[Krista] Finding Alex by Krista

I disagree with this statement! What do you mean 'full-blooded life' instead of 'their own gay little word'?

I have a few straight people in my life but the overwhelming majority are definitely GLBT. It seems perfectly normal, and definitely 'full-blooded' to me.

I understand what both of you are saying, and you're both right.

What corvus was saying, I think, is that there are lot of stories where the 'world' that the characters live in isn't realistic -- it's too much their 'own little gay world'. That doesn't mean that someone can't live in a 'gay world', because Kevin, largely, does. But that world has to be real. For some stories, the world is very unreal (eg. how many stories about teenagers seem to be very void of parents?)

One of Krista's great strengths is that she writes in a very 'real' world. In this case, that's where there is a mixture of characters who just happen to be gay or straight. I'm sure she could also write in a 'real' world where most of the characters are GLBT. It is just a matter of the setting. If there is a logical reason for most of the characters to be GLBT (and I can think of quite a few), then that's realistic. If there's no logical reason for most of the characters to be GLBT (eg. a bunch of strangers sharing a cabin on a summer camp, that all just happen to be gay), then that's not realistic.

Yeah, I only write real world stories, I like real-seeming characters with real problems. So the characters always drive the story, and I enjoy writing the straight characters as much as the gay ones. :)

• 8 months later...

Hey Krista

Just finished reading this :) Bittersweet & I loved it. The ending was sad but Alex's wishes did come true. It got me thinking about that whole people come into our lives for a reason stuff and when they are gone their not really gone. Your writing showed them happy and in love and i didn't find it mushy :) It was one of those chance encounters that they both happened to be at the wedding maybe Fate? Alex saved Daniel then Mattie. I'd like to think that maybe Daniel saved Alex as well. Favorite bits were them out at the lake and just how they kept touching each other not to drift apart.

Really good job!! Bravo!!

Hey Krista

Just finished reading this :) Bittersweet & I loved it. The ending was sad but Alex's wishes did come true. It got me thinking about that whole people come into our lives for a reason stuff and when they are gone their not really gone. Your writing showed them happy and in love and i didn't find it mushy :) It was one of those chance encounters that they both happened to be at the wedding maybe Fate? Alex saved Daniel then Mattie. I'd like to think that maybe Daniel saved Alex as well. Favorite bits were them out at the lake and just how they kept touching each other not to drift apart.

Really good job!! Bravo!!

Aww thanks Mattie. :) I liked the Lake part as well.