Love me for who I am

BeaStKid

Hey Ieshwar,

Any chance to leave to Europa ?

We have a lot of people from Mauritius working here in Switzerland :D

Old Bob (ready to help if needed)

As a matter of fact, even I am thinking of doing the same. Shifting to a country that is more acceptable to us. For studies..

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a matter of fact, even I am thinking of doing the same. Shifting to a country that is more acceptable to us. For studies..

Good deal, Beasty

We'll be glad to have you :)

BTW, I'd meant to ask, is 18 the age of majority in India as it is in the U.S.? I was just sort of assuming it was.

Good deal, Beasty

We'll be glad to have you :)

BTW, I'd meant to ask, is 18 the age of majority in India as it is in the U.S.? I was just sort of assuming it was.

Yes, India follows Adult Franchise and 18 is the age where you get the right to vote and are considered as an adult. For marriage, though, it is 21 for men and 18 for women. :)

P.S

I've sent you the file...

Thanks Bob, Kevin and Rose. :)

I wanted to go out of Mauritius this year. For studies, you know. it would have been perfect. But I fear it might not be possible. Mauritian rupee is very weak compared to foreign currencies such that the fees are too expensive. And my financial situation is at its worst right now. Ieshwar

Well, Mauritius is part of the Indian Ocean Commission, the Southern African Development Community and the Commonwealth of Nations and La Francophonie (French speaking countries).

I dont know the rules, but you could check if, as a part of Commonwealth of Nations and La Francophonie, you could emigrate to UK or France, find a job through Internet, get working permit there and save enough money for your studies ?

I just checked low cost fees one way : from Maurice to London Gatwick : 663 EUR with "Emirates", 1712 EUR with "British Airways". What do you think ?

For citizens of the Commonwealth looking for a U.K. Student under-graduate placement it's worth emailing the country manager for Mauritius at any of the numerous universities that cater for overseas students, for example the University of Hertfordshire. You could ask about potential sponsorships and grants from local organisations and people - there are often locals known to the universities that offer accommodation and sometimes fee sponsorship or top-ups.

Here are some more universities that have programmes and offers specific to Mauritius:

Sheffield University Scholarships for Mauritius

London School of Economics

Bristol University

Plymouth University

University of Bedfordshire

University College London

International Undergraduate Scholarships

Google search for Mauritius student scholarships

We did not ask 4 being like that ...We did not want to being like that ...that just we were born being like that ..who could we blame 4 ?

I don't care anybody else talk about us and i don't give a damn about them , 'cause they never understant us ...Never . And never they going throught what we been suffer ....

why don't we stand up and fight for it ...

I can't stand the person who deny what they are , and can't stand tall to get pass... Try to live theire life in the other hand ...That stupid !!!!

don't forget , that your life and you can live just only one , why don't accept yourself and happy with it ...

wonderful artical and sad too , lucky , someone had to speak up ...And i know India was very very Reservetive country in Asian , homosexual is exhibit ...

We did not ask 4 being like that ...We did not want to being like that ...that just we were born being like that ..who could we blame 4 ?

I don't care anybody else talk about us and i don't give a damn about them , 'cause they never understant us ...Never . And never they going throught what we been suffer ....

why don't we stand up and fight for it ...

I can't stand the person who deny what they are , and can't stand tall to get pass... Try to live theire life in the other hand ...That stupid !!!!

don't forget , that your life and you can live just only one , why don't accept yourself and happy with it ...

wonderful artical and sad too , lucky , someone had to speak up ...And i know India was very very Reservetive country in Asian , homosexual is exhibit ...

Unfortunately Andy--->

An eye for an eye would only leave the world blind - Mahatma Gandhi

With BK's permission his project, Alternative Sexuality in India is available for download as a .zip file from one of my servers.

I downloaded it, and I shall read it tomorrow. I will probably discuss some of what I read. Andy, India is on the road to becoming an open society, but there are still many closeted homosexuals there. Both Muslims and the British are to blame for India not being the open society it once was on the issue of homosexuality. Anyway, I need to go to bed.

Both Muslims and the British are to blame for India not being the open society it once was on the issue of homosexuality. Anyway, I need to go to bed.

I disagree on the Muslims part, only because it is vague and politically incorrect.

The correct term should've been, Persian Rulers. (Mughals and the Slave Dyansties)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mughal_Empire

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delhi_Sultanate

I disagree on the Muslims part, only because it is vague and politically incorrect.

The correct term should've been, Persian Rulers. (Mughals and the Slave Dyansties)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mughal_Empire

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delhi_Sultanate

I meant no disrespect towards Islam, but I do believe the Persians were Muslims. There are some good points to Islam. I will never deny that. However, they are not overly friendly towards homosexuality. That is a well-known fact. However, that is partly because of Christianity's negative view of homosexuality at the time.

I meant no disrespect towards Islam, but I do believe the Persians were Muslims. There are some good points to Islam. I will never deny that. However, they are not overly friendly towards homosexuality. That is a well-known fact. However, that is partly because of Christianity's negative view of homosexuality at the time.

I know you didn't mean any disrespect. But it always pays to be politically correct... :)

I know you didn't mean any disrespect. But it always pays to be politically correct... :)

I think the more accurate term would be "politically accurate". :)

Here in the US the term "politically correct" or "PC" usually means using words that seek to minimize offense to racial, cultural, or other identity groups.

I think the more accurate term would be "politically accurate". :)

Here in the US the term "politically correct" or "PC" usually means using words that seek to minimize offense to racial, cultural, or other identity groups.

I was not trying to offend. Rather, I was trying to explain the reasoning as I understand it. :)

I was not trying to offend. Rather, I was trying to explain the reasoning as I understand it. :)

I was not suggesting you were trying to offend. You're far too polite to intentionally offend anyone in a discussion like this. :)

Rather, I was trying to let BK know how "politically correct" is perceived here in the US and offer an alternate choice of words that might perhaps be more accurate.

I was not suggesting you were trying to offend. You're far too polite to intentionally offend anyone in a discussion like this. :)

Rather, I was trying to let BK know how "politically correct" is perceived here in the US and offer an alternate choice of words that might perhaps be more accurate.

I am politically correct at times, but often I find it much easier and honest to be blunt.

I must say, Beasty, you navigate them with near perfection anyway ;)

Thanks... :)

That comes from having lived all over India and as you all know, India is the divers-est of the the diverse countries. We have around 18 dialects of English in India alone... :wacko:

I must say, Beasty, you navigate them with near perfection anyway ;)

I'm confused. confused.gif

I thought Beasty existed only in the mind of BK! Hey BK...do you ever hear voices in your head telling you what to do?

I'm confused. confused.gif

I thought Beasty existed only in the mind of BK! Hey BK...do you ever hear voices in your head telling you what to do?

:lol: Kevvers likes to call me Beasty... Like I told you, some call me BK, other call me Beastie/Beasty/Beast/BSK.... :wacko:

:P I answer to all... :P