Real ghost stories ?

old bob

Bob, I actually do believe in ghosts. There are too many stories about ghosts for it to all be hoaxes. People swear that there are both benevolent and malevolent spirits dwelling within their homes, and I think some of those cases are real.

Edited by Tiger

I'll have to agree with Tiger her. But, I do have something to say real fast.

Ghosts and Spirits are two different things. Ghosts are earth bound souls that have yet to move. Spirits are those who have come back to visit earth after moving on. There are sub catagories of ghosts, but I'm not going into those.

Anyways, there will always be sceptics and it's mostly because they live in a world where 'seeing is believing' rules for them. Even if they see something, they are going to try to pin it on something else.

Personally, I can't help but believe in Ghosts and Spirits. My grandmother died in 2000, soon after my grandfather did. I inheirited a odd little plaque like thing. It has two pics in a wooden tub and says on the top "I *heart* Country." It was my grandmothers.

Mind you, she lived where i live now. It never ONCE feel off the wall at any time while staying there and it was hanging on a little nail in earthquake contry.

I took it home with me after the funeral. Hung it up on a strong nail that would hold it in place. The next morning it was on the floor, face down with my grandmothers picture in it's frame. Mind you, the distance between hard tile floor and where I had set it was about 7 1/2 feet. It should have been chipped. It's still in one piece and only falls down when I'm seriously upset about something and missing her.

So, I believe in ghosts and spirits.

Well, I neither believe nor disbelieve. Part of me is very skeptical, and prone to dismissing the whole thing as a fanciful flight of the imagination, but another part of me is very spiritual and open to the paranormal.

Intellectually I probably don't believe in ghosts.

Emotionally I probably do.

Philosophically I don't even believe in reality for the sake of itself; perception is reality. So whether ghosts are 'real' or not is a moot point if you believe in them (or don't believe in them) then that's the reality.

Overall, I'm optimistically hopeful that they do exist in a benign capacity.

On another note I have a couple of friends who swear their place is haunted. They've invited me over to "meet" the ghost sometime. Honestly, I doubt my opinion will change much. I'm sure whatever happens, if anything does, will be sufficiently vague, yet realistic enough that I'll probably remain in my limbo stance on this.

If ghosts are real I *think* I'd like to be one after I die, but I suppose it might have its drawback too. I'd be a friendly ghost who at worst would only be playful and silly (perhaps moving things around or something), and at best would act as a sort of 'guardian angel' for the people living in my territory. On the other hand I might just go to a lot of movies, and spend time in the park.

-Kevin

Edited by AFriendlyFace

There are some ghost things I will beleive, some I will beleive up to a point and some that I think sound just plain stupid.

Also, what would you class as a ghost/spirit? Does it really need to be physical? If you have a chat with a dead person in a dream, I think that counts as a visit. Reason I say that is because I will always remember that I was in school when my grandma died. I had been living with her for a year, so I was very close to her, and it upset me that I couldn't even say goodbye. Then, a night not long after (not long before the funeral) I had a dream in which I said goodbye to her. Apparently she'd just popped back for a quick visit to say goodbye and to make sure that things were going ok.)

An example of one that I think sounds stupid would be that story in the OP about the boy getting beaten up by a ghost.... now, I'm guessing it must take quite a bit of effort to visit from the dead, or to have a physical presence when you've snuffed it, cos otherwise we'd be up to out necks in otherwordly beings, coming back to see how the latest football game went or whatever. That leaves the question for me; "why would a spirit really go to all that trouble, just so that it could twat a randomer in the face?" I mean... why? Either something is wrong with that story or the afterlife is extremely over-rated.

Martin (who thinks he was going somewhere with this post... but got distracted and can't remember what the point was that he was gradually labouring his way towards)

0:)