Is it just me or...

Razor

45 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe eating meat is wrong?

• Yes
    • Yes, but only if the animals are factory farmed
    • No

You'd be surprised to see the number of vegetarians here. All Brahmin Hindus are vegetarians, for example. All Gursikhs and Naamdhaari Sikhs are vegetarians... to name a few...

And what about frog legs? People eat that too... :wacko:

B) .....Actually I love frog legs

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o .....I guess so, I kinda assumed that since camels can go on days with out water that.......nevermind!

lol... like I said...don't get me started on what all is eaten here in the villages/tribes... ;)

lol... like I said...don't get me started on what all is eaten here in the villages/tribes... ;)

B) .........Well I eaten some very weird Stuff myself in southeast jungles

lol... yeah... ask my Dad and he'll tell you all sorts of 'delicacies' he's eaten... ;)

B) ....Some bugs aren't too bad if you know how to prepare them :great:

Mmmmm, I can't wait for the conversation to turn to organs...

I think I mentioned something about scrambled eggs and brains already. That would be so nasty! I would rather starve. :blink:

I think I mentioned something about scrambled eggs and brains already. That would be so nasty! I would rather starve. :blink:

B) .........I believe he had "other" organs in mind Bk!

B) .........I believe he had "other" organs in mind Bk!

I know!! Damn! There should be a tongue in cheek smiley!! God knows how many times I've said that!

I was also trying to keep the thread on topic... ;)

I know!! Damn! There should be a tongue in cheek smiley!! God knows how many times I've said that!

I was also trying to keep the thread on topic... ;)

:( ......Considering that "mad cow" disease, I'll pass on the brains, I've had bird nest soup (Don't know why I tried it, I guess when in Rome....)

:( ......Considering that "mad cow" disease, I'll pass on the brains, I've had bird nest soup (Don't know why I tried it, I guess when in Rome....)

That would be far from appetizing. :wacko:

I did not like the cat

What did the cat do to make you not like it?

I have eaten sharks, prawns, crabs, shellfish, snakes, rabbits, bluebulls, Grey Francolin, quails, chickens, pork, beef (only once), shrimps and not to mention different varieties of fish.... Phew!

I've had shark fin soup. For ethical reasons I wouldn't eat it today. Snakes can be yummy; depends on the snake. Rabbits are good too! Same thing with quail and partridge (Grey Francolin). What is bluebull?

I also don't eat pork, but the goat is just a relative of the lamb and I love lamb

Goat and lamb are both served here at one of my favorite restaurants. I prefer lamb over goat though. I think that's because when I was an infant I had to be nursed on goat milk because my body could not tolerate regular milk or formula. I was adopted so my mother could not nurse me.

That is gross! I hate roaches, and I will never eat frog legs. I do not care if my mom thinks they are good. The thought makes me want to hurl. :wacko:

I tried chocolate-covered roaches once. They were raised in a clean environment especially for eating. Still, it's not something I'm likely to try again.

Frog legs, at least to me, are like mini-chicken wings. Both in terms of what they look like and how they taste. Still, I can understand people not finding them palettable.

Did I mention escargots!!

Yum. I was introduced to them on my first visit to France. It was harder to used those weird clamps for holding the shell than it was to get used to eating snails. There is a good seafood restaurant here that serves them sans shell.

Ahhhhh!! they drink camels milk??

Yup. I had some when I visited Egypt. I neither liked or disliked it. Just one more of life's experiments.

Mmmmm, I can't wait for the conversation to turn to organs...

A long time ago I ate a Wurlitzer. The woody taste was quite unusual.

Ask and you shall receive... tonguecheek.gif

Considering that "mad cow" disease, I'll pass on the brains

Same here these days. Although I've had it in the past.

Do you mean crawdads? Sort of like mini-lobster? How many can you feel and eat per minute? Or do you prefer a crawdad/crayfish etouffee?

yeah, I do. I'm not spelling right apparently. I prefer to boil the suckers and have a crawdaddy gumbo pot luck. I'm a country girl that was raised in the back woods for most of her life. One thing I refuse to eat is chimpmunk though. To tough. I'll eat squirrl as long as I know it comes from certain parts.