GFD Blood Bank

Heya! I know Comicalitie's stories for years and are a pretty big fan. Maybe I should finally take the time to write a mail of appreciation. But my post here has another reason.

Today the "GFD Blood Bank" came back into my focus, because of an email from it's mailinglist. Most should know the Blood Bank, it's a fan-project, promoted by Comsie himself, where everyone who's ambitious enough can try to publish fan fictions that play in the GFD-universe. Personally I think it's a good project.

The problem is that I tend to forget about it, cause it isn't mentioned anywhere. Maybe I'm plain dumb, but I even can't find one link to it. Not here at GA's main site, not in the Shack Out Back, not even in the mails that come from the Blood Banks own mailinglist! Especially newbies should have a really hard time finding it.

I have to google it, to get it's address!

As I said, maybe I'm to dumb to find it referenced anywhere, but if I have somewhat of a point, who can install links to it at strategic points? It's a pity if the Blood Bank doesn't get the attention it deserves, because it's rarely mentioned.

So long,

Daniel

Edited by TheDaniel

You know, I've been on that mailing list since it was created and never realized the archivist has no links back to the site. I'll make sure to send him an email and ask him to edit his templates...

As for not being able to find any links, I sorta know why it's like that.

"shackoutback.net" was donated to Comicality for somewhat of a pet project testing ground. It's no secret that Com very much supports GA for what they stand for and does all he can to ensure GA has his work exclusively as a "Thank-You" for the many years of hosting GA has given him. That being said, The Blood Bank was never intended to steal the focus of "The Shack Out Back" it simply exist in it's shadow and be a little bit more interactive. It's a FanSite, without a doubt and just isn't linked to out of respect to his host.

I do have a link to it on my own website since Comet is a friend and I am a HUGE fan and I know a few other sites that linked the same way and for the same reason :) So I guess the easy answer to the lack of links is that you are looking in the wrong places. Look more to the fans for links to the blood bank, not to the source of the stories.

In a backwards kinda way, it makes sense...kinda ;)

Hope that helps a little.

- Jeff -

You know...you're absolutely right! I just spent some time looking for links to the "Blood Bank" myself, and didn't find as many as I thought I would! Especially since it's almost a year old now! (Do I have my dates right on this one?)

That's something I'll DEFINITELY work to fix in the very near future! So thanks for the heads up! I definitely support the "BB" 100%, and have a bunch of new exclusive stories that will appear on the website soon! (Including "Nightfall 2: Dark Angel", which is coming along nicely so far!) It was really built for the huge amount of artwork, stories, screensavers, and GFD related fan stuff that I've gotten over the years. Unfortunately...it seems that a LOT of people got REALLY shy when it came to posting it to the site. And that sucks, because a lot of that stuff was AMAZING! I have, in my email, drawings and stories and trivia and photoshopped pictures that fans from all around the world have sent over the years. But I won't post them without their direct permission. And they haven't given it yet. So it remains unseen by many. But hopefully some other folks will get inspired and help us to fill up the archive with even more stuff in the future. One can only hope. :)

Anyway, I'll definitely fix the link problem, and let more folks know where it is. Cool? Thanks again man!

I just discovered it recently myself. I am a huge fan of Nightfall! I haven't quite finished the first yet, but I'll definitely be ready for Nightfall 2! I've also read some of the fan poetry and decided to submit one of my own. Hopefully, it will make the cut. :)

Thanks Tiger! :)

If you like the original "Nightfall"...the sequel steps things up a LOT! Hehehe, so you'll have to let me know what you think when it's finished!

As for the submission...THANK YOU!!! Hehehe, we need so much more! New updates are gonna start in about two weeks! So look for it shortly after the debut of "GFD: Blood Ties" on Oct 11th! :)

Anyway, I'll definitely fix the link problem, and let more folks know where it is. Cool? Thanks again man!

Um... my pleasure? I simply felt, that the BB didn't get the attention it deserved, through being rarely mentioned/linked.

Daniel

PS: The last installments of Savage Moon were great. :worship:

I'm curious what happens if Wesley meets someone out of his "old" life, or even someone of his family. But I guess that's ways down the road, if it even happens. ;)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..