Europe here I come!

Dalmatia

I'm off to europe tomorrow for 3 months :P

Just thought I'd tell you all as I dont know how often I'll get online and wont be able to contribute to the forums, not that I say very much these days anyway :lol:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 months?!? I am so jealous!

I would like to go to Europe sometime in the fall, but I have the worst planning skills EVER! I'm actually trying to recruit a friend to help me plan by bribing him with bubble teas. So far, I don't think he's going for it :(

Have a great time! And I agree with Coley, come back with some stories to tell!

Europe is a big place. Where are you off too? Be safe. Never give your credit card to anyone. My sister ate a place and gave her credit card to the waiter. All seemed fine until she got home and found her account bare. Her card was copied and sold all over the place. There were charges in Spain for soccer tickets. Of course that can happen anywhere.

I've been many times and never had a problem. Have a good time. Take lots of pictures!

Michael

Edited by Michael Halfhill

Hope you have fun. For any member of the site needing cheap (well, free) accommodation , I live north of Paris, 1 hour away from Paris by train (which is 35 euros). You're quite welcome if plans are made in advance (I am away for business often, but with sufficient credits, I can manage to work a simple solution out).

So, Dalmatia, if you have any trouble on your way back up, don't worry and ask.

Thats good! :lol: I just broke my stove, lucky for me the campsite is near places to eat (and near internet access)! But its very annoying as I've now got to carry loads of cooking equipment and I cant use it T_T

Thats good! :lol: I just broke my stove, lucky for me the campsite is near places to eat (and near internet access)! But its very annoying as I've now got to carry loads of cooking equipment and I cant use it T_T

B) ..........So you are camping across Europe?

Well I was going to camp some of the way, but if I cant cook its abit tricky :lol: Looks like its back to Youth Hostels and friends and family!

B) .....Some sort a "Spring Break"? and are you getting your euros worth? :P

B) .....Some sort a "Spring Break"? and are you getting your euros worth? :P

That person is from Wales...so he's using the pound sterling, which is worth more than the euro. :P

Edited by Jack Frost

Sounds like a fun and adventurous trip! :D

I'm glad you're have such a good time! I wish I could go to Europe and do those things! BTW I deleted those two duplicate posts for you ;)

Take care, be safe, and have an awesome time!!! :)

-Kevin

:o ......And I thought €4 stood for Euros, Plus I thought all of Europe was using Euros...My Bad!!

Oh he's using the euro now because he was in France. I'm just saying he's getting his euro worth well because the dear old pound is still more valuable. :P

And not all of the EU uses the euro. lol The UK, Sweden, Denmark, and most of the new EU members still don't use it. Other non-EU members like Switzerland, Norway, and Iceland don't use the euro because they're not part of the EU. ;)

Edited by Jack Frost

Well I'm not getting that much out of it, the Euro is very close to the Pound now, so I'm not saving that much really, and with all this going online all the time I'm really not geting my euros worth :lol:

The trip has been fun so far, except for the stove breaking :angry: But I've got some good pictures, too many in fact, I'm running out of room on my memory cards lol. I've been at Le Mont St Michel these last few days and I'm off to Angers today, but there is no bus between 10:50 and 14:50, so now I'm trying to kill sometime :P

And thanks for deleting those extra posts!

Well I'm not getting that much out of it, the Euro is very close to the Pound now, so I'm not saving that much really, and with all this going online all the time I'm really not geting my euros worth :lol:

The trip has been fun so far, except for the stove breaking :angry: But I've got some good pictures, too many in fact, I'm running out of room on my memory cards lol. I've been at Le Mont St Michel these last few days and I'm off to Angers today, but there is no bus between 10:50 and 14:50, so now I'm trying to kill sometime :P

And thanks for deleting those extra posts!

:( .........Well still better than with the Dollar its plunging down right now