Hockey....everything to do with the coolest game on earth

wildone

Came across this joke when i was trying to find some canada jokes. It's kinda a bad joke since this summer people died from Maple Leaf Listeria outbreak.

Q & A's from Health Canada

Q: The Stanley Cup was recently on tour in my town, and I kissed it.

Do I have to worry about being infected by listeria?

A: You are safe. The Stanley Cup has not been in contact with any Maple Leaf product in over 40 years.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Administrator
Now football (soccer), now that's a proper sport! :P

<puts on hard hat>

Oh :o

Wear your hard hat :P . Don't know if it'll help as we all line up to take slap shots with frozen hockey pucks at your crotch :D as you stand there in your football kit.

Came across this joke when i was trying to find some canada jokes. It's kinda a bad joke since this summer people died from Maple Leaf Listeria outbreak.

Q & A's from Health Canada

Q: The Stanley Cup was recently on tour in my town, and I kissed it.

Do I have to worry about being infected by listeria?

A: You are safe. The Stanley Cup has not been in contact with any Maple Leaf product in over 40 years.

LOL :D:D:D

The Blues made the Playoffs! :worship: (I'm excited about it anyway!)

Toronto... As expected... Will not get the Cup this year.

hi hi hi hi hi hi hi

leafs-suck-300x249.jpg

GO HABS GO!!!

r_1765.jpg

Edited by Jack Frost

Q: The Stanley Cup was recently on tour in my town, and I kissed it. Do I have to worry about being infected by listeria?

That's harsh.

Marry me.

My thanks go out to the Edmonton Oilers for dousing the Calgary Flames last night 5 - 1. This leaves my Vancouver Canucks sitting pretty good for clinching the division title. :2thumbs:

Edmonton and Calgary of course have that provincial rivalry thing going on. They do it all over again in Calgary this weekend. Yup, the Flames are going down on the Oilers. :P

Edmonton and Calgary of course have that provincial rivalry thing going on. They do it all over again in Calgary this weekend. Yup, the Flames are going down on the Oilers. :P

Go Oilers!!!!

Why? Because Mike Keenan is the anti-christ and therefore he must lose.

• Site Administrator
My thanks go out to the Edmonton Oilers for dousing the Calgary Flames last night 5 - 1. This leaves my Vancouver Canucks sitting pretty good for clinching the division title. :2thumbs:

Hey, I may be boycotting the Flames this year, but seriously....Go Oilers????

Me thinks Conner is inhaling too much of the local smoke in Vancouver :lol: .

• Site Administrator

Okay Hockey Fans, let the quest for Lord Stanley's cup begin :D .

What is more Canadian than hockey then a Canadian Playoff Hockey Pool?

The prize is a six month premium membership to GA from moi, and there is no entry fee, so this is not considered gambling or a contest to avoid all the pesky rules and regulations.

Here is some basic rules, since I'm creating it, I get to make them :P and reserve the right to change em as necessary:

• There will only be one winner, in case of a tie, an unbiased draw will be made from the people with the most posts.
  • All guesses (notice: not the word entries), must appear in this forum by 11:59pm Mountain Standard Time on Thursday April 14, 2009. (This means all teams will already have one team done already.) I will print them off at that time and any entries that have been edited will be disallowed.
  • This is only for fun, so I'm sure there is tons of ways that you can get around these basic rules, but in the spirit of fun, please try to play along :D .
  • If the winner is already a premium member, then I will make a $45 US donation to GA on your behalf.

So here is how it works:

Pick the winner of First Round of Playoffs, take note of the rankings, so if you pick the eigth placed team to win the first round over the frist place team, they will then play the highest placed team that wins out of the other 3 series.

So hypothetically here is how your entry should look:

Frist Round East Winners: #8 Canadians, #2 Capitals, #3 Hurricanes, #5 Flyers

First Round West Winners: #1 Sharks, #2 Wings, #6 Blues, #4 Blackhawks

Second Round East Winners: #2 Capitals, #5 Flyers (Since #8 would play #2 and #5 would play #3)

Second Round West Winners: #6 Blues, #4 Blackhawks (Since #6 would play #1 and #4 would play #2)

Eastern Conference Winners: #2 Capitals

Western Conference Winners: #6 Blues

Stanley Cup Champions: #6 St Louis Blues :2thumbs:

You will receive 5 points for each correct guess. Why 5, cause I like 5 :P . So possible highest total is 75 points.

Now, here is the rankings and the teams:

Eastern Conference:

• #1 Bruins vs #8 Canadiens
  • #2 Capitals vs #7 Rangers
  • #3 Devils vs #6 Hurricanes
  • #4 Penguins vs #5 Flyers

Western Conference:

• #1 Sharks vs #8 Ducks
  • #2 Wings vs #7 BlueJackets
  • #3 Canucks vs #6 Blues
  • #4 Blackhawks vs #5 Flames

So start your guessing...............

OK, Here's my guess:

First Round East Winners: #1 Bruins, #2 Capitals, #3 Devils, #5 Flyers

First Round West Winners: #1 Sharks, #2 Wings, #6 Blues, #4 Blackhawks

Second Round East Winners: #2 Capitals, #1 Bruins

Second Round West Winners: #1 Sharks, #2 Wings

Eastern Conference Winners: Capitals

Western Conference Winners: Sharks

Stanley Cup Champions:Sharks

You've got to be kidding me, silly man.

*longs for a smiley with a snarky look flipping someone off*

Alright Frost, let's see you predict the future. I don't see your picks posted here.

:D

I thought my pick is very obvious.

I'm not as deluded as you guys afterall.

I'm mentally insane instead.

Everyone knows that Canadians are no longer allowed to win the Stanley Cup. It's in the rules somewhere.