
    • Not applicable/other

Why do people always gotta knock the Physics...

I <3 physics. It's like watered down mathematics :sheep:

I really do enjoy physics, and my major was a physics/math combo that started out as just a physics one.

Menzo (Who always makes fun of arts students. Sorry Kev.)

I <3 physics. It's like watered down mathematics :sheep:

I really do enjoy physics, and my major was a physics/math combo that started out as just a physics one.

Menzo (Who always makes fun of arts students. Sorry Kev.)

:hug:

As a budding engineer, I have a philosophy. I don't care how the equation came to be, just give it to me! As long as I can derive acceleration from velocity and velocity from position, I'm good on kinematics!

What was the point of this thread, again? Oh right, jobs, lmao.

:hug: Sorry to hear that, Tarin!

I hope the Express thing works out!!

Chemistry was actually my most difficult subject too. I actually finished up with an "A" in it, and I really didn't do that much work for it outside the classroom, but boy did I work my butt off in the classroom to get it!

Never being one to be silent when I need assistance or have questions, it got to the point that one day in class after my teacher had finished explaining a new concept and was still facing the board, she said, "Yes, Kevin?" as she slowly turned around to discover that I did indeed have a question :lol:

Well that sounds delightful!

Well, my Chemistry teacher is like a child. She likes to make faces a lot!!! And once, she literally cried when a student was rude to her. That said, she always makes that scornful face whenever I raise my hand and she goes like, "Yes, Bikram?"

• 3 weeks later...

I have a degree in teaching and worked as a teacher up until a year ago, but while I was doing it (for 7 -- 9 years or so, depending on how you count) I'd have hated to call myself a teacher. I never wanted to be a teacher, I only did it because it seemed like the only option at the time, as I had a degree in languages and jobs as translators didn't come along that often, and weren't well-paid (or so I thought).

Now I am a translator, and the pay is far better than for teachers while the job isn't anywhere near as stressful. Teaching is extremely draining emotionally, at least if you're teaching kids -- you need to have a dialogue with maybe 70 or more of them during one school day, as well as inspire them as a group and possibly break up fights between people bigger and stronger than yourself in the corridors or schoolyard. I admire those who do it their whole lives and somehow get through it with their sanity intact, especially since it's actually an extremely important job.

Interestingly, now that I'm not doing it anymore it happens that I think of myself as a teacher, and I've realised that I probably did a better job at it than I thought at the time. I'd never want to go back to teaching, however -- but at the same time I wouldn't call myself a translator either... so I guess I'll have to switch to something else again soon. :D Happy days!

i'm drop someclass right now , and i work in supermarket , i'm a casher . I like my job but not quite happy with it , some custumer so picky and supid at the same time ...And the work hour kinda long and tired too , i had no time to do anything ... <_<

• 1 month later...
Hell no, I'm not happy with my job! :mace:

I should be interning at a law firm, not serving tables at a restaurant :(

There's nothing worse for job satisfaction than feeling like you're too good for your job. I say this as someone who has felt that way and left as a result.

With my current job I know that I could do better and find a higher paying job if I were willing to do more work and put in more time, but I also know that I'm overpaid for the actual work and time that I put in for this job. I think that's one of the biggest contributers to my being satisfied and happy with it.