[NickolasJames8] If By Chance Chapter 18

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of thinking from Dennis in this one. I'm still concerned with the car and the impending drama, since some authors seem to be willing to put their characters through much sorrow.

Maybe it's because the business issues are kind of remote in my memory, but I'm kind of lost on the embezzlement stuff.

I hope Gerald's parents eventually get out of the picture.

One question about this sentence:

To say that things had gotten better between Gerald and I would be an understatement.

From my understanding, then things would have gotten much, much better, but then afterwards we're told they're still having major issues.

From my understanding, then things would have gotten much, much better, but then afterwards we're told they're still having major issues.

Maybe he's in denial about the facts...we'll have to find out in a couple of days when chapter nineteen comes out. :music:

• Site Moderator
Great chapter, Nick.

I think Gerald's reluctance to share his past with Dennis will always put a strain on their relationship. He needs to trust his mate.

It's possible that there is a deeper, underlying problem in Gerald's problem with his parents. Something that he's reluctant to remember, or bring up.

It's possible that there is a deeper, underlying problem in Gerald's problem with his parents. Something that he's reluctant to remember, or bring up.

Like the time that the money came up missing off the dresser, and he knew he was guilty but wouldn't fess up to his parents what he did? Or how he may have doctored his tuition bills in order to screw his mom and dad out of a hundred thousand dollars? Or the nuclear secrets he sold to China?? Oh wait.....Nevermind