Europe here I come!

Dalmatia

I LOVE EUROPE! Great Britain is my favourite place in the World, but Italy and Germany come in close seconds. Where has your favourite place in Italy been so far? I loved Venice, but most people find it too touristy - if I may make a suggestion, try to get as far away from San Marco's Square as you can and into deep Venice and then make your way back xD that way you can see it without the mass crowds =) right anyways I couldn't miss the chance to get in on a Europe post xD Hope you're having the time of your life! I'm most jealous...

I loved Venice too. Theres just something about having to take a boat to get to the otherside of the street :lol: Well as I've already been your suggestion is a bit late, but don't worry I did just that anyway. I also really loved Verona, but that might just be because I had a good place to stay there :P

I'm making my way home now, I'm back in France, Lyon at the moment, and got a train to Tours tomorrow.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved Venice too. Theres just something about having to take a boat to get to the otherside of the street :lol: Well as I've already been your suggestion is a bit late, but don't worry I did just that anyway. I also really loved Verona, but that might just be because I had a good place to stay there :P

I'm making my way home now, I'm back in France, Lyon at the moment, and got a train to Tours tomorrow.

B) ...........You were on vacation for how long?

Well it will be 2 months in the end, instead of 3. But I thought I'd have to go home before the 3 month mark because of this job interview. Also I've now run out of money :lol: So I wouldnt have gotten much further anyway....

Just to say I'm home at last. I'll try and get my pictures up as soon as I can, but I havent even been in the country 24 hours and I'm rushed of my feet :lol:

Once everythings calmed down I'll start putting them up!

Just to say I'm home at last. I'll try and get my pictures up as soon as I can, but I havent even been in the country 24 hours and I'm rushed of my feet :lol:

B) ........Welcome back!! I'm sure you will also have some interesting stories!

Does it feel good to be home again? :P And probably to be able to talk to everyone because you know the language? :P

:hug:

Glad you made it back safe and sound and had such a fun time!

Can't wait to see the pics :)

-Kevin

Glad you had a good time!! I off to eastern europe in likely 3 weeks time, woo.

I can't afford western europe so the east it is. Hopefully will be there for up to a month depending on funds (and interviews like yourself - sadly the real world is beckoning).

Anybody any tips on places to visit, things to do?

Celia

Glad you had a good time!! I off to eastern europe in likely 3 weeks time, woo.

I can't afford western europe so the east it is. Hopefully will be there for up to a month depending on funds (and interviews like yourself - sadly the real world is beckoning).

Anybody any tips on places to visit, things to do?

Celia

Ohhh, have fun, Celia!! :D

No tips I'm afraid; regrettably I've never made it to Europe - east or west :(

• 2 weeks later...
Okay I tried to put my pictures up but I cant seem to do it. I've made the album and have clicked new image, or whatever it says, and then filled all the fields in, but the when I clicked the upload image button it just loads a blank screen.

So in other words, HELP! If anyone can tell me what the problem is or another way to upload images then please let me know. Also I was wondering if maybe it was due to file size, is there a limit on file size?

Hey dude! :)

Sorry, but I'm not the best to ask about tech issues, I'll see that the tech team get a look at this though, in fact if you don't mind I'll just shift your post over to the relevant forum.

-Kevin

Thats okay, the problem has been solved. The file size of my pictures were to large :lol: I'm just about to get to work on reducing them so I can get them up for everyone to see :D

The pictures are up! It's not all of them, but as I took around 4500 pictures I just thought I'd give you some of the better pictures :lol:

For those of you who have a look, hope you enjoy!

The pictures are up! It's not all of them, but as I took around 4500 pictures I just thought I'd give you some of the better pictures :lol:

For those of you who have a look, hope you enjoy!

:P .......Nice, very nice, I especially liked your self-portrait in Florence.

• 3 weeks later...

WOO. Im off to Poland on monday. So my short time at the GA forums will be ending for awhile! The sort of plan takes us south through Slovakia, Hungary, then onto Croatia, although we may dip into Serbia, Romania, Bosnia, and Montenegro depending on what we feel like and how much time we have left after Hungary, and whether we are desperate to get to the coast!! Should be good. Im away for a month. Im starting to get really excited, I watched Mamma Mia tonight and all the lovely scenery made me wish I was there now. and romance lets hope for that too :D ,

Celia

Edited by Smarties

Enjoy the trip! Send us photos like Dalmatia did, okay??

I always love to go to Europe. I did go to Greece and Turkey last year. Very beautiful and breath-taking (I don't mean Greek men, hehehe...)

Enjoy the trip! Send us photos like Dalmatia did, okay??

I always love to go to Europe. I did go to Greece and Turkey last year. Very beautiful and breath-taking (I don't mean Greek men, hehehe...)

I will :) . I'd love to go to america someday... We were originally going to aim to get down to Northen greece by the end but I think we were being abit ambitious, that and there are hardly any flights back from around there. turkey is also beautiful, but the men put me off when I was about 14, they were soo lecherous, it wasnt attractive at all. but greek men, lets hope I get down that far...

Celia

WOO. Im off to Poland on monday. So my short time at the GA forums will be ending for awhile! The sort of plan takes us south through Slovakia, Hungary, then onto Croatia, although we may dip into Serbia, Romania, Bosnia, and Montenegro depending on what we feel like and how much time we have left after Hungary, and whether we are desperate to get to the coast!! Should be good. Im away for a month. Im starting to get really excited, I watched Mamma Mia tonight and all the lovely scenery made me wish I was there now. and romance lets hope for that too :D ,

Celia

Have a wonderful and safe trip, Celia!! :D

I must second John's request for pictures when you get back :D

It sounds like you had quite the lovely trip.

I actually just got back from Europe myself, only my trip wasn't nearly as long as yours, haha. It only lasted two weeks.

I wish that I could go for two months.

Sorry to hear that it got cut short, but at least it sounds like you had a good time.

I was lucky when I went to Spain two years ago with a tour group because the tour director got some sort of fast pass for Alhambra. But yeah, it was pretty crazy packed, but still beautiful.

I must ask if you had the chance to go to Barcelona?

Celia, sounds like you'll have quite the time on your trip. Hope that you have a good time!

~Mikie

It sounds like you had quite the lovely trip.

I actually just got back from Europe myself, only my trip wasn't nearly as long as yours, haha. It only lasted two weeks.

I wish that I could go for two months.

Sorry to hear that it got cut short, but at least it sounds like you had a good time.

I was lucky when I went to Spain two years ago with a tour group because the tour director got some sort of fast pass for Alhambra. But yeah, it was pretty crazy packed, but still beautiful.

Celia, sounds like you'll have quite the time on your trip. Hope that you have a good time!

~Mikie

Mikey (Can I call you that), is any chance that the tour group is EF??

-John

~Mikie

I'm sure I will, now im going crazy trying to finish buying or finding everything that I need to take with me.

Ive been to Barcelona. The cathedral is amazing!!!!! we went right to the very top almost. we only went past the artists house though. It was really good because I'd been to see an exhibition of his work in london once, so it was great to see his bigger pieces. The man-made beach isnt any good though, its about 5m's wide, and the first time I went to Barcelona my handbag was stolen :( . but otherwise lovely city. but not my favourite european one.

one of my friends in serbia at the moment, and Im sure he said that when he wakes up its about 28degrees. so can't wait, thats much better temps than our measly at best 20 at the mo, and rain and cloud.

but of to shopping again :D , have a great summer yourselves,

Celia

Mikey (Can I call you that), is any chance that the tour group is EF??

-John

Haha yeah actually it is. How'd you guess?

And yes, anyone and everyone can (and does) call me that, but I like it spelled my extra special way that nobody spells it, haha. :P

To Celia, it does suck that you got your handbag stolen, but I totally agree about La Sagrada de Familia (I'm assuming that's what you're referring to, since it is the most amazing piece of art I have ever laid eyes on, next to the Mona Lisa and Starry Night.), it is absolutely amazing. Unfortunately I never had the chance to go inside, but just being in its presence was amazing. I did get to go into another building designed by Gaudi (the guy who designed La Sagrada de Familia), and he's a brilliant brilliant architect.

~Mikie

To Celia, it does suck that you got your handbag stolen, but I totally agree about La Sagrada de Familia (I'm assuming that's what you're referring to, since it is the most amazing piece of art I have ever laid eyes on, next to the Mona Lisa and Starry Night.), it is absolutely amazing. Unfortunately I never had the chance to go inside, but just being in its presence was amazing. I did get to go into another building designed by Gaudi (the guy who designed La Sagrada de Familia), and he's a brilliant brilliant architect.

~Mikie

Yep thats the one. I couldnt remember what it had actually been called, so thanks :) . actually Im not sure if I didnt go inside afterall, its a little while ago, but yeah think I did, because they had some of his models inside of otheer things he's built or designed. Im sure the cathedral was designed by him also, and when you got close up to see the detail it was very impressive.

Celia

• 5 weeks later...

hellllo. I'm back.

Ended up going to southern Poland (Krakow), Slovakia (Tatra's Mountains & Bratislava), Hungary (Budapest), Austria (Vienna), Serbia (Belgrade), Montenegro (various coastal places), Bosnia & Herzgovina (Sarajevo, Mostar), Croatia (Dubrovnick, Split, Makarska, Zagreb).

Quite a good trip for 4 weeks. Spent way too much money and going to have to pay for it all now :( .

Hope things have been all good on here.

Nice to be back,

Celia

Edited by Smarties